Sharing our Strengths and Self-Trust - 05 July 2017

Marlen

Sharing our Strengths and Self-Trust - 05 July 2017

Postby Marlen » 05 Jul 2017, 23:32

1:56 PM]
marlen set the channel topic: Sharing our Strengths and Self-Trust - We'll start 5 after the hour!

[1:57 PM]
joekou interesting topic

[1:58 PM]
valentin.rozman Hi all :slightly_smiling_face:

[1:58 PM]
miranda Hi

[2:00 PM]
carlton Hello

[2:04 PM]
kims Ohh la la la lets go dancing!

valentin.rozman lol

janmegens Hi

kims Hi all

garbrielle cool topic

hi all

[2:05 PM]
joekou salutations

yoganb Greetings

and Merry Christmas!

marlen shello!

[2:06 PM]
lol that s wasn't intended there, here maybe on behalf of S that can't be here but! I got an interesting topic

marlen set the channel topic: Sharing our Strengths and Self-Trust - Let's start

marlen I’d like us to open up today a look back at ourselves in relation to our strengths and identifying for each one what we consider these are for us

let’s start with first of all looking at what comes up within you when you hear or read about ‘your strengths’? What are those to you in relation to what you’ve walked in this process?

[2:07 PM]
or in any case what are the associations, what words are related to such strengths within you? Share!

lysander Hey everyone

kims My strengths are my tenacity, patience, communication

[2:08 PM]
those are the words that immediately came up Marlen

marlen To me what opened up was precisely the connection to self trust, these are points where I can trust myself in, something that I've walked and know 'where I stand' within it to the point where even if there's 'falls' or 'wavering' I know I can trust myself within it

yoganb Strengths included things I have had this Life. I am very good at writing things out so they are precise and analytical. I am very good at being logical, being analytical, mathematical,

joekou tenacity, ability to communicate, working person to person

[2:09 PM]
kims I am able to 'connect with others via communication' as a bridge of sorts

marlen @kims cool lol you went a bit ahead of the question, more like defining what 'strength' is to you for now, but that's cool, it's the same, so I can place it like this for you: who are you in those words, what are you living in such tenacity, patience, communication?

miranda I am very well organised, a good listener, reliable

kims I have been experiencing myself as patience

as the living word

tormod One of my strenght is how i like to share, consistent is annother, making a activity funn and empowering , turning something boring into fun - can be annother

marlen ok yeah let's expand them onto defining them lol, I was looking at first 'who am I' as these strengths what do they 'define' of me - but! it's cool to look at directly at one's strengths

[2:10 PM]
kims calm is another word I am living these days Marlen

lysander Wow, that's actually a spot on topic. Yesterday me and Ida looked at what I thought needed to be become better in me in order for me to be 'good enough'. Funnily enough I was already living those exact words I thought I needed - realizing I had nothing to 'strive for' as they are already here as myself.

leilazm Hmm lol interesting how that tends to be a hard question - like 'am I boasting by acknowledging these things?' For myself what sticks out at the moment is an eagerness and willingness to learn new things, and trusting that I can learn new things / piece things together -- which also ties in with flexibility and versatility

kims cool lysander

[2:11 PM]
janmegens Continue walking proces after experienced disappointment. Good listener.

carlton Remaining calm in most all situations.

valentin.rozman My strengths are openness to diversity of information, sharing of what is good, improving myself and this world, emotional stability, flexibility, adaptivity, servitude, honesty, computer knowledge, English, German and Croatian language understanding besides native Slovenian, high level of teachability, curiosity, dedication, reliability …

ida BUt that you can still see where/how you can strengthen them :wink: @lysander

kims leilazm I was just writing about this just now, flexibility, and thank you, you have just given me another dimension to look at

joekou i had an experience not long ago where there was initially a pit of emptiness - where i saw now 'good' in me or what i do or my value. and what ended up helping me snap out of that was realizing how i live the words tenacity and communicating and how i am able to support others even 'despite' feeling super low.

[2:12 PM]
anna I have a strength of SEEING straight/clear and I've become very specific in my practical reality

marlen interesting lysander though here you could look at not the weaknesses you have to work on for now, let's focus on your strengths, what you see are points you can trust yourself in, where you've stood up - no matter how seemingly 'big' or small, that's all a perception

yoganb For me applying logic has helped me understand mind pattern quickly/easily. I can see the flows and steps that are in a mind pattern. Analytical, I see I can analyze and take apart mind programs, which includes deconstructing memories to see what they reveal about me. When I write things out I am very precise and specific, and I describe things in detail.

lysander Yes @ida - but having realized that it's not coming so much from a startingpoint of lack anymore. :slightly_smiling_face: Which is a game-changer.

kims anna, yes this is something I have seen in you also - its become natural to you as you have gained in self trust

[2:13 PM]
natural in you !

ida Funny, every strength that I come to think of within me right now is also a weakness

marlen Can we all see how these are words that we've been living now within a starting point of self-trust? Meaning, where we can trust ourselves in living those strengths for the most part and it has become a 'natural' thing to you?

how so @ida ?

anna Something I've been developing for a while which has been so supportive is being open about my weaknesses and mistakes

miranda yes

ida yes exactly @lysander :star2:

[2:14 PM]
leilazm ida, you mean like what Sunette shared once about 'not giving up' being both a weakness and strength for her?

anna I also see that I have quite an overview

Thanks @kims

ida yes exactly @leilazm

[2:15 PM]
kims For me the most natural living words within me are calmness and patience and I didn't realise that I had potential in all areas of my life, and that I am a lot more capable than I initially convinced myself of

tormod I am addapting to organized, structure, symetry and colourful

joekou yeah still a bit hard to look at the 'strengths' within me - i have tended to focus more on weaknesses

janmegens Yes @anna open about my weakness, same for me.

anna And in working with kids/people I've developed integrity and purpose - and I am curious and push myself constantly to open new doors/start projects

marlen ah bam there you go @joekou hence this chat

Now, what I’ve seen for myself is that in a way sometimes our focus is more on all of the things we ‘still haven’t managed to change’ rather than giving ourselves some time to acknowledge those achievements, what we’ve managed to change, to transcend, to redefine, to live differently – and in a way we forget about such process at times of changing certain things from a ‘weakness’ into a strength.

kims anna you have been an inspiration to me with your posts about your weaknesses

[2:16 PM]
garbrielle perseverance is one word i see i am strong in, also like a calmness and steadfastness in something i put my focus on to see it through

anna Yes me too @joekou - in fact it is a taboo inside me like it's forbidden to say these things about myself

tormod Eagerness to learn new things = cool @leilazm can relate

lysander A strength I'd like to balance out and perfect more is 'determination'

ida @marlen like, lets say calm and clarity, that sometimes it is a weakness sometimes it is a strength. depending on the moment and how I move in it.

kims I still get annoyed with myself when I have back chat, a self punishment point, still exists within me

anna Thanks @kims! Appreciate the feedback

marlen so, sometimes we still diminish our capacity based on only focusing on 'all the wrong things/points I still haven't gotten through/all the bad shit in my life' instead of taking a moment to actually acknowledge what we have managed to change, to live, no matter how simple, how small, but it's there, as all the words that have been shared identified as Strengths

[2:17 PM]
anna I find I want to rather focus on pointing out your guys strengths lol

marlen cool ida, you are aware of it which means, you'll be aware of how to develop that stance of self trust in those words when those moments are 'here' in your reality, right?

joekou yes i have created some slumps for myself certainly - within how i tend to look at myself and see only the problems

garbrielle also like a wonder about the world around me, like an inner childness that comes out when i am looking into something that is intriguing

carlton Consistency is another strength i have, in most things.

[2:18 PM]
tormod Cool @carlton

marlen yep can relate to that @garbrielle like curiosity was the word today haha it was actually funny at a store but that's another story, but yep! can relate to that childlike approach, which definitely is a cool way to 'face every moment' with a 'newness' of sorts

garbrielle yes in my mind i am going like 'ok, yes that is a strength, but it's not totally perfected, i still see weaknesses here and here' lol

anna For me it's more like "I can't say I'm good at that cause I still haven't mastered it to perfection

yoganb "like 'am I boasting by acknowledging these things?' " The way I see it, if we share our Strengths with each other, we are letting others know, HEY!!! I can help you with this or be like me! Which is good. And also, HEY !!!! look I am this way, maybe try taking on this challenge to be like this way too! So this is all around educational. You can only be taught from those who have already become the point themselves.

lysander Hallelujah @marlen

marlen sure thing @carlton can see that!

kims Someone said to me today in work, "everyone really likes you kim" and for a moment I went into a kind of fear of doing/saying the wrong thing incase I ruin that for myself, it was fascinating

garbrielle cool Marlen, yes

[2:19 PM]
anna Garb jinx lol

marlen lol @kims def. suggest the latest 'self appreciation' imagination series

valentin.rozman Cool @kims

yoganb Let's all copy-cat each others Strength and ALL become equally Strong in All Ways!!!!!!!!!@!@!

marlen @garbrielle yep that kind of approach which at times makes us focus more on 'all that's left to change' instead of looking at the points we've developed into our strengths

so!

garbrielle lol anna

kims so I used the positive comment to feed me and my ego, and then went into fear, instead of just accepting the comment, because within this I see I dont like myself still

marlen Within considering this current approach that has been shared in latest Eqafe interviews in how to focus on our strengths instead of only focusing ‘on our problems,’ here’s a little self-project I suggest looking at

[2:20 PM]
anna In also very adventurous and I don't experience boredom because there's always something in the world to fascinated by, to create or work on

joekou it is interesting the way i will often tear myself down, put myself down - where if i saw someone else do that to a person i would definitely NOT be okay with it

lysander Recognizable @kims

garbrielle yes i am finding that it is important to keep that balance and make known/become visible, like through writing and specifying self in both...this also supports with figuring out how to live words

joekou so the point has been - why do i not in a way stand up for myself, appreciate myself, honor myself

marlen Taking a moment to reflect back within ourselves to see what are such strengths that we have managed to create and keep nurturing in our day to day or have become the ‘new me’/ have become natural to us that one could not have possibly considered changing before process
And starting to share about it, with the detail of the process it involved within oneself to change such weakness into a strength – how we manage to do it, what we walked through as the trial and errors for it, what one can in self-trust stand and say ‘Yes! I’ve managed to change this within me’

lysander Yes joekou

[2:21 PM]
garbrielle i am referencing to identifying our strengths and weaknesses

[2:21 PM]
ida ok so I would say I have a strength in having humor with myself, good at working with people and explaining things, have a good eye and much joy for aesthetics, am very detailed, also open and attentive/intuitive

[2:22 PM]
marlen @garbrielle yes that's sort of the idea here, that in walking through identifying and writing out the points we've created as strengths within us, to kind of 'freshen up' HOW we managed to change, what we did, what our resolve was to do it, how we got 'here' to where we are now in relation to something, so that this same approach - which I find I see within the context of realizing/living self-trust - can be expanded onto those 'weaknesses' we are also at the same time working with

garbrielle very cool Ida

kims It is like when we have to write our resume, most people just say what others want to hear, instead of actually looking to see who they really are for rea

[2:23 PM]
real

garbrielle ahh cool marlen ok

marlen I've found this approach to be very cool, because it becomes like an insta reminder of 'Hey but wait, I've managed to do this/that before, so what is holding me back in doing this/changing this/trying out something new' in this/that 'weakness' or point yet to be changed.

@kims or sometimes only share all the shit and don't give ourselves that proper recognition of 'what we've walked' thus far lol

kims yes marlen

empty words

[2:24 PM]
joekou i was helping a trainee of my through some points - and i realized that the points she was going through and struggling through were so similar to points i have faced so many times in my life - and as i was supporting her, i was actually also supporting myself. it was quite a cool experience because i was focusing on her solutions and her strengths but within this i saw the same within myself.

tormod I very easy give away or voluntare. I am very curious and attentive, quite spirited

kims excellent joekou

lysander Cool joekou

marlen Here no matter how seemingly ‘small’ the point is, because that's all about perception and how we've judged or defined points of change as 'big' or 'small' or 'insignificant' - all point where one has become aware of 'I've changed in this/that' are relevant.

miranda What I enjoy a lot is that I am much more equal with different kind of people, I mean in communication. It is so much easier than ever before

[2:25 PM]
lysander I can relate miranda

kims yes miranda, I don't hold back so much in my communication these days, much more open and natural

marlen cool @joekou yep, that's also a way to expand and share back to others that solution-oriented mindset so to speak that we haven't been 'naturally wired' to have, and ins haring that either through one on one support or blogs, vlogs, posts = we expand more into the realm of 'this is what Can be done and this is How I've done it'

gian my idea of me as my strengths. .and only because they are aligned for best for all life )
- Leadership
- motivating
- Weird
- intuitive
- brave
- courage
- daring
- Stubborn
- neutral
- good with my hands

My weaknesses
- Habitual patterns that does not serve me yet are addictive
- deny my abilities to be seen as useless to fulfill a self fulfilling prophecy that I am useless
- Running on energy and then falling into lethargy
- Anger
- self-sacrificing
- mis-placing my trust outside of myself
- Hope
- Blame
- consistency

ok that's it for now

ida yes I can relate @joekou sort of think that how it goes for the most part

[2:26 PM]
tormod The big cath must be i guess to make these positive points more alive and easy to utilize and access

anna I also find you’re pushing yourself very much in process @tormod - you’re never quitting, even when you face tough points

yoganb Cool Gian

joekou there are definitely strengths that i see in everyone here

marlen cool Gian, yep that's an example of making a list of sorts and then opening up on each strength to see 'how you got there' practically speaking and share about it

lysander Can you relate @ida ? :wink:

tormod Lol aww Thanks @anna sweet of you point taken !

[2:27 PM]
ida lol @lysander yes :smile:

kims Go tormod, you are an inspiration

yoganb We can also look at life long skills we may have, where because of our years of practice across our Lives we developed a Strength.

gian How I got there to the strengths, well, they kind of have naturally always been my strengths.

anna You forgot a good crowdfunder @gian lol

marlen yep same here @miranda used to be very picky and judgmental from the get go when 'talking to people'

tormod Blush *

joekou everyone has a very unique signature - a history and a set of strengths. maybe we lose sight of our own sometimes but seeing you guys and also me being here at the farm, living with these people - it is a cool reminder to not discount myself so quickly

kims exactly joekou

[2:28 PM]
you have a natural ability at broadcasting

gian so, it would be cool to see HOW, I haven't yet LOOKED at how they were naturally developed, but I know how I used them and implemented them within principle, redirecting them from EGO to LIFE

kims and communication

janmegens Today I had a job interview. The first question they asked was 'who is Jan'. It was difficult speak about my strengths because the first thing I was thinking was modesty and unpretentiousness.

kims yes gian

anna Yes that’s what I was looking at as well @gian - that the strengths I have developed aren’t points I couldn’t have imagined, but in fact strengths/potential I know existed within me from the get-go but that I’ve now developed and speicified

tormod How can i access my cool sides more easy ? How to smothen the "transition" ?

[2:29 PM]
anna I don’t see it as much as ACCESS as it is about RECOGNIZING @tormod

joekou lol bernard mentioned that i am a 'showman'

kims yes anna, they were empty words before with no self meaning/definition

yes you are lol

joekou and for a while i wasn't happy with that because i judged it

ida yes agree @anna

kims a natural LEO really lol

anna Because you’re already living it/doing it - but you/we are so focused on the negative/the bad that we don’t see it - don’t want to see it either

marlen yep, that's the point we 'lose sight of it' and that's then what I suggest placing the spotlight on, specially if the 'running mindset' is mostly constantly focused on troubles, believing you're not 'getting anywhere' or 'change is nowhere to be found in you' etc. Doing this will assist also in such self-appreciation, self-recognition that we've many times sought to get 'out there' from others, creating 'relationships' to satisfy that, instead of rather giving us the time to see who we are and what we are on our way to become day by day

kims but lets not get into astrology lol

tormod Recognize .....*tasting the word :speaking_head_in_silhouette:

[2:30 PM]
anna hahahah @kims you and me lol, two little old ladies having tea over astrology

Because if we focus on our strengths, it also comes with responsibility

kims lol anna...yes

joekou i like this direction marlen. definitely cool to practice

anna Yes, because when I for example say to you that you’re not a quitter, that you’re committed to your process @tormod - do you recognize that as true in you?

yoganb Some of these Strengths can be from Before Desteni, meaning that you have had them for a very long time, and you practiced them and applied them. Remember how it was said in Desteni Interviews people lived like 1,2 or at most 3 words throughout their lives. So look at those few words you have and are already living. Those being Strengths too.

[2:31 PM]
joekou tormod you definitely have been an inspiration for me

marlen @tormod how about rather looking at what has become 'natural' in you in something that you now live in your day to day and write out how you make it to be 'easy' and 'smooth' for you to apply/live such characteristics/aspects/words you are living now?

joekou tormod i admire your spirit and not giving up on yourself

[2:32 PM]
kims I can see how I have always been the words I am living now more naturally, it was just hidden behind my fears and insecurities

joekou i can relate kims we have kind of a similar design in that regard

anna Yes, I have a paranoia ‘talk-on-repeat’ in my mind that focuses on “where I am in process” - that is entirely an illusion that totally born out of paranoia, and when I go down that rabbit hole I’ll still believe it to be true. So what I’ve been focusing on is not even going there, in saying “Stop. Till here no further.” And then focus on my real practical living.

marlen meaning, that's the whole point of also focusing on writing about these strengths or characteristics we know we've managed to apply/live in a 'cool' manner lol, that we can trust ourselves in it and so through writing about it, you'll then get to see how to apply such 'easiness', that 'smoothness' to that which you see you still have to fine tune in you @tormod how's that?

[2:33 PM]
kims and each time I saw that I was living the word patience for example, I made it more of a negative thing that would be used against me by others in someway

marlen yep @anna or give yourself this next step and time of the day to rather write out your strengths and the detail of what you had to be/become to live that now - then it becomes quite a constructive approach in 'seeing ourselves' as well

tormod @anna yes i would say math .... 80% so... where 5 or 7 % is i dont know, and the rest is not/ room for improving, but still 80% recognition.. lol are we on the same planet ?

kims yes joekou, I am very drawn to you in many ways I see there are similarities of patterns

[2:34 PM]
ida @tormod recognizing the small moments for example, like "ohh man Im so good at making this sandwich that I like so much" and then can look at what it is within you and the process of making this sandwich that makes you good at it, identify the words.. and decide to do it more often to get to know yourself more in it and enjoy you in it.. and then you can bring that part of you into other parts of your cooking and then other parts of your life.. that's how I do it at least.

anna lol we are both on planet earth @tormod - but strengthen those 80%. What you focus on, grows

joekou ditto kims - we 'get' each other lol

anna If you focus on tending to weeds, they’ll grow. If you weed the weeds so broccoli and strawberries can grow, thenthat will go. That’s math for you lol

lysander Cool @anna

[2:35 PM]
kims oh yes JK

tormod Recognizing my strengths ....

marlen so the idea is to share more about these realizations, these practical changes, this 'natural aspects' of ourselves that we have managed to get to live/apply as 'the new me' through walking this process. And exactly like what @ida shared just now is a cool example there

[2:36 PM]
lysander So also to make a shift from 'the bad' to the 'good as a daily part of Process. I like that.

tormod Seeing them and giving them a brush to clear the cobwebs and the dust ... hmmm

leilazm so more identifying the building bricks that 'make up' the strength - so if I look at my willingness to learn, underneath what supports that is patience and perseverance

anna like it is also about developing some mind-hacks that works with one’s own particular unique fuckedupness (which is of course in essence the same as everyone elses in the end) like learning what to say to yourself in moments where you see that you’re about to go down a mind rabbit hole for example. For me, due to my nature of easily becoming emotional, I’ve through much trial and error realized that I need to move myself physically - and then I can move myself out of the emotion quickly. Whereas for others something else might be more supportive. #Manknowthyself

marlen yep it also goes with how we then tend to 'see' ourselves, the world, people in it. If all we focus is problems and flaws and weaknessess: that's what we are living and creating within and without. Now this doesn't mean 'turn into a positive thinker' but it means rather seeing with the eyes of strengthening the potential that a weakness represents

[2:37 PM]
anna Something I see in you @leilazm is an easygoingness - a cool chilledness/playfulness where you don’t take things super seriously. I’d like to develop that more within myself.

yoganb From Positive Thinking to Positive Becoming.

or Liver, or something haha

marlen yep @anna that's also another consideration in this how different things/methods/ways work for different people, so, the idea on sharing about these is to expand the 'practical ways' to do that, considering that at times not everyone is 'geared' to even consider such points to implement/try out in day to day life

tormod You could say from negative to positive if You keep it physical/ practical

joekou i definitely see that in your leila - a gentleness/patience and acceptance of learning/growing. it is something i admire

leilazm lol only in some departments Anna hehe

lysander Yes, a positive liver is something worth striving for @yoganb

[2:38 PM]
leilazm if its something I am conflicted about I go totally neurotic

yoganb A best for Aller

kims lol yes yoganb

anna Yes, it is not about feeling good either or making oneself feel better about one’s weakneesess. Actually it is about addressing/deprogramming a specific self-sabotage mechanism that gears one towards focusing on the negative. So it is a deprogramming process to SEE what’s HERE /what is POTENTIALLY HERE

joekou yes cool point anna

anna hahah @leilazm - yes I can relate to that

lysander A best for aller = tee-totaller

[2:39 PM]
anna As B said: There is no truth, only denial of what’s here

marlen yep and so expand what those strengths represent within ourselves to those weaknesses, extend the same 'me' as my strengths into those perceived 'difficult' points to change

kims anna I was looking at that saying just today actually

it came up on my newsfeed

joekou i can be a very jovial, happy go lucky, funny, patient, caring guy - as long as i am not dealing with negativity within me.

[2:40 PM]
and it can be difficult for me or others to help me out of those negative/bad states

lysander Can strongly relate @joekou

marlen so yep this is another way to 'man know thyself' and in that not only recognizing all the 'points to change' but also at the same time keep an awareness of that which we are/have become, in an equal regard of 'this is me and this is then my potential in all those aspects that I've yet to walk in my life'

kims oh yes I hear ya jk - yeah once you have made the decision that is who you are

there is no changing your mind

marlen so what can you do for yourself to 'help yourself out' in those moments @joekou which of your strengths applied back to you can assist you in 'getting you to snap out of it'? for example

[2:41 PM]
kims until consequence is here to remind

joekou what i have been working with now specifically is to look at my strengths - see how even at my 'worst' i am still capable of doing my best and being of the best

ida another example is "ohh man Im not so good at organizing, but I like it when things are organized" then I take that part that I see is a strength (brings strength) in that statement, which is "I like it when things are organized" and I focus on that. So then that becomes my starting point for organizing and not "Im not so good at organizing""and therefor I must organize"- then the starting point is that of the weakness and that will be the focus. Basically a focus on the lack and that can just cykle within until you can get pretty frustrated and realize you are organizing from a pretty forceful/militant stance within you, based on the lack/weakness.

joekou *being of the best i can be

focus more on what i can create, GIVE, and share instead of what i feel i am inferior in, what i lack, what i want others to give me

[2:42 PM]
kims yes ida I often tell myself I am not good at something, and then I give up

anna Yes @joekou - there you and I have always been aligned lol, we share a similar kind of darkness/deep pit of self-judgment - for me, what’s asissted me the most is 1) realizing the self-interest/deception in my experiences and 2) to embrace myself in/as my mistakes

miranda Cool @ida

tormod Cool to see the loads of shares here / share strenght :muscle::skin-tone-4:

anna For me, accepting/embracing my darkness/deep shit, is what has supported me most to change/correct it

joekou what i find is - the hardest thing for me when i am in one of my moods is to be open, caring, accepting, giving - so when i push myself to do just those things i snap out of it quicker - i become the things i wish the world would give me.

anna Yes - be the antidote

[2:43 PM]
yoganb cool Anna

anna Be the antidote to your own venom

joekou yes anna we have a similar design there with the 'dark/brooding' thing lol

yoganb Like ANgel in Buffy

adam I have found strength in learning to embrace myself in difficulties and walk me through

anna Man, pit of darkness, I know you so well lol. I have drunk up your dark murky waters and scratched my nails in desperation on your walls to get out

[2:44 PM]
marlen that's a cool point there @joekou where such 'pitfall weaknesses' are now in your awareness how to strengthen yourself to stand up from them, which in turn turns them into a strength in itself: the abiltiy to stand up in the midst of such temporary 'out of order' experience

anna Also have a hang for the dramatic! lol which can also become a strength!

kims anna, this is where many turn to drugs and drink to get by as they believe

I know I did

[2:45 PM]
trying to escape yourselves

joekou so when i am dark and moody - where i tend to push people away and be bitter and resentful and jealous, i push now to be open, considerate, supportive in any way i can. sometimes the best i can manage when i am really struggling is to just 'be there' and be available but still not at my best, but the act of taking that step makes the 'snapping out' more possible

anna Yes - and there’s such a beautiful full circle moment in supporting someone who’s in that ‘hole’ that one knows so well, and one’s words through the process one has walked actually being able to support them to walk out of it

marlen also another point that I got from recently translating Atlanteans is how we regurgitate the words that we become, so, here also creating an awareness on the nature of the words that we usually describe ourselves as and if they hold any identity/meaning/value to our definition, or if they are plainly ways to recognize 'the weaknesses' to work on -

anna Cool @joekou - its the same as not wanting to get up from bed, but instead, do exactly that

joekou yes

marlen I found it really interesting that it 'clicked' within me when it was explained how 'we are the words we repeat within ourselves' and it is so, so simple yet sometimes so 'out of our reach' when in the mind

joekou get out of the damn bed even if i drag myself out

at least i am out

[2:46 PM]
garbrielle which interview is that Marlen?

marlen cool example @joekou

joekou and from there i straighten my posture and keep on going - and eventually the burdens go because i let it go

kims so joekou you are living determination

marlen pff @garbrielle not sure really, will have a look if I find it and let you know, somewhere in the first 17 or so lol

garbrielle lol ok marlen, np

joekou holding on to the past - constantly revisiting my greatest hits of shame and my wall of misfortunes is also something that feeds my negative self image

[2:47 PM]
garbrielle i'll have a relisten to them

joekou all the 'what ifs' and 'i should haves' and 'i knew better' doesn't help if i keep beating myself up instead of turning them into moments where i learned and grew

lysander This dark brooding... I sometimes get strength from it. It inspires me to write and have insights. Have to watch out with energetic highs connected to it though.

marlen there you go lysander another example of why this topic seems to be less prefered by our minds lol

[2:48 PM]
anna Yes @lysander - its also related to depth

joekou kims yes in some ways determination. i would describe my experience of it more as... having a fighting spirit - not being so negative so quickly and automatically

marlen because we like to focus on all the gloom and doom, been there and done that for a long time myself, but not anymore for sure

kims interesting lysander, i find when I am in this state I can't write, I write better when I am feeling positive, I get a kind of excitement

lysander Ok cool

yoganb There is an Energy Experience of Strength..... That is not real, an illusion

anna Cause that’s what I’ve been looking at with transforming my emotions to a strength. But one of the points I see in it, is an ability to feel/see things on a deep level - and not being afraid of going deep

joekou embracing myself - ALL OF MYSELF has been another thing i am pushing

not hiding or sugar coating

anna Yes @joekou

joekou embracing all of me

kims yes

[2:49 PM]
joekou the nitty gritty - and all the stuff i hope nobody else ever sees or has to deal with - all the stuff i think doesn't come through in my words and living but does anyway lol

marlen can be a point to test out again, when nothing seems to be 'working out' when facing/walking through a point, write about how you managed to change something, to direct yourself in something and that might assist to create some clarity in the moment - or even if there's no such points yet, then rather focusing on what you can practically do to place that first step on solutions-road

tormod Strength like size @yoganb

anna Yes. I posted a video today on Facebook that talks about what it takes to master a skill through practice and how the neural networks in the brain are strengthened through effective practice - quite a cool point

Yep @joekou

joekou embracing the moments where i have not been at my best - moments where i struggle, moments where i really do know better but don't snap out or change - embracing it all so that i can really take responsibility for it and stop blaming others

kims got to go guys, thank you for sharing

ida yes similar here @kims I have more difficulty writing when I am 'in the pit'

[2:50 PM]
yoganb Strength should be something you can practically physically Do, Apply, Live. So all physical.

marlen yep that sounds more to it, like the 'muscle development' example that garb shared in an eqafe hangout, something we have to practice, like with living words, actually doing it, no matter how 'seemingly small' the effort is, but the decision is there and that's what counts at first.

tormod The neutral nettworks @anna ... cool

kims ida you and I have a similar design too in many ways

[2:51 PM]
must go bye for now

anna Did you see the video @tormod?

ida yes good one @marlen @garbrielle

garbrielle yes Marlen, since walking process and becoming more resolved in my not giving up on myself, the points of doom and gloom are quite familiar and through knowing myself within this, i can more easily move out of it....like it's a experience i am not interested in anymore, i do not enjoy it, so one start to recognize the stability/base line more then the energy possessions and from here can move out of the possessions quicker and quicker....the living words is like the next phase so to speak where one start to create from this stability baseline, so it's like a wave that goes up and down and all the while one ride it and get back to base, back to the beach where it is stable again

anna Here: https://www.facebook.com/TEDEducation/v ... nref=story
Facebook TED-Ed

joekou when i happened upon a vlog i recorded 5 years ago that exactly gave me the support i needed right now - that was quite a cool moment. to see and remember that i have faced this before, and i have walked through it, and i can do it again. the fact that it was me, my own voice, my own 'signature' - was a cool moment of really appreciating myself and my process this past decade

janmegens The decision doing it is a strenght, Cool.

marlen cool @garbrielle !

tormod Yes i Did @anna and i started watching math videos lol

anna Oh cool @tormod!

lysander Cool joekoul

[2:52 PM]
ida interesting @kims did not know, but I have seen a pattern where I often relate to you

marlen yep @janmegens it's you changing the course of your life in that moment lol

joekou remembering who i was, how 'low' things were in my life when i made that recording - how i pushed through it anyway - it was a good reminder of my strengths

marlen @ida kim s had to leave but she'll probably read that message later

ida yes got it

anna Yesterday my old teacher from 20 years ago sent me a short story I wrote when I was like 15. Man that was so interesting to see my words and recognizing myself in them

[2:53 PM]
marlen aaah there you go, that's an example @joekou going back into 'the past' to see what's 'here' as myself still, just covered up by some extra layers of current shit to debug

joekou interesting anna

garbrielle yes it also supported many joekou so cool to push through even though it was difficult as i related a lot to you and learned much through your example

anna Oh and same when I see photos of myself and I remember how fat and akward I felt, compared to now where I weigh more than I ever have - but feel so much different with my body!

marlen I actually did some self-watching some weeks ago, man, was I troubled haha, unpublished vlogs I used to do, so I totally had forgotten about all of that 'problem/emotional me' so, yep will share about this, because I sure can't relate to that lady from years ago now

garbrielle fantastic anna

tormod Yes awesome in itself @anna the 1+ 1+1+1 equation of ours is so cool :eyes: impossible to break in theory

[2:54 PM]
anna hehe @marlen - I’d like to see that

Yes @tormod - because it is real

marlen nah, they took space, deleted them... they don't matter either, only how I managed to get over that

lysander I used to work-out my ass off Anna - like badass (ad looked healthy). Now I almost quit - and feel much healthier (after walking process)

Mind and matter.... y'know

miranda Thanks all for sharing, bye

anna Interesting @lysander - and cool to hear from a man as well

[2:55 PM]
marlen but it's a cool exercise nonetheless, to record yourself for you if you don't want to publish

tormod Yes also in reality .... hmmm :turtle:

joekou lol yes marlen - all of my strengths are still HERE - some have been suppressed or diminished from lack of use so to speak - but still very much here, very much ME. what a treasure it was to find that old video of myself to remind me of the courage i had then - and still have now - to keep pushing

anna So @marlen and everyone, how do you suggest we continue to spread the word of what we’ve been discussing here - to the larger public?

joekou for a moment watching that old vlog i was like "who is that guy - he is so clear, so stable despite what he's facing" lol

marlen yep, that's the 'spirit' of this chat as well @joekou to 'go back' even if needed for some to see 'what's here' as such strengths and bring them 'here' as well.

[2:56 PM]
@anna this is a public chat, so yes, by all means

tormod Yeeeees share it !!!

ida hihihi @marlen I remember the first videos I did. it was so hard I cried and laughed as a point of release through the whole video, I could not focus on speaking because the initial point was just getting over myself sitting and talking to a camera lol

anna I’ll share more through Instagram lol

marlen that's the idea, to also take the time to share more of these strengths in blogs/vlogs etc and not only focusing on all the 'points yet to change', but creating a balance, and also those 'tips' as mentioned of what works for each

[2:57 PM]
anna My first vlog hahahahaha such a suppressed young woman. I can hear it in my voice. It is muffled and not open

marlen there you go @ida yep! that's a cool experience now to recall and see 'hmm interesting! where am I in relation to that currently?' and take it from there to acknowledge change and points to still fine tune or not, you'll find out!+

joekou and please everyone if you get stuck in a pit - as tempting as it is to stay in the pity party, do reach out and remember who we each are and our strengths

anna Oh and you should see @viktorpersson’s first vlog as well haha - so funny!

marlen lol @anna yep I was quite the shy person..... ehm ehm not anymore haha!

janmegens Which Atlanteans records did you translated recently @marlen

ida lol @anna would love to

anna lol @marlen “bad bitch”

[2:58 PM]
joekou the world is lesser for the absence of your voice when you seclude yourself in those moments of darkness - when you can actually be a point of support and an example for all

marlen pff @janmegens well I've been doing from the start so... going through 31 now.

janmegens @marlen okay

marlen so I cannot pin point the one I've mentioned, but truly suggest #31, very cool one, key one for process/understanding how we cannot at all blame anything or anyone

[2:59 PM]
anna Yes. If you’re down there in the pit, look for my nail marks and realize, I’ve been there too - and although it seems completely impossible, there is a door straight out of it. You don’t have to claw your way out or stay in there forever.

marlen ok guys! let's leave it up to here. Thanks all very much for sharing!

carlton Cool Chat

joekou sometimes we think it is better to go silent and stay quiet and sulk through our problems - and sometimes we do need to take a step back and re-assess, but to not let that silence be the statement you make

carlton Thanks all

lysander Thanks peeps - was a pleasure

janmegens @marlen thanks I will listening that one.

marlen see you around!

[3:00 PM]
adam bye!

carlton bye

ida See you, bye bye :grinning:

valentin.rozman Thanks and bye all :slightly_smiling_face:

janmegens Bye, thank you all. Was helpfull chat.

new messages
joekou thanks everyone. you magnificent bastards all

anna Bye

[3:01 PM]
janmegens @joekou lol

[3:01 PM]
yoganb All for one and one for All!

Return to “Public Chats”