Tiredness in morning

Share questions, perspectives and relevant material about Body Support here
viktor

Tiredness in morning

Postby viktor » 14 Jun 2015, 23:50

Hi guys,

I've been having this experience of being low-key, and sluggish as I wake up in the morning – it usually takes me some 30 minutes to wake up and be fully "here" – I've considered whether this might be age-related – and that as you grow older, the waking up process will be affected and become slower.

Has anyone had any experiences with this? Are there possibly any nutrients that are directly related to the experience of waking up in the morning?

christine

Re: Tiredness in morning

Postby christine » 16 Jun 2015, 19:06

Hi Viktor,

Is there something that you've suppressed that you do not want to look at, as in 'facing the day'? Because getting 'older' does not mean that you have a harder time waking up in the morning. I actually find most 'older' people sleep less and are early risers, unless they are heavily medicated, which is another ball of wax, so to speak.

So, let us know....

And I had a chuckle with your statement of 'age-related, growing older', because, from my perspective, you are so young!

Michelle

Postby Michelle » 17 Jun 2015, 06:46

I've had the experience of feeling very sluggish when I consume something last night that takes a long time for my body to process it, like I either drank a lot of coffee/caffeine or I ate junk food or heavy processed foods. So it's like the chemicals in what I consume is ''too much'' for the body and so the body needs a lot of time to get rid of it, which contributes to feeling sluggish and not feeling ''ready to go/start the day.'' Also when I have seasonal allergies I feel very sluggish in the mornings, and sometimes throughout the day. So for me it's when the body is taking longer in processing things in the body internally.

To ''kick start'' your mornings, I've read lemon with warm water is cool support.

PaulQuessy

Postby PaulQuessy » 17 Jun 2015, 13:32

I go through this as well. What I have been taking a look at is a decision to get up - meaning that when/as I wake up before my alarm and I am `ready` to get up for the day I make a decision within myself to get up and I stand within that decision - within this it does not take me long to `wake up`, about 5 min or so, but when I am not `ready` to get up for the day and I have to kinda force myself to get out of bed then it becomes difficult to wake up because I don't exactly want to be here.

So here what I have been looking at are fears, projections, and ideas about the coming day or general fears about starting a day because within not wanting to make that initial decision to be here breathe and get up ready and willing signals that there is usually a fear coming up or a resistance of some sort based on a fear.

Take a look at those point Viktors - they may be relevant

Luc St-Amand

Postby Luc St-Amand » 17 Jun 2015, 13:38

Probably irrelevant but I felt that way when I was smoking weed.

I now support my body with raw vegetables and lots of fruits. I found a noticeable difference in waking up, of course there is that factor of sleeping in when your body has woken, this does make me feel sluggish when I do decide to wake up.

Garbrielle

Postby Garbrielle » 18 Jun 2015, 17:24

Very cool support here thanks for sharing all. I too have had issues with sleep and waking up in the mornings. I did not consider the factor of eating at night and how the body has to digest the food causing the body to be in flux during sleep when it should be resting/healing. I am soon going to be starting a juicing diet where i will only be drinking juices for three months and there is a strict protocol for intake of food (juice) as well as the routines in the morning and at night. So I am looking forward to walking this process to stabilize my physical body and give it the correct sustenance and care to bring it to a balance. When the body is in balance and you do your best throughout the day through your work schedule as well as doing physical exercise, this has supported me with restful sleep and waking up when I open my eyes because I am doing my best and self honestly I know this.

Though, I can also relate to the mind patterns and allowing these to overwhelm or bog me down especially when waking up if I have not effectively directed the points in self forgiveness throughout the day. Resistance causes such mind patterns to keep me awake at night as well as drowsy and not wanting to get up in the morning. So here I ensure i look at the points as soon as possible and deal with them as well as push real time application of sf and scs and self change throughout my day so I deal with the points that come up as they come up and don't allow them to sit and accumulate. So self direction has been key to move myself in these moments which also incorporates self discipline, giving me the ability to move through these sleep compromising patterns and start directing myself from the get go. It's been an up and down process, so I still am not satisfied with my application within sleep. I will report back as I walk the juice diet and see how it effects my sleeping patterns on a physical level and mind level. Thanks.

viktor

Postby viktor » 20 Jun 2015, 19:17

Cool thanks for the support,

lol Christine – yes I am still young.

I will take a look at all of these points you've mentioned – intuitively I feel that this has something to do with my real-time application the day before – and that the grogginess I experience is a consequence of me not immediately dealing with the experiences/points arising within me throughout my day.

Will also try out the lemon in the morning suggestion Michelle.

If there are any updates, and something I've found useful in this process, I will report back.

Michelle

Postby Michelle » 24 Jun 2015, 07:47

Thanks for the update Viktor! You know yourself best...

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 25 Jun 2015, 20:53

Cool Viktor

What has been supportive for myself these past month is - because of having to change my walking-routine schedule - then I wake up and immediately know what I will be doing to start the day, which is going out for a walk. So I would also suggest considering along with the points you've identified, trying out doing something every morning as part of your routine, and this is like a point of immediate direction that one knows if one 'sleeps through' then one will miss out doing that as well. It assists with creating a discipline for things and yep, even a person that experiences similar things to you and might not 'want to go for a walk' has seen how once that thought is 'walked through' and you get yourself going, it does become enjoyable after starting to walk - might be a process to get to that of course, doesn't happen 'right away' - but it is a starting point, as one is not giving 'space' for the mind limitation and creating ideas about 'how the day will be' or 'what you don't want to do' - rather walk those through writing, self forgiveness and so focus on the directives in your day, which doesn't necessarily have to be 'doing something physical' though in my case this has mostly been the case for me to pull myself out of bed - either 'stretching' as you know or now going walking/jogging in the morning

So, it would be cool if you keep sharing with us how your personal research on this goes!

and Thanks for sharing!

viktor

Postby viktor » 27 Jun 2015, 19:13

Cool point Marlen,

I will add this in as well as a part of my support-structure. I remember that it was very supportive for me to have the horses to care for when I woke up during my visits to the Desteni farm. I can incorporate something similar in my current life – where I for example get up and do some physical labor outside.

I will experiment and see what works the best for me – and I do know that walks have been very supportive for me in the past for me to stabilize and get up in the morning.

Return to “Body Support”