Hooking fish feels like hooking self

Share questions, perspectives and relevant material about Animals here
ZachWang

Hooking fish feels like hooking self

Postby ZachWang » 21 Apr 2016, 08:44

In my previous company, when I knew and visually saw that one of our products was fishhook, an extensive empathetic emotion and feeling coming up, like I was hooked by the fishhook, and feeling the pain and suffering. And then I thought that if I sold the fishhook, then I would support killing fish. I couldn't do that. So I resigned my job. And also I do not support beauty equipment because I saw a company making and selling such equipment which is useless in common sense.

BUT, here comes the dilemma. The whole world seems like a seamless system, nothing seems independent, which means that if I refuse to support the world system, then I would have to not participate in the whole world. So, recently I am busy choosing a industry in this world. Maybe I will choose to be a English teacher to go into education industry. So, regarding the products and service that the world system is currently producing now, how can I approach and treat them when it comes to real-time physical moments in participating it physically? Does there exist any relatively innocent and pure industry?? Thanks/

ZachWang

Re: Hooking fish feels like hooking self

Postby ZachWang » 22 Apr 2016, 17:02

My imagination is too active. I am prone to experience the picture in imagination as imagining that the fish being hooked.

Kristina

Re: Hooking fish feels like hooking self

Postby Kristina » 28 Apr 2016, 00:39

Hey Wang,

I would say there is nothing in this world that, through you not purchasing, or working for a specific company, or not eating meat for example, is going to stop or change how we currently function, and treat each other, or animals, etc. We have to change it at the systemic level - where through changing how we value money for example, we change how we use resources, how we treat animals, and what we spend our time on... because have a look, when money is the most valuable thing, we are willing to compromise and abuse life. So it's about changing the system to where money is no longer god, and rather LIFE in it's entirety is honored and thus cherished and no longer abused.

So one thing you can do is be aware of the products you buy... research the companies your dollars support, spend your money where you would like to support with your finances. In terms of work... I've heard many times that there can be no morality when working in the world system, because the abuse is rampant... and so it's rather to understand what is here (say the sale of fishhooks as perhaps providing a living for some fisherman) and to instead focus on your financial stability that will encourage your ability to move and function in this world. If we allowed morality to guide what we do for work, no one would work in the financial market, or the beauty industry, or even as a scientist doing test on animals. So rather than resisting what is here as our world system, understand it... how is it interconnected? And how can we change it into a system that is best for all.

So don't fight or fear your participation in this world, rather become aware of where your presence can have an influence... understand our world, don't judge it. Create financial stability without judging what you do to sustain it. Work with the current reality, become equal to it in understanding HOW it exists, and HOW we can re-align it to support all life.

Return to “Animal Support”