Resources

Daniel

Resources

Post by Daniel »

The purpose of this thread is to share web resources that might be able to be utilized creatively in process. Starting it off, is this website that inspired me to collaborate like this:

Kickstarter.com

Basically, this portal allows one to develop a project-concept and place it in the light of potential "funders" or backers. I could go into more detail, but http://www.kickstarter.com this link goes to a good example of a soon-to-be, more-than-successful project.
Marlen

Re: Resources

Post by Marlen »

The purpose of this thread is to share web resources that might be able to be utilized creatively in process. Starting it off, is this website that inspired me to collaborate like this:
Hi Daniel - I only see some products for 'lucid dreaming' - Can you explain How is this supportive for this process?
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Kickstarter is an interesting concept and may be something to look into. I've posted below their general rules and guidelines.
Marlen wrote: Can you explain How is this supportive for this process?
Yes. This is an excellent question. If one is able to create an interesting and supportive idea - who knows, there may be a possibility to raise supportive funding. Definitely will require further research.

----------------
Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Every week, tens of thousands of amazing people pledge millions of dollars to projects from the worlds of music, film, art, technology, design, food, publishing and other creative fields.

A new form of commerce and patronage. This is not about investment or lending. Project creators keep 100% ownership and control over their work. Instead, they offer products and experiences that are unique to each project.

All or nothing funding. On Kickstarter, a project must reach its funding goal before time runs out or no money changes hands. Why? It protects everyone involved. Creators aren’t expected to develop their project without necessary funds, and it allows anyone to test concepts without risk.

Each and every project is the independent creation of someone like you. Projects are big and small, serious and whimsical, traditional and experimental. They’re inspiring, entertaining and unbelievably diverse. We hope you agree... Welcome to Kickstarter

----------------
Project Guidelines

Kickstarter is a funding platform made especially for creative projects, and our guidelines support that focus. We've shaped these guidelines with the interest of our community in mind, and we appreciate you working with us to maintain them.

Funding for projects only. A project has a clear goal, like making an album, a book, or a work of art. A project will eventually be completed, and something will be produced by it. A project is not open-ended. Starting a business, for example, does not qualify as a project.

Projects must fit Kickstarter's categories. Kickstarter can be used to fund projects from the creative fields of Art, Comics, Dance, Design, Fashion, Film, Food, Games, Music, Photography, Publishing, Technology, and Theater. We currently only support projects from these categories.

No charity or cause funding. Examples of prohibited use include raising money for the Red Cross, funding an awareness campaign, funding a scholarship, or donating a portion of funds raised on Kickstarter to a charity or cause.

No "fund my life" projects. Examples include projects to pay tuition or bills, go on vacation, or buy a new camera.
No prohibited items or subject matter. There are some things we just don't allow on Kickstarter. Please review our list of prohibited items and subject matter, which includes things like contests, raffles, drugs, and other specific topics
--------------------
Community Guidelines

We rely on respectful interactions to ensure that Kickstarter is a friendly place. Please follow the rules below.
Spread the word but don't spam. Spam includes sending unsolicited @ messages to people on Twitter. This makes everyone on Kickstarter look bad. Don't do it.

Don't promote a project on other projects' pages. Your comments will be deleted and your account may be suspended.

Be courteous and respectful. Don't harass or abuse other members.

Don't post obscene, hateful, or objectionable content. If you do we will remove it and suspend you.

Don't post copyrighted content without permission. Only post content that you have the rights to.

If you don't like a project, don't back it. No need to be a jerk.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

My bad, didn't mean to make it all spammy-looking. Should have linked to http://www.Kickstarter.com and just textually linked to the Reeme example.

I just discovered an awesome framework for raising money for a large-scale, specific project. It's simply a community of people with money looking to back ideas and bring them to life. If/when the idea strikes me, I'll share it. I wanted to share the resource so that others may try their creative perspective on it.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I've been doing a research paper for school, and I've been reading up on a theory that may have implications for strategic positioning of oneself in a group. It's called the Social Identity Model of Deindividuation Effects (SIDE): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_ide ... on_effects

This information can be useful in this group. "SIDE describes the cognitive process by which the salience of social identity is affected by the absence or presence of individuating information" Basically, the group identity is more salient when a group member is more anonymous. So, by making efforts to further individuate ourselves, we could establish a growing body of information, broken into more smaller units of individual credibility.

However, if the group and individual identity are both salient, AND the group identity is more meaningful than, say other group identities, the salience of the individual will further strengthen the social categorization. So, a clear head shot with an EMS badge does not help to individuate yourself from the group.

The bottom line is it can be advantageous to not be anonymous, and Desteni already requires use a real name, so the idea is in place already, but it can be expounded upon. My perspectives:
- Developing own voice/writing style to complement the already existing body of material -- too repetitive = drone-like = loss of interest by nearly every reader.
- Developing a more comfortable relationship with one's webcam, to unleash differentiating, authentic personalities; all unpracticed = not ready to present to the masses.
- Specialization within research and public releases; this material does not come back out automatically articulated well, especially for jack-of-all-trade types, become an expert of 2-3 topics (while presenting to the world) before moving on
- Just be aware of the balance between self expression and group expression, so you know where your coming from when you act
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Found this website called BlogCatalog (http://www.blogcatalog.com/), and a revealing search for 'Desteni' came up with no results and motivated me to post it as a resource.

What is BlogCatalog?
Blog Catalog is the premiere social blog directory on the internet. Whether you're looking to promote your own blog, find blogs on various topics, or connect with other bloggers this site is for you.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

http://www.indiegogo.com/

This is similar to Kickstarter, but even more appropriate for fund raising. Creative potential for fund raising online.
Maya

Post by Maya »

Daniel,

Thanks for sharing those links and making an effort to assist the group with finding ways to raise funds for the Equal Life Foundation.
To do what we do, we require a large amount of Money to be able to move faster within the world system and to bring about a substantial change ASAP to end, for once an for all the atrocities, abuse and suffering in this world.

However, thus far, we haven't found any government, corporation or foundation that is interested in supporting the Desteni Message as well as the Equal Money System.
We're focusing on the past few years on Spreading common sense Message through our Vlogs, Blogs, the Desteni I Process and EQAFE; Those who are walking with us are those who are interested in making a substantial change in themselves and in this world.

Thus, I suggest to focus on your own process and assist and support yourself with your writing and self application so that you can stand as a living example for Many who will through you, join the Movement. Remember -> 1+1=2.

For those who are interested in support the Equal Money Movement, Please visit this link
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Maya,

I understand that I need to refocus my efforts more on myself and my own internal process. I've been here awhile. I'm just not posting/participating yet because of a deeply engrained fear system of expressing myself publicly. I'm getting there..

In the mean time, I'd like to share the internet resources with the group. Are you discouraging me from sharing what I find? Any reason I can't do both??

This post was intended to share Amara, an open source resource for adding subtitles manually, making the videos more searchable and universal.
Maya

Post by Maya »

Hi Daniel,

It's cool to share links that can be beneficial to what we are doing.

in terms of your writing process, as was discussed and clarified on FB - just push through the fears.. it's only a character that you have created for yourself to not see the real you.. so don't believe the fear and delete it through a practical corrective application of simply writing yourself to freedom.

Return to “Article and News links”