I agreed to 21 days of this group.

Jamison

I agreed to 21 days of this group.

Post by Jamison »

I have known Tormod many years, and in a bizarre fashion, someone of his friends befriended me on Facebook, and I began to look more critically at this organization and have read several of these Forgiveness iterations. I don't understand the format, nor am I really in a disciplined state of mind currently. And I will just explain that I need help to understand this organization and Facebook is my more acceptable medium for all information.

I will introduce myself, hopefully, I can do that. My name is James, I live in Idaho, the states. My life story is very complicated but upon going to university in California, my life took a dramatic change and I traveled the world with my platonic partner, a male named Ted, and upon returning here from Europe we were categorized as schizophrenic and drugged with medications. Ever since that point, a fog was placed over my mind and through some intense suffering I was able to organize my thoughts and mind to a more grounded position to where I am today which is titrating off some medications slowly as there is significant evidence out there now, that long term treatment isn't necessary and your general functioning and appetite for life is better without being on any medications. I have quite a list of books to read and am weary of getting started with anything on the Desteni.org website. I felt motivated to create a wordpress document but have no concept of how to do it.

Thank you,

James Colby
Gian

Re: I agreed to 21 days of this group.

Post by Gian »

Hi Jamison

Welcome to the Desteni Forums, and thank you for sharing the story to how you have come to writing here today, and so introducing yourself.

My name is Gian, and it is great to meet you. as we have already done on FaceBook as well = )

For more assistance on applying self forgiveness - here is a link to the Destonians Wiki on Self-forgiveness - http://wiki.destonians.com/Self-Forgive ... orgiveness

Also, for interest sake - Desteni has a FREE online course with a Buddy that assists one in learning the basic tools that Desteni provides for self support and assistance. you can have a look at it, it is very user friendly and easy to register and start, go here --> http://lite.desteniiprocess.com/

If, after viewing the first link on Self-Forgiveness I placed at the top and you have gone through it, and you require more assistance, please come back here and place your questions here.

I have read your first Blog, which I was tagged in on FaceBook by you, so I can assume that you do not need help anymore on how to start a blog for writing? if you still do, please ask here and what specifically you are struggling with still, we can support and assist. also, you can start a topic here on the forums where you can post your blogs on the forums and let others here that share the same journey in writing get the support and assisatnce form your writings and how you are supporting and assisting yourself one and equal.

a note on the blog you wrote - we always try and avoid using peoples names in our writings, as this can cause conflict or any other sort of discord with people reading the blogs, or how it can effect those who are mentioned, so this is a practical consideration we take into account, unless you personally have an agreement or understanding with the person whose name you are using that it is all good, then good. but just something to consider for future blogs. so the name or the person that is mentioned in the blog can rather be called person X or Person A. I personally enjoyed your first Blog that you have written within the discipline of Self-Forgiveness, which was your first time. You will with time come to feel it more, develop more intimacy within yourself to really get to the points that is here and needs attention to write on, intimacy (Into Me I SEE).

I am really looking forward to you taking on this writing for yourself and to see you express and develop through your writings, as we have seen over many years with Tormod, it is a self-willed process and it is up to each one, and this 21 day self-forgiveness challenge that you have taken on to actually test it for yourself, I say: go for it fully, do not hold back (obviously once you understand more on the self-forgiveness discipline) and really give it your all to truly have real feedback for yourself on how this works. you have been through a lot in your life, from your sharing in your introduction and within the words you used to describe your short intro, and so this is the place and tools and support and assistance all in one place to take back our lives, to stand up and be the change we want. it isn't going to be easy dealing with past things, emotions and feelings, the thoughts and memories, but removing the roots prevents the future that we do not want to create. it is worth it.

Thank you for the introduction, and See you around.
Carrie

Post by Carrie »

Hi James :) welcome to the forum! Very cool that you made it here. Enjoy!
Jamison

Post by Jamison »

Thank you Gian and Carrie. I need some to time to evaluate all this information. I am a bit out of sorts right now so I need to process some of my day.
JessicaA

Post by JessicaA »

Welcome :D
Cool you are considering assisting and supporting yourself!!
Cheers
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

Hi Jamison!

Glad you found Tormod and consequently the process of self support here at Desteni. I agree with Gian's suggestion on taking on DIP Lite, there you will be able to step by step understand more about self forgiveness, what self honesty is, learn to identify your thoughts, emotions, feelings and so get the essential understanding to start writing yourself in this self-supportive manner.

Ask away if you have any questions about the process, the writings or in general participate on others' posts and writings, reading through the support given to each other in this forum is also a cool way to start seeing what applying common sense and looking at solutions means when working with our self-change and getting to know ourselves as our mind.

Enjoy your journey to life :)

Welcome
Jamison

Post by Jamison »

Thanks, I am in a bit of a brainstorm and can't quite settle down to going through a lot of information at this moment in time, but I see Gian's reply is full of links and I am trying to buckle down and absorb some of that information, but to be honest just watching/reading the posts is quite a lot.
barbara

Post by barbara »

Cool Jamison, take it one breath at a time - welcome and enjoy!
Maite

Post by Maite »

Cool James - welcome here! What is nice about the DIP Lite course that has been suggested here already, is that it presents information in bite-size and you can go through it at your own pace entirely.
viktor

Post by viktor »

Welcome!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”