cat education

Anna

Re: cat education

Post by Anna »

barbara wrote:She started peeing where there were bags and suitcases on the floor which were only lying there when one of my daughters was about to leave again after visiting for some days. That was also around the time when her last companion died. Once or twice on other occasions. Then we moved to the city, which was quite a shock for her with all the commotion and the ride in the car and so much stuff lying around for quite a while. There were a lot of people coming and going for some days and some time after that she started peeing about once a week or so, on clothes piled up on chairs, my bed once and the bonsai, and onto a towel in the bathroom which had slipped from the tub to the floor. So I don't think this is something organic as the intervals are so irregular. I'll be watchful though. The vet is always an option of course. She is still more nervous than she used to be - maybe I should consider something homeopathic, like gelsemium. I'll have to google.
Based on my experiences with a similar situation I definitely suggest to utilize Feliway in this case Barbara. Here's the website for Germany: http://www.feliway.de/
barbara

Post by barbara »

I have just ordered it, Anna, and will keep you posted on the effect. Thanks for the link!
Anna

Post by Anna »

barbara wrote:I have just ordered it, Anna, and will keep you posted on the effect. Thanks for the link!
Cool Barbara - yes please keep us updated!
KellyPosey

Post by KellyPosey »

Cool Barbara - looking forward to the feedback
barbara

Post by barbara »

Ok, feedback on Feliway:

We have had the diffusor in a central place of the flat now for a week - we placed it into a socket in the hallway - and there hasn't been an incidence of her peeing! We sprayed some of the pheromones onto her favourite place on the couch too, as the information on the package indicates, and it is working wonders for her: She's so relaxed, purrs so much more, often rubs her head on the fabric of the sofa and keeps it there while looking around a bit upside down, thus really opening up, displaying her throat and chin to be stroked. She's like a baby, calm and revelling in her own beingness - really feeling comfortable.

So, Anna, great suggestion, thanks! I definitely recommend giving this a try when the behaviour becomes conspicuous as in her case.
Maite

Post by Maite »

Coool! Thanks for the feedback Barbara!
Anna

Post by Anna »

Very cool Barbara.

That's great feedback - because it was the exact same that happened with our cat after we used Feliway. And we only used one which lasts a month, that was enough.

So for anyone experiencing similar issues with cats (or dogs, they also have a product for dogs) --- definitely suggest to invest in this product for support.
KellyPosey

Post by KellyPosey »

Wow, interesting Barbara, thanks for the feedback.
Bella

Post by Bella »

:)

Return to “Questions and General Discussion about Animals”