Google Hangouts on Air: Spirituality & Religion

Michelle

Re: Google Hangouts on Air: Spirituality & Religion

Post by Michelle »

In response to: The Journey Beyond Christianity
http://youtu.be/2Lq1YwVBrUk

Thank you for sharing your perspectives and insights in the Google Hangout! I'd like to share my story of religion here.
I have grown up Catholic and like Rozelle mentioned in the Hangout, I started to question religion and God when I was a teenager. I had to go to church every Sunday, something which I had no choice over and frustrated me greatly even as a child. I started to question the priests and what was being taught, especially when the topic of masturbation and abortion came up. Masturbation was a sin, touching oneself in pleasure was a sin according to the priests, and abortion is a sin. A priest also said saying such things like "God dammit" would make one go to hell. I have heard my father say such things so I questioned this, and found myself even scared to even within my mind swear cause I was afraid God was going to send me to hell, but to me it didn't make sense why a God would immediate send someone to hell for one swear word - "is God really that mean/evil?" But as a teenager I looked at other religions and became fascinated going to other churches to see how they practice their religion. I then realized if you were born in a Jewish family you were going to be raised as Jew, just like being raised by Christian parents. Yet what was funny was my mother would tell me that the Catholic religion is the 'right' religion, it is the 'best' one because of our long religious history and I believed her for a while. However, it was in school when we were reading about Joan of Arc and how Archangel Michael told her to go to war that I looked at God and wondered, why would a God want a human to kill other humans? Because I thought to myself, doesn't God love everyone? Why would he send an angel to tell Joan of Arc to kill his humans? Is God taking sides? So, of course, this type of questioning led me into exploring God and the Afterlife, and I came upon spirituality and the psychic Sylvia Browne who wrote books on her Journey through Heaven which actually do coincide with what Sunette has brought forth in her interviews of when she explored Heaven and how things were run. So, all in all, my spirituality and questioning of God and religion led me to a point where I was absolutely sure and convinced there was no God, that it is us and the universe that are here, and then eventually I found Desteni.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Thanks for sharing your journey Michelle! Could you place this also on the Youtube video in the comment section please?
Anna

Post by Anna »

The Journey Beyond Enlightenment and Ascension
http://youtu.be/yGGnAouk3l0

Return to “Members' Videos”