Defining, Redefining and Living the Word Content - 24 November 2017

Marlen

Defining, Redefining and Living the Word Content - 24 November 2017

Postby Marlen » 24 Nov 2017, 21:50

[1:05 PM]
Alright, how about we start with the word content

[1:05 PM]
Since it's a word we're going to be opening up soon - let's all share our current definition of the word content, then expand it to redefining and living

[1:06 PM]
STEP 1: DEFINE the word content

sunettedimensions set the channel topic: Defining, Redefining and Living the Word Content

miranda Being satisfied

marlen lol first association was content as in stuff contained somewhere

tormod something is full of something

randy satisfied....

valentin.rozman Felling of fulness

marlen yep fulfilled

sunettedimensions lol marlen - it'd be goof to fit 'you' / contain you into the word as well to experience it for yourself in the living! lol

valentin.rozman Being calm, relaxed

[1:07 PM]
kellyposey Satisfied with myself and my experience, at ease

joekou for me the association is more of a 'compromise/appeasement'

randy yeah, me too marlen... con-tent' not con'-tent

sunettedimensions Okay, let's also be more specific! DEFINE the energy, sensation, feeling it has in your body when thinking about, speaking, writing the word CONTENT

marlen yep as in what I contain, what I'm made of, what I make of myself

kims Hi

[1:08 PM]
alyson Yes Miranda, satisfied, and for me there is an aspect of feeling comfortable at home perhaps, so I can see the con of the tent here as well

tormod I thought about Contempt also... not the same

carlton Hello

anna Yes, I also saw/read 'content' as 'that which is inside'.

[1:09 PM]
kims Content - stable, comfortable with

tormod Satesfied, having pleased my body with quality food, a work out, good shower(warm & cold) a good massage, a nice talk to someone

marlen to me it relates to being at ease/peace where there's no 'buzzing' sensations related to having left something undone/behind/un-dealt with, so there's essentially no 'high' or low just full-filled

sunettedimensions For me, in the past, when initially looking at the word and defining it - I became hmmm discontended lol the complete opposite of content

kims Lol

anna Otherwise, it's quite a subtle experience, I would say organized, "together", "settled" are accompanying words.

alyson For me it is an ease deep in my belly , and a big in breath, filling my lungs with life

marlen yeah I can relate to that @tormod mostly based on how I go living the moment/day

marjo At ease and comfortable with my situation/life in this moment

carlton Satisfied, with the status quo.

valentin.rozman If being a tire - to have just the right pressure for a perfect drive :slightly_smiling_face:

miranda I have a negative feeling with being content/satisfied

tormod Laying on the sofa after dinner

[1:10 PM]
anna More me it's not so related to being 'relaxed/at ease' interestingly, but more with being focused/set/in place.

kimk Yes, for me it is like a sense of satisfaction.... but it's always like there is something missing, I could have done more/better, so it slips away quickly

kims Nice analogy @valentin.rozman

sunettedimensions I felt even more lost, disassociated with myself, uneasy, self conscious, uncomfortable, missing past relationships who I believed I couldn't live without - content was, for me, linked to fulfilment and I was in a space where I did not experience it inside myself nor without. So, anyone able to relate to this experience or even where you have NO IDEA of what content really means?

tormod neutral ?

[1:11 PM]
valentin.rozman Thanks @kims

anna Oh yes for sure @sunettedimensions

sunettedimensions Cause this is where it started for me - initially not knowing the word, when I came to understand the word and its meaning and value for others, I experienced the opposite lol

anna "I'll never be satisfied"

leilazm When I look at the word and write it down, what comes up is "I should be but I'm not"

marjo yes

alyson that’s interesting Miranda, why may you have associated something negative with being satisfied?

joekou yes @sunettedimensions that is how i currently relate to 'content' - it is more of a 'does not compute'

marlen yep sure, before it was like that, seemed elusive/out of reach or something that I had to constantly 'look for' outside of myself

anna I see it more like moments where I've had the experience and how I felt then.

tormod only that I blend it with "contempt"

[1:12 PM]
joekou or rather it is actually a 'discontent'

sunettedimensions So, even more specific with the DEFINITION processs everyone - it's not about defining the word AS YOU THINK YOU SHOULD for yourself or anyone else, it is about your honesty and experience RIGHT NOW!

@miranda can you define that negative experience?

[1:13 PM]
anna So it's not so much "what the word means" but more "who I am in relation to the word"?

miranda @alyson Being satisfied = not good enough

kims @joekou just read that as disconnect

randy for me, it's like being relaxed - a feeling of being relaxed

mattifreeman When I looked at this word some months ago what I found was that where I'm not seemingly able to be content, is where I'm linked to some 'missing content'

joekou @kims yes that is also specific methinks lol

randy at ease, or at peace with something

[1:14 PM]
mattifreeman like as in content creation - that meaning of the word, lol

anna Cool mattifreeman

sunettedimensions yes @anna

kims I haven't used this word for sometime now

kimk It's like being content is always just out of reach, a fleeting moment after a job well-done, and then the critical eye comes in

miranda I can relate @kimk

tormod The word content is my own achivement, something I have earned or worked for. Almost going into judging myself and seeing ego's potential there so

[1:15 PM]
marjo yes cool description kimk

anna Another 'dark' experience I've had in relation to this word, is that I'm not allowed to be content or experience myself as content - like it's a forbidden word.

tormod that is when i lay on the sofa though....

sunettedimensions @leilazm that's an interesting point coming up. now you've got to ask yourself "is it just a thought interfering here or is this a part of me speaking from a deeper point / issue?" meaning, if you drop the thought and look again - do you change in the experience of the word or is it the same?

if you stay the same after dropping the thought @leilazm that came up immediately, then it means the thought was linked to a deeper dimension or pattern to look at

marlen lol I can relate to that type of self-diminishing pattern anna, though being seeing more clearly these days

[1:16 PM]
alyson I am aware of the similar sounding word contained, but like Randy, I have no obvious issue with this word at all, I find it easy to feel content, but if I look deeper, there could be a boredom come up, how can I remain or find more contentment, for me this is a role animals and my children fulfill , and also having a quiet moment to myself with some sunshine, I am very content with that!

sunettedimensions if you change and actually become more settled as the word, then was just a conscious pattern of distraction like a veil preventing you from seeing / noticing the real moment as you

tormod content is like linking "self" and "direction", to see that I am walking towards my goal of awareness

kellyposey Interesting, I do remember in the past being confused by this word like it wasn't something I experienced and saw it as linked to desires that were unfulfilled, so like how could I be content, because it was attached to outside conditions and wants that I didn't have/couldn't get

miranda Being content is that everything is standing still, not dynamic anymore, not moving and thus not oke

[1:17 PM]
mattifreeman like - the contents of my life I am in some way seeing as not enough / missing something - and where yes my contentment is linked to the missing content - so I it was a process of making contentment about the contents in me - what do I have to work with in me, how am I creating my content within my life as it is - or am I compromising / sabotaging my contentment by remaining within relationships in my mind to 'content out there, or in the past, or in the future'

leilazm There's still an unsettledness underneath it, though clearer

ingrids I find it related to untrustable, like saying i am content but inside not really aligned - but, i need to look up the Dutch translation - any dutchie here who has a translation ready?

alyson @miranda I can see the relationship between unsatisfied and not good enough, but not satisfied, can you explain more?

sunettedimensions Hmmm @miranda you're defining the word immobile, stagnant, so somewhere your mind linked / connected the definition of words cross-wiring

valentin.rozman Content could also be described as reaching the final destination, completing ultimate goal or returning home.

[1:18 PM]
Or becoming ripe.

sunettedimensions @leilazm now define where the unsettledness is coming from - whether its a part of you not believing you're content or wanting to be satisfied with it or again a deeper pattern just distracting you from making peace with what is really here as you and fighting it against it rather than embracing what you already are :slightly_smiling_face:

marjo @ingrids tevreden, voldaan, genoegen

ingrids Thanks @marjo

miranda @alyson Content as satisfied as feeling happy with something/a situation/an outcome

sunettedimensions So, @miranda where'd you accept this definition of content

[1:19 PM]
Did you define it?

marlen whenever I have this 'discontent' or 'dissatisfied' experience, I look at where am I not directing myself, what am I not doing/creating where I can basically create such contents and purposes for me in my moment day, and that usually assists

leilazm Lol the latter

sunettedimensions or did you copy it from someone, somewhere?

anna Awww @leilazm

leilazm Seems to be my tendency with a lot of things:confused:

miranda @sunettedimensions this is what is at first opening up within me in relation to the word

[1:20 PM]
sunettedimensions Good one @leilazm - well done :slightly_smiling_face:

mattifreeman I used to live contentment within desires / hopes / wishes, linked to 'the content that is meant for me' -- and since I don't apparently have the content that I believe is meant for me -- I cannot be content

sunettedimensions Now, you'll start noticing the pattern more, catch it in the moment and walk these two points you walked now

@leilazm

joekou timely - this has been a prickly point in me for a while - coming more to the forefront now

tormod content is a long out breathe

[1:21 PM]
sunettedimensions @leilazm will walk it through fast in real time moments when catching it in its tracks

mattifreeman So yeah within seeing that - I was able to redefine my contentment as the content that I am / can create

anna Yes I can relate to that @leilazm - the recent fighting recordings are much supportive.

sunettedimensions Okay @miranda so how about we redefine the word?

randy i can be content (satisfied/pleased) with the amount of work I get/got done in a day, or relating to a specific task... keeping it simple - not looking a a grander scale

ida hi everyone

[1:22 PM]
miranda yes @sunettedimensions

anna Yes that's how I looked at it as well @randy

kimk cool @randy

sunettedimensions Alrightly all

let's walk to REDEFINING STEP 2 - REDEFINING THE WORD CONTENT FOR AND AS ME

kims I experienced myself as content today when I saw a pattern emerge and understood it - but at the time I didn't immediately have the word within me, just the experience of being satisfied, there was like an excitement- like aha I got it, now I can work with it

sunettedimensions Now, we gotta make it PRACTICAL

remember here everyone

a critical practical simple step we tend to miss:

when redefining a word

remember you

remember your everyday life

alyson @ Miranda, so how about linking the stillness you are not ok with , with the movement of a relaxed breath, does that feel ok for you.?

[1:23 PM]
sunettedimensions you've got to redefine the word in a way where you can ADD it practically to things you are ALREADY DOING in your everyday life or a few moments you can ADD to your everyday life without compromising everyday responsibilities, obligations etc

marlen I can relate to that randy though also considering how this 'discontent' as in 'missing content' becomes like a mental habit of constantly 'feeling like' there's something else/more to do/reach as in constantly not embracing what one is here/ can direct/do, so it's cool to identify these two dimensions of it and stick to that physical day to day living and directing of how can I create, direct, work with myself in a way that I am satisfied

miranda I was thinking about that @alyson

alyson Whoops mind the gap, should have been @miranda above

[1:24 PM]
:sunglasses:

sunettedimensions Nice @kims cool share!

anna One thing I would say in relation to that @marlen - is that I've definitely been chasing that experience of feeling content, and I've sometimes compromised for it, like not being okay even if I wasn't content. I find that interesting.

kims Thank you sunette

alyson Try it @miranda, and see how it works for you

sunettedimensions Nicely shared @randy and that's it! All there is to it - the simplicity of self. Is something I also added to my sharing recently in the pic on FAcebook: the linkage between content and simplicity

[1:25 PM]
randy yes, that was cool @sunettedimensions

valentin.rozman Content - State of awareness that I am life as the physical that I can experience whenever I decide to breathe effectively.

alyson Hi @ida

[1:26 PM]
marlen how I see it is also creating content is both things based in doing/getting to do what I set to do, and at the end of the day I see that satisfaction -and it also relates to working with whatever 'unsettles' me throughout my day, getting to direct it and see what do I have to work with/change, do differently, and it interestingly becomes enjoyable to then live a day this way and that's how I practically see to create contentedness

sunettedimensions my STEP 2 REDEFINING PROCESS: I gradually took the words defined as discontent: uncomfortable, self conscious, not good enough, unnoticed, unappreciated, depressed, no purpose and realized it took me to the word proud - it's like, I wasn't seeing ME in my own eyes

I wasn't proud of ME

alyson “Content - State of awareness that I am life as the physical that I can experience whenever I decide to breathe effectively.” @valentin.rozman , I like it,

ingrids Cool @randy i can see it in that context yes

[1:27 PM]
sunettedimensions I wasn't congratulating me, happy with me, satisfied and comfortable with "just me in my presence" anymore

I went to when last I felt like that

randy cool ingrids

marlen yep @anna I was very much into that experience before until I understood how it was more like a mental habit of sorts, a constant 'yearning' sensation instead of focusing on how I can create myself, what can I do, what do I have to open up/work with to set myself in that 'blank slate' so that I can move to allow myself to live/be what I want to be doing... so kind of first identifying the 'bugger' and then moving to self creation

valentin.rozman Thanks @alyson

[1:28 PM]
sunettedimensions took me to childhood when I entertained myself with the simplest things and one of my favourites: building sand castles, collecting sea shells, making up stories and playing them out in reality lol, doing dance routines in my room

anna Cool @marlen

kellyposey Yes @sunettedimensions like now content is for me to be content with myself, like seeing myself as 'enough' and not through eyes of judgment of what I am missing or what I am not

sunettedimensions so, I asked myself: what can I do for me and just me that only I start with?

[1:29 PM]
kimk cool, yes, I had many content moments as a child and often reflect on that, how easy it was back then, when now it seems so elusive!

[1:29 PM]
ida I have not read everything but what I see in myself is a feeling of being behind.. like there is so much that is not in place and thus not being content like I would like. Like there is a running and chasing after being content like it is something outside of me and seems like it is so difficult to become it. So there is a desire. Even though rationally I it is something that I can only be if I stop chasing it

[1:30 PM]
sunettedimensions I started with a routine of speaking a statement to myself every day I said "girl, notice your eyes, they glisten when you smile. Smile as much as you can today and share that with others" - so, I started smiling more. Whenever I didn't and allowed emotions to get the best of me I KNEW I lost that glisten in my eyes lol - so worked through that in moments and gave MYSELF lil smile first and then continued.

kims I have found this process of redefining words every week really useful because one just leads to another - and there is also a contentment in this as I join the dots and I can see how I am expanding

sunettedimensions I started being content with smiling, giving myself a smile in the morning as I wake up and say to myself "good morning!"

from there, share myself with others

anna Awww @sunettedimensions that's awesome - and simple.

kims Nice @sunettedimensions

sunettedimensions this was my first step to being content

randy that's very cool @sunettedimensions

[1:31 PM]
marjo very cool @sunettedimensions

sunettedimensions being comfortable with me smiling, not being self conscious of my smile or myself cause I gave it more meaning and purpose

kims We are so not used to being content with us

sunettedimensions So, you can even look at something as simple as that

[1:32 PM]
marlen lol that's a cool one, I find it funny to do that in front of the mirror as well, do funny faces just because, also singing out loud, though this I mostly do when being alone, it's quite enjoyable, and also talk to myself whenever there's something 'going on' and lead myself to a resolution, that's also cool to do

kellyposey Cool example

anna Yes, I enjoy talking to myself as well.

marlen and I've found that we won't necessarily 'feel' like doing these things, it's an actual decision and movement to express that

[1:33 PM]
alyson For me, I just love the feeling of the sun on my face , I find great contentment with that, and also a relaxed breath with a coffee or cup of tea, it is often the simple things that provide contentment

kims I am stroking my cat right now and I am finding this experience a very content one, as is the cat lol

sunettedimensions So, even if you have a definition now for content, I am content with content like "I have reached the ultimate content with myself" lol it's a trap

tormod lolol yea self communication @anna awsome point - dont miss self talks they rule !

anna Oh Jesus no.

sunettedimensions Whenever I feel I have reached a definition of a word and "became it"

I progress

marlen definitely @alyson that too, I can relate to the wind sensation, and how enjoyable that is in the moment

sunettedimensions immediately

I move myself

[1:34 PM]
anna It's tricked me every single time lolol

sunettedimensions not to get stuck in "now THIS IS WHO I AM AND ALL THAT I AM AS THIS"

lol @anna

ida I am content when I am playing in/with water

sunettedimensions I challenge those who experience content on a level now to redefine and step your definition

valentin.rozman To break out of the comfort zone

marlen yeah it's best to not see it as 'reaching' but a constant point we can decide to create/live for ourselves whenever we go into a belief that we are not, finding out why exactly and then getting to see how can I change the moment into a more fulfilling one

[1:35 PM]
alyson Lol, yes @sunettedimensions , to not limit where we find contentment

anna "step your definition" @sunettedimensions?

tormod step the definition ?

sunettedimensions step UP was missing @anna

randy right, it might have been who you were IN THAT MOMENT, but it doesn't define Who You Are ALL THE TIME

sunettedimensions lol

yes @randy

marlen I used to for example define being content as only possible until every single being could be at peace/ease.... well that was definitely a trap, that was the source of denial of being able to do this within me first of all.

anna I would even say that there's barely a point I've worked with that hasn't come back with a whole new dimension that I didn't see initially.

kimk Yes - for me it has always been about achieving something, I never looked at being content with something about myself, just as I am

sunettedimensions So, it changes from trying to attain content to asking "what MORE can content as me express and live and experience?"

marjo I had my granddaughters this week staying with me and everything went very smoothly, so I am content with it.

[1:36 PM]
marlen it sounds like expanding, and getting out of the 'usual ways' as well

sunettedimensions So, content started with me and I started sharing, but always first me - even in the facebook pic, hot chocolate and rain will be one of my fave content moments lol

randy absolutely anna

sunettedimensions still takes me back to my Cape Town living by the ocean childhood years lol

joekou cool point there @marlen i also had that 'cop out' of 'i cannot be happy/content' if the world is not happy/content

[1:37 PM]
anna Also letting go of that idea of 'finishing' words/points, but accepting and embracing that organic unfolding process

kims Yes @sunettedimensions - 'favourite content moments' I like it

marlen yep you said it, cop out, indeed, that was totally me lol

adam Cool Sunette, I got it with the raining thing

[1:38 PM]
tormod content is when I see that my efforts are paying of

kellyposey oh man, yep, the rain

sunettedimensions For now, my latest challenge for content and redefining it, is moving myself into a content with myself in the toughest of moments when making decisions or facing a time of tribulation and the unknown

anna Yeah for me, it's sitting with a cup of coffee on a sunny day on the stair case. Ahhhhhhh.

[1:39 PM]
marlen and it's also cool to not relate it to 'a positive experience' sometimes we go through tough shit yet being content as in living what we can in such situations to the best of our ability, so it's not all bliss and peace

randy if you "wait" to be content once everything/everyone else is, you'd never experience contentment

anna Yes @sunettedimensions - that's how I see it as well, it is more about transforming those moments of discontentedness

alyson @sunettedimensions, So to step up for me, to be aware of where I have discontent, and find a solution for me to live contentment, also I see the word patience connected, for me, while we are having building work in the garden, there is nowhere at present to sit, but I can sit on the ground instead , and be patient as I know I soon will have somewhere to sit soon enough

sunettedimensions The question "can I be content with myself, even when everything seems to be awry?" When I don't know, things are unclear, uncertain, murky - is there still a deep stillness with and as me, or does it waver?

adam the relaxed belly is like a form of content with me

tormod content is after a mean with lots of vinegard and cheese and then sofa lol

after a meal *

marlen lol @randy yeah that was the trick there, it's a self-deprecating pattern I found, or self-denial, diminishing, punishment even

sunettedimensions So, I evolve me in and as the word content, but all my past LIVING definitions remains with and as ,me and I indulge in them for time to time!

[1:40 PM]
kims Content - to see and experience every moment for what it is and be comfortable with that

sunettedimensions Remember, as you change and progress in a definition and living of a word, it always stays with you and when the moment allows you will LIVE IT

tormod i laugh now of feeling that content like i do then

randy yes marlen

sunettedimensions redefining and living words is quite "eternal" in the sense of the unlimited nature of expressions that can emerge in self and living from one word

valentin.rozman Also great one @kims

[1:41 PM]
marlen I also went through a phase of denying the moments I would enjoy because of thinking oh no it's of the mind, cannot enjoy that, almost like 'I have to suffer' type of mindset... so had to walk through my whole construct of having to remain in the 'suffering' part of living and slowly but surely go embracing the actual enjoyable things in life

sunettedimensions cool @alyson

anna Oh man. I've been using my redefinition of 'calm' and even say it to Lora if I see she needs the word.

[1:42 PM]
ida I also have it with 'bad' weather. LIke when it started to get rainy and colder were I live. And just walking in the rain and cold and embracing it and the moment of walking. This also because of the process I walked with embracing 'bad' weather before. I used to not like it too much and react. But because of haven embraced it, today I have much of an appreciation with it and who I am within it

anna So I say to her "call yourself back home Lora" - but I wouldn't say the word is here with me at all times in all situations. I still have to 'pull it out' so to speak

alyson I had a strange experience this week one day at work, where everything I was able to do automatically seemed ‘gone’ for a moment, and I realised this was a process moment and to be ok with it, and treat it like a fun game of relearning and slowing down

marlen I'd also add to that @kims otherwise I've also been in that complacency of 'all is fine' there's no need to do anything else, things just are... so also seeing where I can add salt and pepper so to speak, something new, different I can do/create, and it's not something that may naturally emerge though, it's like a decision to also break the status quo

[1:43 PM]
tormod i guess that eternalness is part of why so few (dare?) to redefine words - public @sunettedimensions

randy yeah. and cool you've been doing that marlen

kims Nice @marlen

[1:44 PM]
randy very cool ida

[1:44 PM]
marlen and nope it doesn't mean doing something 'out of this world' or out of our ability/capacity, can be simple things, rather seeing it as the simple things we can do

[1:45 PM]
sunettedimensions Until next week Wednesday

kims Bye all

sunettedimensions let's walk the LIVING of the redefining of the word content

anna Ok deal!

marjo Thanks @sunettedimensions and all

miranda Yes, will do

sunettedimensions I will share my living of the word content and the challenges I face / am facing with being content / satisfied / here with me even in the toughest of times

[1:46 PM]
Whoever would love to join, will appreciate it!

Thanks all for being here and sharing

Joining in

marlen ok cool stuff, thanks for sharing guys see you then !

[1:47 PM]
miranda Thanks all, bye

alyson Thanks all, byeee!

sunettedimensions Grateful for the stimulation of self reflection and introspection

Speak to all soon!

Bye!

kimk Yes, I will post some moments of contentment as I explore the word over the next couple of weeks

randy Thanks everyone... see you tomorrow

kimk Thanks everyone!

ida thanks bye bye

sunettedimensions Nice @kimk

kellyposey Thanks all. Bye!

adam bye and thanks sunettedimansions