Self judgement issues since taking zyprexa

Nicklk1795

Self judgement issues since taking zyprexa

Post by Nicklk1795 »

So in the past 2 months I have been taking a psychiatric drug called zyprexa. I had recently got off of it due to its bad side effects of weight gain, a slower metabolism, diabetes, and potential pancreatitis. Fortunately I have only been taking the drug for 2 months, however have Gained 25 pounds since, regardless of exercising on the drug. Once having discovered these outcomes, it has placed me in a point of self judgement of my general health. My question is, is since I'm able to get off the drug now, and now that it's opened up these points, how should I approach my health and writing self forgiveness, since it seems I have fears that relate to the side effects that have effected me in the past 2 months - fear for my health, fear of not being able to control my bodies outcome of health and fitness due to the drugs influence.
Eleonora

Re: Self judgement issues since taking zyprexa

Post by Eleonora »

Hi Nick,
I know somebody who has been on Zyprexa for sometime and experienced your same collateral effects.
To me your post has already exposed the points where you want to apply your self forgiveness such as the fear that Zyprexa may have affected your health and maybe some judgements about you taking it in the first place without considering all aspects of it, including the fact that the drug may just as well have played a role of support as a bridge for you until, like now, you would reach a point when you were able to let it go.
For the damages done to the body; I myself have participated in times when I abused overeating as a form of suppression, there is not much to do there apart from stopping and letting go what has been to embrace what it can be if we change, for me I have refocused on healthy eating, on cool food that nurtures my body and I plan to to a specific program to help my body detoxify but that will come after I embrace unconditionall what I am now because I found out that the self judgement stands in the way of permanent change, so accept the weight gain accept that it is you now but it doesn't have to be permanent, accept that you can work with your body in support and not against it and apply self forgiveness as you go. That would be my suggeston, specifically because I have not yet found a self forgiveness formula that can cover the whole lot of what you have laid out, things come up in layers and as they do we can self forgive and move to the next layer until we stand as the change we seek on one specific point.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Cool support here Eleonora!
Nicklk1795

Post by Nicklk1795 »

Thank you Eleanora. Well I actually just checked my body fat percentage and it is around 13 - 15%, so maybe when I was doing my intense training I might have gained muscle, but was just surprised when I had seen that I went from 165 to 190 pounds. I have been eating healthy on a vegetarian diet, so just need to keep up with dialing in my nutrients and doing my exercises. As you said, what ever has effected me is there, but at least I'm able to get off the medicine and prevent further side effects. It's been 5 days and no withdrawl symptoms have occurred, and my 'psychosis' hasn't occurred, which I actually did intense writting when I was going through my ''demon' phase before having taken zyprexa, so that could've benefited, and the medicine of course compounded points that I will have to face again, and maybe next time I won't need to take medicine, which if so I'll be sure to be more careful. Anyways, it has been layed out, and all I require doing is starting back up with exercising, and writing out these self judgements in relationship to my body. Anyways, will update here with my self forgiveness statements when I get the time. Thank you again.
Eleonora

Post by Eleonora »

Cool Nick,
look forward to your findings and to your writing.
Rozelle de Lange

Post by Rozelle de Lange »

Cool Nick,
look forward to your findings and to your writing.
- Same here Nick!
barbara

Post by barbara »

Hi Nick,

you could also investigate if an enzyme supplement could be supportive for your pancreas and the impending inflammation. Here in Germany there's a product available without prescription for such situation that has the enzymes of various fruits such as the papaya, fig and pineapple in acid-resistant capsules so it won't be damaged by the stomach acids and is able to be transported and processed where it is actually needed in the body, as it is said that thus the amount that is required in certain specific health situations is supplied, which often cannot be ingested by eating the fruits themselves in the amounts necessary due to the acids breaking the enzymes down too early. Though, suggested to ask your practitioner to be sure.

Otherwise it sounds like you have a good plan with what Eleonora said and with the diet of lots of vegetables.

Looking forward to reading from you and what you see and understand from writing your self-forgiveness!
sandymac

Post by sandymac »

Hi Nick

There is much cool support for you here already. I too experienced much self-judgement for taking prescribed and non-prescribed medication/substances because of psychosis, so I would just add:
look at the self-judgement and then allow other mind layers (as Eleonora mentioned) to open up, so to investigate and then apply self-forgiveness like: judging others, blame, self-blame, inferiority, worry, regret-as in carrying the past with you, FEAR-needing to control -so obsessing things/people.
Within this, you ask yourself 'why', why did I think that /feel that? This will assist you to get to the root cause of the issue, so to face it /change it and eventually be free of it! Of course we need to live the change, so be patient but diligent with yourself, like notice when you go into a pattern of blame/judgement but don't criticize yourself, just simply see it and stop/breathe/quick self-forgiveness statement and carry on in physical reality.
Cool you are taking Dip Lite, this will introduce you to these practical, daily use tools.
sylvia

Post by sylvia »

Cool support guys and indeed what's been done is done, we cannot reverse or change the past like magic. The only way is to see/realize/understand what the outflow was/is through SF and Self Corrective Statements and so prevent things from happening again. Which basically means that you've to work with what is here and direct your future by understanding the past.

Return to “Questions about Addictions”