Left Shoulder close to the Spine, near the Neck.

Share questions, perspectives and relevant material about Body Support here
jonathan solorio

Left Shoulder close to the Spine, near the Neck.

Post by jonathan solorio »

There is a point within my back. It is on the left side, I think the T-1 to T-4 spots on the spine cover the specific points of pain i'm experiencing.. and then also specific spots elsewhere are on the scapula near the the shoulder, the muscles making up my rotator cuff? This shoulder is interesting as it has always been easy to dislocate and I feel almost like there are muscles missing from it.. or severely undeveloped.. maybe even ligaments that didn't form?
The pain most noticeable is in the spinal points as they go out into my rib and I can feel the tension and pain flowing into the front of my chest along the same rib coming out of the T-1 to T-4 regions.

Here are photos of the back and of the muscles in the scapula i'm talking about:
Spine: https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/3780633_f496.jpg
Scapula/Rotator Cuff Muscles: https://www.shoulderdoc.co.uk/images/up ... tator2.jpg

The muscles in the rotator cuff that hurt specifically are Supraspinatus AND Infraspinatus.

The Spot that is most noticeable on the spine muscles and rib would be T2 or T3 I think..

I read that the Shoulders represent Survival Skills, and the Left side is Internal and Feminine... but I don't know what to do with that information.
Kristina

Re: Left Shoulder close to the Spine, near the Neck.

Post by Kristina »

Hey Jonathan!

For me when I'm working specifically with the body in terms of pains, or aches I look at a couple things. First I look at the reaction I had to the pain. For instance, once while at work my knee all of a sudden like went weak on me, and I found it quite painful. I started having reactions about not being able to work (since I'm on my feet/legs at work), and what I would do if I couldn't work/many money. I had reactions of fear in relation to future/work/money. So for me, after investigating this reaction/fear I found there was a point of being able to 'stand on my own two feet' in relation to money that was requiring my attention/direction.

So that is one place to start when working with pains in the physically body - who are you within/as the pain?

Then I look at like any perspective from the forum, like you have here, as certain body parts representing specific things. I just look at what the perspective is in terms of what the specific area represents, and see what comes up within me when reading it... like does a memory come up? can you relate to it in any way? Is there something about surviving in this world you are suppressing, or not directing within your mind?

Maybe start with that, and see what you get. And share what you find!
jonathan solorio

Post by jonathan solorio »

Wanted to report back that the point has alleviated quite significantly in terms of pain but I see multiple things in relationship since the pain dissipating. I did not sit down with this point in writing but based on what this shoulder point means in the material, I wanted to share what I saw that all connects to pain being present in this area.

Physically, I have slept on the left side frequently and when I saw a chiropractor last year he pointed out I have a drop in the left side of my body, so my shoulders are not level.. I lean to the left basically. I can see this is a result of sleeping on one side for so long I have offset my alignment, tightening my right side and keeping my left side always stretched. With my neck kinked to the side, this doesn't help.
Another physical injury point is early last year I was lifting weights and using improper form which resulted in a pinch in the upper left side of my back near my spine. This has taken a while to heal. I then also fell hard on my longboard and gave my self more problems. With this I can see that I have stacked up physical consequences where I need to be diligent in my recovery, health, and safety.
I have been stretching consistently for some months now and that has helped me drastically. In this time frame, posture correction exercises and yoga are also helping me remain in good health and recover from physical damages.

What I realized in my writing one day though, is that I have been living in a state of uncertainty or doubt about if I will be able to do this. All of this. I have made a lot of life changes since last year and it is hard for me to believe I am here sometimes. I have fallen before when going to change my self and my life but this time I have come much further and can see the ability within me to keep this up for many more days to come. However, I still have this disbelief, doubt, fear, and somewhat of a "paranoia" about like "okay when am I going to fuck up? how will I face it? can I face it this time?". Like I don't trust my self enough to make it without being alert to everything going on within me and around me, all I count on is work work work work and push push push push... that's what I see as having brought me here and I have this "survival" point definitely driving me. I want this new me to survive and last.
Maite

Post by Maite »

Hey Johnathan,
Physically, I have slept on the left side frequently and when I saw a chiropractor last year he pointed out I have a drop in the left side of my body, so my shoulders are not level.. I lean to the left basically. I can see this is a result of sleeping on one side for so long I have offset my alignment, tightening my right side and keeping my left side always stretched. With my neck kinked to the side, this doesn't help.
I have observed this posture you describe particularly in individuals who are struggling with trusting themselves. Where, the lack of self-trust leads a person into a state of being 'on guard' almost (the tight right side) when moving around in your world, for anything that might suddenly be happening to trigger a reaction or challenge you in some way, and the left side almost 'hanging limp' in not trusting one's self-expression. With you also having identified the point of self-trust, the experience of paranoia as well as the experience of being in a state of survival - I would definitely open this point up more in your writing so that you can prepare the way before you to learn to stand tall - head straight, able to face yourself and your reality head on - shoulders relaxed, yet present, on either side - living the statement 'I am here, I trust myself'.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Maite wrote:learn to stand tall - head straight, able to face yourself and your reality head on - shoulders relaxed, yet present, on either side - living the statement 'I am here, I trust myself'.
cool perspective!

Thanks for this thread.
TimothySnack

Left Shoulder close to the Spine near the Neck

Post by TimothySnack »

Most places that Ive looked offer the right, but Ive only seen the partial for the left. Including NPD Do you know where to find the left?

Return to “Body Support”