COMMITMENT

Space to discuss what it means to 'live words' and to share one's process of redefining words
tormod

COMMITMENT

Post by tormod »

COMMITMENT

Current allocation:
I would think of commitment as something very serious and time taking something craving my energies. I would associate commitment to something I have to stand up for and be serious about. I relate very mush the word "serious" to this word commitment. I also relate to this word to take a part, to participate and be a co player. I related to this word to be a buddy and a honest partaker. To belong and to be active.

Dictionary definition:
the act of committing.

the state of being committed.

the act of committing, pledging, or engaging oneself.

a pledge or promise; obligation:
We have made a commitment to pay our bills on time.

engagement; involvement:
They have a sincere commitment to religion.

perpetration or commission, as of a crime.

consignment, as to prison.

Etymology:
1610s, "action of officially consigning to the custody of the state," from commit + -ment. (Anglo-French had commettement.) Meaning "the committing of oneself, pledge, promise" is attested from 1793; hence, "an obligation, an engagement" (1864).

Sounding of word:
kom hit litt - norwegian (come over here for a while)
kom sitt litt - norwegian (come sit here abit)
comment made

Polarity
negative:
There would be some hidden fear within this word, form taking it "to" serious. So I would fear this word, from taking it to serious.
positive:
It is a word of trust and stability, it holds great strength to me. I feel "home" with this word. I feel "here".

Creative writing:
Many times have I committed to something, and I will continue committing to what I find important to commit to and to stand by. I use this word often and I would need to have a open and free relationship to it.

Self forgiveness:
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to relate the word serious to the word commitment and to have a tense relationship to the word commitment.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel like a drag and like have to do this pulling through of chores and obligation in relating to this word.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel like this word is pulling me down with chores/details.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear to commit out of fear of "having to do something".

Self commitment statement:
When and as I see myself fearing to commit or fearing to take it sooooo serious to commit to something , and I feel like everything is a heavy chore. I stop myself, I slow myself down and I breathe. I realize that it might seem funny to write a commitment about commitment. I realize that I should have a open and free relationship to commitment. I commit myself to open up on any tenacity or anxiety that I might feel in relationship to commitment. I commit myself to have a open and fair and honest relationship to my world and my living and also my commitments.

New definition of word:
Commitment is that standing or staying and being stabile to ones principles and ones living. Commitment is like honesty, and to be directive.

Return to “Living Words”