TQ (Thoughtful Question) for the day - 26 January 2018

Marlen

TQ (Thoughtful Question) for the day - 26 January 2018

Post by Marlen »

[1:00 PM]
sunettedimensions set the channel topic: TQ (Thoughtful Question) for the day - let's see where it leads. We start 5 after the hour
[1:06 PM]
miranda Hi
alyson Hi
sunettedimensions set the channel topic: TQ (Thoughtful Question) for the day - let's see where it leads. WE START
[1:07 PM]
valentin.rozman Hi all :slightly_smiling_face:
carlton Hello
sunettedimensions So, we start today with a question: "Have you noticed a detail about your or another's face today that caught your eye?" - whether 'good' or 'bad'. Any particular detail?
randy hello everyone
sunettedimensions ...and Good Evening All :slightly_smiling_face:
[1:08 PM]
tormod good eve ! cant say i noticed that
randy haven't seen another person yet, today...
sunettedimensions Yourself?
tormod well
yea i felt it with my hands around my eyes
sunettedimensions Detail about the face specifically :slightly_smiling_face:
[1:09 PM]
tormod my skinn around my eyes are more smooth silky
gentle
carlton I look younger
sunettedimensions Cool detail you noticed tormod
randy in the mirror, yes.... notice this "spot" on my cheek and wonder what it is - why its there.... hasn't always been there... figure it comes with age
alyson Yes, I haven’t got up and looked in the mirror yet, but I just had a look at my partners face, we have just woken up this side of the world, and he furrowed his brow , looked grumpy , and said “what are you doing , get out of my space”, lol
[1:10 PM]
sunettedimensions @carlton more like detail "a wrinkle", a red dot, a bump that wasn't there before etc
Alright, though the purpose of the exercise:
is to allow everyone a moment to think for a bit / look
not to do it now that you know about it though
[1:11 PM]
kims Yes I have a small bump like a flesh coloured spot on my forehead last few months
sunettedimensions just naturally look / see how long ago have you noticed such detail about yourself, others
dan Nose shape has always stood out to me
sunettedimensions So, we see ourselves, others every day / every other day - yet, how often do we pay attention to detail?
Different details?
[1:12 PM]
The eyes, the corners of the mouth, the forehead, a strand of hair....
randy yesterday noticed a friend's teeth.... and realized that I'd never noticed her teeth before
garbrielle I just commented that I look still like I rolled out of bed, cause I had to get up relatively early to drive my mom to a colonscopy and didn't have coffee right away, my face looked pale and eyes a bit sunken/not lively
[1:13 PM]
miranda Lately I have noticed several new details on my face
tormod i have one strand of hair that is like all alone lol... right where i used to have more hair on my head
sunettedimensions Cool detail you noticed there @garbrielle
[1:14 PM]
carlton Oh yes a small spot on the left sides of my my face and to the left, under my left eye.
alyson Yes @randy I was talking to one of my daughters friends dad the other day, and I noticed the detail of his teeth, which I hadn’t before, not in a judgemental way, more in a wow this is a new observation
sunettedimensions Interesting Miranda
garbrielle ah strange, also just noticed my business partners teeth and had the same thought @randy....he commented a while ago that he didn't like his teeth, and I though 'he has nice teeth and they are white'
sunettedimensions lol @garbrielle
Alright all - let's focus the chat for a moment to the next point
randy this morning when I thought I was going to have a video chat, I went and splashed cold water on my face to make sure I looked more "awake"... lol
[1:15 PM]
alyson Lol @randy
sunettedimensions Point though I would like everyone to have a look at
is ATTENTION TO DETAIL
[1:16 PM]
how the acceptance of "I always see myself, this / that person / this / that street, house / my car" - allows us to be off guard and essentially 'slack off' when it comes to being focused, attentive and specific
this also comes through in our relationship with our minds
randy ahh,,, see your point @sunettedimensions
[1:17 PM]
sunettedimensions when it comes to our relationship with thoughts, backchats, emotions, etc. - because we always see them, they're there - we start looking GENERAL at our minds within and our world without, we LOSE SIGHT of the DETAIL, the SPECIFICS the DEFINITION
kims These words were on my mind today lol at 3.30pm I started seemingly random if look at attention to detail - and what was coming up on me was I noticed someone near hand writing
sunettedimensions What would you say happens when we lose touch, sight, focus, attention to the detail?
kims *neat
sunettedimensions Cool @kims
[1:18 PM]
randy we drop our "guard" so to speak, @sunettedimensions
kims Bad grammar on my phone - what I mean is that I realised I need to pay more attention after seeing this neat written
tormod we slip and we sway into energy
garbrielle become inefficent
[1:19 PM]
carlton Miss the obvious
randy and allow our thoughts to run wild for a bit before stopping
alyson Yes Tormod, I would say that too, the specific detail keeps one anchored in the moment and the body, otherwise we get lost in the head
tormod good point @carlton
sunettedimensions Yes @randy that
is a good one
dropping our guard
[1:20 PM]
Inefficient yes indeed @garbrielle
randy indeed @alyson
sunettedimensions So, we can look into many slippery stumbling blocks that can happen with this "generalized acceptance" - even our change, our application process then become "general"
[1:22 PM]
so, if you have a look into what of yourself within and without has become generalized, what detail you are not really seeing anymore - I've noticed it happen to just about everything. I missed seeing the detail of leafs, the clouds, the grass, the trees, my house - I started walking into the nooks and crannies and focusing detail - to my surprise, seeing things I hadn't before, but was always looking at it
together with that...I started seeing POTENTIAL I hadn't seen before
this is bringing me to my next point:
[1:23 PM]
how we may also be generalizing who we are, what we're capable of achieving, learning and changing...because we're not seeing the detail, the specifics, the 'through and through' of ourselves anymore...
randy makes sense, @sunettedimensions
sunettedimensions we've lost sight of the moments, the experiences, the chances in our everyday life to learn something new about ourselves, our world, do something different, spontaneous
[1:24 PM]
Who can share what is coming up for you with this point opening up?
[1:24 PM]
randy that I need to be more focused on DETAILS - All of the time.... not kjust going through the motions
[1:25 PM]
kims I have been noticing similar things @sunettedimensions - I stood waiting for the bus today and noticed different angles on a building I look at everyday and realised in that moment I wasn’t seeing it, just looking at it
[1:26 PM]
randy cool kims
alyson Yes the spontaneity point is very fresh for me, as there is a health event on near our house today ,after this chat, and I am arranging to meet up with someone for some workshops , but we both know lots of people and are in the process of being organised enough to meet but free enough to be spontaneous and choose what is right for us individually today as well as a group
sunettedimensions Cool @kims - ah! the use of the word angles also bringing through an interesting point, that attention to detail and focusing on that will assist and support in developing the skill of enabling oneself to see things from different angles and perspectives, take a moment to look at EVERYTHING before speaking, acting, deciding.
[1:27 PM]
carlton How much I've missed not paying attention to the details
sunettedimensions Existing in and as this generalizing has also allowed us to generalize how we view things, decide on things, come up with solutions etc.
tormod I have challenged myself to not accept the choice of defeatism. like today I though/awareness of I can bake bread. and yes there was some dimensions of fog and defeatism/lesser of me - but i stood my ground and baked those breads. lol this happened more today/yesterday with cleaning my desk (pjuh) - and cleaning a locker in the kitchen, sorting my t-shirts etc... just freaking do it ! lol
[1:28 PM]
randy excellent point @sunettedimensions
garbrielle I find when I receive a point of positivity from another, say a compliment or a well done in a point I have been working at, where I get recognition and my hard work has shown results in the world, then I will go into a chill out and kind of take a break, and then in a way slip into a complacency for a while, until something bopps me back into a point of saying 'oh shit, I need to get moving again' so kind of like an imbalance in the ups and downs of process, being moved by them instead of moving myself in a consistent stable direct path so tos epal
speak*
alyson Yes @kims , can relate I have been noticing the detail of the leaves and the bees in our new garden, and as a child or young adult I was always drawn to observing the details of the leaves around me
[1:30 PM]
Interesting point re taking a moment to look at all angles / dimensions before talking/ acting @sunettedimensions
sunettedimensions NICE tormod! whooohoo!!!
randy cool @tormod
kims I love sitting in the garden in the summer @alyson and watching the insects and detail of what’s happening down in the grass
[1:31 PM]
sunettedimensions @garbrielle I've had that too - can definitely take that point on and open it up more in vids
[1:31 PM]
kims Well down Tormod - good job
[1:32 PM]
garbrielle well done Tormod
miranda Can relate @alyson there is so much to see when looking at details, I am always amazed, like 'wow', look how this is created.
garbrielle cool @sunettedimensions
kims Can relate @garbrielle
tormod the newest eqafe have me going...it is challenging but when i look at it - common sense - and I know it is for the better/improvement for all
[1:33 PM]
randy yeah... basking in our "glory" after receiving some recognition can easily lead to complacency @garbrielle - have done that
[1:33 PM]
alyson Cool @tormod , I found that latest eqafe interview on defeatism very helpful, and have pushed myself to do some upright paddle boarding within a group event, originally I said no, not my thing and have never done it before, and then I changed my mind and decided to move beyond such a defeatist attitude, and instead give it a go even in front of so many people
[1:34 PM]
randy cool alyson
garbrielle yes @randy obviously creating an inefficiency in the potential that we can actually live, so I have been looking at this point recently as it's shown up for me....so will be cool to hear some perspectives on this and work with it more
tormod ahhh nice @alyson paddling in NZ... sounds nice lol
[1:35 PM]
alyson It’s in a specially created kayak @tormod , quite popular to hire them here
[1:36 PM]
tormod that would be challenging for me to : @alyson like people sitting watching eating chips etc... lol
randy lol @tormod
sunettedimensions Congrats Alyson - awww man, I'm sure you'll have fun and actually enjoy it!
[1:37 PM]
alyson Lol Tormod, mmmmm, thanks @sunettedimensions
tormod my laughter has changed or is changing @sunettedimensions
randy have seen people doing that @alyson but have never tried it... have concerns about my balance.... lol
[1:38 PM]
tormod maybe it is my expression
[1:38 PM]
alyson Yes exactly @randy , balance is a constant challenge for me both physically and emotionally, are they linked in fact @sunettedimensions ?
[1:39 PM]
sunettedimensions I would also say this point will support WITHIN by starting WITHOUT. Meaning, to take with you for the week: focus on the detail of your facial features. Others' detail as well as you speak, greet, say a quick hello. The detail of your surroundings. Then, take it to the WITHIN. Focus on the detail of reactions more / the backchats and their natures / emotions. Focus more on the detail of solutions, look at all the angles and make sure you are satisfied. Let's see what a change this brings into ourselves and our lives
I remember my grandfather
he used to sit outside in the afternoons from 1200 'till just before dark, quietly listening to the birds
He could sit, breather and just listen
[1:40 PM]
I remember asking him "but what do you do out here" - he said "I just breathe, and I listen"
randy cool
tormod nice @sunettedimensions cool points to look at for this week !
sunettedimensions this made him a very quiet, stable, solid individual - with a deep presence of comfort, hereness and depth
[1:41 PM]
showing us a point to look at: cause he focused on the DETAIL, quieting his mind, himself, to be HERE
alyson Aaaww nice memory @sunettedimensions :grinning:
sunettedimensions this reminding me of another benefit of focusing on the detail: quieting the mind
This can be another technique we can give a go when you feel like your thoughts and emotions are going out of hand
[1:42 PM]
to focus on the detail of your surroundings, describe it, sense it, shift the attention
[1:42 PM]
randy yep @sunettedimensions... 'cause you're Directing yourself in the moment.... not allowing the mind to be the director....
[1:44 PM]
tormod all is aware - there are awsom articles on the awareness of things (coffe cup, chair, elastic band (!) etc) at D - page - articles
[1:44 PM]
sunettedimensions Cool tormod - yes indeed
[1:45 PM]
Alrighty all - everyone got their cupFUL of thoughtFUL - FILLING points to look into and carry with into your week?
[1:45 PM]
randy indeed... thank you for bringing this up @sunettedimensions....
[1:46 PM]
carlton Yes
sunettedimensions You're welcome @randy
Nice @carlton glad to hear
Thanks all for joining and being here! Speak again next week
[1:47 PM]
miranda Yes
Thanks @sunettedimensions
randy Thanks to all for being here... Thanks again @sunettedimensions
alyson Yes thanks @sunettedimensions and all here , byeee!
[1:48 PM]
carlton Thanks @sunettedimensions and all
miranda Bye
sunettedimensions Bye!
carlton Bye
randy bye guys

Return to “Public Chats”