a cat friend for our cat

Share questions, perspectives and relevant material about Animals here
Miranda de Haas

a cat friend for our cat

Post by Miranda de Haas »

Hi,

I have a 5 year old female cat. We recently moved to another house were she is bored. In her old environment she had a neighbourcat who she liked to play with, almost every day. When our door was open in summertime, other cats came in also and she allowed them inside and even let them eat her food (that's why they came in ofcourse).

Our cat is very friendly towards strange people when they pass by. She likes to have contact.

It crossed my mind for a while now that it might be that she will be happy with another cat, a male kitten. However I do realize that it could turn out different and they only 'tolerate' eachother.

How to introduce another cat?

Thanks!

Miranda
CerisePoolman

Re: a cat friend for our cat

Post by CerisePoolman »

Miranda, introducing kittens is usually easy. I used to keep kitten in my bedroom in the beginning, and let the other cats come in on their own time when they were curious to meet kitten. Some cats take long, others will immediately start taking care of the kitten. Usually a few days is enough. Though I do have one cat that hates all other cats, except for one. But that's just her lol.
Miranda de Haas

Re: a cat friend for our cat

Post by Miranda de Haas »

Thanks Cerise, will put the kitten in another room and give our cat the time and space to get to know the kitten at her own pace.

Miranda

Return to “Animal Support”