Do I have a relationship with my body, with food or diets? - 31 January 2018

Marlen

Do I have a relationship with my body, with food or diets? - 31 January 2018

Post by Marlen »

sunettedimensions set the channel topic: Do I have a relationship with my body, with food - or diets? What relationship starting point from myself, my body and food in my life must stand to ensure I don't compromise myself with diets? We start 5 after the hour
[1:04 PM]
valentin.rozman Hi all :slightly_smiling_face:
[1:04 PM]
kims hi all
[1:05 PM]
carlton Hello
sunettedimensions set the channel topic: Do I have a relationship with my body, with food - or diets? What relationship starting point from myself, my body and food in my life must stand to ensure I don't compromise myself with diets? WE START
kims I have a quick question @sunettedimensions - can not drinking enough water alone cause an ache, discomfort in the kidneys?
[1:06 PM]
sunettedimensions I've experienced that yes @kims
But not the one and only no
It seldom happens, even sometimes going a month with not enough water kidneys are fine
No particular pain / pains
So, wouldn't say it's the one and only cause / contribution
Obviously many factors can contribute, from nutrient deficiency, mind / emotions, water, something you're eating / drinking body is not agreeing with etc
[1:08 PM]
dan i have an undernourished relationship with eating, and particualrly planning eating
sunettedimensions Alright, all this chat dedicated to @fred
kimk Hi all
kims Thank you @sunettedimensions
dan looking forward to it, thanks @fred
sunettedimensions He asked some weeks ago regarding diets - so we'll discuss it here
valentin.rozman Currently I have a bit of a problem enjoying my diet. Two days ago I got root canals on another of my teeth with three roots. I still have some pain and my right cheek has swollen yesterday.
sunettedimensions Essentially - when it comes to diet, we can take it to the SOURCE POINT to simplify one's relationship and experience with diets:
SOURCE POINT being: who am I within it, what's its relationship with my body and what is my relationship with food within it all?
[1:09 PM]
viktorpersson Cool topic
[1:10 PM]
sunettedimensions In @fred and many others situation - diets do serve as a support to lose weight, BUT would always suggest a balance between diet and exercise for losing weight, equally introduce changes to the both on both exercise and food intake / level
this will already naturally set up your body LONGTERM throughout your life to adopt a healthy food and body lifestyle / relationship
Sad thing is with DIETS is people want CHANGE NOW, instead of looking longterm, in my opinion
meaning
[1:11 PM]
valentin.rozman I watched the complete Broken Brain series and have learned even more how proper diet is important, also to achieve a good mental condition.
[1:11 PM]
sunettedimensions Best for you and the body would be to from the get incorporate a relationship with food and exercise that will be a health and life / exercise style you can carry with you throughout your life
So, diets then become this QUICK FIX actually causing more mental, emotional and physical consequences over the years / lifetime cause people - due to their lives, times and money - keep going up and down, everywhere and nowhere with purely looking at diets and quick fixes now
[1:12 PM]
kims I have noticed how over the last few months, just cutting back on sweet things, and walking briskly to work from the bus, and yoga almost every day, how my body shape is changing, becoming stronger and more toned/flexible, but it has taken over 10 months to start seeing a marked difference
[1:13 PM]
sunettedimensions My suggestion is: look at your life, time, money - not NOW, but LONGTERM as well and invest in a diet and exercise relationship that will have longterm effects and SUSTAINABLE change
anna Yes. What I am doing now is a long term change of my relationship with foods slowly but surely, which for example also includes taking an interest in cooking and learning how to cook really well.
sunettedimensions Yes @anna it's amazing the quick healthy meals you can make and prep
anna This in turn supports me to learn about vegetables for example and create more of a relationship with them.
kims cool @anna
[1:14 PM]
sunettedimensions For me, with my shoulder and body relationship, I am as a BRIDGE OF SUPPORT working with a nutritionist - balancing exercise and food very specifically to build my body and over time, we'll work to equalize the food, exercise etc for longterm adoption of a lifestyle with food and exercise
[1:14 PM]
viktorpersson Nice @sunettedimensions – this has been how I have looked at this point as well
[1:15 PM]
valentin.rozman I have months ago cut down on the sugar and do not sweeten my tea anymore. But that does not mean that I do not enjoy some sweets anymore. And fruits have become something that satisfy my sweet tooth the most.
[1:15 PM]
kims There is an app called couch to 10k that my friend is using and she has lost over 4 stone in a year and is fitter than ever and she is in her late forties, for anyone that is interested, it is an app you down load
[1:16 PM]
anna I've been watching a lot of cooking reality shows and I've found that supportive as well to start redefining my relationship with food. Also in that, that dieting isn't only about losing weight, but about nourishing the body in the best way. So there's also that level of learning to communicate with the body I've found. Now when I've had gall pain, I'll immediately feel pain before I am about to eat something, which to me is one of the first time, I am so clearly "picking up on" the body communicating to me, like an actual conversation lol - like for the first time I'm recognizing it as an independent entity that I have to collaborate with to co-exist. And the crazy thing is: It's been trying to communicate with me all along. I've just not been listening. In fact, I've refused to listen.
[1:17 PM]
sunettedimensions But this is a point to consider: invest in yourself, your body if you can, with a nutritionist. I mean, I wouldn't have worked with a nutrionist if it weren't for my shoulder and having to pick up specific muscle mass and strength / weight general in a particular time frime. SO working with a nutritionist in this context is specific for the situation at hand, with the science begind the food, exercise and weight gain relationship being done in a way where it will be sustainable and longterm. Though, this can be done by each one having a look at getting to know the basics of the food groups you need: protein, fruits, vegetables, fats and carbs - balancing these groups in what you need a day, look at your calorie intake vs output a day and according can build your relationship with food and exercise with the basics
dan i'm liking this emphasis on long-term. short-shighted eating is killing me :wink:
valentin.rozman lol @kims that reminds me on a sign at the gym that i visit once a week that says: “We are just a little bit more far away from your couch.”
[1:18 PM]
sunettedimensions So, I understand there are some who may use nutritionists or diet supports for a specific reason for a TIME FRAME as a BRIDGE - but look agead into the future as I am, to be able to make it sustainable longterm in your life. Meaning, know the DIET IS A BRIDGE FOR A MOMENT, you have to step off it and have your relationship with fooid and exercise set in a comfortable way where you can be independent and NATURAL and COMFORTABLE with it all
So this is my perspective on it all :slightly_smiling_face: anyone else stores, inputs, questions?
@kims yes - it initially TAKES LONGER to see changes, BUT THE CHANGES WILL BE LONGTERM!
[1:19 PM]
anna Yes, I did the extreme low carb diet, I lost 25 kilograms. But it was not cool for the body. It's still not back to normal.
and I gained all of it again...
[1:20 PM]
sunettedimensions Many who do the diets and quick fixes find one thing: they work quick, but go backwards just as fast as it helped
[1:20 PM]
anna Yes
So now I am doing the extremely slow version which starts with common sense and building self-respect and love and communication with the body.
[1:21 PM]
sunettedimensions So, support that is needed, the mental support: patience, perseverance, breaking through resistances, not giving up and allowing excuses when resistances are overwhelming - int his, we do sometimes need a buddy support :slightly_smiling_face:
dan I often get mixed up with the two definitions of DIET in conversation - where I tend to orient more toward Diet: my total food intake. and the more common context for the word is Diet: quick fix for a body condition
sunettedimensions cool @anna
kimk Cool @anna, I have been experiencing a similar relationship developing with my body, where I consult with it when I decide what to eat, how to eat it and when. I check in with my body, and sometimes I get a stronger response than others. Sometimes I get no response, so then I use common sense. I also let myself indulge from time to time, and make sure I am consistent, but leave wiggle room. This to me had been the most effective, and yes, comfortable and sustainable. Now I am working on consistency with exercise
kims That's cool to know @sunettedimensions - I have been trying to keep a balance, of food and doing what I enjoy, and the things I can incorporate into my busy days, even just getting off the bus one stop early is helpful, and I also feel like I have much more physical energy...I also remember you saying somewhere that walking is better for the body than running?
sunettedimensions @anna doesn't matter how long it takes, what matters is the changes you see in you, the body, the EXPERIENCE of you, the body is what matters
anna Yes.
I've gone down about 20 kilograms since i had Lora, so that is about 1 year.
[1:23 PM]
sunettedimensions @kims walking and swimming yes - due the longterm effects of impacts on the knees with running. They've also proven fast-paced walking burns more calories than running, for example with some people who try and start to run to lose weight lol. When running supports with cardio training, fast paced heart rate - more explosive sport / exercise.
Extraordinary @anna
Well done, keep it up - you see, just by going by doing you, naturally - the body responds well for sure
kims Cool thank you @sunettedimensions
anna I used the weightwatchers as well for a little while with good results. I liked that. But it requires one to keep one's cool and not become obsessive about it. Otherwise I prefer the one you introduced to me @sunettedimensions - flexible dieting, which really also supports to develop a sensible relationship with food - more grounded and commonsensical where it doesn't become energy based.
kims awesome @anna
sunettedimensions lol @dan yes, they're used interchangeably
Agreed @anna
[1:24 PM]
anna Thank you very much. It is actually only now that I share it like this that I see that I have made some progress.
sunettedimensions flexible dieting is what're also using to build muscle and put on healthy weight for me - very cool
kims @sunettedimensions - I just had my work medical the other day and the doctor told me that I have the resting heart rate of an athelete
[1:25 PM]
sunettedimensions learn more about food, the different proteins, carbs, sugars, fibres etc. - really enjoying the experience
kims and she said she would think I did 3 hours a day of cardio
which I dont lol
sunettedimensions lol nice @kims
anna Jesus @kims lol!
[1:26 PM]
sunettedimensions means you're quite fit girl, may be underestimating your fitness potential right there
kims She said wow your heart is healthy LOL, do you do lots of cardio, and I said NO LOL
sunettedimensions Yes @valentin.rozman it's awesome when fruits / more natural things support with sweet tooth. I don't do sugar either, but prefer creamed honey - it's AMAZING in the morning coffee and smoothies
[1:27 PM]
valentin.rozman Yes @sunettedimensions and run for a but, then walk a bit, then run again, walk a but and run again. My body kinda does not enjoy very long runs so a take a break when I feel so. And such rhythmic exchange has also proven to generally be more effective in loosing weight. Of course walking for several hours to the mountains is also very effective.
leilazm maybe you naturally breathe well Kim :wink:
sunettedimensions @kims genetics also play a major role - you're fortunate
dan #creamedhoney :no_mouth:
kims I have always had a lot of stamina, but didn't think I was that fit lol
valentin.rozman Cool @sunettedimensions
kims cool @sunettedimensions
possibly @leilazm
I am very fortunate because they supply us with a basket of fruit for free in work everyday
so I eat lots more now
[1:29 PM]
kimk I don't look at my weight on a scale so much anymore, only from time to time out of curiosity, so that I don't get caught up in losing weight. I am shifting my focus more to how I feel in my body, plus I can tell if I am getting bigger if my clothes become tight! When I focused on the scale in the past I was also focusing too narrowly on losing weight and being thin, and that would lead to depriving myself then bouncing the other way and over-indulging. Now I am learning about moderation, treats, listening to my body and seeing where my mind comes in with cravings or emotional eating.
[1:29 PM]
sunettedimensions @anna yes, and this is something for all, which is what I've also been realizing: how much more sensitive your awareness with your body-food relationship becomes by walking a longterm sustainable process wit food and exercise. You can more readily go by smell, taste and a few chews in what your body agrees with and what not at any given time (knowing it's nto an emotional reaction of course!) - cool body awareness develops. Also with exercise, you know much better how little or far you can go, what your body feels like exercising in a day - it becomes really fun
Cool @kimk
[1:30 PM]
dan one of my key takeaways from this chat is to soon get a nutritionist and/or at least now start learning what I can to become my own! Checking into The Health Sciences Academy now, looks cool.
anna Exercise is my next point... more resistance to that.
I've always felt that my body's 'baseline' is to be very strong - like underneath all the shit I put it through. Not to be an excuse to abuse it though! And it's definitely reached a point where it's my time to give some support back for sure. But that underlying strength has always been there. @viktorpersson and I sometimes talk about that, how we're from a direct line of farmers lol.
sunettedimensions whoah!!! you're lucky @kimk - lol fruit basket healthy snacks, nice!
kims cool @dan
[1:31 PM]
valentin.rozman Recently one of my favourite combinations of a meal is corn bread with Emmentaler cheese, peaces of fresh tomato and a big cup of herbal tea.
kims yes fresh fruit is so cool, not had that before anywhere I have worked and the medical was for free too
pvoversc Fruit basket @ my work place too, is empty in a blink of an eye.
garbrielle That sounds great kim’s!
Kims
[1:32 PM]
pvoversc It's a new trend with employers to provide fruit for free for their employees.
viktorpersson I have no fruit basket either! :cry: Though we usually have some bananas and tangerines
dan cool @pvoversc thanks for the trend que
sunettedimensions Nice change with the relationship of the scale @kimk - yes, also with me - I've picked up 3kg, but still look similar lol cause I'm busy picking up muscle weight - body looks different, weighs more, but don't really notice it with the eye. So with the scale - when you're exercising and eating, changing this relationship, they suggest only check the scale every 2nd week - don't so much look at the weight, you have to look at the building, toning and changing of the body
viktorpersson nargies SA people
[1:33 PM]
garbrielle I may do that, we have bananas and snacks usually though not some much a variety
leilazm naartjies* :wink:
viktorpersson oh naartjies
kimk @anna - I am just starting out with exercise - I am finding that first working on consistency first, then intensity later has been a huge support for me. Right now, my challenge is making the time and doing it even when I don't feel like it, then I do something really gentle. Slowly I will increase the intensity and duration of the workout. But for now - slow and steady
kims I have noticed that you look more relaxed in your body @sunettedimensions
valentin.rozman I eat one banana every morning immediately after wake up. Then I work for couple of hours and then only when I get really hungry a prepare myself a big breakfast as described.
sunettedimensions Many people show how they weigh LESS than what they did with muscle toning / building, but they look more defined, refined and slim - really can drop the scale in this regard
kims maybe because you have less pain?
sunettedimensions @kims yes indeed, I do feel it thank you!
anna Cool
I've talked to my body about it @kimk lol and it wants something that's intense and focused but also controlled - no sudden movements. And I've done a lot of Pilates before plus I like weight training as well, so am considering that.
[1:34 PM]
sunettedimensions Definitely cause I have less pain and also more trust in my shoulder. Not living with constant concern of it slipping out unexpectedly any moment
viktorpersson Cool @kimk
kims that's such great news @sunettedimensions
[1:35 PM]
anna And dancing... it always craves dancing.
garbrielle Nice @anna and @sunettedimensions
sunettedimensions ohhhh me too @anna
kims @anna me too LOL
marlen reposting Fred's question on the topic from 2 weeks ago: "When will Sunette come back to give us perspectives on 8hrs Eating Diet?"- so his point is 8 hours eating diet
fred Hi all! Just come back!!
kims I started to look into weight training, body building
sunettedimensions @anna you should check it out, there are many video exercises with dancing it :slightly_smiling_face: pretty fun to do - cause you can do it in your home / room
[1:36 PM]
anna Will do @sunettedimensions!
[1:36 PM]
sunettedimensions Yes @marlen though context here can apply to the diet
So @fred and @marlen - did the chat to look at the concept of all diets and your relationship with it, your body and food
[1:37 PM]
valentin.rozman Yes @sunettedimensions dancing at home is also great. No need to wait for the weekends in order for the dance floors to open.
anna Basically: don't go for the quick fix solutions, don't focus on weight alone as that's not the primary issue. Use common sense. That's the bottom line I'd say.
marlen yeah posting it here simply because he's not here, but I get it
anna How is your body doing @garbrielle
valentin.rozman Amen @anna
anna He is here @marlen!
sunettedimensions Ah cool thanks @marlen
marlen ah now he is lol
kims hes just arrived
I have realised how the point is not to obsess about anything that listening to the body and balance is key
[1:38 PM]
kimk *And can use dieting/nutrition as a bridge for an immediate issue, but also remember the long-term and develop sustainable habits
kims to not do things to extreme, because the energy becomes you
sunettedimensions Yes @kimk
valentin.rozman Exactly @kims
garbrielle @anna pretty ok, I’ve gained weight last few months so I am working with addictions and through that finding my way with nutrition and also building the body core and keeping that sustainable for the long haul :blush:
[1:39 PM]
anna Cool @garbrielle
sunettedimensions So @fred can also for example use the diet for a moment to shave off weight, but afterwards have to get into a set routine of diet and exercise to keep the results - otherwise, you're going to yo-yo diet before you know it...
fred Hi @sunettedimensions hv a question, /can say a break through last night, is I realize the body sort of able to switch to Oil/Fat burning mode instead of Carb. mode, which hv tremendous degree of weight loss, also hv the feeling of full all night long, any perspectives on this?
[1:40 PM]
sunettedimensions @fred same applies with everything I said above:
garbrielle I also want to push my body limits a bit inspired by Bruce lee and Bernard, and see how I can move here and build self in and out and through that build something substantial like with earth haven, so all is for what is best
anna This is the whole idea of burning ketones @fred which is basically what I did on the low carb diet. I lost so much weight, so fast. But it was harmful for the body long term. And when I switched to a more normal diet again I gained it all back.
[1:41 PM]
sunettedimensions now you're going on a quick fix diet controlling the bodies oil / fat and carb NATURAL RELATIONSHIP and FORCING it into a way that lets you lose weight, and yes it may word @fred FOR A MOMENT, but the moment you get back into your way of living, you're going to pick up the weight again quick quick, mess with the bodies natural processing abilities and possibly cause more harm long term
anna My skin still looks weird since I was on that diet several years ago.
and my hair became very greasy.
sunettedimensions as said above @fred - best way is LONGTERM SOLUTIONS, it takes longer but results REMAIN AS AND WITH SELF and you don't mess with the body's natural processing
[1:42 PM]
anna Like it literally messed up my body's balance.
kims @sunettedimensions - is it possible to sustain a healthy body, through diet and excerise alone, without working on the mind and the patterns/memories/energies that come up. I ask because a friend of mine is super healthy now through diet and exersize and says feels the best shes done in years
and relistically how long will this last without working on the mind patterns as well
anna It could be because there's a positive stigma connected to exercising and dieting as well @kims
leilazm one time we went to a bird sanctuary and they had this cape vulture there. They had to keep her overweight to make sure she doesnt burn fat as she was poisoned and the body will store things like that in the fat. This also made me consider that 'who knows' what the body does with fat lol, like maybe its storing things in there that need to be released over a slow time and if I now go and want to burn through all of that, it may influence that process
kims yes @anna I did see that too
[1:43 PM]
sunettedimensions @kims she may look good, but don't know what her real self is doing inside
kims she said she is addicted to running
ah ok
sunettedimensions so depends on the self you want to live with - how much she's mentally, emotionally, energetically putting in to sustain that for herself
leilazm where before for sure I had this like 'negative judgment' about fat, but here the fat was keeping this vulture alive
anna Yes @leilazm
sunettedimensions she may look good now, but don't know how her mind is coming through then in other parts of her life
now or in the future
that's why we say: suggest not to compare
kims yes I hear you
thank you :slightly_smiling_face:
[1:44 PM]
sunettedimensions don't know what's in for people, how their mind / life process is set - so she may have a good body, but is compromising 99% of the rest of her life for it
[1:44 PM]
anna Running would be the end of me lol
[1:45 PM]
sunettedimensions so, mind-body health which is what I am dedicating to with everything I do, eqafe, self and living, soul, and mind body innerverse - to work on the TRINITY of self, mind, being and body TRINITY and EQUILIBRIUM in equality and oneness for self and for all
kims yes I see this too @sunettedimensions
sunettedimensions to eventually have children be born into this world with this trinity equalized as one and children can CREATE THEMSELVES AS LIFE in this lifetime, rather than having to walk a process first for who knows how long
kims me too @anna I am not a runner, but I enjoy power walking and hiking
[1:46 PM]
sunettedimensions Same here @kims
kims whahooo
kimk Awesome @sunettedimensions, that would be amazing
anna Me too @kims - I love walking
garbrielle Yes that is the goal @sunettedimensions
sunettedimensions So, would like to create a world of being born to CREATE yourself as life - lol then we'd look forward to coming back :slightly_smiling_face:
anna YES YES YES @sunettedimensions
fred Also @sunettedimensions, when will our 2nd fund raising beings? At the end of March after you talk with the doctor??
kims YEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
[1:47 PM]
sunettedimensions Yes @fred :slightly_smiling_face:
[1:47 PM]
fred Ok, Cool! I'll prepare as much as I could(let the Chinese group knows when you guys officially begins)
[1:48 PM]
anna This came through very powerful @sunettedimensions - this goal of yours
[1:48 PM]
sunettedimensions So, @fred suggest reading the chat again - if you have more questions that you still feel are not answered by considering I was speaking above of all diets, even the 8 hour one, send me an email with questions
Thank you @anna :slightly_smiling_face: appreciate it, the support
[1:49 PM]
fred So far, @sunettedimensions, the 8hrs dieting is fine, I feel hving stronger digestive systems than bf. I usually eat at the beginning and end of 1st and 8th hrs of the window
[1:50 PM]
sunettedimensions Okay @fred
but
please read everything above again
you may have results now, but consider the compromise LATER for it...
we tend to get lost in the NOW QUICKLY effects, not realizing the tendency for it to create longterm consequence
[1:50 PM]
fred I m going for a more balanced diet, see if I can reduce the portion a little bit but not too much...Yes, I did catch up with today's whole chat log
Yes, Thank you so so so much for this chat's support @sunettedimensions
[1:51 PM]
sunettedimensions so, if you want to use this diet as a BRIDGE for a moment, cool - but ENSURE you have a diet-exercise plan after to SUSTAIN your body - not only make it about weight, you need to create a healthy life style, well rounded, taking care of the mind, body and you
Alrighty everyone - good chat!
[1:52 PM]
kims thank you all
sunettedimensions Thanks for being here
Appreciate it
kimk thanks every-body! Till next time!
carlton Thanks all bye
sunettedimensions Bye for now!