AFFIRMATION

Space to discuss what it means to 'live words' and to share one's process of redefining words
tormod

AFFIRMATION

Postby tormod » 22 Feb 2017, 17:15

Living words: AFFIRMATION

Current allocation: hardly any relation to this word. I would perhaps think of it a confirmation, verification of something.

Dictionary definition:
agreeing with or consenting to a statement or request
"an affirmative answer
stating that a fact is so; making an assertion
"affirmative sentences
(of a vote) expressing approval or agreement
relating to or denoting proposed legislation which must receive a parliamentary vote in its favour before it can come into force
offering emotional support
a statement of agreement with or consent to an assertion or request
a word used in making assertions or to express consen
a statement asserting that something is true of the subject of a proposition.a position of agreement or confirmation
expressing agreement with or consent to a statement or request; yes.

Etymology:
early 15c., "assertion that something is true," from Old French afermacion "confirmation" (14c.), from Latin affirmationem (nominative affirmatio) "an affirmation, solid assurance," noun of action from past participle stem of affirmare "to make steady; strengthen; confirm," from ad "to" (see ad-) + firmare "strengthen, make firm," from firmus "strong" (see firm (adj.)). In law, as the word for the conscientious objector alternative to oath-taking (Quakers, Moravians, etc.), it is attested from 1690s; if false, it incurs the same penalty as perjury.

Sounding of word:

a fire men shen
I fire on menchen
confirmation
a firm menchen

Polarity
Negative: I would think it is a very abused word because people claim truth and righteousness out of soooo much mind/programming that is lies.
Positive: I think it is a cool word to verify that one can confirm things so that creation/support can take place .

Creative writing: "I was firm standing to hear the sales person to confirm that he was selling insurance." To affirm is to say something that is to the listeners benefit.

New definition: To confirm the support/what is best for all to the listener. To verify a good message.

Return to “Living Words”