CURRENT

Space to discuss what it means to 'live words' and to share one's process of redefining words
tormod

CURRENT

Post by tormod »

Living words : current

Current allocation: current to me means more than one thing. first i would think of water like a river flowing with water. or the current or flow through the electric and signal cables of the world. current is also like present. in the moment. what is the current idea of the labor party etc. also I would soon relate to the word "currency" - how liquids flow and move - like money.

From the dictionary:
belonging to the present time; happening or being used or done now.
a body of water or air moving in a definite direction, especially through a surrounding body of water or air in which there is less movement.
a flow of electricity which results from the ordered directional movement of electrically charged particles.

From etymology:
current (n.)
late 14c., from Middle French corant (Modern French courant), from Old French corant (see current (adj.)). Applied 1747 to the flow of electrical force.
current (adj.)
c. 1300, "running, flowing," from Old French corant "running, lively, eager, swift," present participle of corre "to run," from Latin currere "to run, move quickly" (of persons or things), from PIE *kers- "to run" (source also of Greek -khouros "running," Lithuanian karsiu "go quickly," Old Norse horskr "swift," Old Irish and Middle Welsh carr "cart, wagon," Breton karr "chariot," Welsh carrog "torrent"). Meaning "prevalent, generally accepted" is from 1560s.

Sounding of word:
curling
currency
curry
hurry

Polarity:
positive: currency/money is good to have. also electricity and a definition of what is what : like clarity is also nice
negative: I would think that this is like a word for the spin doctors to use to alter the opinion of the masses to deceive and manipulate people.

Creative writing: currently I am writing about current. current is like a option to chose ones definition of situation. current is like to define ones situation and presence.

Self forgiveness:

New definition: current is to define ones drive, principles, standing or situation.

Return to “Living Words”