Who I am as Word and Living of SMILE

Here Sunette will share practical exercise examples for all interested in understanding the process of redefining and living words and self in everyday life. These exercises will serve as a platform for you to explore in everyday life and then use this thread to share feedback and support for others.
SunetteSpies

Who I am as Word and Living of SMILE

Post by SunetteSpies »

All, welcome.
This process is for those interested in specifying their ability to redefine and live words. Those curious about understanding the extent to which you can change with redefining and living words. Those who'd like to explore different methods of changing...The essence of this process is to assist and support those, genuine about assisting and supporting themselves in the process of change.
Each exercise and process with WORDS will be different and unique - depending on the WORD we'll be WALKING.
The exercise will be divided into PARTS. We will walk PART by PART. Please ensure to WALK WITH and not try and jump too far ahead - let's break it down, get to know the basics and master - step by step - the process of redefining and living words.
ENJOY

My SMILE

This exercise will consist of three (3) parts:
PART 1: Defining who I am as I SMILE
In this part of the exercise, you will get to know who you are within your smile. We use our smiles often, yet at the same time take it for granted. Take it for granted, in the sense that we oftentimes MISS how MUCH 'who we are within and/or behind our smiles' actually shows us about ourselves!

PART 2: Redefining who I am as I SMILE
From learning more about yourself within and/or behind a smile - you're going to have a look at where, when and towards whom you tend to unnecessary LIMIT yourself / compromise yourself when it comes to smiling. Also, where your smile / deliberately frown actually shows you something you need to change about yourself - unnecessarily compromising/limiting your relationship with others.

PART 3: Sharing LIVING EXAMPLES of CHANGING your experience in your SMILE
Here, you'll share real time living examples of how you have changed yourself / your experience within a particular situation / relationship with another / moment with yourself. This will serve as an opportunity to really understand what it means to change self in REAL TIME after redefining a word and action into practical living.

Let's all start with PART 1!
What I'd like each to do is to take a few days and observe who you are when you smile. Specifically when it comes to who you are in common / everyday life routine environments, situations and relationships. Here are some questions to prompt your observation investigation:
"Is my smile natural and genuine - meaning, is who I am WITHIN myself in this moment really reflected in my smile?"
"Am I smiling because I am forced to?"
"Am I expressing appreciation, gratefulness, love or fun in my smile? What changes in my smile depending on what I am expressing?"
"Am I smiling at this person, even though I am spiteful, vengeful or angry with them inside myself in this moment?"
Utilise these questions to first start learning and finding out who you are within and as your OWN SMILE!

Enjoy!
SunetteSpies

Re: Who I am as Word and Living of SMILE

Post by SunetteSpies »

Let's all start with PART 1!
What I'd like each to do is to take a few days and observe who you are when you smile. Specifically when it comes to who you are in common / everyday life routine environments, situations and relationships. Here are some questions to prompt your observation investigation:
"Is my smile natural and genuine - meaning, is who I am WITHIN myself in this moment really reflected in my smile?"
"Am I smiling because I am forced to?"
"Am I expressing appreciation, gratefulness, love or fun in my smile? What changes in my smile depending on what I am expressing?"
"Am I smiling at this person, even though I am spiteful, vengeful or angry with them inside myself in this moment?"
Utilise these questions to first start learning and finding out who you are within and as your OWN SMILE!
In my observations the last few days I learned something new about myself within my smile when it came to taking another's perception of me into consideration. I had a moment recently where I met someone new. In the moment of being introduced, I was in a space and experience within myself of being rushed, head busy with many other things, someone else calling me at the same time lol. I was in a whirlwind and equally so in a haste smiled, introduced myself and walked away. I mustered a smile as much as I could, yet - I realized I could have slowed down, taken a breath, been HERE with me and them in this NEW moment. Afterwards continuing with and getting to everything and everyone else NOT PRESENT in that moment. So, this is an interesting observation and will utilize this sharing in my redefining STEP 2 when showing the process of redefining WHO I AM as my SMILE.

Will give all another day to share some interesting moments of observation and reflection when it comes to your SMILE.

Enjoy
tormod

Post by tormod »

Living words smile

part one

I notice that most of my smiles, during a day, bring up a vague energy, meaning I am still at some level living in a more or less dependency to energies. This energy soon attaches itself to a positive polarity. I am reminded of my schizophrenia from this character creation within. So just like the other day, I was walking past a lady, who I barely know. I have only greeted her with a hand - shake once. I smiled quite vide at her lol - sort of greeting her. I said nothing just the smile. I was walking determined on my path through the village. And immediately after I asked myself "what happened within this (smile)" ? and again I saw this pink/orange/skin colored energy, that I soon attached to a polarity. so I try to tell myself that hey, everyone likes a child like smile. it is "normal" - like everyone likes a real smile. But still I take it on like a energy. Or experience it like a energy. But I soon see the whole personality and am sure not to place too much value/time with the energy/polarity. So I see it, (the energy) sort of dismiss it and move on. Perhaps the energy is just my cheeks/face/muscles and I am not digging deep enough(?) But this is where I am at.
Valentin Rozman

Post by Valentin Rozman »

PART 1: Defining who I am as I SMILE

When I go out for a walk at the Drava river bank path almost every single day, there are a lot of people who walk in the opposite direction and pass bye me. While walking even if I am alone, I usually listen Eqafe of other educational audio recordings via my iPad Shuffle however I pay attention that I am aware of my physical body, that I am walking completely relaxed and that I fully enjoy every single breath that I take. This deep enjoyment is thus also reflected on my face that radiates content with a subtle smile where my face in relaxed and my lips are closed. When people who walk in the opposite direction arrive close to me, I look them in the face for a short moment. Many who look back at me notice my gentle smile and smile back.

Occasionally during my walks I also meet girls who some times walk alone and some times they are two or more together. Some of them are also smiling but do not look at my face when they pass bye and some do. And occasionally I find some of them attractive and wonder if they would be a good match for me as a life partner since I am single and am open for a relationship. Such thinking disturbs my relaxed walk and smile on my face since I start to wonder if I should decide to continue to walk, enjoy myself and smile, or should I stop and engage in conversation to find out if any of the girl would like me. However every time so far I have decided that a relaxed walk is my priority and that I would engage in conversation only if any of the girls would be the one who start a conversation.

The second observation of my smile was when I take selfies. Recently I visited a alternative fair where I met some people that I already knew and I asked them if they would want to make a selfie with me and their organisation logo in the background in order to promote their activity on social networks. When I take selfies I hold my iPhone in my right hand, extend it as far as I can, check if the composition is ok and then I take the photo. Every time I make sure that I am smiling when my face is on the selfie so that my mouth is open an teeth are shown. When I observe myself on the photos afterwards I notice how wrinkles and cheeks on my face are very defined, like my face would be out of rubber and I do not find my smile very natural. I guess this is because when I take the selfie my focus is on analysing of all the details of composition of the photo and I so far failed to radiate deep inner joy while taking selfies. Due to camera also being relatively close to my face wile taking selfies a deformation of perspective occurs and I do not like very much how my smile looks on such photos. These are the links to examples of some recent selfies:

Be the change you want to see, practice oneness and equality
Desteni Slovenia | FaceBook | YouTube | Blogger
Leila

Post by Leila »

Part 1
I didn't focus on my smile in particular but did make it a point of awareness in my days. I'd been focusing on slowing down and being present in my touch.
Usually when I am hasty / busy with other things in my head and someone greets me and smiles, I do a quick, small smile - as I am too busy analyzing their facial expression and calculating who / how I must be to avoid as much conflict as possible so I can quickly continue with whatever I am doing.

When I focused on slowing down and being present in my touch - I immediately noticed that this had an effect on my smile as well. Even when I got a complete surprise greet - I noticed my smile was broad and 'took its time' lol. I noticed this, because even as it came out this way quite 'natural' - there was also a bit of panic because I could sense that 'this is not how I usually smile', where I noticed I was stepping out of my usual character as experienced an uncomfortableness in venturing out of it.
Matthew Stone

Post by Matthew Stone »

Part 1

I like my smile I've been experiencing lately. When I look at someone and have this smile on me, it's like, everything is ok and I'm so glad to be beside you...

Another way I smile is a clever smile, like, I just did or said something clever, and I smile to myself or someone else like, wasn't that nice what I did...

I like the way my smile feels when it's real and happening, like everything clears up and who I am and what I'm doing and expressing all comes through in that smile.

I define my smile as a genuine way to guage how I'm doing because when I force a smile I know it, and I know I'm not in that position within myself to be smiling I'm able to tell when I really feel fullfilled and feeling perfect in who I am when I smile for real and genuine.

I feel my smile relating to my stomach.

I define my smile as how I stomach whatever is going on with me, where if I'm in turmoil and stress but can stomach it and still bring the good in me out then I might smile to express that I'm not doing so hot inside but I'm smiling because I'm going to get through this and make things better.
Garbrielle

Post by Garbrielle »

Part 1

I found in my smile, most of the time i was uncomfortable within myself, usually there was a rush sensation moving through me, wanting to escape the interactions with others. This is like an initial sensation, so i find my smile is not at all showing what's going on internally, which is more often fear, stress, and anxiety. Also this is dependent on the person, when i make an effort to stop this fakeness and pull out of the experiences of emotions internally and decide to enjoy myself with these people or whatever, it changes the whole experience of myself. More ease comes through, a calm, and movement to have fun and enjoy myself and others. Also, i become more present within myself, so i move more to the moment and out of my mind in thinking. So it is a cool process to observe as this kind of inner conflict is happening and when we have to smile and greet people, we come face to face with this inner conflict point, and then can practice to be different and better. The smile i don't notice often as it also has become automated so it's also interesting to see how automated i am in my day to day living, its quite something.

Return to “Exercises for Redefining and Living Words with Sunette”