Helpful Tips for Self-Writing

tylersr

Helpful Tips for Self-Writing

Post by tylersr »

https://steemit.com/writing/@tylersr/he ... lf-writing

I hope to make this post a resource for those on the 7 Year Journey to Life who are engaging in a process of self-writing as they walk the process out of the mind and into the physical.

While those who are familiar with the process of self-writing in self-corrective application will agree that self-writing works with the mind, it is important to consider the difference between self-writing within self-honesty and what may be described as simply jibberish. Here, we are talking about the ability of the mind to take over and continue to be directive whilst one is writing such that it is not effective in processing patterns, but in effect is a form of self-trickery where the words you are writing are not effective. Thus, it is to avoid the mind working with you while writing.

Rules to Remember

While self-writing is largely a self-exploratory process, if one can learn from my experience (I'm sure corroborated by others) one may avoid falling into the traps of the mind which may unnecessarily limit ourselves in writing.

1. Never write in energy

The nature and function of the mind is essentially: Energy. From an inter-dimensional perspective, the mind siphons energy from the physical body in order to create it's multiple rooms of thoughts, feelings, and emotions we experience daily. While this in itself is undesireable, another aspect of this energy (which consumes us to the point where we express ourselves with and as it), is that we can't actually be effective when in the thick of it. No, when the mind is raring, it takes over and we experience ourselves as it.

It can be tempting to be within backchat and want to go into writing to fix the problem that is most apparent to us within that moment. This usually comes in what we can call reactions-to-reactions. This is where you did (or avoided) something and then are experiencing a reaction of guilt, shame, remorse, pleasure, or jealousy in relation to something. Within such experiences it can feel like it's never going to end.

We learn that by reacting to these reactions we are rarely effective in achieving anything but negative consequences down the line. This is when turn to substances (food, drugs), entertainment (books, movies, shows), and relationships (in the context of hiding within them) to try to deal with these emotions and feelings.

Of course, when we work with writing as part of the Desteni 'I' Process we learn that writing is the most effective tool to gain insight into and deal with aspects of our minds. However, it is easy to start writing while still in the grips of these emotional energetic experiences but much harder to ensure that the words are a pure expression of self-honesty and not written with a polarity bias by judging things as 'good' or 'bad'.

My advice is to ensure you are breathing and check in with oneself before starting a writing session. "Cross-reference" is the word of the day: Can you ensure that each point upon which you write self-forgiveness directly correlates to a point you are actually facing in your reality?

2. Avoid Hyper-Energy

When I first started self-writing, I noticed a tendency of the mind to take over and write within energy. I would get very caught up in whatever point I was writing about in an emotional way. And, while it felt good to rant (in writing or typing, it does not matter), my writing in this state tends to be circular: I cannot stand by each statement I write and thus am not actually living the words: an exercise in futility.

It is important to ensure that you are tackling each point, one at a time, and can cross-reference the point in reality to ensure/guarantee progress.

I noticed that when I am not supporting the body I am more vulnerable to being possessed by energy. Likewise, I through the mind would use certain substances that would affect my ability to properly engage with the writing. Marijuana has a compounding effect on the mind consciousness system. It is more difficult to be effective within self-writing while under the influence of high doses of marijuana. Smaller doses are ok, but the general effect of marijuana is generally to suppress aspects of your mind and so I've experienced it at times being literally impossible to be effective in self-writing, no matter how much slowing down I did. Alcohol is another substance that can corrode the quality of your effectiveness within self-writing. Simply put, there is nothing wrong with getting drunk or high at certain times, but those substances are more conducive to relaxing than they are to focusing on and processing intricate aspects of your mind. As with all substances, use common sense and recommend those that support the body.

3. Write For Yourself

When you are doing self-writing, it is cool because it is a sharing of one's experience with others. This may be cool or interesting to them and it may assist them within their own process. That said, it is very important that you never, ever take on self-writing from the perspective of wanting to appear a certain way or fit the words to achieve some imagined idea you have about what would be best for someone else to read.

It is much more important to be self-honest within your self-writing. If you try to write for your audience, you are likely within a reaction pattern and you are following backchat! Stop! Those thoughts, ideas, and beliefs you have about what to write about or how to write about it are coming from within your mind and directing you within that moment, instead of you directing you. Therefore, not only are you not being effective within your own process of self-change, but the words you are sharing lack authenticity and therefore are less likely to be helpful for another.

There is nothing wrong with trying to correct spelling errors or otherwise occupying oneself with the presentation of the document for others. But just to realize that it is more effective, both for yourself and your readers, if you approach structured self-writing as part of the 7 Year Journey to Life from a self-honesty perspective first. Sharing the writing is meant to be a presentation of the real-time process of self-change as you forgive and then change the words you are living. Only then is it a valuable reference for others walking their own processes.
Anna

Re: Helpful Tips for Self-Writing

Post by Anna »

Thanks for sharing Tyler!
viktor

Post by viktor »

Thanks Tyler!
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

This is great. Thanks Tyler. :D