Breathing Better

Share questions, perspectives and relevant material about Body Support here
Arizona

Breathing Better

Postby Arizona » 11 Feb 2017, 15:55

I was wondering if an exercise exists to help me breathe more easily and "fully". I'm not referring to remembering to breathe more often but that is something I wish to do as a result to this post. I think at my best I'd have no difficulty in breathing so this is not an overall "huge concern" for me. I do have what is called a "concave chest" (Pectus excavatum) and i'm not sure if that's playing a part in my difficulty, probably more a lack of basic exercise. It seems I already know the problem and answers to this but right now its bugging me enough to seek a little support on the subject. Thanks!

CerisePoolman

Re: Breathing Better

Postby CerisePoolman » 12 Feb 2017, 21:30

Hey Arizona,

If you do a quick Google search on "desteni 4 count breath" you'll see some supportive material there to start with for now.

Enjoy.

Arizona

Postby Arizona » 13 Feb 2017, 07:47

The best and only real explanation of the 4 count breath I found after doing a google search is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuGhVZeIu2M , (The 21 Day Breathing Challenge). I actually remember this challenge :D Anyways, the explanation of how to do 4 count breath can be found at exactly 1:30 to 2:10 (1 minute and 30 seconds into the video). Something also worth noting to anyone who happens to read this post, the challenge in this video is extremely difficult, and I don't suggest trying it on a whim. I'm linking this video purely for the brief instruction of the 4 count breath that can be found within it.

I seen Marlen in the comments of this video with a good point: "not to make it a method but rather a point of remaining here as breath."

Side Note: I'm pretty good at google searches.. this is all I could find and i'm sharing it because it was "difficult" to search for.

Leila

Postby Leila » 13 Feb 2017, 19:12

Hey Arizona,

I'd suggest you check out abdominal breathing - this is generally how babies/children breathe. I still have to remind myself often to breathe this way, I've for a long time only used my chest, shallow breathing. I've found that I breathed through my chest and not all the way through my belly for most of my life because of fear and anxiety energies having a constricting effect. Something you can play with / check out.

Return to “Body Support”