Lack of appetite

Share questions, perspectives and relevant material about Body Support here
viktor

Re: Lack of appetite

Postby viktor » 05 Jul 2015, 18:57

Nice Ida,

You could also use this point of having 'no appetite' to investigate what foods supports and nourishes your physical body – and then change the starting point of eating from taste to nourishment. Making your focus that the food is effective for your physical body – trying what dishes works the best for you.

Michelle

Postby Michelle » 08 Jul 2015, 10:47

Keep us updated Ida!!!

Iða Brá

Postby Iða Brá » 09 Jul 2015, 04:55

Viktor wrote:
You could also use this point of having 'no appetite' to investigate what foods supports and nourishes your physical body – and then change the starting point of eating from taste to nourishment. Making your focus that the food is effective for your physical body – trying what dishes works the best for you.

Yes totally. I would say that through this time of not having appetite I see it as that is what naturally is happening. No other choice. Because I can/want to only/mostly eat foods that support me. Other foods I have a feeling of wanting to through up (except some sweets).
So I would not say that I have been unconsciously eating from what my taste/mind wants because I/my body just seem to very strongly say no to it, and therefore I have not wanted to eat it. And that is what I have been listening to. So the problem could be, I used to eat according to a programmed food list within my mind of regular foods that I am used to, and have not yet properly programmed in a new list of foods that I know are supportive for me, which would help me to be more aware and understand immediately what it is my body wants. Instead I have been searching through my old programmed list within my mind and feel no appetite for almost any of them.
And the regular food that mostly are available at home do not support my body, and thus create the perception of me not having appetite for 'anything in particular'. So I see that it is not totally true, I do have appetite for that which my body requires as how I have experienced it. Because if, for instance, I go in to a grocery store, when I feel hungry, where there is a lot to choose from, or if there are a lot of things to choose from in the kitchen, and I unconditionally just let my body direct me to choose, I do feel what it is my body wants me to eat. And then I go for that, and do experience often how it gives me energy back. While if I force myself to eat something that my body is not asking for, maybe that it is the only thing that is available, I want to through up physically (or an imagined experience only by thinking/considering eating it), or I become really tired, or feel heavy and bloated.

Things are becoming clearer.
Basically, this is also the answer that came up within me to Marlens comment.

Marlen wrote:
With this I mean that even the 'likeness' for certain foods can be fueled by the mind, example a craving for sugars will usually only give food to the mind as I've tested out one can get quite emotional and so forth with it if one is in such mindset - so see where is it that you are not the directive principle in Feeding yourself/feeding your body with what it requires to function properly - and so this means at the same time: spotting where is it that in the mind you are neglecting yourself on this, where you are denying yourself this support, and so the next question is: why would you deny yourself such support?
So what I see is that I can take it a step further and actually have more of the foods that I already know/experience as supportive for me available in my kitchen.
What I see here the reason for it not having worked out before is that I share a kitchen with others, and it is often over full but not with the stuff that I require, and the stuff I buy, others eat. So now for me to take the steps to make my own kitchen in my own place as I have the possibility to do that, where I have it better organized, a better view and focus and only things that I have bought for myself. In this way getting to know better what foods that are good for me and having them available.

I have been eating a lot more during the last couple of days. Forgotten to drink enough water though. But sins the mind stuff has opened up and I am walking through them I feel the the mind stiffness releasing along with bodily stiffness and more of a flow within my body and in turn it opens up for more nourishment.

Today I got some prebiotic/probiotic supplement and will see how that goes. :)

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 09 Jul 2015, 06:46

Definitely keep us posted, I agree - take care, Ida!

viktor

Postby viktor » 15 Jul 2015, 18:49

Cool to hear Ida

Iða Brá

Postby Iða Brá » 26 Oct 2015, 06:41

Now I wanted to share where I am at within this.
I have gotten my appetite back for the most part and I do not feel much nausea on a day to day basis.
I decided to allow myself to eat what it is I feel like eating, without judgements. Meaning I would eat for instance chips if that was what I felt like eating even though I have had ideas about it being unhealthy, so letting go of the idea and enjoying what I eat no matter what it is. And so by allowing myself that and eating whatever my appetite was willing to go for, my appetite started to expand to where I was able to eat more and more types of foods.
So I have gained some wight and come to a more of a stability. Also letting go to some extent of my patterns of feeling useless, being hard on myself/judging myself and in turn reduced anxiety, has done a lot. I have brought myself to be more at ease with/within/as myself/my mind, accepting and enjoying myself more. So that also played a major part.

Now, what is still going on.. is the lump in my throat that I mentioned in the first post.
I sometimes get a bit of acid reflux during the day. And then later in the day or in nighttime before I go to sleep, I get this lump sensation in my throat. The two definitely feel connected. I feel like I just want to swallow the lump and I swallow and swallow but it does not want to go away.
I think there is also a bit of sinus infection that connects to this. Not sure.
Would like to hear if someone has an idea of a mind relationship to this lump and acid reflux.

I also seem to have gotten an ear infection. Something that I have had a small sensation of for a long time but that has become more prominent at times. I have taken antibiotics twice before because of it when it got bad but it always seem to be lingering.

My right side sternocleidomastoid muscles in the throat are very stiff witch I think has contributed to the ear infection. So basically I create a stiff muscles that inhibits the flow of the immune system so that it becomes ineffective and thus inflammation is prone to happen.
And I see a mind relationship there to me stiffening my jaw during the day. The thought patterns that I am aware of here that I am participating in when I notice myself doing it is, within force, pressuring myself to do a perfect job, stressing about it, existing within a constant state of stress (the following is still a clouded awareness that feels like it is somewhere underneath/un-sub-conscious, so not yet obvious) about where I need to be next, all that I have to do and have not been able to get to, all that builds up, all that I want to do, and that each and every part has to be 'NO LESS THAN PERFECT!' and judging myself hard for not having that in place, projecting in to the future and creating a huge mountain that I think I need to overstep with force.
So basically at war with myself and all my tasks, the weapon being the beliefs/expectations of how they should be done. Tensing myself up in sort of a mindset of 'I have to get this done and it has to be no less then perfect' and then not really enjoying it and not being at ease within myself. And here, just a side note, this is the Right side that I am having trouble with and I definitely experience this as very male orientated thoughts/energies that I am dealing with/having conflict with.

So this also could be relating to the other point of lack of appetite and uselessness but now opening up the next step/dimension to deal with.

Any thoughts to this? Any points of expansion?
Especially the Lump and Acid Reflux because that is still very much a mystery to me.

viktor

Postby viktor » 30 Oct 2015, 22:50

A lump in the throat could be related to self-suppression when it comes to speaking/voicing yourself.

The acid reflux is more difficult to see what it could be – though in looking at what the stomach is – storage space of food/information - and that acid moves from this point of storage up into the throat area - it could maybe indicate here as well - that there are things not being voiced/expressed – or emotions not being dealt with.

Then looking at the word re-flux – it implies something coming back again - meaning - it first goes down and then comes up again – yet it is not directed. So, here as well, this could maybe indicate that there are points not being directed - that come up for you often and that circle – timeloop – with no correction.

If you have difficulty to ascertain how these conditions are created I suggest that you invest in a interview with Sunette on Eqafe – then you'll get an inter-dimensional perspective on the point.

Return to “Body Support”