FLEXIBLE

Space to discuss what it means to 'live words' and to share one's process of redefining words
tormod

FLEXIBLE

Post by tormod »

Living words: Flexible
Current allocation: I would think of this word with relations to movement. To a specific process of action. Something is moving and changing shape.

From the dictionary:
capable of bending easily without breaking.

Etymology:
early 15c., "capable of being bent; mentally or spiritually pliant," from Middle French flexible or directly from Latin flexibilis "that may be bent, pliant, flexible, yielding;" figuratively "tractable, inconstant," from flex-, past participle stem of flectere "to bend," which is of uncertain origin. Flexile (1630s) and flexive (1620s) have become rare. Related: Flexibly. Coles' dictionary (1717) has flexiloquent "speaking words of doubtful or double meaning."

Sounding of word:
Få se eksen din (lett me see your ex girlfriend)
Fleski (nick name)
reflexi i bibelen

Polarity
Positive: it proves the quality of a product. if something is flexible it proves the quality of a product
Negative: I would fear to be flexible out of fear of braking something. i would fear the physical work within me being flexible, i would fear pain in my muscles in proving flexible.

Creative writing: It is like a daring question to me. to dare to be flexible to try it out; not have fear for breaking something.
New definition: checking the quality of a product, testing a detail if it is bendable .
tormod

Re: FLEXIBLE

Post by tormod »

I would like to add something new to the definition of this word:

New definition: How alterable and how much up for change a detail/being is. How easy it is to add, create and sustain movement and creation/change/flow in/with a detail/being.
Garbrielle

Re: FLEXIBLE

Post by Garbrielle »

Thanks for sharing this Tormod.

Return to “Living Words”