HAPPINESS

Space to discuss what it means to 'live words' and to share one's process of redefining words
tormod

HAPPINESS

Post by tormod »

Living words: Happiness
Current allocation: I think of things that are glad, amusing and funn...enjoyment, smiling and laughing. enjoyment often togther.

Dictionary definition:
the quality or state of being happy.
good fortune; pleasure; contentment; joy.

Etymology:
1520s, "good fortune," from happy + -ness. Meaning "pleasant and contented mental state" is from 1590s. Phrase greatest happiness for the greatest number was in Francis Hutcheson (1725) but later was associated with Bentham.
Sounding of words:
have pee on my next
half e a pie to my best
happ a lies

Polarity:
Negative: Happiness is like there is always a downside to it. there is always the dark/the negative to the more positive positive.
Positive: Happiness is just straight through a fun and cool / amusing word. It is a state of being that everyone likes. everyone likes a laugh.

Creative writing: Happiness is like naive thinking this is heaven and there is no hell - neither consequences - though that is how it should be for all to enjoy without abuse/lies.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to limit myself to just one definition of this word thinking it has lots of secrets and dimensions that I do not know of.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to judge happy people as naive.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think that happy people are fake.

New definition: Happiness is enjoyment and to feel empowered and to appreciate self through expression.

Return to “Living Words”