DISCIPLINE

Space to discuss what it means to 'live words' and to share one's process of redefining words
tormod

DISCIPLINE

Post by tormod »

At desteni we are : LIVING WORDS

Check out links: http://wiki.destonians.com/Living_Word

& http://forum.desteni.org/viewforum.php?f=147

Here I am taking on the word: discipline

Current allocation:

I would relate to military and strict rules when I relate this word. I would imagine teachers that yell and shout at me from this word. I would imagine a sergeant in military, yelling and screaming at me to do things according to the rules. I would associate this word with lots of rules and regulations. I would think of physical work in relation to this word. I could need to strive for discipline in my life.

Dictionary Definition (s)

Training to act in accordance with rules; drill: military discipline.

Activity, exercise, or a regimen that develops or improves a skill; training: A daily stint at the typewriter is excellent discipline for a writer.

Punishment inflicted by way of correction and training.

The rigor or training effect of experience, adversity, etc.: the harsh discipline of poverty.

Behavior in accord with rules of conduct; behavior and order maintained by training and control: good discipline in an army.

A set or system of rules and regulations. Ecclesiastical. The system of government regulating the practice of a church as distinguished from its doctrine.

Etymology:

early 13c., “penitential chastisement; punishment,” from Old French discipline (11c.) “discipline, physical punishment; teaching; suffering; martyrdom,” and directly from Latin discipline “instruction given, teaching, learning, knowledge,” also “object of instruction, knowledge, science, military discipline,” from disciples (see disciple (n.))

Sounding of word:

Disciple

The disciple

Led Zeppelin

This is pine

This in bin

Negative polarity: I related to military and also physical punishment with this word.

Positive polarity: It is something to achieve and gain in ones process that could be over all supportive to reach for.

Creative writing: Discipline can be very much a struggle and a strive. Discipline takes strength and determination and will power. Discipline have been occupied from military because of the rules and design within military. The word discipline have been taken into military living because of how one can evolve and adapt to this word. To achieve discipline is like training self in being.

Self forgiveness:

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to link the word discipline to military and by doing that I make myself a victim and thinking there is a sergeant yelling at me “teaching” me discipline.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think that military is the right or wrong place to learn discipline and because of giving military this idea that is good for discipline I feel like I betray myself from giving military this idea because of how I think military is over all a bad and wrong institution.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to link discipline to institutions and to betterment or improvement.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to picture a drill sergeant yelling at me, telling me orders, creating a picture in my head of what discipline is all about.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear discipline from fearing military.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to hate discipline from hating military.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think that military is wrong in its ways only to realize that it is a product of our overall programming and brainwashing.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear to take on discipline out of fear of hurting myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think that discipline is a too hard a chore/task for me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear to take on discipline out of fear of what I might experience.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think that discipline is only a physical experience.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to link discipline to physical working out.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to picture myself stretching my arms out to reach for discipline.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think that discipline is that perfect order within or without of oneself.

Self correction:

When and as I see myself thinking of this word discipline and relating it to military, I stop myself I slow myself down and I breathe. I realize that I associate this word to military because of military firmness and strictness. I realize that I associate this word with military from military codex and obedience, order and authority. I realize that I will take on this work discipline and I will work to end all military and such programming. I commit myself to end all programming and separation, that leads us to think we need a military. I commit myself to teach myself discipline within my everything. I commit myself to take on challenges to live the word discipline within my everyday living. I commit myself to live in and as discipline.

New definition: Discipline is to reach for the perfect order.
tormod

Re: DISCIPLINE

Post by tormod »

I want to add to this more sounding / word play

this i plan

This (discipline) is something i plan - i push through.
So this is something i will do out of having planed it.
tylersr

Post by tylersr »

Tormod,

With the current allocation point it might be cool to explore how you, personally, are now living the word discipline. We all have associations with words in our minds but it can be beneficial to 'look deeper' in assessing for ourselves how we are currently living words. Then its more of a contrast between how we are living them and how we wish to live them within the context of what's best for all as we redefine them.

Thanks for sharing!
tormod

Post by tormod »

Thanks Tyler

to me, this word means "this i plan"
from the sounding of the word that I learned after having written my definition.

so my new definition is simply: "this i plan"

this i plan / discipline to be added/pushed with what is best for all. to be added to my standing of equality and oneness for what is best for all.

so in my everyday life, this would mean to not let myself be directed by reactions and emotions. like in situations where I am challenged and tested, to stand my ground within physicality and within my plan.
to live the principles. to do the extra thing. to do the extra dishes, to clean the extra what ever. to do things to benefit others. to be assisting, here in my camphill village. to do my dip and my blog/vlog, to participate and support others.
tormod

Post by tormod »

My everyday with discipline, is like to not back down, to have given up on the giving up. To work towards my goal and keep pushing in the direction sett. Like to be consistent and to care and have that intimate touch in work.

Like If i plan something to make a list of things to do in order to see that happen. Make a list and plan it well. To simply tell myself on now "lets get on that workout" - you know how much you appreciate it after ! Lets go with the gym clothes ! Like here I have already sett myself within planing to workout more frequent. And to be consistent, to dedicate the time needed, and do it.

I might fall on my face or on my but a few times - but I can get up again, learn, investigate, forgive and continue on.
KasperKwan

Post by KasperKwan »

I would like to share how I live the word discipline.

Discipline is breathing, is persistence. A distinct lack of giving up, tiredness, excitement.

Discipline is getting specific down to absolute detail with myself about myself and my reality.

Discipline is applying what I realize about my life.

Discipline always involve the task at hand. There is no such thing as a multitasking discipline.

Enjoy

Return to “Living Words”