Technical Support for Vlogging

YoganBarrientos

Technical Support for Vlogging

Post by YoganBarrientos »

Please place here, any problems with making video logs, and also any cool tips on making video vlogs.

The information will later be compiled and presented in a summarized format.

So simply ask away, or start sharing on one's expertise or technical experience.
YoganBarrientos

Re: Technical Support for Vlogging

Post by YoganBarrientos »

I am a mac user and when I use Imovie it always takes a long time to load up a new video recording before I can edit it for the first time. It also is slow and clunky to use, and I feel that there must be faster programs out there. I have I movie '11 and I am using a macbook Pro. Im pretty sure my computer can handle faster programs.

I have been googling the web for alternative programs that will allow me to quickly make videos without having to load for such a long time. My needs are basic right now, just make a video- preferably with the program I will use to edit the video, basic editing tools- title screens, fade ins/outs, adjust audio, cut/delete frames, etc... So far I have found no good programs. I also haven't bought any programs yet.

So any Mac users have had the same difficulties? And any solutions found? Like what is your set up with Mac and are you satisfied with it, does it work well?
And as a Destonian, you people may know how time is a scarce resource, and I would like to have a program that won't take too much time.

Im considering I may just have to buy a really fancy program, if they work. So any reviews on such programs may be cool.

Thanks in advance,
guy looking for some useful info to increase his vlogging capacity
-Yogan
sylvia

Post by sylvia »

Hey Yogan I'm a Mac user too, what I use for vlogs and other videos is ScreenFlow, although it is a program to make presentations from your desktop it's a really cool program to use, to edit and record your vlogs. It isn't specifically for Macs though it also runs on a Mac. I've got this program for quite a while now so I do not know about the current costs and whether it is still compatible with Mac. So you better Google it.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Hi Yogan

Firstly to clear this point up:
The information will later be compiled and presented in a summarized format.
I am busy already writing a document about vlogging in general, though not in particular about using programs for example. I'll place it here when it is done.

I'm also on a Mac and I simply use iMovie even though it is not perfect. For myself I've found that larger programs often have such an extensive interface that it takes several months to learn how to use it for basic stuff like vlogging. So therefore I find iMovie or MovieMaker on Windows fine for my purposes.

Return to “Members' Videos”