Marlen's Blogs

Marlen

Re: Marlen's Blogs

Post by Marlen »

546. Exploring Humbleness

Or sharing the different ways in which I lived the opposite of humbleness, an initial attempt of being humble and the current application of this word in my process

§ Continuing from: 530. The Secret Behind Attraction

When looking at the word humbleness what first comes up is how I’ve been integrating this word as a key element in my process in relation to considering others and being able to relate to others from a humble approach.

What do I mean by this? I have had the tendency since I was a little girl to be ‘ahead’ of the class most of the time. I’ll be the one in the class that would always finish whatever we had to do much earlier than the rest and had to wait for everyone else to finish or catch up with something. I have been the person that would start learning a new language with a group of people and drop out after the first few lessons because ‘everyone else was going so slow, I got easily bored.’

I have generally existed within a very ingrained perception towards others that had a tinge of superiority that I would not see or define as ‘superiority’ itself, because I deemed that there was ‘something’ – like some kind of ‘special ability’ - in me that facilitated certain things in my life in relation to studies, processing of information or learning stuff, which surely are skills that can be useful - but I did allow me to think better of myself in that regard and create a distinction between ‘me’ towards the rest of the people.

I always assumed ‘I knew better than everyone else’ and I’m speaking of a perception that I had as early as my first day in a social environment with ‘fellow beings’ in kindergarten, where I remember all the kids cried when leaving their parents for the first time and I decided to not follow the trend and ‘stand strong’ and didn’t follow the crowd with the crying choir. From that moment on, I considered that I was superior/better, more ‘mature’ or ‘evolved’ than the rest of my peers – hell, sometimes I even thought I could see through the teachers or ‘knew better’ than them, lol - but, interestingly enough all of this even if I could not verbalize it as I am doing it now, led me to eventually create a point of isolation based on separation and a general sense of ‘specialness’ as self-definitions wherein I created my own bubble of ‘I’m an outsider, I’m better than everyone else,’ while at the same time not dealing with the actual issues I had in relation to being able to see past my judgments towards others as ‘inferior’ or ‘unknowledgeable’ and learn what it would mean to truly be humble towards others.

When noticing this, I tried to find ways to not stand ‘above’ the rest but ‘mingle more’ in the midst of it. Sure I’d get along with people, but there was still a very subtle yet ever present regard about myself as ‘knowing better’ than others – which I also consider is more common than we’d like to admit in a lot of people, it’s the typical mind programming where we believe we are the center of the universe instead of learning to consider others as equals to us as life itself.

The way that this lack of humbleness would come through in me over time is through an experience of exasperation, impatience, only considering ‘my understanding’ and not really being willing to ‘slow down’ or ‘walk with’ at the pace of others at all times. I did try and help them through for example assisting with studies and such, but other times depending on the people, I’d use this ‘superiority’ as a way to cope with experiences of the opposite polarity as inferiority that I didn’t get to question at first.

I got to a point during my teenage years and early adulthood wherein I perceived that most people were simply ‘different’ to me and were not really ‘worth my time’ to interact with, preferring to always get along with those that I deemed ‘equal’ to me in terms of personalities and intellectual capacities, in essence becoming an elitist of sorts while still presenting myself as the opposite of that many times, which is also an interesting feat. However in self-honesty one cannot continue deceiving oneself where we know we are putting a ‘show’ towards others, but haven’t really dealt with the source of our actual discomfort, annoyance, irritation, impatience or judgments towards others, which are all in my case a result of having lived in a very confined self-definition as ‘superior’, even if I would have most likely said ‘not at all’ to this latter assertion back when I was shaping myself as this personality in my early teens.

This perceived ‘knowing better’ experience led me to generate an ‘elevated’ separation towards my peers. I truly got to think or perceive that I was simply placed in the wrong planet, at the wrong time and that I simply didn’t deserve to have the life that I had, lol. So, one can get the idea of an ever-present layer in me as a personality that at the same time was co-existing with a deeply rooted sense of inferiority, a sense of worthlessness ‘beyond my intellectual capacities’ which I actually ended up creating as a definition onto myself that I blamed other people throughout my life for, in the sense of ‘them’ only ‘appreciating me’ or ‘regarding me’ as a piece of walking-intellect rather than actually getting to know me as the real being and person – but, the reality is that I was the one that was very quick to label and cage everyone else, being very quick to judge and assess who I would ‘want to get along with’ and who I would simply not treat as an absolute equal – even if being in good speaking terms with them.

It’s definitely interesting to realize how one is the discriminator when one believes that ‘others are not embracing me for being ‘sort of different’ while I made it a point to go ‘against the tide’ most of the times which implied by default that I would do things and behave in ways wherein I could come through as pedant, offensive at times towards certain kinds of people and transgressive if not attackative at times, which was my way of compensating for an actual sense of inadequacy experienced while growing up, where the only ‘forte’ I had was a certain set of intellectual skills or capacities that I could use with ease to get me through in ‘good positions’ in schools. But, I also got tired of this and wanted to be more than just a perceived ‘intelligent’ person that I believed no one was really caring to ‘get to know’ about, but in reality I was probably the one that would be quite reserved based towards others to begin with, wasn’t as ‘open’ or affable but mostly had a ‘protective shield’ which probably could scare some people away lol.

Many times I considered that others were discriminating me for ‘who I am,’ but I never dared to really look again and see how as much as I wanted to get along with everyone, this underlying judgment of superiority within me sustained at the same time by a sense of inferiority kept me limited and defined by my own acceptance and allowance of judgments and values placed on top of who I really am, which is life, which is equality.

Fast forwarding from those times to where I am now, I’ve definitely been able to deconstruct and understand why I created such personalities around people, why I would keep a sense of ‘intellectual superiority’ in order to compensate for a sense of inferiority and how all of this currently translates in my life wherein I work with people, I work in assisting others to walk this process from consciousness to self-awareness as life. And this has been – and still is – quite the perfect position for me to be at considering all of this background that I’ve just shared about wherein I had not admitted to myself that I was in fact throughout my whole life ‘setting myself apart’ through a sense of superiority and specialness, sustained by the opposite polarity that I perceived at the time as ‘the real me,’ the ‘human flawed me’ - which I used as a way to ‘equalize’ myself to people, believing that in order to get out of my ‘tough-headed’ personality as an ‘all-knowing’ person that became a tad arrogant with people, I would have to get along with troubled people, people I considered were suffering in ways that I had no context to in my personal life, and in my quest to understand and help them, I would create friendships and relationships with people that signified – at the time – my desire to be humble and consider others’ misfortunes – and in a way challenge my seemingly ‘perfect’ life where nothing seemed to ever be a real ‘drama’ or ‘go wrong’ in a real way.

This path of seeking to be ‘humble’ through diminishing myself in such relationships wasn’t the way either, because I deliberately fed my character weaknesses like the emotional self that would come through as experiences of depression, worthlessness, inferiority, invalidation – all of this I created and believed was ‘who I really was’ so that I could have something ‘in common’ with the people that I was interested in getting along with and understanding in terms of their troublesome self-experience and lives.

Well, I ended up realizing that it was not really about ‘them’ but about me and my desire to be apparently ‘normal’ by experiencing the troubles and flaws ‘with them,’ instead of having seen how I allowed myself to go into a superiority, a separation, a ‘thinking better of myself’ type of default experience towards others which then led me to go riding through the ups and downs believing that life wasn’t really about all the good and fortunate positions I had been in my life, and so I kind of had to become ‘flawed’ in order to get along with what I deemed ‘the real people’ and no longer be deemed as the ‘perfect’ one that ‘never makes a mistake’ and instead, I created a personality within me that I knew could get along with or attract the kind of people I was interested in understanding and getting to know, ‘troubled’ people that I believed I could help out yet deemed ‘cool’ for daring to not go through the ‘seeking happiness at all cost’ attitude, but stood ‘true’ to themselves in their emotional experience.

Of course all of this that I explain was the way I would reason it at the time, which is not at all how I would see things today.

I realize that the truth of ourselves is what we make ourselves and our lives to be, which is visible in everything we think, do and act upon. And that we are the only ones that can define what’s supportive, what’s acceptable and what’s not in our lives – it’s not about considering that those that suffer are ‘more real’ than those that are constantly on the winning side, or that I had to ‘step down’ of my perceived ‘perfection throne’ in order to ‘get more real’ with what I considered more ‘real people’ that had ‘real life problems’ unlike me. That’s where I realized that people get along with and feel comfortable with whoever shows to have the same flaws or difficulties and at this stage, I cannot be entirely sure if I ever was then that kind of ‘troubled’ person in nature or if I made it all up for the sake of making myself more ‘normal’ or ‘humanly flawed’ in order to fit in with those I deemed as the ‘cool and real troubled people.’

Regardless of the order of that, it was self-created and I ended up becoming –or getting lost into- my character to such an extent that I stopped being able to differentiate the act from ‘the real me’ and ended up really getting ‘what I wanted’ from the specific people I wanted to be close to, whom I made myself to have something ‘in common’ with, like emotional experiences of inadequacy and depression, worthlessness or a lack of joy for living – which yes, led me to meet interesting people that I now see also allowed me to get to know about the diversity of ‘life’ as it exists in this world that I would have otherwise been oblivious too if I had not become this ‘tormented character’ that shaped my life for quite some time.

Now, all of that process of becoming a certain ‘flawed’ personality in order to be able to connect and also ‘assist’ others was a misconceived form of ‘humbleness’ that wasn’t real humbleness, I was trying to do the empathy game where I reduced myself to a level of experience in order to relate to others, instead of rather being able to understand others through first understanding myself.

Of course at the time I didn’t have the tools that I have now to be able to even word all of this out, and in a way it’s not like I could have done it any differently because that particular path led me to where I am now, eventually getting a bit too lost in this process of ‘seeking a truth’ separate from myself and getting lost in my own emotional characters that I’ve had to understand and debunk throughout these years, eventually all of it becoming actual habits and patterns that have taken time to stop and ‘rewire’ within myself, lol, I realize I did it all to myself and very consciously so.

But even if I was aware of what I was ‘reducing’ myself to in terms of my life and the personalities I became, my flawed sense of life-worth led me to stick to my perceptions at the time for a variety of reasons that were related to being able to stand out of the crowd, going against the tide and creating a form of specialness and separation through self-definitions that ended up becoming my very own cage.

Currently humbleness in my life/process is the ability to consider others’ lives, processes and awareness, it’s a word I constantly use to not forget the process that I’ve walked within Desteni in order to get to understand all of this in my life as my own creation and be able to step back from the programming and see it for what it is =a self-creation that we can decide to change and stand up from with actual work and living words in practice.

Doing this can become a second nature after some time, but in no way must it become yet another source of superiority and personal-accolade where even the act of supporting another could become another way to continue living out this subtle ‘superiority’ or ‘knowing better than others’ and feeding my ego about it, but this is precisely one of the key points in my process that I’ve been quite diligent and careful to not fall into - meaning, not falling within the perception that ‘I know better’ or placing myself in a superiority stance because I am aware of how that backfires in self-limitation – yet it can be a very subtle ‘constant’ in me if I don’t constantly also decide to remind me of living humbleness and equality instead.

This comes in very subtle ways that at times they might completely go unnoticed within me because of how Ingrained this perception has been throughout my life, and this is where I can remind myself that whenever I am seeing ‘ahead’ of another and start getting desperate, exasperated, frustrated and generally ‘bothered’ by the level of awareness that another person might have in an interaction with me, I have to embrace the word humbleness to truly ensure every time that I am in such position of providing assistance and support that I am not acting out of a sense of superiority, or that I am not placing myself on a ‘superior’ or ‘advanced’ position in relation to others, but instead remind me how this is a self-created perception wherein I cannot really ‘know’ ahead of anything other than what is evident in the moment, and so stop feeding any form of ‘being ahead of the game’ perceptions I may have at times.

There are layers of physical experiences that I see come through at times when being amongst people, wherein upon listening to them and getting to see ‘where they’re at’ in their life, I have immediately gone into the labeling or tagging of ‘who the person is’ according to the level of self-awareness I perceive/believe they can have – which is a source of separation and knowledge-based type of assumptions.

What I would definitely like to learn to live is real humbleness where I can truly be devoid of self-definitions or any form of ego-interest and stand completely clear and stable within me when interacting with others and simply be there as a point of support, a voice of experience based on my own process and ensure that no matter what, I always s remind myself of our equality, of eating my ‘humble pie’ whenever I see myself going into any shift in my mind that perceives anything or anyone else as more or less than who I am.

This is all easier said than done, but it truly has been a process of learning to deconstruct these ingrained yet subtle traits that I deemed as ‘normal’ in me, experiences that still might come through at times when talking or assisting people directly, which is where I have to direct myself to embrace the other person, to step out of the inferior/superior paradigm and learn to see another as an equal, to walk with and side by side, to remember my own process that has led me to be where and how I am today and that this is what the real meaning of humbleness is for me, it’s all about recognizing our equality yet our specific lives, positions, allocations, life contexts and potentials wherein I can stand in a position of assisting others that also want to assist themselves in the same process I’ve decided to live and apply in my own life.

More to open up….

Thanks for reading.
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

547. How to Live Humbleness

§ Continuing from: 546. Exploring Humbleness
and: 530. The Secret Behind Attraction

Today I’ll write some self forgiveness to see what I haven’t yet lived and applied in relation to humbleness and the specific and subtle aspects where I miss out on living this very relevant word for me.

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to live humbleness as the consideration of every person’s living context, abilities, skills, life experience and the rest of patterns and habits that create who each individual is wherein I can approach each person with a set of eyes that is devoid of taking ‘me/myself’ into consideration only, but learns to see and get to know an individual for who and what they are in their own creation, as an individual that cannot be measured in ‘better’ or ‘worse’ type of values, but an individual that I can learn to approach and get to know through time and developing communication/getting to know a person, and learning to see who they are in the moment – not based on their past, not based on ‘ideas’ I’ve created about others – but entirely focusing on their words, their actions and deeds in the moment wherein I stop comparing ‘who they are’ to any sort of ‘ideal’ I create about myself or others in a certain situation.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to create a differentiation between myself and other people based on a perception of skills or abilities – instead of realizing I can in humbleness use my skills, abilities and do whatever I am capable of living and doing in order to assist others if they also want to assist themselves in improving certain skills, supporting themselves in their own life wherein my humbleness approach is then not based on wanting others to develop ‘the same as me’ or ‘become like me’ but it is about me learning to assist another to sculpt themselves, to polish their strengths and strengthen their weaknesses where I can also learn to know an individual for who they are, devoid of ‘more’ or ‘less’/ superior or inferior contexts, but learning to see people the same way that I see trees or parts of nature that I’ve learned to not compare to one another – because that’s a humble approach to life and to us living beings that are worlds in ourselves and cannot be ‘measured’ in any value-system way.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to diminish myself, my life to a set of perceived ‘skills’ only wherein I can instead be humble in realizing that those ways in which I perceived myself as ‘better than’ others are a limitation, because in reality I want to approach people from a genuinely equal stand point wherein I learn to quiet my ‘analyzer-mind’ that tends to quickly judge and ‘gauge’ people, and instead be here hearing what another person has to say, to learn to take in their words, their deeds as who they are in the moment without judgment or appraisal – wherein I can stand equal to them in that moment and simply share myself if I have something to contribute to and if not, be ok with simply being there getting to know an individual.

I forgive myself that I haven’t allowed myself to live humbleness in my overall approach to people and how I see people where I can use my skills and ways of living and how I can be focused in the details of things and be specific with myself in order to assist others to learn to do the same for others – so that whatever I see is a potential to develop within myself and others can be shared and so instead of me defining myself according to a particular set of skills or abilities, I can use them to assist others and in doing so expand self’s potentials to live in a supportive manner if I see in common sense that is beneficial for everyone involved.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to exist in a subtle arrogance and superiority towards people whenever I’ve allowed myself to go into an impatience towards others, instead of realizing I can use my own skills and place them into application to be patient, to be humble, to be considerate of another’s pace in life and process, wherein I then use this skill of being meticulous and detailed in order to get to know others better and continue challenging myself to be able to place myself in their shoes and see how it would be best to assist others as well from their stand point and considering their current ‘views’ and stance, wherein I can apply humbleness as in stopping seeing ‘through my own eyes’ and learn to see from where another is and what they are experiencing because that is what I would like to develop as a skill that it actually becomes an interesting challenge for myself, to be ‘self-less’ when approaching others in the context of getting to know them or being in a context of providing assistance and support towards them.

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to use this skill of ‘being aware’ of myself in order to also be more aware of other people, their lives, their context and learn to fully embrace them in who they are without any judgments, without being exigent or over-analyzing others’ situations and experiences, wherein being humble means reminding myself about my own process wherein I know what it is to feel ‘lost’ in my mind and having a perception of seeing ‘no way out’ wherein I can learn to breathe, be stable, relax whenever I am getting frustrated or desperate in relation to seeing repetitive patterns in my life that of others and in consequence of our own reality loops that will continue existing as such until I decide to stop justifying my impatience and reactions towards ‘repetition’, and instead live humbleness as the consideration of each one’s pace and living process which may or may not be like ‘my experience, ‘ but here it is to stop comparing myself to everyone else for once and for all because that’s the real essence of humbleness.

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to see how the notion of specialness exists as the core of separation in our minds, because when applying humbleness towards one another, we learn to consider each other’s lives and minds completely without any judgment, without any ‘value’ attached to it as more or less or inferior and superior – and this is the essence of equality of learning to see with a new pair of eyes wherein I can stand next to a person - not above, not below – and learn to see who they are through their words, through their body language, through their presence and be ‘self-less’ in that moment so that I can stop comparing myself to them or creating an idea of ‘who they should be’ in that moment, but learn to see in innocence as if I was there for the first time facing them and their situation.

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to live humbleness as the ability to see things always as if it was ‘the first time’ that I approach a context or a situation in relation to walking a process with another person, wherein I can let go of the judgments I’ve created towards others and who they are and instead approach them anew, each time, so that I can then learn to approach a person from their current reality, instead of holding a ‘profile’ of another and myself towards them from the past and so recreating the past which is what I have to stop doing in order to embrace the moment, the current reality as is without judgment.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to create an exasperation and impatience towards other people instead of considering that it is not about ‘others’ that I create an experience but about my own relationship to ‘others’ existing as judgments and piled-up experiences that I have to first sort out within myself, wherein I can apply humbleness as a first point of letting go of any assessments and ‘qualifications’ I have tended to project onto others and instead be humble in how I operate within myself, wherein I can learn to see myself in others in whichever phase or context they are in and stop referencing ‘back to myself’ to decide ‘who others are for me’ and instead learn to see ‘who they are’ for what they are and do – and that’s it.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed to exist as elitism in the past wherein through not wanting to get to know all kinds of people I would in fact limit my ability to get to know and appreciate other humans that are also myself and so I was preventing myself from living equality. Whereas currently that I am more focusing on living this equality, I am able to be more open and initiate conversations with others to get to know them and I do require at the same time to do so in full equality instead of subtly going into the ‘I know better’ or ‘I know what kind of people you are’ wherein this becomes a limitation in that moment, so I have to focus on being detailed, specific and quite diligent in stopping my own assumptions I can create towards people even upon a first conversation and instead learn to see them in innocence, without judgments, without ‘qualifications’ of any kind, but be there as a physical being, not a mind-being.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to live arrogance as the set of identification of my ‘intellect’ as something superior to that of others, when in fact this same apparent ‘intellect’ becomes the very set of programming that I have to now debunk within myself in order to learn to truly live the word humbleness which cannot be tied at all with knowledge and information, because being humble means fully approaching something like a child would do, without any perceptions, ideas, beliefs, notions about myself or another – and in this, true equality emerges where I learn to see another individual and myself for who I am in the moment, instead of re-loading the plethora of memories, ideas of myself that I have recreated as a mind-set of patterns that I am aware is not supportive. Therefore I want to approach people in innocence and humbleness wherein I can stop any quick assessment related to values, perceptions, ideas, beliefs and push myself to see myself and others for who they are in the moment, regardless of what went ‘before’ them or myself, and so live in the moment assessing reality, not holding on to ‘who I am’ as the past to approach people in this moment of reality.

I realize that living humbleness also means being devoid of definitions as particular perceptions of skills, experiences or ‘beneficial aspects’ within myself because that only exists as a notion in my head, and all that matters in a single moment is not who I am as all of that baggage of knowledge and information or tools I can use, but all that matters is how I stand in a moment in relation to a person, wherein I have to now be very specific in not recreating this pattern of superiority and inferiority that I’ve lived throughout my whole life in a very subtle manner, yet ever present.

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to be humble towards myself and so as an extension towards others wherein I can learn to see people as physical beings and assess who they are in the moment based on the words in the moment, their actions in the moments and be willing to ‘start anew’ each time with them, wherein I can use memory only as a reference of what I know of them, but not to hold that past against myself or others either, because this is not a humble approach to life, so I can be humble in approaching each one ‘anew’ which is in fact approaching life and others in self-forgiveness.

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to see that I wanted others to ‘see me’ in a different manner as in not placing myself as ‘superior’ or ‘more than’ themselves, but I didn’t realize how I was doing this towards myself and vice versa wherein we create the same patterns of superiority and inferiority in the most subtle ways that we approach one another – therefore I can live humbleness in ensuring that I am being completely equal to another in a moment, without ‘mind interference’ or ‘mind noise’ that judges, that criticizes and the rest of it, but instead be open, vulnerable, humble, considerate and caring in my communication with others, in my reading towards others and in my general interactions with other human beings no matter ‘where’ I get to interact with others or whatever the ‘context’ might be.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to give any value to intellect as a point of ‘superiority’ when in fact, this is the very thing that cages us in values and perceptions we create towards everything in ‘consciousness terms,’ because life is not knowledge, life is a living and is a ‘blank slate’ approach from a moment to moment – it is only us as consciousness systems and beings that can generate such separation through our minds towards life, therefore I have to learn how to be life and stop the lies as ‘intellect’ - knowledge and information – from being any form of self-definition within me.

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to live humbleness as the consideration towards others in self-support, instead of having ‘diminished’ myself to experience problems and conflicts in order to be ‘equal’ to others in my past, instead of seeing how I can be a point of support and share towards others how we can be the better version of ourselves and tap into our potential wherein humbleness becomes not only a way to approach others and learn from them and take them ‘as they are’ but also expands into considering our potential, the creation of the better version of ourselves and this I can start doing by sharing myself and this process in itself of how I decide to stop defining me through knowledge and information and instead see how I can practically become a better living being in something as simple as how I approach a person, a set of information, a context, a culture, a conversation with a strange – any and all things are opportunities and points wherein I can learn to apply humbleness.

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to live humbleness as the ability to breathe through reading, listening to another or getting to be part of a conversation with people and learn to see others as their words in the moment, and not ‘hold others captive’ based on who they have been in the past, because living humbleness and consideration means approaching the moment as is without ‘baggage of the past’ – and this is also something to apply to myself of course wherein living in the moment means not reliving the same judgmental patterns within my mind, but be clear, be anew, approach the moment in innocence – yet with the experience of common sense and self-honesty as well.

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to live humbleness as the application of equality and considering others in placing myself in the shoes of another without the notion that ‘I am doing this to ‘reduce myself’ because that single perception of ‘reducing’ me, is coming from a form of superiority – therefore I realize that placing myself in the shoes of another is a true equal one on one, no more, no less and this I have to be very cautious and aware of when placing it into application.

I commit myself to live humbleness as the consideration of my process and every one else’s unique process and position in life wherein I cannot compare myself to anyone nor vice versa, because each individual is unique and having a very particular set of experiences and living conditions that I cannot at all ever cage into a judgment or ‘value’ of sorts – but only consider equality and consider the potential that we can bring out in each other if approaching ourselves in humbleness.

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to live humbleness as the ability to stand as and in the shoes of another, wherein there is no need to try and ‘connect’ but rather to realize I am them as well and I don’t have to connect through a personality with others, but I can learn to see directly who they are through their expression, and so being humble to get to know another for who they are in that moment and so over time without holding another captive to ‘initial or past memories’ created towards them, which are always not about ‘them’ but about how I used my mind to cage another in certain values and experiences.

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to live humbleness as the understanding of who we are in our minds and so approach each mind, each person, each life without a judgment to it, wherein I can yes still see and understand patterns, see what another is experiencing but without adding it a judgment as a value of that being ‘good’ or ‘bad’ or ‘superior’ or ‘inferior’ anymore – but stick to seeing what is possible if one works on developing a potential, such as the process that it takes to develop self-honesty, learning to be ok with seeing the truth of ourselves, our flaws and be willing to be committed to work on those as part of our humble approach to life as well, because this means we have no limitation as well to do something and to give ourselves an opportunity to live.

I commit myself to live attention within myself in my interaction with others wherein I can be humble in my approach towards others and embrace them as equals, learn to see them ‘anew’ in a moment and so also be humble within myself to learn and practice what it is to live equality, which is being devoid of the gauging-mindset or set of polarity values that are separate and have no relationship to life – I instead can be living and embodying equality within myself so that I can ensure my approach towards the life in others is seen in innocence and common sense, considering what’s best for myself and them and the context and life itself.

I commit myself to learn to approach another person without any judgment of ‘who I am’ in relation to them, but instead be devoid of knowledge and information that defines me as ‘more or less than’ another, but be physical, be attentive in who I am in that moment and so who another or others are in the moment, because that’s the kind of embracing equality and humbleness that I want to live in my life and that I know will simplify the way I relate to myself and others, where there are no more ‘expectations’ or ‘pre-tense’ but simply living in the moment, as life and that’s the way forward for me. J
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

548. Being Dedicated

Or how to redefine the starting point for living the word dedication having self as the starting point

§ Continuing from 530. The Secret Behind Attraction

I looked at this word and found how I have lived dedication in several ways in my life, but a common factor is that all of those things wherein I’ve been most dedicated have been related to doing tasks or activities where there starting point was more about doing it ‘for others’ or to ‘benefit others’ only, and this is a common tendency I’ve seen in people like myself where we tend to shift our focus and attention towards ‘changing the world out there’ or ‘assisting others’ but in all of that, ending up missing out on ourselves, on being the starting point and principle of all living words and being dedicated for ourselves, as ourselves, as the very life that is in us and that exists in equality in everyone else.

An example is how I outlined this word from that blog I wrote on ‘attraction’ and finding words that I could see this person living for himself was – from my perception - living personal dedication wherein he became a sort of ‘expert’ in his creative field even when having a regular 8 hour a day job ‘in the system’ for decades, doing something that didn’t at all relate to his creative side so to speak. He still lived the same dedication to his art, his field of expertise and create himself from that, which has made him a sort of ‘wise man’ from my perspective based on his consistency and diligence to keep himself functional in the system, yet when it comes to his personal creativity, standing very much on his own ‘way’ which is quite a rebellious one to say the least in the context of what he does as art, but here I’m not even focusing on ‘him’ or ‘his art’ but more like the balance this person could create in terms of dedication.

I’ve also been watching some series about designers and I’ve seen how creative people in general have always been a source of inspiration for me. I can be a person that whenever I am hitting a ‘blank’ in some way, I can watch an interview or documentary about a creative person in arts/music and be able to draw these words and aspects that they were able to live through in their lives to get to be who they ‘got to be’ as in being masters in their craft and art, which usually leaves a good set of learning-experiences from these people where surely they weren’t ‘perfect beings,’ but in the spirit of ‘investigating all things and keep what’s good’ – one can always find something very cool to learn from these visionaries, creators, designers, artists which are sort of the people I gravitate towards, but hey it’s not really limited to that, I’ve also found I can learn from any human being when getting to know their story and what they have managed to learn or overcome to live their life.

Seeing other people be dedicated about doing something ‘for themselves’ mirrored back to myself as a potential that I had given up for some years – and still in the process of creating my footing around it – wherein I ‘felt’ I truncated a career for me for some years because of focusing/dedicating myself only on this process in itself and perceiving I could not expand further from that or actually continue ‘creating’ something for myself, something that is entirely for me and existing as my expression – and not only related to say the ‘theory’ and support structure behind this process - but doing something that can stand as the reflection, the outcome, the result of this very personal process expressed into a point of creation that can possibly stand through the test of time as something that expresses/reveals me and can stand as a point of living-testimony of this process at the same time, so both points in one so to speak: self-creation and the living of this process in one.

This point of creation is not only about the creation of a project, a set of works I’d like to do, but it includes my own life where I’ve seen that I have to now shift my dedication to self-dedication as well and balance out that self-commitment not for ‘the process’ in itself and the dedication I’ve created to set this foundation for myself within it, but it does feel - and I’ve been ‘feeling’ this for quite some time now – that it’s time to settle all of this towards the next step, which to me is also very much linked to dedication and the didactics within it – which from my perspective can only be a true-sharing and process of ‘teaching’ if one has also done the process and walked it for oneself.

Along with dedication I also see the words focus and perseverance, because that ‘trinity’ of words is exactly what I require to not give up on very personal projects I’d like to develop for me and my life and at the same time, be able to create an equilibrium in what I’ve mostly been doing for now as the core and movement of this process in itself for the benefit of many more.

Therefore I can source from my own example in this word wherein I can see and recognize I have been quite diligent, dedicated and consistent with responsibilities that I’ve taken on ‘towards others’ or what I’ve defined as a ‘greater purpose’ – for a lack of a better way to explain it – meaning, projects that do not only involve ‘me’ as my own starting point and end of creation, but have mostly been dedicated when it is meant or geared towards a common benefit.

Why has this been so? I have been that kind of people that would also perceive that having a greater purpose would imply giving up personal projects, where I had in a defined or invested myself towards my own self-interest. Arts is one of those, but lately I’ve been realizing the sabotage I created within myself around it where I’ve seen how it really isn’t even about ‘arts’, but how I had created a relationship to arts that instead of redefining it from a starting point of self-interest towards one of self-support and having a career that I can live from, I neglected it by considering I could not resolve my relationship ‘towards art’ and that I should just give it up.

Though I also recognize that when I was formally having my time in art school, I was equally dedicated to both points, Desteni as in taking the time, discipline, effort and application invested on all of the vast material, references, interactions, courses and participation that I truly see it as a ‘second simultaneous career’ of sorts while also being dedicated to university and not just doing it ‘half-assed’ but fully knowing that this is what I wanted to create and be for myself, that I was going to give my best as my creation.

From applying discipline in arts creation, I’ve learned a lot from the discipline, detail, focus and consistency that it takes to create something in ‘old fashioned’ art ways, which seemed like quite a challenge at the beginning of my career where I was more into doing ‘fast art’ type of things, and I ended up challenging myself by taking one of the most rigorous and precise methods of image creation, such as print making learned through apprenticeship in methods that are a couple of centuries old. In essence I pushed some boundaries but I do consider I fell short in this, and I can still pull it through to something that I can genuinely stand as the creator of it myself.

This time I want to direct the word dedication to do what I can create for and as myself, for the first time without expecting or needing a ‘reference’ for me to keep going or to stop sabotaging me from continuing with a project based on the perception that this is ‘self-interest’ or ‘no one else is benefitting from this that I do.’

Here I have to instead remind myself that being a creator is about who we are within anything and everything that we do – no matter if it is building up a business from scratch, opening up a new field of knowledge and information that is supportive for humanity, being a visual artist, a writer, a set of parents that truly see themselves and their children as their ultimate works of art and live according to that, a person that can step up from very difficult living conditions and create a way through in life, people that overcome the worst kind of outcomes or consequences in their lives and find the strength to reinvent themselves and succeed in what they do…

Well, in essence I could expand the list to many examples, and that is also a good indication of how through this process one learns to see the potential, the process of ‘overcoming’ difficulties, but also the kind of self-mastery that emerges with living words like dedication, consistency, perseverance and focus to be someone that can understand the level of capacity and responsibility we have as creators, because that’s ultimately what our lives are really about from my perspective and current understanding: seeing directly through our thoughts, words and deeds who we are as creator, created and creation and live in/as our own creation, which yes can go both ways of completely acknowledging and using our creative abilities for the best of our potential or completely ignoring it all and diminishing or squandering our opportunity to genuinely live.

I definitely want to embody the word dedication not only towards something I can do ‘for others’ but also in my own life because that’s where I am aware I have been ‘slacking’ and lacking-me in essence to be and do something for myself, as myself, besides formal ‘process work’ and that’s also why one can get to feel ‘frustrated’ or in a ‘halt’ of sorts if one stops seeing oneself as a creator not only in a direction of ‘providing support’ but to first and foremost support oneself, create oneself and get to tap into the enjoyment and satisfaction of living that in a particular activity, field, line of work or projects where we can also expand, learn from and grow into, without in my case having to fall into the absolutism of only doing ‘one thing,’ because that’s limited for sure, we can be and do so much more if I step out of my two-dimensional view on my life.

Dedication also sounds a bit to me like the-deed-actions, the actual doings that we can place our time, effort, focus and perseverance on in order to see who we really are as creators, to learn to be consistent in doing something that I might see ‘no point’ in doing after some time and rather get to complete it, get to walk through it to its end to then have the real say as the creator of it and see who I was within the whole creative process, and ultimately assess how supportive or beneficial it was or wasn’t.

The key point for me here is to precisely not give up ‘half way’ in it, but be able to see something through until I get to complete it and then be able to have the ‘creator’s say’ on whether this is something that I can use and pursue any further or not, which is something that can only be assessed once something is finished, completed or achieved.

Of course this is in terms of self-honesty, meaning I have tended to hear a lot of my own thoughts of why I should quit doing something, so I have to be quite aware to not ‘quit’ on something based on reactions or having ‘second thoughts’ but only stop if there’s something that is genuinely consequential or compromising in reality– that’s a practical assessment – but in terms of experiencing a resistance, that’s where I have to live the word dedication and actually get to do and see the completion of something I set myself to do that I might initially think ‘it’s only for my own benefit’ or even pleasure. Ultimately this will be reflected on who I become as a creator in doing so, and that’s how we can eventually see where our efforts, consistency and perseverance is directed to and get to know our ‘wood’ as creators.

And this is also something I’ve only recently come to understand when it comes to ‘it’s about who you are within what you do’ – where instead of me judging the actual activity/work/creative process and outcome of it, I can see how I can test my creative abilities in whatever I get to do and work on. This is also in consideration of living in a world where we won’t only do ‘what we like,’ but we certainly get to test our preference-limitations through having all kinds of ways and jobs to make a living regardless of a ‘preference’ – yet even in those situations where we’ve felt most ‘compromised,’ we get to learn more about ourselves, the kind of person that we can develop ourselves to be within it all, the words that we can learn to live in those situations and contexts – all of that is certainly a place where we can live dedication for and as ourselves, as a quality to develop within ourselves, regardless of the outcome or ‘final product’ of something.

Therefore I see this word dedication is linked to action, to creation, to the consistency, the perseverance and focus I can put on doing something and ‘seeing it through’ which is what in my life has given me quite a sense of satisfaction, not because of ‘accomplishing’ something necessarily, but because of proving myself to be able to be and live to be much more than what I initially thought I could do or be in my life.

So, dedication, as ‘hard work’ as it may sound, it also comes with the inevitable fruits as a result of our input and output on a day to day living, and this is then where it stops being only something one has to be constantly ‘working on’ or ‘giving our time to’ but, we can change the equation to seeing how we are truly growing, learning about ourselves in order to be empowered and start creating, start directing, start and so continue paving the way through in what we want to stand as and live as in our lives.

Being dedicated to oneself as life can be the key to ‘see this life through’ with self-honor and self-respect and there’s only one way that one can predict this kind of outcome or future, which is by living self-honor and self-respect on a daily basis, living that dedication to be better in our lives and consequently affect others’ lives through that. The simple shift in this equation for myself is entirely having myself as the starting point, seeing every day as an opportunity to challenge myself, no matter ‘what’ I do but always remember it’s about ‘who I am’ in what I do that defines my truth and so what we make of ourselves in our lives, our ‘destiny’ or outcome of our self-creative process.

So, I’ll keep an eye on this word from here on and walk the next phase of using this quality that I’ve seen in me in certain ways or aspects and now use it to see who am I as this word if I see it’s not within something I see is benefitting ‘others’ directly, but is existing only as myself, for myself, which is quite a field to explore in my personal life.

Thanks for reading.
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

549. Being Physical

Or how to embrace the potential of who we are in our physical body through stopping the participation in our mind’s noise

Continuing from 530. The Secret Behind Attraction

This is the last word that I listed in the blog cited above wherein I started looking at all of the words I had separated myself from and instead approach them seeing ‘who I am’ in relation to all of these words. So far I’ve seen where I have lived words mostly through energy/through the mind or personality systems and instead learning how to substantiate myself with a redefined version of the word, sometimes I’ve been opening up aspects of a word I haven’t lived yet, sometimes realizing how I have in fact been living those words, just not in the energy-based type of experience I perceived that other person to be living out, some other times fine-tuning the meaning of the words in relation to self-support. Overall it has been an enjoyable process of self-discovery and this last word is definitely a key one for me as well.

I’ve seen throughout my life as a woman how there has been this tendency to look at males as a source and embodiment of physical stability, being grounded, being solid and structural that I, defined as a woman, perceive myself to lack, wherein I can many times feel that my expression makes me wobbly and that I might be experiencing ‘waves’ within myself while a male seems to be very solid, at peace, quiet and ‘whole’ in their physical bodies. Now this is also not ‘every male’ to be honest, but some males I’ve seen wherein this is something that I can perceive it in how they act, speak, direct and exist from a moment to moment.

However, here I have to remind myself how all of this that I am describing is in fact coming from me and my own experiences in relation to this perception of someone ‘being physical,’ because! What I’ve also discovered through actually getting to know males specifically – I’ve seen how this can be more of a portrayal of a controlled-expression founded in suppression, wherein any form of ‘expressiveness’ is linked to ‘being feminine’ therefore ‘weak’ and therefore culturally being associated with a ‘lesser’ experience which is the kind of gender-based crap – sorry for the word but it is what it is – that we’ve collectively accepted and allowed, starting with my perception that it is only males that can be fully physical, structural, grounded and that I as a woman cannot ever become that.

Sure, there are structural and multiple-dimensions to a man and a woman that of course create such distinction based on being one or the other – these I cannot change nor ‘rewire’ myself to ‘be like a man’ because that’s not the point here, but I’m looking at how I can integrate the ability to be physical and debunk that perception of stability, being ‘rock solid’ that many times is only a show for others while in fact, in the inside, one can be very anxious or fearful or experiencing anger that creates such ‘solidity’ more coming through as a tension in itself, etc. So, here it is about not validating appearances or how I can ‘present’ myself towards others, but instead how I can take the word and make it a reality, a substantiation process for me.

Being in the physical/being physical is something one hears a lot in this Desteni process where it is about learning to see the relationship that our mind-states have to our physical-bodies and the effect it has upon our body. Therefore part of this process is learning to change the way that we participate in our minds, to be directive in it and stopping the participation in energetic reactions that lead oneself to go into any high or low experience in our bodies.

This is definitely something that I can say to a certain extent I’ve been able to work with, which doesn’t mean that experiences don’t come up at all anymore – they absolutely do, and I have been quite aware of how I can ‘layer’ an energetic imprint into my body over repetition, meaning repeating the same fears or emotions in relation to something or someone over time to the point that they get triggered by a simple thought I may have related to that something or someone I’ve attached all of these fears or reactions to, and voilà, there one has a seemingly overwhelming experience that I have created all the way through my own participation in it.

This is an empowering realization as well because I am no longer perceiving that these energetic experiences swirling in my solar plexus area are just coming by themselves or get triggered out of ‘nowhere,’ nope, we are the creators of it all the way and fortunately here we have the tools and ways to walk through these reactions in order to embrace our physicality which to me means being in the physical body, breathing, not participating in useless thoughts that lead to fears, reactions, expectations, judgments, opinions, and the rest of things that create a separation towards reality, which then causes us to live more ‘in our minds’ than actually embracing and existing as the physicality of our body, standing equal to everyone and everything in our reality. This is much easier said than done of course.

As one gets more in depth into one’s awareness, one can get to see how much we are in fact constantly assessing, judging, constantly having an opinion, a preference about something or someone, how many fears we might be participating on in an underlying manner, how many of our actions are motivated by fears or desires, how much we are constantly living in the past or the future – and the list goes on.

So, I am aware of how this might seem overwhelming at first, but the reality here is that we have the actual choice and ability to decide to continue living as these ‘broken records’ with all of those experiences being detonated within ourselves over and over again or, we decide to learn how to stop participation in them through understanding the root and cause of our experiences, which is in essence one of the foundations of walking this Desteni Process and something I’ve been practicing for nine years now, resulting in a great point of self-support for me to the extent that I sometimes get to forget how anxious, how fearful, how insecure or how ‘all over the place’ I once was, and this is also more easily said than done, because it does take dedication, diligence, patience, practice and perseverance to get to a point of physical stability as well, though it is of course completely worth it.

So that’s the point for me to look at here, physical stability which interestingly enough I can link it to being at peace within myself which comes through a process of ‘sorting out’ and creating solutions to whatever I am experiencing - therefore being physical, being grounded, being rooted, being anchored, being clear-headed when moving in my reality, when making decisions, when interacting with others becomes a reality.

Interestingly enough I’ve been able to improve my ability to ground myself back into the physical in relation to emotions, considering that was one of the ‘biggie’ points in my reality, though I consider I haven’t been as diligent in terms of grounding myself whenever I see that I am ‘elevating’ myself or getting ‘high’ in a particular perceived ‘good’ or positive experience, which interestingly enough I also refrained myself from even opening up because I had considered I didn’t have many of those or was ‘ok’ around that kind of situations. But lately I’ve seen how I can get carried away in moments where I perceive there’s an opening of expression with others and that’s where I’ve usually gone into the comparison – specially with some males – about this whole ‘me the wobbly expressive one’ vs. the sturdy ‘physical’ male, at least as an initial perception.

Here I’d like to focus on being physical and rooting myself whenever I am getting ‘carried away’ in a point of interaction with others and suddenly ‘lose my footing’ which involves getting into an energetic high of sorts, that may come through something as talking too much, being louder, laughing a lot and starting to get a jittery sensation in my body. I’ve explained how any energetic experience is not cool for my body, it’s ‘icky’ and sometimes headaches ensue or any other physical discomfort due to the load of ‘stimulation’ I create for myself, so here I’ll walk some self-supportive self-forgiveness to ground these points for myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to exist in comparison towards males that I have perceived as solid, stable, peaceful, mild-mannered or ‘refined’ even in their behavior wherein I have seen myself being ‘in awe’ towards such expression, perceiving that I cannot be like that because I tend to be more ‘bubbly’ and so feel ‘wobbly’ within myself, which is an energetic experience in me, therefore I realize that in order to be physical, I have to ground myself back to my body whenever I am first reacting to and comparing myself to males specifically that I’ve defined as ‘peaceful, solid, stable’ and ‘physical’ wherein I’ve created a sense of inferiority towards that which I see only exists as an idea, belief and gender-based experience I’ve separated myself from, because I’ve seen for myself how I can in fact be more stable, grounded, solid and peaceful once that I stop participating in any form of judgment, reaction, opinion, expectation, comparison or belief about myself or about others that invariably leads to a polarity-experience within me towards others, which is the actual cause and source of me going into this ‘high’ or instability.

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to live equality towards males that I’ve defined as rock solid, physical, stable, grounded at least from how I perceive them and instead have gone into an inferiority – or in-fear-iority towards them – instead of realizing that I can integrate those words to be lived by myself when in the presence of people that I may perceive as solid, peaceful, stable and physical and being males specifically wherein instead of going into the ‘inferiority’ or perceiving a ‘lack’ within me in relation to how they express themselves, I can remind myself I can live the word physicality as a focus on breathing, on seeing the other person as an equal, on realizing that whatever idea, belief or perception I might create about them being ‘more’ than me exists only as a belief and perception in my mind. It’s not at all about ‘them’ even, but how I’ve programmed myself to react to these words and expressions in separation of myself, therefore

I forgive myself that I haven’t accepted and allowed myself to live the words physicality, solidity, stability, grounded and peaceful within me in all contexts, specifically when being interacting/ face to face with people or males that I can perceive as rock solid, immovable, ‘untouchable’ even and perceiving such state of being is ‘unreachable’ for me, instead of seeing that it is actually very much existent already here within and as myself, as my physical body in every moment of breath that I decide to take on and be aware of, and stop participating in whatever idea, belief or perception I may create towards others.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to separate from the experience I’ve seen in cats and perceiving myself more as the playful dog in awe of the stoic cat – lol – where I have also defined my enjoyment and appreciation for cats based on their firm, slow, quiet, stable, precise expression that I’ve also seen as very much being ‘independent’ and all of these being words that I’ve believed I can’t ‘live’ for and as myself, but instead would usually be drawn to or be attracted to people that I perceived to be this way – where I also have to remind myself to not trust my perceptions or what I may ‘pick up’ in another’s expression, because all of it is coming from myself, my frames of reference, my experiences, my perceptions and in no way does this imply that there is a reality to it – because I cannot really be in someone else’s shoes other than through getting to know them and communicate with another to see who they really are behind their presentation and façade and what they are in fact experiencing.

Therefore I can only focus on myself and living this word as an expression of me wherein I don’t go making assumptions about others or focusing on others’ experiences and then compare who I am in relation to them, but where I can look at practically practicing being physical in moments where I am tending to go into a comparison of being ‘more or less than’ another in a moment, or where I get nervous in the presence of another seemingly being very stable, at ease and peace with themselves and perceiving that I am ‘at loss’ or ‘in fear’ of that, which creates the unsettling nervousness towards another,

Instead I can remind myself that I can live that solidity, that consistency, that stability and grounded expression whenever I allow myself to take one step back in those moments and simply not jump into the ‘train of thought’ but remain grounded, breathing and learn to observe, to hear another’s words, to slow down within myself so that I can in fact stand equal to my body and therefore as everyone else’s physicality that can be present or around me in a particular moment.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to participate in the belief and experience of feeling unnerved when being in the presence of particular males that I’ve defined as stable, solid, grounded and ‘earthed’ ultimately, believing that they are in control in themselves – and I am not – lol which is in fact an interesting thing to do because if I focus entirely on myself, usually who I am before seeing ‘the other person’ as a trigger point I can be quite calm, stable, solid within me and it’s only upon me participating in an assessment of another person and judging them as ‘superior’ due to appearing grounded, physical, stable and at peace within themselves, that I get into an unnerving experience, I start feeling ‘weak’ and clumsy or extra-expressive at times and this is mostly a reaction, again referencing the playful barking all-over-the-place dog that is jumping around the stoic cat that doesn’t seem to flinch at the dog’s expression.

This is all of course still my perception of the cat being ‘less expressive’ or something like that, I cannot really know what their actual experience is, but I take the visual reference for me to realize I can also practice slowing down within me by not going into an ‘assessment’ of the other person or participating in judgments of how I ‘perceive’ them, but instead focus on myself, not on others, on being stable, grounded, calm, at peace within me when interacting with others, and stopping my judgments towards them.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to perceive myself being ‘at loss’ upon facing and interacting with someone that seems stable, physical, present, calm, at peace within themselves to me, which I can simply use as a reminder to precisely take those words back to myself, to live them in equality – not based on ego, not based on ‘suppressing’ myself or putting up a ‘superior’ front anymore – but based on my ability to breathe through the swelling of energies, to be able to stabilize through becoming aware of the totality of my physical body and so focusing on myself and others at a physical level, who we are as equal beings, who we are in our words, stopping the usual ‘reaction’ within me of ‘compensating’ my perception of being unable to be ‘grounded and stable’ by becoming overtly expressive and instead allow me to be observant, to be calm, to slow down within myself, to focus on my breathing to remind myself of the physicality I also am and take things easily.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed to separate myself from the word ‘physicality’ or ‘being physical’ as in being stable, grounded, consistent and defining it as something ‘superior’ to myself, which is only me as the mind perceiving that such words are ‘unreachable’ for me – when in reality they are here already existent in potential within me, I simply have to stop focusing on the ‘superior and inferior’ assessments and focus on the physicality of myself and others in any given moment.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to still unconsciously allow the experience of myself being defined by gender – as in being a woman – and bring through experiences linked to perceiving a male as ‘superior’ to me, wherein I then separate myself from our living-equality and tap into the design, the programming and gender-based roles that we’ve lived for our entire human history.

I realize that this is indeed a set of patterns that have been ingrained beyond my awareness, however now that I am aware of it and I understand where this ‘inequality’ between genders comes from, I can assist myself to integrate and embody the words that I had perceived only ‘males’ could live in a natural manner for themselves – such as physicality, stability, grounded, structural, being at peace which are all words I can integrate and live as myself as well, which in turn will assist me in diffusing this gender-based perception I’ve lived out throughout my entire life without having questioned it to this level and specificity before, due to believing that ‘it’s just how things are set-up’ and not going any further than that.

Now I realize it’s entirely up to us to see what we accept and allow as limitations, as self-definitions and any other form of polarity that a difference in our physical bodies as human beings – being males and females – has contributed to create within ourselves, while in fact I realize I can live those aspects that I’ve seen mostly in males and integrate them within myself at a being level, beyond being a human physical body defined by a gender – without me falling into the trap of wanting to ‘be like a man’ - it’s not the point either - it’s about being a woman that is no longer separate from the potentials and capabilities of men and women to integrate into my life if I see them as supportive aspects or words to embody and live in my life.

For now this is the point I’ll focus on and what’s coming up for me in relation to physicality, but this is by no means the only extent of this word that I’ll be looking at, considering how this is only one aspect, one layer I’m focusing on changing or fine tuning within me, but this word ultimately relates to this whole process from consciousness to life in self-awareness, to living life in the physical, to birthing life in the physical and as one can see it is not as easy as simply ‘stating it,’ but one has to actually go through the ‘deprogramming’ and ‘reprogramming/rewiring’ process through living words and creating new sets of acceptances and allowances to live words that are supportive, that we can develop ourselves further with and in turn this becomes a way to expand in our lives, as life, and continue working on it until it is done.

Check out the series Quantum Mind Self Awareness to learn more about the interrelationship of our minds with our physical body

Thanks for reading
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

550. From Expectations to Self-Grounding

Throughout this process I’ve learned how creating expectations can be a secure trip to get disappointed most of the times, considering how in our minds we tend to ‘elevate’ ourselves in creating these ideals as in ‘perfect or idyllic situations’ about an event or situation that could open up or happen in one’s reality.

What I’ve seen is how we are the only ones that set this trap of expectations to ourselves wherein we accumulate a lot of thoughts, emotions, feelings which are all energy-based building up an experience one can define as an expectation, where one goes into imagining, thinking, considering future potentials and scenarios of how awesome – or how terrible – something can turn out to be and in doing so, one entirely misses out on the physical reality here, where in reality we cannot at all be certain of anything that one is going into a ‘high’ or ‘low’ about in relation to something happening in the future.

I call this a ‘high’ because in my case when it comes to planning the potentials of doing something that I’ve been expecting for a long time can turn into a very exhilarating experience and yes, just as the word sounds ‘exhilarating’ it’s accelerating my pulse and I dive into this ‘rush’ upon considering finally having something happen in my life that I’ve been expecting for some 10 years and that is, yes, seeing one of my favorite bands in a concert.

Now, I could have also minimized this experience and say ‘bah, it’s just a concert, it’s nothing, it’s just something that will pass and that’s it’ – but in this opening to be more self-aware at a physical level, I did notice how upon been more actively engaged in the process of making such potential a reality, I’ve been building up all kinds of future potentials and play outs of the whole situation, or how ‘good it will be to finally see them live’ and I’ll explain what is behind this all.

The reason why I have seen myself go out of my ‘cool-calm and collected self’ about this is because this is one of those ‘dreams’ or ‘desires’ that I created over ten years ago where while listening to their music, every single time I participated in the hope, the dream, the expectation that ‘someday they could come to play here so that I could enjoy that in a live version’ and even making statements – at the time – of ‘I’ll be able to die once that I see this band live’ which are often said in a light manner by many music-fans including myself.

Another layer of this is that it became part of my personality, it became the ‘elusive’ type of situation that at some level became ‘something to look forward to’ in the future, and that I have experienced before in relation to other bands as well, which for context, has a lot to do with the intricate self-definition and experience-relationship I created towards music since I was a little girl, specifically at the age of 7 when my ‘particular tastes’ started developing – greatly based on the access to MTV at the time - which I know many if not most people can relate to while growing up in my generation.

So, this particular band is very much linked to my self-definition and due to how it may seem somewhat underrated or not well known, the expectations of them coming to play to my country were almost null throughout all of these years where I would regularly send emails to their managers to get a gig in Mexico City… and it’s only as of late that something seems to be finally coagulating in that regard and I did notice yesterday how I had built up quite a load of excitement as expectations about it, which was in fact the discharge of all those times throughout these over 10 years of having thought of ‘them coming to play a live show’ and how I would experience this excitement, expectation, yearning and hope ultimately, which are experiences that are of energy, and no matter how one can perceive them as ‘natural’ and ‘nice fluffy experiences’ they are not, I don’t particularly like this ‘rush’ that I’ve created towards the expectation of this happening and how unsettling it is at a physical body level.

Now, of course it is not about ‘them’ or ‘the music’ but entirely about myself and how I have created the layers of expectation over time, the years that I’ve spent desiring for this to finally happen and even creating these ‘statements’ in a semi-joking manner to say ‘I will be able to die peacefully after I see x band play live’ for example… and I forgive myself for having ever said that because of course it would be quite silly to kind of say I’m ready to die just because of seeing a live act, but we don’t fully realize what we are implying with that kind of desires, future projections and conditions we create upon ourselves with and through our words and intentions, which ultimately are things for us to reflect to what extent one can be ‘gone’ in one’s head being in a high experience about such kind of event happening and disregarding the reality that is here, where I cannot really ascertain anything on them coming, I cannot really ‘win or lose’ something with it other than having the opportunity to see them live and that’s it –

I’ve been able to be cool, calm and collected with other bands throughout the years, but due to the exacerbated expectation I placed over time to this one band in particular, I can now experience the physical toll of some hours spent in an active engagement into these potentials and ways in which I could contribute to make it happen.

On one side, sure it’s cool if it can happen and it’s not like I now have to go to the opposite side of the polarity to wish it doesn’t happen or not go at all – it’s about changing my relationship and starting point towards this possible event that I could assist to, and ultimately be able to ground it back to self: not making of this event something ‘more’ than me or something that I have charged a lot of expectation upon, but seeing it for what it is: a different activity on my day to day like going to watch/listen to some live music which is something that lasts a couple of hours and that’s it.

I’ve also seen throughout my life how whatever I place this accumulated expectation on, especially when building it up with all the apparent ‘nice’ and ‘exciting’ possibilities, what ends up happening is that one doesn’t get to experience that at all – therefore a ‘low’ comes as a result – or even if one does get to be excited and exhilarated throughout the concert, then next day becomes ‘shitty’ because there’s no longer that something that one is looking forward to.

This all has to do with conditioning our lives to the experience of an energy within us as a point of stimulation, to make ourselves dependent to ‘get to a particular day’ in the year in order to get to experience that which we have been ‘waiting for’ throughout a long period of time and it’s just like this build up that explodes and one goes into a ‘down’ or ‘depression’ or ‘lack of energy’ afterwards, because all of that build up is no longer sustained through our idea of having something happen in our reality anymore once that it is ‘fulfilled.’

That’s also what becomes a periodical thing to ‘look forward to’ and ‘live our lives for’, and I’ve seen this a lot in the community of people that look forward to concerts as well where LIFE seems to ‘lose its meaning’ after having this major-event happening and unless there is a new band coming or something else to look forward to, everything loses ‘its meaning’ and ‘there’s no sense to live’ which sounds quite shocking really when I place it here in words to see, and having been myself one of those people that would declare such statements at times in the past, I can see how much I was – and have been – making myself subject to these buildups and releases that I end up creating in my body only to keep myself subject to these highs and lows that get the physical into an actual overdrive and strain, because all of these seemingly ‘exciting’ experiences are actually eating up my physical body.

It’s also interesting where some people have identified this adrenaline, this expectation, and exhilaration as ‘being alive’ or being completely human and so making it all a ‘natural’ experience, but it is so that only through the awareness of who we are in our minds and the relationship of energy to our physical body that I’ve learned with and through the Desteni material over the past nine years, I’ve come to see and realize that the – excuse the word but – fucked up body state that one gets into after having these ‘major events’ take place in our lives, leaves us ‘high and dry’ literally, which is why we then look for our next fix – lol sounds like ‘netflix’ isn’t it? – where yes one wants to ‘binge on’ something and once that one ‘craving’ is satisfied, we look at which other band is coming next, or what other fix can we expect out there to arrive to our lives soon.

And this is not living, this is not being directive, this is certainly not the kind of experience I want to recreate within myself, my body because I don’t like being unsettled and having these unnerving experiences that I’ve seen come up more since I got to be more involved in this possibility and for a moment believing that ‘being excited is cool’ because it is not, my body certainly is the proof that it is not and it is quite an unsettling experience that I am quite aware was being detonated as I started participating in this potential moment/event/situation where I could ‘finally’ satisfy this desire that I’ve kept ‘alive’ within me for so many years.

A part of me wants to say ‘this is silly, what’s the point of sharing this, it’s a silly infatuation, there’s no point, it’s irrelevant’ but I know it is relevant for myself and I’m sharing it because this is supportive for me to actually write out this thing that I’ve held mostly in my mind for so many years – and ultimately it can be supportive for others to translate this similar process of creating expectations towards anything in one’s life.

It can be an expectation of vacation/holiday time, which makes you ‘hate’ your job and then simply think you can discharge and let go of the hatred once you are on vacation – meaning keeping yourself in the ultimate polarity of the highs and the lows in energy, which is the whole point to become aware of and stop participating in – or the expectation of one day ‘meeting the man/woman of your dreams’ as the ‘perfect relationship’ and go to bed every night getting excited about it and drive your day to day to wake up just looking forward to that, or getting the job deal that you have been dreaming for your entire life, or getting to travel to your dreamed place, being able to buy something, getting to have or own something that you’ve been desiring for a long time in any form or way - that stuff keeps one locked in this adrenaline, exhilaration, this unnerving experience which is actually not at all cool for the physical body and it’s actually quite draining in nature, considering how we’re now aware of how the mind feeds off from the physical body to exist.

I’ve been definitely seeing the effects of yesterday’s (last Thursday) ‘peak’ as well today (Friday) wherein I’ve experienced this tiredness which is definitely unusual to me, which at the same time is a very clear reference of how I have been ‘draining’ myself through these expectations and ideals I’ve been entertaining in my mind for some 24 hours now in a more active sense, but in total, who knows how much time I’ve spent entertaining these future play outs and potentials….years on.

So, what can I do in my case to stop causing the strain in my physical body? I can stop participating in the imaginations and potential play outs or even planning about something that I am not even certain will take place – therefore rather realizing that if it happens or doesn’t happen, it’s not all in my hands and even if it was, should not define me in who I am in every moment of breath. That means, I have to stop seeing this potential as this ‘marvelous and greatest thing that could happen to me’, because it’s not really, it’s only music, it’s only a live presentation, I’ve seen how I am actually more ‘excited’ beforehand than when it actually is happening where I then see how I kept myself in this ‘high’ beforehand that is almost gone by the time it gets to actually happen and it’s just like craving something and getting it, then forgetting about it type of relationship, which speaks quite a bit about the nature of ourselves as our mind, where we create these highs and lows in our experience and miss out on the actual substance of what one is interacting with and speaking of in reality.

I have to forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to apply this specialness to seeing this particular band live which I can see right now, my eyes just want to shut down and go to sleep because of how I have been on ‘overdrive’ about this and body is taking a toll, which is not cool at all.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have participated in the expectation many times before towards seeing a particular band live wherein I start defining myself in relation to expecting the day where I get to have that experience, defining my reason to wake up as in ‘being one day closer to this event happening’ and ultimately end up creating the ‘climatic’ energetic experience on that day while at the same time securing the eventual ‘crash’ the next day after it actually happens and coming back to reality, which then would become quite a challenge as well because there is no more constant stimulation to ‘keep going’ on a daily basis, unless I would encounter a new ‘something’ to look forward to and put myself back on track on the energetic-bandwagon of ‘looking forward to’ something.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be ‘looking forward’ to have something happen in my life that I’ve charged and built up with a substantial amount of expectations upon, as something I’ve been wishing for over a decade now, wherein I am justifying that ‘I have the right to be excited and ‘on a high’ about it’ when in fact, I am aware that this is only me as the mind and the ‘me’ that existed over ten years ago speaking, wherein I’ve also continued feeding this desire, instead of simply focusing on my day to day as usual and when and if the time and opportunity comes to assist to such concert, be able to enjoy it in the moment, not before or after but while it is taking place in reality.

Here then I can change my relationship to ‘looking forward to it’ into a ‘looking at it’ in the moment, when it’s happening and as it takes place, where even the possibility of it taking place or not doesn’t define me or where I do not become subject to a ‘high’ or a ‘low’ experience in relation to it.

An update on this point today Sunday on my side, after having been to a failed concert situation, this blog written prior to leaving to this ‘failed concert’ situation was quite supportive to be grounded and not create a low or a high about going to the concert and seeing it not taking place at all, which is a completely unusual situation to me but, I did notice that after having written out this whole blog, I became quite settled about the expectations towards concerts and I’ve been also more grounded about the potential outflows where I simply cannot be certain or ‘take for granted’ something, or even create a potential idea of ‘how it will go’ based on ideas, perceptions, future projections in my mind, but instead stick to reality on a moment by moment basis.

So, once again self-writing became a pillar of support for myself throughout the day yesterday and here I share the whole story in my vlog for further context: Adapting to Unfortunate Events - Decade With Desteniwhich in this case is related to this concert situation, but can be about virtually anything related to building up a positive or negative experience as an expectation of something happening and then having the opposite happen and how to ‘deal’ with those experiences, as well as this is part of what I walk through a threshold of seeing all of this too ‘irrelevant’ to share but, I saw how much of a hold this whole point had on me before writing it out, so here it is, sharing self-support.

Thanks for reading.

To understand more about the relationship of the energy in our physical body, check out the series: Quantum Mind Self Awareness at Eqafe.com
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

551. Walking Through What Wasn’t Done in the Past

Something I got to see and realize today is how I have tended to look at the past and what ‘I didn’t get to do’ within a particular experience of regret or pondering ‘what could have been,’ which created certain outflows that I had deemed to be ‘manifested consequences’ considering that this is about something that I had the time and opportunity to do and walk in a particular timeframe a few years ago and I didn’t get to do so, mostly out of preferring to not go through the process it entailed and considering that I would not require to get it done at the time within my life choices and where I saw myself in the future a few years ago.

However, that was ‘then’ and now it’s a different story where I’ll be looking at walking through that process I ‘left off’ some years ago considering some potentials in the future and within walking a chat with my Desteni I Process Buddy, I realized how I was seeing it as this ‘left off’ process that I was labeling as a manifested consequence and therefore in a way seeing it as something I was partly ashamed of for not walking through it at the time that I could have done it.

I was able to realize how sometimes there are multiple factors that were present at the time that led me to take that decision and who I was at the time, and how now I’m not the same and the context is not the same at the time as it was ‘back then’ and in essence being able to embrace what’s here, what’s required to do without going into any form of guilt or regret about it, because it is so that having made such decision at the time, could have changed my life direction back then.

The realization I had was that many times we regret having ‘lost time’ in not doing something or not directing ourselves in a particular way in the past, but it is definitely so that being lamenting ourselves about our past is not something supportive at all, because there’s nothing to be done about it and carrying it around like a heavy stone is also pointless. I can only focus on what’s here, what I can work with currently and direct myself accordingly.

It was very relevant for me to see this because sometimes I do have the tendency to get ‘hung up’ on the past and in doing so, frame particular decisions as ‘bad decisions’ or ‘wasted time’ but it is so that at the time my priorities were different, my plans were different and at the time I saw no need for it, which has changed at the moment and it’s a cool thing to finally get to do, considering I see it as convenient.

Here also considering the notion of ‘having wasted time’ because I am aware I didn’t ‘waste my time’ back then, simply my priorities and focus was set on a different direction and that’s it, it’s no better or worse – life changes, priorities change, directions change and so I rather adapt accordingly to make the changes, processes and decisions that are needed for it.

It is also supportive in stopping seeing things in a very ‘black and white’ manner as in judging my decision back then, instead of realizing that now it’s a different timeframe, context, possible paths to walk for me where walking a particular process becomes relevant, but it wasn’t so before – and that’s it.

Therefore I share this also as a way to consider those things we left off, didn’t get to complete or do for a particular reason at the time, and there being a moment where the point is ‘here’ again and becomes relevant again, where it’s kind of pointless to lament oneself in relation to something that is ‘gone’ and ‘done’ in the past – it’s definitely much healthier to consider one’s current context and do what’s needed to do, without adding any layer of guilt, regret, remorse, ‘I should haves’ and lamenting oneself about it – because it is so that we change, our life and potential paths change, so I better adapt to the currents in the moment than holding on to a past, while also considering there is a future process to walk as well.

So I can keep in mind how we cannot hold ourselves captive to ‘who we were’ in the past and our decisions ‘back then’ because, if we are seeing things differently now than before it is an indication of how we’ve changed In how we are seeing things now, how as time progress we do have a different context than before within ourselves and in our external reality – so it becomes a bit futile to see our decisions isolated from these internal and external variables, because it usually only leads to seeing things through the mind, through opinions and drowning oneself in emotions ultimately, which is not needed once that one is here in the present moment realizing something that we have to do and simply proceed to do it, no need to give it adjectives or to bash ourselves for ‘what once was’ or ‘wasn’t’ – what we have is ourselves here so, why not simply act on it in the moment and give ourselves a blank slate to get our things done, it’s entirely up to us.

Thanks for reading.
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

552. Who Am I as a Savior?

There’s been a pattern I’ve lived within my relationships of wanting to save the other person, in a way deliberately selecting a particular partner that I can see as a ‘rough stone’ that I can carve and sculpt for them to become the ‘better person’ I believe they can be. Now in relation to the starting point of an Agreement – which are the relationships established within a mutual self-supportive platform within the Desteni principles – it is to exist already within the self-commitment to support oneself, so that a relationship doesn’t become a co-dependence and lack of self-support where the other partner stands as that support for another, to complete another, to be the support that another is not willing to give to themselves.

Now in my case even if there has been the understanding of these principles in a relationship, I’ve seen how I have placed myself in the position of wanting to help, save or assist another that might not have been entirely serious or fully understanding what this self-agreement is all about, which creates a point of compromise for it in the sense that the agreement can only work if both individuals are first living a self-agreement, a commitment for self-support and when this is not so, what happens is that there is an inequality that eventually catches up in the nature of the relationship, where one is living such self-agreement or focusing too much on ‘supporting another’ and neglecting one’s own process, who one is in the relationship, which is what has happened in my case.

So in the context of an agreement, it is by default understood that we are supposed to want to see a change not only of our partner but of both in the relationship considering that’s the foundation of it, to become better, to expand, to create ourselves into people that can be best for all essentially. However if this starting point is not entirely existing in one or both of the partners, then an agreement cannot simply exist.

So, the point of accepting another ‘as they are’ is compromising within the context of an agreement where yes there is an initial acceptance of who one is, but of course what comes next is the process of change from that into something better, otherwise the purpose and starting point of the agreement/relationship is useless and that’s where an assessment comes in relation to how valid or supportive it is to continue a relationship that is not leading to a self-supportive outcome for each in the relationship.

I have often fallen into the trap of wanting to change another based on my association with them and having too much of a ‘drag’ within my life because of being in a relationship with someone that is mostly considered as conflictive, troublesome person, a ‘rebel’ type of person and this was quite a while ago in my life, which is where I started this pattern of wanting to be ‘the point of change’ or ‘change catalyst’ in a person’s life, considering I could see who they could be if they could change certain aspects of themselves, but this of course became me enforcing change upon them, them not having any intent to change and so breaking up, which was the most obvious form of control that was reflecting back to myself my choices, which is something I just didn’t look at, what are my choices in relationships reflecting about myself, what am I accepting and allowing within diminishing myself in a conflictive situation? And the bottom line as well is a sense of inferiority where I considered before that I could change another and make them ‘best for me and the relationship’ and in a way also saw myself as ‘not good enough’ for someone that was more stable, grounded and already living self-support in a way. Therefore I can only see that my choices were made through my mind’s perspective of ‘liking challenges’ and kind of proving to myself and others how I could be the one that ‘changes them for the best’ – of course, failing every single time at it because my starting point in it all was flawed, and was already from ‘giving a chance’ to another, which means inequality from the starting point of the relationship.

So in order to calm down those anxieties around ‘what other people might think of me’ I would put extra effort in trying to change them so that I could then appear as the good influence over them, though it is definitely so that when you are in a relationship even more so living together, it is not easy to try and ‘push someone’ to support themselves, it usually backfires and the whole starting point of having to ‘push’ or ‘wanting another to change’ already denotes a necessity in me and also a lack of self-commitment to support themselves in the other person, so that’s another flaw in the context of an agreement.

The hardest point to look at is what my choices and my ways towards them reflected about myself, and that is also because of considering that there is some kind of nobility or ‘further effort’ in sculpting, molding, changing a person to become who I wanted them to become, and so kind of see myself reflected on them and who they would become, and I wasn’t realizing that in doing this, it was a way to create a co-dependence that is not at all supportive where another is ‘changing’ because of ‘me and the relationship’ and not for themselves, which of course ends up being a very enslaving situation and not best for both in the relationship.

So I had to see how I was diminishing myself in my choices considering who I am, what I’ve walked, what I’ve realized about myself and the potential that I am working on, which is something I have to take into consideration whenever assessing an agreement, and discard completely my previous starting point of perceiving I could walk this ‘noble path’ to support another and ‘change them’ and create a relationship based on such change. It could be so if both are entirely geared in a self-agreement of self-support, but if not, it’s quite impossible to get to any supportive outcome where one becomes the ‘cane’ for another to walk with, it’s just inequality and therefore, not supportive for either in the relationship.

The dynamics resulting from standing in this position of ‘being the one that supports the partner’ for the most part is a relationship of control, where I became at times a bit paranoid on how the other was doing and asking questions constantly to see ‘where they’re at’ constantly– meaning the starting point of it was of fear already, fearing that they are already building up some kind of consequence within themselves or towards others – and this becomes a point of fear manifested as ‘control’ in relation to me wanting to see a ‘change’ in another and constantly being ‘checking’ how that is going and progressing.

So it is so that one starts focusing more on ‘the other person’ and kind of handling, managing, controlling potential outflows of them not acting in a self-supportive manner, rather than being in a situation where both partners are entirely self-responsible, supporting themselves, sharing with one another to expand and create a platform of self-support in the relationship, without having to be fearing about each other’s life, outcomes or possible ‘falls’ because one would know each one can stand up for themselves. But when there is a situation where there is a clear inequality in that self-commitment, it becomes an unsustainable relationship, where in my case I would become quite angry the moment another would show/demonstrate no change in certain aspects and then having to compromise myself on those aspects, create a leeway, let go of ‘my control’ and give space to expand and change at their pace, but it also results in an ultimate question of ‘when is enough enough?’ which is a very pertinent point to look at so that we can give a leeway for self-change at another’s pace, though also considering it doesn’t become a constant paranoia, desire, hope that is endlessly elongated, becoming a situation that is only tolerated, which is of course not cool at all in an agreement.

What I have realized about myself in choosing a partner that I could change or save is that I was trying to prove that I could change another, that our relationship could be supportive to the extent of them finally having something that they desired – for example a supportive environment, a supportive partner, someone that can know about their life and still accept them, so to me it was a way to ‘do onto others what I wanted to be done unto’ as well, considering that I perceived myself as not good enough, not appreciating and regarding myself sufficiently in my past, so a part of that would still come through when it comes to choosing a partner that in a way I could see as ‘inferior’ in the sense of not yet been entirely ‘self supportive,’ so that I could implement a point of control in the sense of having them do and be the way I want them to be and create a point of security around that. Though I’ve actually realized how this becomes a very unhealthy relationship because the other person is entirely there ‘just for you’ and aren’t really focusing on who they want to be for and as themselves and are only existing ‘for you and the relationship,’ which makes one feel like their entire life now depends on you, and that’s certainly not a ‘weight’ one would like to carry on with for a lifetime.

I was willing to do that for a while but throughout my repeated experiences within this same pattern, I’ve finally realized that I have to step up within my choices and realize that I can be in a relationship that is more equally supportive and where I can be challenged not in the sense of ‘me changing another’ but more in the sense of me pushing myself to be better, to adapt, to learn from another that is also supporting themselves. And I mean I could do this also to a certain extent in those previous savior-relationship contexts, but not to the extent I realize it can be possible when being with someone that is fully grounded in walking this process for themselves.

The ultimate question is: when is enough enough? And drawing the line when one has given sufficient time for them to support themselves in walking through particular patterns or points they are having to work with in their lives, and I here could consider it as a healthy situation to make it part of the initial settlement of the agreement to ‘review’ the agreement on a periodical basis, maybe each year where both know exactly which points are to be changed/worked on individually and together and be aware that there is such thing as a timeframe to work on these points and that the agreement is not a ‘set point’ as a marriage where you’re supposed to just go with the flow in it and ‘accept’ another person the way there is, because in an agreement there is such thing as an expectation of change, individually and together in the partnership. So, it is very much like a business you know? Where it is based on practical living, on living paths, plans and considerations, on how healthy and supportive the communication is, the interactions, the overall development of both as a partner in their environment – and according to that, it can be assessed that if after one year of setting certain points to change within oneself there’s no improvement, both can decide how much longer it is needed, or when is enough enough.

In my case there have been always very determining factors that had led me to say ok up to here where I see the obvious codependency and the other person entirely defining themselves according to a relationship, a neediness of sorts which is not a statement of self-independence in self-support and in my case it also involves letting go of the idea of having someone I can completely ‘mold’ according to my taste and requirement and make them depend on me to exist on, because that’s not healthy at all, that’s not self-supportive and this is where the point of applying Tough Love comes in, where it is best to end an ‘agreement’ that has become a relationship, where fear of loss of one another exists, where there’s a self-diminishment in one’s lives and potential, and where it becomes too much of a comfort zone when it comes to one or both in the relationship focusing too much on ‘the other one’ instead of on oneself and ultimately that’s the kind of set-up where one knows that ‘something is just not right’ and continuing it out of tradition, compromise or dependence will only lead to further self-compromise and self-diminishment, so I am definitely now aware of how it is most supportive to have a clear communication with both in the relationship around this point and be willing to stand in the position of letting go, ending a relationship when it is clearly not supportive for both any longer.

Now, this is nothing personal, I mean I am recognizing my decisions, my choices, what they reflected about me, the patterns I’ve played out in all of my relationships up to now – to varying degrees – and this is what self-honesty is about where we have to be willing to see those patterns within ourselves and others to see who we’ve become as our minds, as our habits and acceptances that we can then decide to work on and change within ourselves. Therefore this is not an intended ‘bashing’ of sorts towards anyone because I am sure that once that one is able to give a step back and recognize the patterns within oneself, one can see one’s truth when stepping into self-honesty, which is something that is also possible when a person decides to do so upon facing consequences – most of the times. And I’ve been able to see this in my last experience related to this where we were both able to see and recognize the points that each one lived or didn’t get to live and be humble enough to accept the facts, which are all based on actions, words, deeds, reality based aspects that we cannot deny or blame anyone else for, and that’s where one gets to a solid point of self-stability in relation to it in order to accept the outcome of something that wasn’t being supportive and functional anymore, and that’s the moment where it’s best to let go of it.

So what I would do in a future establishment of an agreement or a supportive relationship is first of all be very practical, assess where the other person is and this time definitely give myself the ability to choose and decide what would be most beneficial for me and for the other person depending on life paths, plans, points of self-development not only at an internal level but also interpersonal or in relation to activities in the world out there, and definitely getting to be aware that the person is genuinely supporting themselves where I won’t conform with having an intent of self-support in another but rather having a consistent proof of that through one’s everyday living. And in relation to myself, I will also have to let go of my surreptitious desires, wants and needs based on having someone with me that is more of a ‘supportive’ role than an active co-creator in a relationship. My definition of wanting to be challenged is no longer going to be in the sense of being challenged by/through relationships with people that I’ve defined as ‘challenging’ as having more ‘difficult patterns’ than other people and stop pretending that ‘I can change them for the best’ because as long as that intent is not there within themselves, it just won’t work.

The bottom line is, remembering that an Agreement as established and defined within the Desteni Principles is about SELF-Agreement, not about ‘the relationship’ or ‘the other person,’ it’s always about who one is and what one accepts and allow within a relationship, which means that at all times, whatever I accept and allow to exist within me towards another in a relationship or what I accept and allow to coexist with Is what I have to take responsibility for, as well as reminding myself that I can always have the ability to practically assess what is functional and when something ceases to be functional in self-honesty – no fear of loss, not keeping a relationship based on ‘everyone else’s expectations’ or my own ‘hopes’ around it, but be self-honest according to what the results are on practical reality on a day to day basis.

Ultimately, not to forget that it is me/myself/I that I will live with for the rest of my life anyways, so this is to not forget myself in the picture of a relationship-entity in separation of myself, but always realize that I am the one that determines my outcome and creation within a relationship, and that I have to be the one that is self-honest and self-checking to ensure self-compromise is not being allowed – and if it creeps up, to open it up and correct it within oneself, because ultimately who we are going to live with is ourselves and in our creation as an outflow of our choices and decisions, so what a better way to ensure that this is an effective outcome other than practically assessing what’s self-supportive for oneself and so others as well, always considering the potential, the process of change, being gentle and flexible yet practically assessing the continuity to this self-process within me and so within the context of a partnership or relationship.

That’s where I have to focus on myself, where I see I can best support myself, where I see there is more potential in the co-creation process with another in a relationship instead of placing myself from the beginning as the ‘supporter’ or ‘helper’ or ‘guiding light’ for another to get to a point of basic self-support, which at least for me, my position, my process, my life, what I’ve walked and done for myself, I am now deciding to recognize all of this as myself, who I am, my creation so that I no longer see myself through the eyes of ‘who I was in the past’ in the perception of being this ‘inferior’ person that would latch on to anyone that showed some appreciation back, but stand as who I currently am in my disposition to further develop myself, further challenge myself in conjunction with someone that is also visibly and practically challenging and pushing themselves to be better every day – and yes, I’ve heard it many times from people around me ‘Oh you’re asking too much, people are just not wired to be like that!’ but it is not so, I was once ‘the lost one’ that was existing in self-deprecation looking for a relationship to be saved as well, only to then turn into that myself once that I started ‘getting out of my own hole’ and that’s precisely what I have to stop perpetrating, inequality in a relationship and instead, create and establish self-supportive agreements where 1+1 = 2, nothing more and nothing less than that.

Thanks for reading

Check out our hangout on this topic with Maite and Matti

Trying to Save or Change your Partner? - Relationship Success Support
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

553. Impulsiveness and Slowing Down

Here I’ll share a bit further on a vlog I recorded about a situation that I created and participated on, and share more on how when we are caught up in an experience that is perceived as ‘positive’ and getting excited about something, that is where I see I can also easily lose track of common sense and get ‘carried away’ by the moment, and how this caused consequences for others and also myself but in a way I could not see these because of only looking at the event and situation through the eyes of ‘excitement.’

Now, the reason why it’s relevant to open it up is because in my life and process within walking with Desteni, I had focused a lot more on all the ‘negative’ or ‘emotional’ aspects in my life and so I have not focused enough in how I have also allowed myself to be ‘carried away’ through feelings such as excitement and expectation towards something in the future. I have walked the point of expectation quite recently, but now what is still there to look at is the excitement in itself and how this experience can be equally blinding in my experience as ‘anger’ would for example, and the reason why I have not questioned it as much is because of perceiving it as a ‘good thing,’ but! I have now proven that I can be completely carried away by a positive experience and not considering my thoughts, words and deeds in a common sensical and ‘cold-headed’ manner, meaning, not in the ‘heat of the moment’ which I bet we all can relate to when we are impulsive and do things because the moment is just ‘kind of here’ and everything is just ‘there’ for us to indulge into it or participate in something that sounds enjoyable, good, exciting – yet we don’t really take a moment to stabilize ourselves and look at the outflows and consequences of doing so.

Getting to know myself in this state of being is definitely a necessary process for me as well, considering how I’ve noticed at a physical level how over an extended period of time of building this apparently ‘nice experience’, my body gets drained and I feel quite affected by it after a while which proves the point of how any energy is actually consequential, no matter how we see it, perceive it or define it as either positive or negative. And here’s where I can stabilize myself in relation to moments and things I could perceive as ‘exciting’ in general, which I’ve seen is more related to how I approach the whole point or situation, because it’s not really about the ‘thing’ in itself, but how I react to it within a positive experience wherein I get too ‘caught up’ into the moment that I lose track of myself, my stability, my ground.

I’ve noticed this happening in conversations as well where as I’ve shared before, I can get ‘too intense’ and not hear what others are saying but be in this sort of high that comes almost in a stressful manner around others – especially when getting ‘in depth’ in conversations or meeting people for the first time where there’s this initial kind of jittery sensation or nervousness that I have to then stabilize myself through while I go in the conversation, which comes in the shape of deliberately focusing on breathing, taking more pauses and realizing ‘there’s no rush,’ there’s time and this has been going better with practice.

However when it comes to ‘being impulsive’ that’s the actual point to decode here where I have to make sure that while I notice I am getting excited about something – especially if it is in the context of ‘getting good news’ and having something ‘happen’ that I’ve been waiting for a long time – I have to make sure that I can stabilize and ground myself in my own two feet and think/consider things with a cold head, where I can yes be ‘excited’ about something as in realizing the possibility or certainty of something being done or happening that I am aware I can enjoy myself in, however to not make any further moves, decisions, actions within such feeling experience of excitement leading to an ‘impulsiveness’ that might generate further consequences not only for myself but for others as well.

What is funny is that to me it’s clearer why I should not make decisions while being in an emotional state, but somehow I kind of ‘threw out the window’ the realization that I also have to be careful of not making decisions while being in a ‘feeling’ state at the same time, hence the ‘impulsiveness’ that comes as a mixture of excitement, a rush and ‘heat of the moment’ to do something that I am not perfectly considering in all contexts and potential scenarios.

impulsive

n adjective

1 acting or done without forethought.

So, if I look at it this way, this ‘forethought’ can be moment to first breathe myself back into my physical body where I am not taking for granted the experience of a ‘high’ I can be experiencing in the moment, but instead make sure I can ground myself until I am the regular stable-self I am aware I can be, where I can start looking at or ‘thinking’ about the situation with a cold head and without going into an ideal of ‘how awesome something will be’ because that’s entirely only existent in my mind based on the memories I have of similar situations in my past and that’s all the reference I am re-enacting: me experiencing certain energy within a similar context, which means it doesn’t mean that this is ‘who I will have to be’ in that context this time around, because, I’m certainly not the same as before. So this is to stabilize myself as the excitement that is emerging, which is more of a consequence of me having fed this ‘excitement’ about this event possibly taking place after a long time of me being ‘waiting for it’ to happen and yes, simply seeing it for what it is: it’s really not a big deal.

The point of acceptance and allowance of a ‘high’ with this experience is what I have to be aware and careful of because it is amazing how much I can lose sight of when being in this ‘high’ and in this sense, I can also see the potential of who I could be in those same situations if I decide to get off ‘cloud nine’ and back to physical stability.

This is the way wherein I can make sure that whatever I do and act upon is not ‘distorted’ according to this energetic high as excitement wherein I become ‘impulsive’ and not really giving a thorough consideration to who I am in those moments. Now, I also have to create an equilibrium because I’ve also been there in the past within over-analyzing things and generally then preventing myself from expressing enjoyment due to thinking that ‘enjoying’ something is ‘bad’ or ‘of energy’ only and therefore I should not indulge, when in fact enjoyment can become a directive expression in a moment, as the situation is ‘here’ and taking place, but certainly no point in doing so before it’s even ‘here.’

Here’s where the fine line must be drawn wherein I can see that one can genuinely enjoy something, and not have a ‘high’ experience as in energetic-experience within one’s body – and this enjoyment is more of a presence-fulfillment rather than this energy high where our pupils dilate and our heart beats faster and one gets jittery and nervous inside, but instead there’s like this all encompassing fulfilling experience that can be here as an expression at any moment if we decide to create it, but is not subject to something ‘detonating’ it necessarily.

At the same time here it’s also to see that certainly some events, situations or contexts we might find ourselves in can trigger these reactions, where I have to simply establish self-awareness at a physical level to ensure I am not ‘losing my ground’ or ‘losing my head’ and instead make sure that I’m here, grounded, stable and most importantly not causing a strain on my physical body because it Is almost an invariable thing that after a few hours of me participating in this ‘energy high,’ I get to feel drained and sometimes get a headache, sometimes get gastritis as well because of course no ‘energy’ is really positive, it is only a way in which we categorize it in our minds but all in all both positive and negative energies are consequential for our physical bodies and this can be understood through walking the Quantum Mind Self Awareness series.

I consider I have been processing quite a bit this impulsiveness in me and it can manifest even in a split second where I think I can do something and get into a split second of risk as well, like crossing a street while cars are coming where I trust that I can run and save myself from being ran over but, is it really worth it to live this impulsiveness just to ‘save some few seconds’ of time to cross a street? No, and I can definitely see this split second of impulsiveness becomes an ‘over-drive’ in my body at the same time where I feel quite ‘energetic’ in a way or very ‘agile’ but the actual ‘drive’ and ‘fuel’ behind that is coming from an energetic source that ultimately has its origin in a fear, in a desire or a want at a mind level where I can lead me to do tenacious things out of ‘impulse’ and have grave consequences. So, I have to be more ‘down to earth’ in relation to this and clear-headed to not make decisions while in this ‘excitement rush’ or ‘impulsive rush’ but rather walk – both figuratively and literally – in a pace where I know I am settled and grounded and won’t try to get ahead of myself.

With doing this, I can prevent consequences, I can prevent outflows that I could have missed in the heat of the moment and in rushing a situation, and that’s definitely what I want to do for myself, where no matter ‘what’ is going on even if it’s quite a cool situation I can be in, there is no high, because the experience at a mind level can feel ‘good’ but at a physical level, it sucks, it takes a toll on the physical body so here I commit myself to develop self-awareness in the midst of these ‘positive times’ and moments where I can learn to enjoy myself without going into a high and where I can remain stable and ‘cold headed’ and not lose my ground.

Thanks for reading.
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

Reverse Engineering Inner Conflict

Or how to walk through a point of anger or blame and see through it towards self-responsibility in one’s life creation

As I was organizing some files and doing a general cleanup in my computer, I saw some documents that I had written out over a year and a half ago where, there was this experience of being ‘stagnant’ and ‘stuck’ somehow in a point of creation in my life. What I find interesting is how upon reading it, it reminded me a bit to a conversation I had a few days ago with someone that was having a similar experience to the one I wrote out at the time.

In the document I wrote for myself, what I closed it off with was simply to remain standing, to keep breathing, keep walking and not seek for ‘ways to hide away’ from my experience. So even if I didn’t have a clear idea of ‘where to start’ getting untangled in my experience, there were basic aspects of self-discipline and consistency to keep myself going and walking regardless of this overall sensation of stagnation or a temporary experience of ‘losing my ground.’

Now that I can look back at the time, I can see how I created such stagnation with certain decisions and points of creation in my life that at the same time now that I walked through them and saw what I was initially ‘aiming’ at with them, I can now stand up from it, learn from it and take the essence of that period in my life and share the ‘ways to walk through it’ for others that might find themselves also in a temporary experience of ‘being lost’ or ‘feeling without a way through’ which is something I’ve been quite familiar with in the past and I have to remain humble and remind myself of having walked through these situations as well, which at the same time enables me to be patient, considerate, humble and flexible with whoever is experiencing something similar in their lives.

What I can now realize is how the experience of stagnation didn’t really ‘go away’ by itself, it was an actual decision to get to be truly self-honest about myself and my experience and make decisions that could create a distinctive change in my reality and therefore in who I am as my choices and decisions. What do I mean with this?

Many times we like to blame anything and everyone we can for ‘the way we feel’ or ‘how we are doing in our lives’ – I’ve been there and done that in terms of blaming money, the system, the place I live in, I’ve blamed the perceived ‘lack’ of something, blaming the people I would share a house with, blaming other people’s ideals and desires towards my life, blaming my decisions, blaming my partner, blaming the past… and the list could go on and on. But it is quite interesting that whenever we are experiencing this ‘stagnation’ or feeling ‘stuck’ we don’t dare to really investigate on the things we actually are aware are the point of self-compromise in our lives. We know it because we are the ones within our own minds, bodies, life on a daily basis, yet we like to look away and always look towards ‘the outside’ as ‘the point’ to change or to blame or to see as the solution.

What went on in my case is actually walk through a point of creation until its ultimate consequence, and by that I’ve also learned to not see it as a ‘wrong decision’ or ‘mistake’ but more like a point of creation that could not stand the test of time, which proves that there were some ego points, energy points that I had to walk through and test out to see for myself what is essentially ‘of life’ and can stand the test of time as my creation, and what was ‘of the mind’ as a point of creation that led me inevitably to an experience of stagnation, of ‘not moving forward’, not expanding and what’s even most frightening is that in the writing I explain how ‘Well, it’s my point of creation and I have to stick with it’ but I did not consider changing it or challenging my decision, choice and point of creation, but more like ‘I’ve made my bed, I’ll lie in it’ type of situation where yes, I agree on the aspect of taking responsibility for one’s creation but at the same time to not be rigid or limited in believing that I cannot change my decision, that I cannot stop a point of creation and expand to another or that I have to ‘marry’ a particular line of creation and stick with it forevermore.

I found it quite interesting how there is a sense of ‘resignation’ that comes along with ‘sacrifice’ as self-victimization in reality, where I believed that I had to ‘walk this path’ and there was ‘no other way’ but to now stick with it because: I created it, I chose it, so I walk through it all, which I essentially did until a point of consequence as an unsustainable outcome came to create an end to that point of creation.

But I did question as well how much I was willing to give a continuation to my own acceptance and allowance of an experience within me that I knew perfectly well what it was linked to, but still, I didn’t challenge myself, my ego, my desires, my self-interest enough to actually see the point that was ‘bugging’ me and was right in front of me all the time – and what happens then is that this experience of dissatisfaction, stagnation, a general ‘stuckness’ in one’s life can become like a constant anger or resentment towards anything and anyone or ‘life’ itself – instead of actually having the guts to look back entirely back at ourselves to see how it is our own self-interest, our own ego, our own fears, desires, personalities or ‘woman in the red dress’ matrix style keeps us from actually being self-honest and so daring to reverse-engineer our experience and trace it back entirely to where we made certain choices, decisions within a starting point of ego, compromise, desires, seeking a particular experience or point of ‘fulfillment’ in separation of oneself and what do we get according to the input-output? Dissatisfaction, separation, losing one’s ground, loss of ‘identity,’ losing track, believing there’s ‘no point’ in anything in this life… but is it really so or are we only creating an emotional experience to not have to actually face and confront the nature of the decisions, the choices, the paths we’ve decided to walk?

Self-honesty is always a punch in the guts if you will, at times it is the least pleasant thing to do, yet it is also a momentary experience because once that you dare to do it and walk through it and stand your ground when it comes to sticking to one’s living principles, one may walk through a temporary storm and it might seem hard and arduous or never ending – but there will be a way through if we actually remain self-honest in making decisions, choices and actions that reflect the principles that are best for life, one’s life and that of others – and this is not determined by anything else other than action, reaction – input and output.

So, here it is a personal reminder of how whenever I get to experience myself ‘stuck’ or in a point of ‘stagnation’ in one way or another, I have to ‘reverse-engineer’ my experience and Dare to see that which I in fact know is the point of compromise, where I am not wanting to ‘let go’ of something that I am aware is compromising so that within that, I can prevent myself from veering and going towards ‘blame’ and ‘anger’ towards anything and everyone in the world, which can manifest as any form of giving up, seeing no point in continuing walking this life and process, losing one’s ground or seeking a form of validation and reasons to ‘keep going’ from others, which is an equal point of compromise because it is only self that can decide to stand up, clean up one’s act, straighten up one’s decisions and then see what happens when one does that.

All I can say is that, we determine the magnitude of our consequences, we determine how ‘far’ we allow something to continue going within ourselves without a direction towards change in self-honesty. Therefore, whenever blame comes, whenever anger comes what do we know? We are actually angry at ourselves for not doing what we deeply – or sometimes ‘on our face’ – know and are aware is our point of self-compromise, and the more we don’t change it, the more the emotional experience increases, because deep inside ourselves we know we could change things, we know we could make different choices, we know we could be standing in a different position than the self-compromising one we’ve taken – so this will all last as long as our ego lasts in any form or way. And with this, it’s not to see it as a very damning process either, because how else would we know which points we are still being ‘held by’ in ourselves, by who we are as our mind/ego if we didn’t have the direct reflection of our choices, our thoughts, our words and deeds as the experiences that we create towards ourselves – and others – as a result of our self-dishonesty.

A fitting saying is ‘we do it to ourselves’ really, and so that’s how we are always the problem and at the same time the solution. My suggestion is to not get completely blinded by the experience, because ultimately it is a way for us to hide from our responsibility, from our self-honesty – but to rather face it and confront it, as Sunette said in her vlog ‘take the bull by the balls’ really because it does take guts to stand in that place/point or position that one may have wanted to ‘hold on to’ but that at the same time, might be the one point that was keeping a hold to one’s expansion and development in one’s process – only we can know what such point is and all I can suggest is being courageous to see for ourselves what it is and do what is necessary to align oneself back on track to the path of living and expanding in self-honesty.

Thanks for reading
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

555. Opinions and Self-Aware Assessments

"Opinions are always ego and are never aware of what is life really

opinions can only exist in the mirror as ego" – Bernard Poolman

Here I’m having a look at how I become complicit to building the ego in our minds by giving worth, value and ‘the time of day’ to opinions and building an experience of ‘fearing’ certain opinions coming ‘from others’ in my life.

Now this is one of those things that it’s best to truly debunk and lay it out on ‘paper’ so to speak, because I’ve found myself still giving too much space – too much acceptance and allowance – to hypothetical opinions that I believe others may have about my life and my choices, decisions and fearing that there is something that I might ‘lose’ about myself through those opinions – like credibility, self-respect, honor – but is it really so?

Considering that an opinion is always coming from one’s own mind and experience in it, how can I base words or aspects - that I have to live in reality for and as myself -on others giving those attributes ‘to me’ through having a good or bad opinion about myself? It is the same as in believing that one is being truly free while living in fear of something and that’s impossible – same paradox with one believing that it is someone else that must ‘give credit’ to what one is or ‘validate’ who we are at their eyes.

What I’ve missed is how opinions as the building blocks of our minds/ego perpetuate and regenerate the same deception that we all collectively accept and allow through giving it ‘power’ through validation, giving it worth, giving a space into defining ourselves and ‘who we are’ through them.

So, is it really about ‘others’ opinions’ here that I am talking about? Or is it about the collectively and socially accepted opinions that I am in fact future-projecting as a potential outflow that I believe is ‘coming at me’ but in fact, is all entirely self-created – accepted and allow - within my own mind?

There’s in fact both actually, one is based on predicting the ‘usual patterns’ that may come through in the form of opinions from other people in my life – which is as predictable as I’ve seen it repeat over and over again in relation to everyone else’s life, due to it being a mind pattern and so that’s what patterns reveal: they repeat, they become predictable; and the other is in fact based on me building my own seemingly ‘innocent’ way of assessing someone’s life and consequences, where I have to be entirely honest with myself to see that as much as I believed I was being careful of not jumping into conclusions about something or someone, I in fact have done the exact same thing, many times, wherein in a possible attempt to ‘understand’ others, I jump into creating an opinion about their life, their choices without really getting to sit down with them and open up the point face to face.

If I look at it, we as human beings rarely do that, I know I haven’t. It’s been quite a minimal amount of times that I’ve ‘dared’ to open up a point that might be somewhat ‘deep’ with people in my reality, probably only with a handful and that’s entirely also dependent on how ‘deep’ another wants to explain and be vulnerable as well for me to have a ‘deeper context’ to themselves or something else.

Usually how we go about in society is creating quick ideas, assumptions, opinions of why someone ‘is’ the way they are, their life choices, decisions, their paths, their outcomes… so in a way opinions are an ‘easy fix’ to believe we have some sort of ‘awareness’ and ultimately a form of ‘control’ as knowledge and information about something or someone, that we use to then define ‘who we are’ in relation to that through values of the mind, which means we perpetuate the cycles of consciousness and inequality through this very seemingly ‘normal’ act of participating in opinions.

Here I see that my ‘fear of others’ opinions’ is as any fear, irrational, considering how the moment that I allow an opinion to define me, I am giving space for another’s assumption, projection and interpretation of myself or anything else in this reality to become a limitation to me - no matter how ‘good or bad’ the opinion is, because ultimately any quick assessment as ‘opinions’ are made within a limited time-frame and awareness of the person, a situation or a particular context, and I can see how quick I can be many times to think ‘I know’ how another person is and build a quick opinion about them, which are only blocks and limitations to really getting to know another person or entirely be able to physically exist in clarity within an environment without judging it from the get go and drawing a ‘first impression’ opinion to then believe I ‘know’ all about the thing, person or situation.

If opinions are to remain existing in this world, they will of course be entirely dependent on ‘who expresses the opinion’ and the quality of sharing a genuine assessment that has got sufficient time and/or awareness about something or someone to express an opinion about it. It will depend entirely on the person and ‘who they are’ in their lives, in their way of living, of interacting with others, of applying themselves in living principles so that then, an opinion ceases to exist as a quick judgment or assessment that leads to a misinterpretation of reality, but instead becomes an introduction, a perception within its own constrictions and limitations that attempts to give a glimpse and perspective about it, coming from an individual that can – at least – be a bit more aware and cautious of how we define, limit or expand ourselves through words.

In order for me to become this kind of being that can give such partial – yes – and somewhat limited assessments about something or someone as a ‘redefined opinion’ – I can learn to be careful and considerate with words that I have tended to throw around quite recklessly at times, which in my case has also been a result of my ‘quick’ jumping into conclusions, trying to ‘make sense’ of something, trying to understand something and giving off an opinion so as to make myself believe I ‘know’ or ‘understand’ something or someone, and this is what I’d like to stop existing as within myself and be that 1+ point in reality that can be more careful, considerate in creating these assessments, where I can be more aware of the words I speak – or think – about myself, anything and anyone in reality.

This way I can see that regardless of how ‘everyone else’ might relate themselves to their mind, their opinions and judgments, I can be aware and certain that I am the one that is changing my relationship to forming opinions and redefining them into a careful and considerate self-assessment that I can create in order to see the potentials, the points I can learn from something/someone, where I can place myself in a position of ‘placing myself in their shoes’ to at least trying to understand another from an equal stand point, where I am then not drawing conclusions in polarity or morality terms, but rather describing what I see, what I am aware of, what I can assess and conclude out of a direct experience with something or someone, where I can then be certain that I am not only speaking for the sake of ‘appearing to know’ about that something or someone, but in an actual self-commitment to be self-honest about what I see while taking my own responsibility to ensure that I am not harming, abusing, demeaning, caging or limiting something or someone in such ‘opinions’ as perceptions, perspectives or concepts I create about others or an part of reality in fact.

All of this I can see is what makes sense for me to do: taking it back to self, because if there’s been something constant in my life, is my own debunking of these quick judgments as opinions that I have created about something or someone through getting to know them and finding out that it or ‘they’ weren’t at all how I had thought they would be, and I end up completely blowing up my expectations, which means I had been too quick to judge, too quick to assume in an attempt to believe I know something, to believe I have ‘control’ over that which I am creating a judgment about.

This is how through me understanding the reasoning behind building an opinion in my case, I can place myself in the shoes of others when drawing conclusions or creating opinions about something and learn to see them for what they are: usually limited perceptions that we create when lacking the full and real context about something or someone and not knowing the details, intricacies and multi-dimensions or multiplicity of aspects that exist to everything and everyone in this reality, where we can only ‘draw conclusions’ from a point of comparison, of limitation, of judgments through our minds, which is what in fact separates us not only from really getting to know each other, but from actually considering a lot more than what meets the mind’s eye and senses.

This is also how I can instead focus on changing me through developing myself in terms of being careful to not be too quick to judge, too quick to create assumptions, too quick to want to ‘understand’ the intricacies of something or someone, when in fact, I have to give myself the space and time to see, realize and understand something or at least be more aware and careful of how I am seeing that something or someone, where I make sure I slowdown in that whole process of ‘getting to know’ something or someone, so that I can also not be drawing limitations within my mind in every moment, but rather remain open, vulnerable, hearing, seeing, considering, learning from and stopping quick-judgments from becoming the ‘sentence’ I form upon something or someone else.

Hereby I then commit myself to no longer give value and worth to opinions and judgments I have formed or created about something or someone else, and within this that I’ve created about myself and that I am aware now stand as limitations and judgments for me to stop recreating and instead, focus on a genuine ‘getting to know’ others, openly, indiscriminately. It’s all in how I decide to see reality and everything/everyone in it and if anything comes up, I have to remind myself that it’s not about ‘them’ per se, but it’s coming from me first of all, and that’s where I can start debunking the nature of opinions within myself first.

“What is best for all life is never an opinion. It is based in measurable facts in the physical. If you have self-awareness of what is best for all life in the physical, with empathy and compassion enough to overcome your fear of the system and the internal god, join Desteni to bring about a world that is based on neighborly love practically driven and directed by what is best for all in the physical world. Let the hereafter worry about itself.” Bernard Poolman

Return to “Members' Blog Links”