Creating Ripples on the Web: Why people don't believe in Karma/Consequences?

Fred cheung

Creating Ripples on the Web: Why people don't believe in Karma/Consequences?

Post by Fred cheung »

We have chat about the importance of letting people understand there are Karma/Consequences for their actions and in-actions. How to educate the public about this and Jesus' "Love your neighbor as yourself" message.

Some Key points to consider:
========================

* How many times when we were child, we curse our foes for injustice and nothing happens to them in years, so we deem there is no Karma/Consequence at all!

* The word Karma/Consequences have been associated to Indian Religion. People see/biased Karma is superstitious and wouldn't even consider it common sensely.

* Believe in Karma means you have to give up self-interest/greediness and start helping/giving others. People subconsciously want more entertainment and will not give up self-interest/greediness. So they would rather chosse to believe there is no Karma.

* People don't understand/haven't heard the concept Karma exists because everything in existence is you - how you treat others are how you will be treated.

* People associate Karma to Anarchism, Passivism, Chaotic, Superstitious, not realizing Karma have both active and passive sides - helping others as how you'd would love yourself, and don't harm anyone.

Reference Links:
==============

* 3 Reasons Why I Don’t Believe in Karma
http://www.timothytiah.com/2014/08/25/3 ... -in-karma/

* TED - Do you believe in Karma? If so, have you truly experienced it?
http://www.ted.com/conversations/19706/ ... if_so.html

* Do You Believe in Karma? Should You?
http://www.relationshipwithreason.com/a ... should-you
Marlen

Re: Creating Ripples on the Web: Why people don't believe in Karma/Consequences?

Post by Marlen »

Interesting topic to reverse the values of what we consider as laudable and so look at how we can all contribute to be good and create a new set of standards of regarding others as actual supportive examples/role models.

My take on this: 256. How to Create Good Karma and Be a Hero
Garbrielle

Re: Creating Ripples on the Web: Why people don't believe in Karma/Consequences?

Post by Garbrielle »

Karma - Redefining the Word to Live Best for All

Karma for me as a point within my life has been more a point of mystery or way to out there, meaning that because of the religion my family followed, they feared anything that was outside of the familiar. So Karma was something that I didn’t study or really understand till I was more in high school because my family didn't believe in reincarnation. And within high school, I saw Karma more as a point of revenge, where if someone harmed me I desired them to get it back with this belief that Karma will get them and then within the point of harming another, I feared that in some way that I would get it in return. So in a way this stopped me from going all out in being out of control within my actions, but also it was not done within awareness nor based on common sense. So I will do some self forgiveness to clear the point.

I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to go into an energetic experience of desire toward others within the idea that karma is real and that i wanted it to hit others in a way were i would get revenge on them.

I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to put my own self interest of seeking revenge on another within the idea of karma instead of seeing what it directly means and living within it based on the facts of what is here.

I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to see that within my own desires of seeking revenge on another, i am instigating karma onto myself as I am living the exact same as those whom do harm to me.

I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize, and understand that within the fact of thinking of harm onto another I am going to get harm in return as I am the other and the other is me one and equal as the physical.

I forgive myself that i have not accepted and allowed myself to see, realize, and understand the understanding of what i do onto another i do unto myself as I am the other as we are all here as life as this physical reality and we are one and so equal within this fact.

I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to place energy within the act of karma where in I seek revenge based on taking what another did to me personal and believing that i am not responsible for what has happened to me and/or i believe that i can blame and then seek revenge onto them through the idea I had created of Karma as revenge.

I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to place emotions and feelings onto the principle of karma and so create an experience of what is karma instead of living by the principle of what it in fact means in the nature law of this existence.

I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to harm another in any way in my world and not live what is best for all in all ways always.

When and as I see i am going into a point of desiring another to have revenge done unto them through the principle of karma, i stop and breath, and realize that within this very directive of myself of taking revenge on another I am equally doing this onto myself as I and the other are one and equal. So i see, realize, and understand that I am harming myself when i harm another equal and one.

I commit myself to let go of the emotions toward the principle of karma through redefining it to a direct fact and living it’s re-definition.

I commit myself to stop judging, blaming, and projecting responsibility onto others.

I commit myself to take responsibility for all parts of my world and balance it back into equilibrium within the principle of karma.

I commit myself to stand within what is best for all by living and so honoring the nature of who i am as life within and as all that exist here as self.

So looking at the current definition of the word Karma, it says:

(Hinduism and Buddhism) the effects of a person's actions that determine his destiny in his next incarnation

To look at the word play:

can harm her

Not much revealed there, though i do see that within the statement ‘can harm her’ it is showing that there is a decision by self, we choose to do harm or do what’s best, it’s self decision alone. Within this self decision of how one lives, there are consequences that will outflow from self's actions. So Karma is a state of being meaning you as a physical being are a creator and so can create whatever it is that one want. Though living the realization is key of when we create from physical matter as our life and our decisions with this, there are physical effects to our actions and these effects create consequence, through this one will live within and as and so have to stand within and take responsibility for the consequences you create. This is karma, so the point of learning and understanding within this redefinition is to realize karma exist as a fact it’s neither good nor bad, but simply is an outflow of a decision we as the creator create within our living reality here in physical matter as we act. We are ultimately responsible for all that we create, and so it is suggested and makes the most sense to create in what is best for all as this is in essence best for self as all life is one and equal as all life is here as the physical reality.

Redefinition of the word Karma - the living of self within the decision one makes as a creator of who one is within the understanding of the responsibility one upholds within the act of creation and so face the consequences that will inevitably outflow from this self decision.

Return to “World Discussions”