Concerning my cat and my fear for my cat

Anna

Re: Concerning my cat and my fear for my cat

Post by Anna »

I also have a "tool" I use to work with/look at fear:

I look at where my fear is represented in the world. Let's take fear of death as an example. So if I experience fear of death I can look at how death is existing in the world - I then ask myself if death exists in the wold. What I realize is that I have separated myself from that which I fear - and that is why I fear it - so for example separating myself from death and how death exists in this world.

I am still testing if this is so for all fears, but so far it has been so - that when I fear it, it exists in the world and I have perceived myself as separate (safe) from it. So what is required is to realize that I am not separate from it and thus bring self back to a point of self-responsibility.
joe kou

Post by joe kou »

Anna wrote:I also have a "tool" I use to work with/look at fear:

I look at where my fear is represented in the world. Let's take fear of death as an example. So if I experience fear of death I can look at how death is existing in the world - I then ask myself if death exists in the wold. What I realize is that I have separated myself from that which I fear - and that is why I fear it - so for example separating myself from death and how death exists in this world.

I am still testing if this is so for all fears, but so far it has been so - that when I fear it, it exists in the world and I have perceived myself as separate (safe) from it. So what is required is to realize that I am not separate from it and thus bring self back to a point of self-responsibility.
very interesting application in practically correcting self's definition/separations to fear, anna. will consider this for myself as well.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

What a cool thread. Thanks to everyone contributing here!

I never saw the point of actually standing within the fear and seeing how to go about it effectivley so that you are able to understand and know exactly how to direct yourself:
You 'walk yourself through the fear' by simply actually 'placing yourself' in the point that is feared- not in actual physical reality but in 'imagining it' as if it were so- and through this you look and see- ok, what would happen if whatever the fear is were to happen- what would I do, etc. Because the fear reaction experience relies on a 'not knowing' of what we'd do or what might happen if.. And as long as you don't answer that question, the fear reaction is able to happen/continue. Have a look at the fear reaction- it's like a 'omg what if !!'
Self corrective application! Cool -- thanks :)
Dace Jaun

Post by Dace Jaun »

here i might have at last understood desteni! as with animals and cats, i have had similar situations and this has been a point i could stand within. And now i can compare these two situations, i want to call them "states". I as control of the situation. me here.(like when i saw my cat fighting, i took a strong position and went to support my cat. i chased the other cat away with my presence and stamping my foot and saying "shush" loudly and when he was away, I picked my cat up and went inside) in this situation i see the situation, i know there might be danger, but i remain still and watch for some time considering the situation, t i just do common sense . and i remain in common sense. this is not absolutely what is energy and emotions.like freaking out and saying, "oh god, what is happening "and etc. now i get it. i have a similar situation where it has been strong(common sense). it has been with dangerous situations where i have stood strong and still in common sense regardless of the bodily reactions that come together, i stand.
and in this thread i can relate and see how i am in overprotectiveness with my parents. They act overprotective and i "try" ( well it's a mind-fuck) to act with them "as it had to be like that" that i am this "insecure" ,"ignorant"(like uninformed) girl who needs their help when in fact i am not like that and i can take responsibility for myself. this is a cool support. I love being with animals. much easier than with humans (for me). it just have had more common sense experiences with animals than with humans.
there was also a situation where standing still, "deep in common sense" was very strong. I was wondering in woods around a house(sauna) next to woods, i went in a circle around it, i wandered around carelessly, , but "here" too. i heard a dog barking and i saw the dog of the owners of the next house(they own the sauna and it - the next house - is their living house) coming towards me, barking deterrently (i made this word up) and in this situation i came together, stood still. First what i considered was - this is his territory , i am of no welcome to him . then i thought about what i had heard of dogs. that you have to remain stilll when they are angry, that they can "smell fear" i don't know if it is biologicaly like that, some claim it is. i let some time go as i was standing there, then moved slowly, around him, facing him. after 30 sec or a min I saw a boy i knew next to the house( he was outside) and i called out to him "help! there is a dog" ( meaning - i need your support) he yelled something back to me and then i ran down from the hill we were standing on(with the dog) to the house to the boy. i could have walked backwards facing the dog, it might have been better, but i even liked being with this barking dog, because i was so "here". oh and walking backwards MIGHt have been better.

thanks
thanks for the support i read it all.
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

Dace Jaun wrote: I as control of the situation. me here.(like when i saw my cat fighting, i took a strong position and went to support my cat. i chased the other cat away with my presence and stamping my foot and saying "shush" loudly and when he was away, I picked my cat up and went inside) in this situation i see the situation, i know there might be danger, but i remain still and watch for some time considering the situation, t i just do common sense . and i remain in common sense. this is not absolutely what is energy and emotions.like freaking out and saying, "oh god, what is happening "and etc. now i get it. i have a similar situation where it has been strong(common sense). it has been with dangerous situations where i have stood strong and still in common sense regardless of the bodily reactions that come together, i stand.
Suggestion is to see how within 'wanting to control' there is a power-relationship experienced wherein 'you have control' over the situation/ over others. The way it is suggested to realize this point is Self-Direction wherein it is you directing yourself one and equal as the entire context/ event within common sense. For example that moment when you stomped you foot and made the other cat run way, that's a cool point of support to prevent further consequences from animals playing out their preprogrammed rivalries, that's how we can support them and you will see for yourself when such moves and directions are stemming from 'fear' or have any other feeling/ emotion attached and when they are absolutely 'here' as yourself making a presence there to change the situation. Those are usually moments when we are self-directive: we take into consideration the context and act in common sense in the moment - see how there is then no need to want to 'control' the situation, but rather being a point of support and direction within it, which is cool.

and in this thread i can relate and see how i am in overprotectiveness with my parents. They act overprotective and i "try" ( well it's a mind-fuck) to act with them "as it had to be like that" that i am this "insecure" ,"ignorant"(like uninformed) girl who needs their help when in fact i am not like that and i can take responsibility for myself. this is a cool support. I love being with animals. much easier than with humans (for me). it just have had more common sense experiences with animals than with humans.
Cool points you've written out here. This is essentially how we go realizing that we all enslave each other to our 'roles' assigned wherein some play 'the parents that protect the child' and the child plays the 'one that must be protected and be fearful' - that's how within us taking self responsibility for ourselves, within common sense we are able to stop participating in such roles and reactions to direct ourselves in common sense and realize that we are quite capable of taking self responsibility and not fuel such 'roles' in others either by continuing existing as such beliefs like being 'insecure' or 'ignorant' or anything else.

I understand the point you experience toward animals, however I suggest that you have a look at the point of creating separation as a form of belief within stating that it's easier for you to be with animals than humans. Within realizing the point of Equality, we can start seeing how subtle forms of separation come in the form of creating preferences as self-beliefs that are also to be walked in this process within realizing that it doesn't matter what type of being we are with, we express and live and communicate in an constant manner.

With regards to the dog situation, suggest writing out the experiences linked to all of these events. Within taking this one situation in specificity, you'll start seeing what were the emotions/ feelings that triggered your physical reactions - see why you reacted to the dog that way, write out how come you enjoyed running away, what was it that you were experiencing inside you - this is a cool point to take on to walk in specificity, you've already described the event moment to moment which is a cool way to write a memory out - from there add the exact inner experiences and we can proceed then to walk the self forgiveness necessary to see what are the points that require correction, how you can assist and support yourself practically if having to face a similar moment again.

Cool, thanks for sharing Dace.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Cool Support here - thanks Marlen.

Return to “Questions and General Discussion about Animals”