Oil Pulling - Whitening Teeth & Skin?

Share questions, perspectives and relevant material about Body Support here
Fred cheung

Oil Pulling - Whitening Teeth & Skin?

Postby Fred cheung » 19 Mar 2015, 00:51

Hi all,

I was listening to the radio and found this ancient India detoxicating method called Oil Pulling. I have tested on myself for 3 days and found it works on me. Most obvious effect is the skin and teeth become whiter and body feels more comfortable.

If anyone has perspectives on Oil Pulling please share with us, it's a very cheap way of detoxicating your body. For details, please Google:
Oil Pulling.

Thank you.

Bastian Neumann

Re: Oil Pulling - Whitening Teeth & Skin?

Postby Bastian Neumann » 19 Mar 2015, 09:55

Hi Fred!
I started testing it myself a week ago. I have always had problems with my teeth and I never had snow white teeth, except my baby teeth perhaps. I didn't start testing to get whiter teeth, actually I oppose this trend of all people must have blinding white teeth, I wanted to avoid toothpaste. My experience is, that it cleans the mouth cavity and teeth quite well, it gives a fresh feeling and if it really detoxicates it is a cool thing. After pulling I brush my teeth with water only and it works fine for me so far. The only thing however that gave me "whiter" teeth when I used it was whitening toothpaste so far.
How long do you pull oil? I read different articles in some they say you should do it at least twenty minutes...

Bastian

Fred cheung

Postby Fred cheung » 19 Mar 2015, 16:42

Hi Bastian,

I pull it for 15 mins. Did you pull it every morning? I wish I could upload some pictures showing my skin has become whiter and teeth too. Before, the skin whitening effect can only be achieved through drinking diluted Hydrogen Peroxide, which taste awfully bad and have to left my stomach empty for an hour in the morning - doesn't feel good at all. Comparing to Oil Pulling, it's much more comfortable and only takes 15mins, I am pulling at this moment for the forth day. As far as I observed, definitely makes your skin whiter, for the teeth, my mom said it's whiter too but I guess it depends on how yellow your teeth is.

Leila

Postby Leila » 19 Mar 2015, 21:20

I've also been playing with oil pulling lately after one of my molars got a bit sensitive, and I must say that after a few days my sensitivity was quite decreased. I haven't done it long enough yet to be able to give an elaborate report, so will check in again in a while.
With my 16 month old, I use coconut oil instead of toothpaste to brush his teeth.

Michelle

Postby Michelle » 21 Mar 2015, 12:39

Hi Fred,

I did Oil Pulling a few months ago every morning before eating/drinking anything on a consistent basis, but then stopped (and would like to get back on it again!) One of the things I really like about it is how clean my mouth feels after doing it. Also, I do recommend to invest in a tongue scraper, so after you oil pull, you rinse your mouth (salt water is preferable) and then scrape your tongue so the accumulated bacteria and toxins can go. Then brush your teeth. This is what I have done, and have noticed my teeth had become whiter, but overall I enjoy oil pulling because of how good it feels after doing it!

Fred cheung

Postby Fred cheung » 21 Mar 2015, 16:59

Hi all,

Thanks for your input! I am surprised that so many Destonians have already tried/still using Oil Pulling. So far(it's been my 5th day) it's easy and does show whiter on my skin and teeth. I inherit from my father's gene that I have a weak liver, I can say my skin and teeth have never been this white :)

Also suggest new users to buy a timer. It's convenient to time 15mins and go do other stuff in the morning. I also found that I am quite hungry after the pulling.

Garbrielle

Postby Garbrielle » 22 Mar 2015, 17:33

Yes, I also have done oil pulling and found the same results, whiter teeth and a sense of cleanliness throughout my mouth, like a refreshment once it's complete. I also implemented it in the mornings when i did some writing when i first woke up and i find this is the most effective way as it creates a space and time to do it, making it part of my morning routine. Otherwise if it's not part of my schedule i find i forget and it get's lost. I am going to be adding this back into my schedule in the mornings as i have stopped oil pulling for some time now. Thanks all for sharing and the reminder to get back to doing this.

viktor

Postby viktor » 14 Jun 2015, 23:37

Cool,

Any updates on the point? What has come out of it when using it for a longer period of time?

dojer

Postby dojer » 16 Jun 2015, 09:16

I would prefer to consult a professional dentist before you make any attempts on your teeth. I usually do the teeth whitening process in the dental clinic in Burlington. There could be nothing more perfect than a dentist does professionally.

Eleonora

Postby Eleonora » 16 Jun 2015, 17:50

Oil pulling is an ancient practice to keep teeth and gums healthy. It's cheap and effective, it just requires some time and consistency
There are no contraindications and it's not damaging to either, unlike teeth whitening, which I have done just once, found very painful and wondered afterward if it was worthy to make my teeth more sensitive for a while - as in thinner or with a thinner enamel layer- for something that didn't prove to be a beneficial treatment in any way but just an aesthetic one. I came to the conclusion that teeth whitening wasn't worth it, have been too lazy to apply the oil pulling practice effectively, but will try to give it another go and report afterward.

Return to “Body Support”