Birth of the Dragon movie - A reminder to learn - 08 November 2017

Marlen

Birth of the Dragon movie - A reminder to learn - 08 November 2017

Post by Marlen »

[1:01 PM]
sunettedimensions set the channel topic: Birth of the Dragon movie - A reminder to learn - we start 5 after the hour

[1:02 PM]
kimk Hi

[1:02 PM]
kims Hi

[1:03 PM]
sunettedimensions set the channel topic: Birth of the Dragon movie - A reminder of something we can learn about our inner process of awareness and consciousness - we start 5 after the hour

[1:03 PM]
valentin.rozman Hi all :slightly_smiling_face:

[1:04 PM]
gian hello

valentin.rozman Trailer of the movie here > https://youtu.be/soLlxteBbNA
YouTube Zero Media
Birth of the Dragon Official Trailer #1 (2017) Bruce Lee Biopic Movie HD

sunettedimensions Yes, this one - thanks for the link

[1:05 PM]
sunettedimensions set the channel topic: Birth of the Dragon movie - A reminder of something we can learn about our inner process of awareness and consciousness - WE START

[1:06 PM]
kims Thanks @valentin.rozman

[1:07 PM]
sunettedimensions So, there was a part of me that also approached the movie as "no movie / person acting in the role of Bruce Lee - will ever equalize him / his essence / his art, so in comparison will be a disappointment" - yet, within that is already my answer:: to not watch the movie with comparison, but watch it for what it is

[1:08 PM]
So, as I started watching lol Bruce Lee through the Portal said "Sunette, watch it as is - give it a chance. Observe the actors, the beings, the words - let's see what there is to learn" - so, we watched it together

gian haha

leilazm Haha

kims Cool

[1:09 PM]
marjo cool

garbrielle haha i looked at the ratings in the movie site and it was not good - so automatically i thought this movie is probably bad

sunettedimensions Yet, WHILE watching - what I had to do within myself was to in real time move the memories, data, information I have acquired from Bruce himself through the Portal and also in learning in the world - cause there was this part of me that constantly wanted to go "but but but this is not...etc" - the comparison aspect

gian spoilers alert

sunettedimensions lol will do our best not to @gian

kims Lol

sunettedimensions So, it is Bruce and I here through the Portal to share some reminders that I myself learned

ONE: give the movie an opportunity, as with a person in your life

[1:10 PM]
So, let's bring this to real life

[1:10 PM]
We tend to compare people / compare ourselves to them before giving ourselves or them an opportunity by GETTING TO KNOW what's what and asking what I CAN LEARN ABOUT ME and what I CAN LEARN FROM THEM

[1:11 PM]
So the same with movies, so can PRACTISE 'catching' those comparison thoughts / backchats with movies whenever it happens like with the movie of a phase in Bruce Lee's life and while watching, PRACTISE REAL TIME APPLICATION as I did

[1:12 PM]
Even though in the beginning of the movie I decided to watch and stood firm in who I am in not comparing and unconditionally learning from myself and the movie itself, there were movies WHILE I WAS LIVING MY DECISION where I had to APPLY MYSELF, SHOW MYSELF WHO I AM AND WHAT I DECIDED TO LIVE

[1:13 PM]
So, this is REMINDER TWO: even though you make a decision to LIVE something / LIVE A CHANGE it does not mean "it is done and you are now changed forevermore and the old pattern will never ever bother you again"

[1:13 PM]
You gotta see it through, and AS YOU WALK / LIVE THE CHANGE reaffirm it / yourself in your living

[1:14 PM]
So, let's discuss the first two reminders before moving onto the next!

Who can relate to the above / share - do share!!!

gian yes cool. I find doing this also makes every movie very unique and what I learn from myself and it.

even if a movie does not compare to the books of it.

sunettedimensions or documentaries / real life

[1:15 PM]
yes @gian

marlen Yep can definitely relate and I'd say that before even going into learning about another, to first see what can I learn about myself comparing me to this other person, what is coming up, so that as one sorts out such reactions, then the path is more open to genuinely see with clarity the other person and learn from them or get to know them for sure

sunettedimensions Yes @marlen and a point we'd like to share with all / remind all - as it happens with people, it may happen in more areas of your life you can look out for and stand in

[1:16 PM]
marlen so in a way first 'sort myself out' understand what and why am I comparing myself to another and then, as one is clear and understands the reactions, patterns or comparison in itself, then it becomes easier to move into the application of learning, getting to know and move real time with that person

[1:16 PM]
sunettedimensions cause it does not help, for example ONLY changing comparison in the dimension of people / self and not changing it where it flares up with for example food tastes, clothes, colours - simple everyday life decisions

[1:17 PM]
it'd be great practice and support transforming the comparison pattern in as many areas as possible where you see it manifest and come out, cause it shows it still exists in you and as you

tormod it is like electricity that is ... sort of everywhere - directed or in chaos. it is like everyday life that is happening difference is if i lett emotions/polarity handicap/limmit the potential of all events or if i direct it in self honesty and life regard

talamon I also can relate - when my partner recently stopped communicating with me, I had all kinds of assumptions, and well, still don't know what's going on, but due to the fact that she does not open up or respond, I only can see that something is not cool, and I tend to try to 'assume' and then I stop myself and rather see when it will unfold of what it's about

[1:18 PM]
valentin.rozman I learned how comparing myself to others was the main reason for my low self-esteem and yes, I still am perfecting myself at this point by rather contributing practically to benefit others that to show other how I am better than them.

mattifreeman I basically experienced this on all levels when I moved to Hawaii lol - in terms of initially having preconceptions about the environment, the culture, the lifestyle, the people - much of which was 'at odds' with what I'd previously have considered to be 'how I prefer to live and the people I relate to / see as worthwhile to develop relationships with'

and 'how I like to dress', and 'how my future will be and who will be in my future'

[1:19 PM]
sunettedimensions Yes @talamon or while also look into yourself - do test out different ways of approaching her with words, remaining calm / stable -giving her time if she needs it, BUT with being in a relationship / agreement, communication is key - even is she just shares to give her time

marlen how about opening an example there on the point of comparison in relation to all the other points that are not related to people @sunettedimensions so that we can have a look at it as well

sunettedimensions I would say @talamon it is important to open this point when this experience is settled and she eventully opens up

carolyne For me its the obvious point of comparing my myself in regards who i am now and who i was in previous moments, where, if who i am now is not matching some aspects of who i was in previous moments especially in regards to change, i tend to get stuck in this comparison of myself rather than letting go of the past me and live here, see whats here, walk whats here

talamon thank you @sunettedimensions, clear

mattifreeman but I can definitely confirm that sometimes things take a 180 degree turn from what is initially expected or what I've initially compared something to

marjo I can relate mattifreeman, I am still working on it, the culture, the people, behaviour while living in another country.

[1:20 PM]
sunettedimensions @marlen @mattifreeman gave a good example above

talamon I had a VERY revealing QCK session with Kim and I am working on those as were about my very core approach to relationship

sunettedimensions yes @mattifreeman and ALL - do read @mattifreeman post above, a good example of, for example walking COMPARISON EVERYWHERE YOU SEE IT COME UP in a EMOTIONAL WAY

mattifreeman when I take things 'as they are' and allow myself to embrace what is here to participate in, setting aside 'what I know and who I've been in the past in relation to what's now part of my life'

marlen ah ok got it so more in relation to how we are 'used to' doing/having things and going into comparison about it

[1:21 PM]
sunettedimensions so, context here is EMOTIONAL COMPARISON

yes @marlen

tormod it is like communicating to "difficult" people if i embrace the situation in totality or lett it get flooded with emotions/limmits

valentin.rozman This work on myself is also a but frustrating as being a never ending project because I just like so much to complete task and then take the time to rest until someone wants me to do something. So now I have to be my own manager and assign myself tasks of blogging and vlogging so I needed to find a way to moderately employ myself in order not to get overwhelmed.

[1:22 PM]
talamon cool, @mattifreeman, I am going to walk into similar situation in a month - to move a new culture/continent/country and some expectations are, but mostly it's just blank right now

[1:22 PM]
sunettedimensions emotional comparison is where you look at one thing / person, REACT INSIDE YOURSELF while you are comparing it to another thing / person and then YOU CHANGE IN A ENERGY / negative energy / emotional energy

[1:23 PM]
kims I tend to do this in work, I have assumptions about how others work and in my
Mind others don't make mistakes like I do - which I have realised how others tend to give up mistakes lol

sunettedimensions Like bringing it back with the movie again - I negatively reacted to this new movie comparing it to old information, so this was where comparison was still coming out in my life for example - in watching movies! This is what I mean with watching out for comparison flaring up everywhere and anywhere in your life, remind yourself to breathe, go into understanding and see what you can learn

dan What about when comparing myself to my potential, this is cool in the context of self-investigation and uncool in the context of failure-backchat

[1:24 PM]
talamon cool self-reflection point on the movie, must be awkward to see a movie about you, haha, enjoy the challenge

[1:24 PM]
sunettedimensions Cool @mattifreeman that is a very practical way of approaching as well "see it as it is, for what it is and embrace the uniqueness or get to know the uniqueness of who and what is right in front of you" define uniqueness for yourself, how to look out for the unique qualities and differences that youu can get to know and learn from

[1:25 PM]
@dan that's also a cool dimension for sure

marlen yeah I see, embracing it 'as is' without bringing up all sorts of references from our own stored info that becomes a point of reference to compare it with or create a judgment of better/worse etc..

sunettedimensions comparing yourself to yourself @dan

kims *cover up mistakes and you don't often see mistakes that others make, do how can I possibly know for sure that they never make them, it's just me having a negative impression about myself and creating a belief that I have to be perfect

Excuse typos on my phone

[1:26 PM]
sunettedimensions then you get stuck in an endless loop of COMPARING yourself, running on that wheel in YOUR OWN MIND - never reaching attaining nor living your potential cause you got it stuck in your head as a simulation and using / abusing it for comparison :slightly_smiling_face:

Interesting game we can play with ourselves indeed...

Exactly @marlen

[1:27 PM]
All good @kims nevermind the typos - appreciate the sharing

garbrielle "Walk directively - breath by breath - accomplishing every task, piece by piece managing your time effectively, knowing that you will have to walk through the resistance, and that by doing it this way - you will accomplish a result you are satisfied with. And in this way - focus on self-satisfaction, that empowers you to be able to contribute to what is best for all, and through that -acquire a real benevolence and self-acceptance." - Bernard Poolman

this was a cool quote from bernard from today @dan that may support in that point

[1:28 PM]
leilazm What comes up for me is that I can easily react and compare 'Cesar today' to 'Cesar yesterday' or even 'Cesar last week' - where there's small moments of "but yesterday he was totally fine with this!! Why is he making an issue out of it today" where I tend to forget that well, Cesar is mostly in flux and really can actually change at the drop of a new moment. Where my own insecurities about not getting enough done then turn these "inconsistencies" into issues because lol "it's not fair"

sunettedimensions You got the point well in hand there @kims - seeing through the veil of comparing mistakes and realizing it is about your own process within it. So, will be cool to see how your perception, experience and view of others change as you change your own relationships with mistakes and stop hiding from them but rather learning :slightly_smiling_face:

tormod I feel like it is bad to bring up emotions... just mentioning/refering to it seams "wrong" lol... kind a bugger !

marlen yep it definitely is another diversion point that keeps us occupied in our heads, instead of actually being here and 'taking in' the environment, situation, embracing it, seeing who we are in it. And ultimately it keeps us focused more on 'the past' or 'something that's in our heads' only than focusing on reality

sunettedimensions Nice reminder there @garbrielle

[1:29 PM]
kims Yes exactly Sunette, nicely put

sunettedimensions lol @tormod judging your own emotions rather than understanding them...

valentin.rozman What I was wondering about the movie the most was why they picked the actor whose face does not look similar to Bruce Lee. Or since the CGI has progressed so far why they did not make an overlay with the real Bruce Lee face. Maybe the reason was the copyright issue associated to the Bruce Lee visual image.

mattifreeman and especially in the first few months - when I'd be faced with learning to wear different clothing styles, sandals or bare foot instead of shoes, hawaiian style shirts, etc - I had to actively bring myself back to testing / trying / experiencing such things unconditionally - based on what I feel is best for my body / what is best in this environment, stopping the self judgments about my appearance for instance, and gradually I started to discover and expand into new expressions of myself and my body that I had not previously seen / considered I could live

sunettedimensions they're a part of you, forgive yourself when you judge your emotions in moment and then remind yourself they are a part of you that you must understand and then do the introspection

[1:30 PM]
tormod yes i see so @sunettedimensions !

mattifreeman and the moments of judgment / comparison would become less and less

as I started to live more and more

sunettedimensions @valentin.rozman it's cool they didn't do it, would be best if they never do it. Give the individual actor a chance to show and share themselves AND reminds us that movies are a depiction and not reality / based on fact / truth

[1:31 PM]
Nice @mattifreeman

Cool @tormod

marlen yep thanks for sharing that matti, that has been quite supportive in how you went sharing all about that as it went developing, was a nice foundation as well for me to take into application

leilazm Cool Matti and I would say this point has also came through nicely in your art, where to me it looks like you walked that same process as well

mattifreeman even to the point where I learned to actually enjoy the uniqueness / oddness / different look my body and appearance has with wearing for instance 'beach clothes', or 'warm weather clothes' - as I found my body actually supports my particular beingness expression

[1:32 PM]
talamon I think @valentin.rozman it's still better to have a real person, and you know it's not him but his own personality could maybe give into the play; but a cgi could just ruin it all, like princess Leila in new starwars looked so crappy

sunettedimensions Interesting dimension there @leilazm - have you found a practical method of self support to guide you through such moments and changing the word inconsistencies / the pattern of not getting enough done?

mattifreeman @leilazm yeah definitely the same process with art as well - which as you know tends to be a realm rife with comparison lol

garbrielle that's cool Mattifreeman, how did you come to realize that about your body supporting your expression?

@mattifreeman

[1:33 PM]
sunettedimensions Cool sharing @carolyne of the past moments of self and what you realized from it together with changing - all in one paragraph, well shared!

[1:34 PM]
mattifreeman @garbrielle it opened up through really working in writing and self investigation with the comparison points and the 'symbols' we tend to connect expression / living / self to rather than finding expression / living / self in me here, as I am

[1:34 PM]
leilazm In some ways yes in in other ways no, as I work through dimensions but then other dimensions become apparent - so working through it as I go

[1:36 PM]
sunettedimensions Cool @leilazm - in the moment as Cesar is in the moment as a child

leilazm The inconsistencies is not a very say dominant point of reaction but it's a good one to catch to check what else is going on underneath the surface

valentin.rozman Yes, self-expression is cool and I also do not like to be compared to others especially in my profession of graphic design. This is also why I do not want to take part in competitions and risk of loosing and wasting my time and talent because someone else could be selected as the winner instead of me. I rather proactively visit local people and make my personal touch as the advantage so that clients do not need to spend time for searching and selecting designers.

garbrielle cool @mattifreeman i see what you are saying, so more merging with the actual body as your expression then filtering it through the mind as symbols that is created through mind constructs and data

[1:37 PM]
mattifreeman @garbrielle - in a way, trusting myself to trust and embrace the specificity of 'what I've been given' and find the gifts in it - like, what is my body actually supporting me to learn, realize, change, expand?

[1:37 PM]
sunettedimensions Could be a point of consideration to open up in a parenting recording our side "remember as a parent to move in the moments as your child does - yet remain directive at the same time" - how to be "with and as on a same level BUT direct and guide to a maturity and awareness"

[1:38 PM]
garbrielle cool points Matti

sunettedimensions The delicate balance of equality yet being a leading example, leading and living at the same time

kimk Going into a competition and losing could be a great way to challenge yourself to improve @valentin.rozman - I don't see it as a waste of time at all! Using comparison as a learning tool to see what is appealing, what others are using to express certain things in their images, things like this.

tormod I realize now that i uncover my (personal) judgement of emotions that there are some points/emotions that pop up, that i have been hiding from. intersting

[1:39 PM]
points to find tune

[1:39 PM]
fine*

[1:41 PM]
sunettedimensions Cool @tormod :slightly_smiling_face:

[1:42 PM]
kimk I have an example that I thought too insignificant to mention, it is about ketchup lol! It tastes different here in SA, and at first I was like, ew gross, it tastes too much like tomatoes. But now I will go back to it, and see if I change my perspective or not comparing it to Canadian ketchup, will I rather enjoy the taste and different qualities of SA ketchup. We shall see!

[1:42 PM]
valentin.rozman @kimk depends how the competition is being conducted. In recent design competition that I took part in the client had no clue how a good design had to function so they picked a design that yes it was more visually appealing but created a lot of reproduction problems and even the master files was not properly prepared by designer.

[1:43 PM]
sunettedimensions No! not insignificant at all @kimk so cool you shared and moved through the point as this examples shows the everyday life examples we meant by looking out for mind patterns creeping out

mattifreeman @kimk lol this tomato sauce tastes too much like tomatoes!

sunettedimensions @kimk remember you will always have PREFERENCE

valentin.rozman “ketchup tastes too much like tomatoes’ - lol @kimk

sunettedimensions there is a difference between PREFERENCE and COMPARING EMOTIONALLY TO JUDGE

marlen yep those are cool examples indeed @kimk! I've been there and done that where it would get to the point of yearning/missing something very specific to eat for example when being away for so long from my 'place'

[1:44 PM]
sunettedimensions This dimension we can continue with Friday - so, let's discuss the above topic Friday chat :slightly_smiling_face:

kims I have also compared myself in process, where at times there will be almost like a jealousy than some appear to be 'further on' than me, and then I see/realise that we are all at different stages in process and that is what makes us unique in the way that we learn/process information, and that in fact my points and my process is specific to me and no one else, but this took some time to see, and as I grow/expand in my own acceptance I see that it's futile to compare as you will never meet high expectations based on what someone else is walking

marlen lolol it's a funny consideration though, ketchup is made of tomatoes, but I can imagine the variations that come up

[1:45 PM]
you mean the difference between preference and emotional comparison?

sunettedimensions So @kimk you may try all the ketchup in the world and indulge and get to know the differences experiences of tastes, YET even with all the discoveries, the one you PREFER in yourself and body is the Canadian

All about self honesty :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes @marlen

[1:46 PM]
marlen lol, kimk touring the world to try all ketchups haha, but get the point, definitely a cool topic, it's all in the 'details' of how we approach everyday things

kimk Even that, @valentin.rozman, can carry a lesson you can bring forward into your own work - like, how was it more visually appealing? Can you integrate at least that part, finding a way to avoid reproduction problems? The thing is, everything has an opportunity for learning if you look for it, and so most everything can be used to improve yourself, your work etc... even if it is what NOT to do.

sunettedimensions yes @marlen exactly

marlen ok sounds good to discuss that!

sunettedimensions well said @kimk should sit back and consider her words @valentin.rozman

very applicable

[1:47 PM]
valentin.rozman I agree @kimk, thanks for pointing this out :slightly_smiling_face:

[1:48 PM]
sunettedimensions All we go to here for tonight

marlen yep I can relate to that as well when it comes to doing art and then sitting at a gallery to rather see what is appealing to people and what can I learn from that to integrate into my own, rather than only comparing 'my stuff' to what is popular and going into a more than/less than, which is definitely a point to work with in my life

cool openings for sure, thanks!

sunettedimensions Bruce and I have one / two more reminders we learned all can look to learn from - but we continue in chats to come, for next topic Friday - we discuss preference vs emotional comparison / judgment

talamon yes, competition still can be fun - in a friendly way, you compete with your current limits

mattifreeman like a weak capuccino -- I could drink a million of them and it still wouldn't count as real coffee lol. It remains in its own category - 'warm milk drink'

sunettedimensions Thanks all for being here, sharing and joining - was wonderful!

[1:49 PM]
kims Bye all :kiss:

sunettedimensions lol @mattifreeman I'm similar there

marlen lolol

sunettedimensions good evening here from SA

kims Me too @mattifreeman

sunettedimensions Bye all