How to take care of mice in the house

Nicklk1795

How to take care of mice in the house

Post by Nicklk1795 »

So this morning I was walking out to the kitchen, and when I stepped around the corner a mouse freaked out and ran under the kitchen counters. Anyways, usually when I see one Mose, then I start seeing them everywhere for a period of time. I was just curious how to take care of them. I used to have a Cat that would just kill them, he wouldn't eat them, but he would kill them and leave hem there, but no we cat has died. I was considering if the issue worsens to just buy another cat, but didn't know if hat was the best way to approach it.
Anna

Re: How to take care of mice in the house

Post by Anna »

The first thing I would do is to seal off so the mice can't get into the kitchen (or house) and then the most important is to make sure that all food items are packaged securely as mice feces and urine can contain traces of diseases and virus. Then if you really want to get rid of them, like if they're tearing up the cobber wiring in your house for example, I'd get live traps where I could release them into the wild.
CerisePoolman

Post by CerisePoolman »

live traps, yup. Try find a way to put bait in the trap so that the mouse can't actually eat it and then die. You normally find those bigger cage traps that trap the mouse without hurting it.

Don't buy a cat just to get rid of mice
Nicklk1795

Post by Nicklk1795 »

Oh, I actually didn't know they had traps that kept them alive. Well I'll invest in a couple of those then. Foods are well packaged, but unfortunately they get on the silver wear doors and crawl around and touch the silver wear to where we have to always re wash them all.

Anyways I'll buy a few traps
Terrone28

Post by Terrone28 »

Secure your foods from the mice, if they think they have something to eat in your house, they'll always come back for more. You must have traps for them, the cage one or the sticky traps might work.
YoganBarrientos

Post by YoganBarrientos »

Just to share my part. In our house we have had mice over the years. In terms of getting rid of them, we have tried many things, including live traps.

Right now we use this box that you buy, its black with two entrances. Inside their is a poison that does something to the mice. They search for water, and they become weak and slow. Our dog, the sausage dog or salsicha, hunts the mice. So when they are weak he usually gets them.

There are definitely some real concerns with having mice in the house, in how they could chew through electrical cables. Because I grew up with my mom, I simply went with whatever she decided, so I personally never observed this point for myself.
CerisePoolman

Post by CerisePoolman »

remember that poisoned rodents can be dangerous to pets that eat them - secondary poisoning is possible

Return to “Questions and General Discussion about Animals”