FRESH

Space to discuss what it means to 'live words' and to share one's process of redefining words
tormod

FRESH

Post by tormod »

FRESH

Living words: FRESH

Current allocation: I would imagine poop that have just left my body. I would imagine salad and fresh fruits also. I would think of students starting school. A fresh news paper. Things brought to me for my enjoyment. Things that are new. I would imagine things appearing in front of my eyes or senses for me to experience to embrace.
Dictionary definition: .
newly made or obtained:
fresh footprints.

recently arrived; just come:
fresh from school.

new; not previously known, met with, etc.; novel:
to uncover fresh facts; to seek fresh experiences.

additional or further:
fresh supplies.

not salty, as water.

retaining the original properties unimpaired; not stale or spoiled:
Is the milk still fresh?

not preserved by freezing, canning, pickling, salting, drying, etc.:

Etymology:
c. 1200, fresh, also fresh, "unsalted; pure; sweet; eager;" the modern form is a metathesis of Old English fersc, of water, "not salt, unsalted," itself transposed from Proto-Germanic *friskaz (cognates: Old Frisian fersk, Middle Dutch versch, Dutch vers, Old High German frisc, German frisch "fresh"). Probably cognate with Old Church Slavonic presinu "fresh," Lithuanian preskas "sweet."

Sounding of the word:
stash
bæsj (poop in Norwegian)
asj ("crap" in Norwegian)
mesh
smash
trash
Polarity of word:
negative: I would feel shame for associating poop Norwegian (bæsj) to this word. It would be like I was looking at fresh foods to by, and thinking of this word poop... very inconvenient. I would feel bad for this association.
positive: I would like to modernize my relationship to this word, I like to have fresh vegetables and fruits.

Creative writing:
What is fresh ? fresh salad ? a salad need's poop to grow. At least animal poop... like if that is better than human poop... so why be afraid of the word poop (?) for further investigation.... A salad or a carrot, lettuce, berries, wheat, corn, beans etc all need poop and nutritious soil to grow. So what is fresh is then taken from that circle of life. That circle of restoring to soil, being sucked up into a plant and round and round you go... The fresh part is the harvest part. The work one does with colleting vegetables and food for ones table.

Self forgiveness:
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to relate the word fresh to the word "bæsj" and within this I would feel bad and sorry for myself and how I relate to poop and thinking that it is poop that is fresh.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to deny that poop can be fresh.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think I know what is fresh and what is not fresh.

New definition: Fresh is that harvest and serving of something to be sensed and experienced on a basis of what is "new" to the one experiencing it. Fresh is a new experience.

Return to “Living Words”