Super Brain Yoga

Share questions, perspectives and relevant material about Body Support here
MartijndeGraaf

Super Brain Yoga

Postby MartijndeGraaf » 31 Oct 2015, 17:48

Hi, does anyone has experience with Super Brain Yoga, an "ancient practice from India that improves brain function and mental stability. it is especially great for children who have temper tantrums or anxiety as it release their tension." Here's an example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlVlckwjv5A

mike1234

Re: Super Brain Yoga

Postby mike1234 » 21 Apr 2016, 09:45

Hi, does anyone has experience with Super Brain Yoga, an "ancient practice from India that improves brain function and mental stability.Meditation Mantras it is especially great for children who have temper tantrums or anxiety as it release their tension." Here's an example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlVlckwjv5A

Yes I do Super Brain Yoga regularly about a year ago, now a days I don't have time to do any exercise but I can tell you step by step procedure to do that:

1 Stand up straight with your hands to your side and feet shoulder width apart.
2 Take your left hand and with your thumb and index finger grab your right earlobe.
3 Now take your right hand, in the same way grab your left earlobe.
4 Your arms should now be crossed in front of your chest.
5 Now you are going to perform a leg squat by bending at the knees.
6 As you squat down with your hands still crossed, grasping your earlobes, inhale.
7 As you stand back up, exhale.
8 Repeat this breathing pattern, and continue to do squats for about 5 minutes.

MartijndeGraaf

Postby MartijndeGraaf » 22 Apr 2016, 09:35

Yes, I know how it works, just wondered if anyone had experienced benefits from it.

breathoflife92

Postby breathoflife92 » 06 Jul 2016, 17:41

That exercise is not really as good as a traditional "watch the breath" meditation. Unnecessary if you will, sitting or laying and watching the breath and listening to the sound in your prescience is more effective. Parts I don't like about this video . The repetitive physical force used, and the rapid inhale and exhale will really fuck you up , meaning possible de stabilization that you will have to correct after the exercise. What say you ?

Return to “Body Support”