When the child just challenge

mar

Re: When the child just challenge

Post by mar »

I forgive myself for having accepted and allowed myself for thinking that taking back the authority i felt i've lost is the way to educate my daughter.

I forgive myself for having accepted and allowed myself for not understanding that real authority is not just imposing my will, but rather making her understand something from the starting point that this is real respect and caring for others as herself.

I forgive myself for having accepted and allowed myself for knowing that is not possible for me at the moment to always succeed in the purpose.

I forgive myself for having accepted and allowed myself for having many times imposed my will to my daughter from an egohistic point of view and within this I forgive myself for having accepted and allowed myself for having thus provoked her (obvious) defense reaction towards me that consisted in this attack and within this I forgive myself for having accepted and allowed myself for badly reacting towards her also to deny to myself the guiltiness related to my selfishness.

I forgive myself for having accepted and allowed myself for responding to an attack with another attack also to "better hide", to myself as another, a dishonest starting point of my actions.

When and as I see that I go into wanting to correct/retake her – I immediately stop myself, take a breath and bring myself back here; and I see, realize and understand that it's better to spend a bit of time more to analyze the fairiness of my starting point; thus I commit myself to not spend time in my head in thinking about "how to approach her" to not "feel rejected".

When and as I see that I go into feelling fear or rage towards her for her "bad answering" – I immediately stop myself, take a breath and bring myself back here; and I see, realize and understand that this can be either:
- a preprogrammed reaction learnt by my parents and by almost everybody i see around me
- a method to allow selfishness
- a method to HIDE my selfishness;
thus I commit myself to realize that is not from a starting point of selfishness that i will obtain anything, not for me and not for her.

Return to “Questions about Children”