Pride

Space to discuss what it means to 'live words' and to share one's process of redefining words
viktor

Pride

Postby viktor » 29 Jun 2016, 08:01

PRIDE – an interesting word – and something that I have experienced when others have commented and applauded me for work I have done. In those moments I have felt good about myself, and for a moment stopped and looked up, to see what I had been able to create.

I have however realized that this way of living pride is limited – it is not satisfying to rely on others for us to be satisfied with our creations and it can become an addiction to seek the validation of others – where we want them to speak good of us and our creations – and because of that our creations will become corrupted and diminished as we do things to be liked – not as an expression of ourselves.

As such – pride – that is something I must learn to live, apply, and give to myself. I see that pride is something I will accept and allow myself to feel/apply in my life – when and as I have within a certain point of creation in my life pushed myself beyond what I thought was possible – and actually realized my utmost potential – where I aimed for the stars and made it a reality – giving it my all and remaining steadfast in the decision to make each part of my creation the best that it can be.

How have you lived the word pride, and how do you see that it can be redefined and lived in a way that supports you to live your utmost potential?

SunetteSpies

Re: Pride

Postby SunetteSpies » 02 Jul 2016, 15:00

I have found an interesting correlation between Pride as a energy-experience and Insecurity / Self Judgment:

One day, a lady walked by me (Bernard and I at the time was supporting her and her daughter with understanding self forgiveness) after Bernard and I had a long discussion with her and her daughter. As she walked by me, she stopped me for a moment, holding my arm saying "You are AMAZING". The moment happened so fast that I was initially only aware of the PRIDE I was experiencing, feeling proud because of what I had done to assist and support her. Then, as she continued walking by - Bernard just spoke one word with a very specific look, yet in and through that one word I could see everything (he had the knack of doing this very well lol - saying a few simple words or even one word, yet within those few words / one word you KNOW EXACTLY what he's speaking of / saying). He said: "Careful". I was in that moment still in the experience / feeling of pride as my energetic-response to the woman's words.

So, upon investigating the moment - I discovered the following:
I, at the time - was still very much in the throws of walking through my insecure, self judgmental, inferiority personality. This during a time before I started Portalling / the Portal opened. Her words / compliment to me made me FEEL something I never gave to myself: acceptance, recognition, appreciation. The moment she spoke the words, I FELT this warm energy in my chest, my whole body buzzing with a light energy - feeling very much elated, for a moment. This then took me on a journey to see who I am when it comes to compliments and feeling PRIDE - which brought me to realise that the energetic-response to pride was actually experiences coming up within me, WORDS that only exist as a ENERGY-RESPONSE within me and not in and as living application. So, my definition of pride was in fact - me experiencing / feeling recognition, acceptance and appreciation that I only 'got from others' - which is obviously not valid. Within this, seeing the relationship between the energy experience of pride and insecurity / self judgment: other's compliments fulfilled that within me I didn't gift to myself.
Thus, this a point that everyone can look at: to identify and define the ENERGY that comes up within you in that moment of experiencing pride based on another's words. In that definition process, you will discover and uncover WORDS that exist as ENERGY within you that you can transform into LIVING WORDS for and as yourself.

Once I did this - once I started redefining appreciation, acceptance, recognition into living words; I equally so redefined pride for myself where: I take pride in WHO I AM when and as I am assisting and supporting another. Recognizing myself in what I do and how I do it. Appreciating the moment of sharing with myself and so another until the moment is complete / fulfilled into its utmost potential - accepting the ups and downs any conversation / moment / experience may go through but knowing that we'll see it through. Here, PRIDE - being proud of yourself becomes an REAL TIME EXPERIENCE that you walk in REAL TIME. It doesn't become a FEELING you get AFTER you have done something that gets triggered by another person's words / comments / compliments.

So, pride shouldn't be a feeling you get after the fact / after doing something from someone else's words: it should be a living experience, from the beginning of a moment to the end - being as self honest, aware and forgiving as possible, learning about yourself, others and from others - making the moment EQUAL for all involved. Therefore, I'd look at how to redefine PRIDE in a way where it is personal to and for you - so that when you receive compliments, for example - you realise it's another person simply sharing THEIR EXPERIENCE of you in a moment and doesn't in fact have anything personal to do with you. So, whenever someone compliments me now: I learn more about them and understand more of them - because in their words I see THEIR experience, WHO THEY ARE in that moment.

viktor

Postby viktor » 10 Jul 2016, 23:19

Cool!

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » 09 Oct 2016, 19:33

Very interesting - thanks for sharing both.

Carlton

Postby Carlton » 10 Oct 2016, 20:18

Thanks for sharing.

Return to “Living Words”