Greetings All!

Michael Breen

Greetings All!

Post by Michael Breen »

HI Everybody,
I'm new here. I found out about desteni through a friend and her father. I've been participating in the Desteni Lite Process. I have also watched the History Of Mankind series and enjoyed it dearly And I am enjoying writing. I am learning about the 4 count breath. I enjoy looking for new ways to express myself and to connect with all of life. This is my deepest wish. I hope I can be of help and/or support. I am really excited. I look forward to communicating and meeting new people. :)
sylvia

Re: Greetings All!

Post by sylvia »

Hi Michael cool you found Desteni!

Are you still in DIP Lite? Or have you already finished it?

You said you love doing your writings, you can share those writings (if they do not compromise you or anyone else) on the forum in the Writing Yourself to Freedom section or the Self-Forgiveness section. That way you can be of any support for others and others can give you support.

The 4-count breath is awesome to learn, let us know how you're progressing.

Here are our forum guidelines in case you haven't read them yet.

Nice to meet you here on the forum Michael, looking forward to hear more from you.
Leila

Post by Leila »

Hey Michael,

Welcome to the forum - enjoy your process!
Eleonora

Post by Eleonora »

Hi Michael,
welcome to the Forum, cool to have you here.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Hi Michael,
Welcome here!!!
christine

Post by christine »

Hi Michael,

Welcome, cool that you are walking DIP Lite and look forward to reading more of you in your sharings/writings..
Michael Breen

Post by Michael Breen »

Yes Sylvia I am still in it. I am on lesson 3 of DIP Lite. The four count breath was easy at first but then it became hard to focus.
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

Hi Mike, glad you are here

On the breathing point, I suggest to take it easy I mean it's not like we go 24/7 counting breath, that would become systematic and rather tough to 'follow through with it.' I suggest rather seeing the four count breath as an exercise that you can apply whenever you see yourself 'taken over' by an experience, meaning when you see you are very much into your own mind and not being 'clear' within you, but going through various experiences that might make you feel anxious, nervous, fearful, sad, too excited or else -

So, the point of practicing breathing is to be able to precisely become more aware of how we breathe, who we are in our physical bodies, how we are experiencing our body based on what we think or perceive - this is the point you can then use as a first stepping stone of self-awareness, which is something that you will then develop as you continue walking your own process - in writing- and in the practical living application, which you'll also understand more in detail throughout your DIP Lite course.

For now, take it easy and see the point of becoming aware of your breath as an ever-present reminder that you have the ability to stop yourself from participating in any experience that you see is not being supportive for you in the moment, and instead take a moment to ground yourself physically, and then be able to decide implementing a new direction, a correction to the experience you're going through in a self-supportive and self-honest manner - all of which will, once again, become clearer as you go.

Thanks for sharing and enjoy sharing here at the forum!
Anna

Post by Anna »

Hi Mike - welcome to the forum!
Michael Breen

Post by Michael Breen »

Thanks Marlen. I'm glad you said take it easy because i needed that. I have been obsessively focused on breathing that I think I have separated myself from experiencing and being present.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”