Homeopathic remedy for anxious cat?

barbara

Re: Homeopathic remedy for anxious cat?

Post by barbara »

Anna, you could investigate 'Aconitum' for shock and trauma situations, though this is given in acute cases. The corresponding remedy for a more long-lasting state is 'Lycopodium'. See if the descriptions fit when you research. 'Gelsemium' and 'Nitricum acidum' are for nervousness, but I would opt for either Aconitum in acute situations or Lycopodium for long-term conditions.
KellyPosey

Post by KellyPosey »

Interesting Anna. Let us know how it goes, and I will check out that documentary, thanks!
Anna

Post by Anna »

barbara wrote:Anna, you could investigate 'Aconitum' for shock and trauma situations, though this is given in acute cases. The corresponding remedy for a more long-lasting state is 'Lycopodium'. See if the descriptions fit when you research. 'Gelsemium' and 'Nitricum acidum' are for nervousness, but I would opt for either Aconitum in acute situations or Lycopodium for long-term conditions.
Thank you Barabara! This is a cool cross-reference for when I talk to the animal homeopath.
CerisePoolman

Post by CerisePoolman »

Here you get a remedy called "Rescue" which is for shock, anxiety, sleeplessness (a mixture of homeopathic compounds). This is a pretty general remedy, normally a homeopath will give more specific remedies after examining the patient.
Anna

Post by Anna »

CerisePoolman wrote:Here you get a remedy called "Rescue" which is for shock, anxiety, sleeplessness (a mixture of homeopathic compounds). This is a pretty general remedy, normally a homeopath will give more specific remedies after examining the patient.
Yes I've got Rescue. Flicky (the cat in question) was successfully outside today for 3 hours. I realized also that before new years she was actually going out at her own volition every day, so I see that the new years shock took quote a toll on her. She spent like 5 days hiding in a corner during the days when the fireworks was going off. I obviously should have given her rescue then but didn't even consider it - now I surely will!

Thanks everyone.
Kristina

Post by Kristina »

Cool discussions guys!

I wanted to add, simply on the point of the cat being overweight and perhaps being a problem in relation to her being more physical. About 8 or 9 months back, I took my cat, Ollie, into the vet because I noticed there was like this larger bump to his stomach on both sides, which didn't really look like fat or extra weight. He has always been a slender cat, so I was concerned at it's shape and overall difference in his physical body, which had become quite noticeable. So I took him in and turns out he had simply gained weight, lol. Apparently it is difficult to have cat's lose weight, yet with the advice of the vet, which was to feed both cats, twice a day, only 1/4 cup or 2 ounces of food for each feeding - about 8-10 hours a part, there has been quite a difference in both cats in terms of their weight. My cats are not outdoor cats, so the amount of food could be more aligned to the fact that they are not as active outside, yet they definitely get their exercise together just fine in the house, chasing each other and running circles in the house lol. So this has been a cool point to see where Ollie no longer has that extra roundness to him, so this application has supported in having them lose weight. Maybe something you could try for awhile, like I said, I've been applying this for about 8-9 months so it does take time, yet it has proven to be effective for losing weight.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Cool Kristina. We've researched a lot about safe ways for a cat to lose weight and apparantly the best way is to go for a low-carb high-protein food. So we've bought a brand that is high in meet content and are now monitoring the cats eating a lot more.

Thanks for sharing.

Return to “Questions and General Discussion about Animals”