Why Didn't I Do That Sooner?? - 07 February 2018

Marlen

Why Didn't I Do That Sooner?? - 07 February 2018

Postby Marlen » 07 Feb 2018, 21:53

sunettedimensions set the channel topic: Why, when we feel shi**y -do we sink in so low into the emotion and experience, we forget about doing the things /reach out to the things that will actually support -UNTIL WE DO and then go "WHY DIDN'T I DO THAT SOONER???" - we start 5 after the hour
[1:02 PM]
valentin.rozman Hi all :slightly_smiling_face:
[1:02 PM]
miranda Hi
[1:03 PM]
tormod Hey
[1:03 PM]
carlton Hello
[1:04 PM]
kims Hi
[1:07 PM]
sunettedimensions set the channel topic: Why, when we feel shi**y -do we sink in so low into the emotion and experience, we forget about doing the things /reach out to the things that will actually support -UNTIL WE DO and then go "WHY DIDN'T I DO THAT SOONER???" - WE START
[1:08 PM]
kims Because the energy feels soooo good, and what I have realised is I end up using the experience to get attention, so that I feel like people care. I haven’t experienced this for a long while now thankfully
[1:08 PM]
sunettedimensions Alrighty - who can relate to the topic above where you can share what you think contributes to STAYING in that state and almost going into a sense of forgetfulness...sometimes for DAYS on end
[1:10 PM]
joekou "i deserve this"
tormod "even so there is still" or "I will cope with it", or "i deserve this" or "other people do the same"
kims But what is cool is now that I don’t have to sink into it, I am able to see if it is coming up and forgive, breathe and let it go
joekou "nobody cares about my problems. just suck it up"
[1:11 PM]
miranda I can relate, I hold on to it because I justify the emotions I am in; it's ok to have them
garbrielle I relate more in the 'i don't trust anybody, so i'l deal with it on my own' 'noone will relate with me 'i am so odd, i don't think people will see it, they'll judge or ridicule me' things of that nature
tormod "how the story goes"
[1:12 PM]
kims When I have been like this I feel like a stubborn and petulant child
carlton I can relate being in it then telling myself it will soon pass.
kims Trying to get my own way
tormod "I am a outcast anywhy so ....wtf"
marlen also when considering 'I can handle it alone' or 'I'll figure it out by myself' but in the meantime it's just thinking that it can be done
carlton or I got this
valentin.rozman I can’t say I can relate to that since I do not allow myself to stay in lows very long
tormod "this is normal"
"everyone else does the same"
[1:13 PM]
carlton but not really doing anything about it, until I do.
[1:14 PM]
tormod right Carlton. empowering potential seam endless
[1:14 PM]
carlton which is always after the point of consequence
[1:15 PM]
joekou i have the right to be angry at myself
[1:15 PM]
Klavdija Hiti I see that I feel bad and it's worse and worse if I don't work on myself. And for not doing I look for exuses that not exist.
[1:16 PM]
sunettedimensions An example for me was also physically feeling 'icky' - like, mentally and physically just in a 'low'. Abruptly stood up and did some exercises and dancing for a few minutes and got me back to base and equilibrium. This has happened a few times where I new exercising supports, but still remain in the low / ickyness for most of the day - even lasting days. A dimension I have observed here is the tendency to stay PREOCCUPIED and BUSY in the MIND with the THOUGHTS of the EXPERIENCE. Like a true reflection of the LIMITED STATE you're in cause your mind can handle only so few thoughts about the very experience you're in and that's what you become - until you snap ypurself out of it
[1:16 PM]
tormod how we learn - by doing mistakes... but I also see that life can give me ... hints like I can cheer with pon-pons - in the "right" direction to take directive principle of a situation
like... knowing the there is more to process (emotions) sucks the life juice
[1:17 PM]
sunettedimensions So, today - managed to correct it well, where I have a colour stickynote saying IF YOU LOW, GET UP AND DANCE - shake it off! Another one saying "You determine how long you want to feel shitty - rather sort it out QUICK QUICK, WHY WAIT???"
[1:18 PM]
kims Cool @sunettedimensions
tormod right... change the experience and the "totality" of it, the sense of it
garbrielle nice
carlton cool
sunettedimensions So, nice fun reminders for myself to support with the IMMEDIACY of shifting mentally and/or physically out of an experience and then, if I use exercise - to obviously immediately also address the cause of the low / ickyness if there were any, or sometimes it is just a physical energy low and body needs some stimulation by movement
[1:19 PM]
kims I have always been a person to look on ‘the bright side’ and don’t dwell for long
tormod i also to cheer dancing, when having success, empowerment
it is probably more supportive than i am aware of
kims Going for a brisk walk helps of things get a bit heavy I find
[1:20 PM]
tormod instant yoga & streeching and hugging self
garbrielle I noticed it's repeating thoughts, different contexts usually, but it'll be backchat about something i am going through, and postponing my responsibility to do anything about it, so it's like a self interest of sitting back and whining/reacting toward others, instead of taking the bull by the horns and getting things done that need doing, that's waiting on me, so the ickiness i have found is not actually doing what i know i should and can do, but just am not and listening to the backchat to get a feed of energy as it's another's fault, all the while deluding myself
tormod I can hug myself 3 or more times during a day
just unconditionally embrace myself and say hey mr ! you'r it
[1:22 PM]
garbrielle the ickness is my being part saying you are deceiving yourself g...now i move through that as fast as possible, by recognizing those backchat thoughts, and move into some task/list i can sort through to get myself organized and getting things flowing again
[1:22 PM]
sunettedimensions Yes @garbrielle it's like we've become so accustomed to and USED TO just sitting in the shittyness and getting away with it of course! by ourselves and others in our world
[1:23 PM]
valentin.rozman I also take immediate action to face lows. Either by taking a nap, doing some Tai-Chi, taking a walk or going running …
[1:23 PM]
sunettedimensions So, we literally have to get our own arses in gear and reprogram / CREATE that change from GETTING UP and DOING SOMETHING ABOUT the lows mentally and physically ASAP
@valentin.rozman mental lows though - best to also look into and understand, to change and prevent
Who has any practical examples to share what helps you snap out of the patterns you know too well by now can cause you to stay in it for long periods of time unless you do something about it?
[1:25 PM]
Klavdija Hiti Walking every day and find a yob
[1:25 PM]
tormod I had a good throw back on eqafe yesterday ! listeing to the 3 interviews from Jan Thomas - on physical energy ! recomended*
[1:27 PM]
sunettedimensions Nice @tormod yes - they are extraordinary recordings indeed
Or, could also share with having a walk through this point now - what applications would you like to implement / give a go?
miranda Literally get up from the chair and do the things I need to do. I push myself to do it. I go for a walk or decide to do something different than I usually do.
tormod embrace self - emotions are not cool with the body/organic
[1:28 PM]
garbrielle yes @sunettedimensions that's an important dimension of becoming accustomed and use to just allowing these experiences, it's like we have just accepted that this is how it is, when in fact it just takes a movement physically to do soemthing about it, the more you do this the more it becomes natural, so it's a process of development that has to happen like getting out of any addiction pattern, changing it into something self beneficial rather then destructive...
Klavdija Hiti I have deep suicidal minds and for me helps to walk me every day and all start changeing. Then I must to wride diary how long I walk, how long I'm in web and how long I'm with real people. And after one year I find a job and all change me.
garbrielle i have to go, will read later, thanks all
tormod ground self - use a tree to hug if needed.
[1:29 PM]
miranda Indeed @garbrielle it becomes more natural the more you do it
[1:29 PM]
tormod it is MY definition that process is hard/painfull/emotional etc....
[1:30 PM]
valentin.rozman I should add that when I do breaks and exercise I almost always listen to the latest Eqafe releases which assist me with staying in constant awareness and attention of my thoughts and energetic reactions thus I stop them immediately.
[1:31 PM]
tormod what is a break @valentin.rozman ?
[1:31 PM]
sunettedimensions Nice @Klavdija Hiti - proud of you! You've come far
So, another dimension we can have a look at is with partners - make an agreement / ask one another to support this "getting out of a funk" when you notice the other is down - just to check in with them and ask "are you directing it - or wallowing???" lol will support with snapping oneself out of it
[1:33 PM]
Klavdija Hiti Thanks @sunettedimensions but not far enough for me, because I still have some episodes, but it's much better than was.
[1:34 PM]
sunettedimensions For me, there are some lows that I SINK SINK SINK into lol - usually the new / different ones, that feel similar to previous experiences I've faced, but tend to have something different to them for me to realise and learn. In these, I try get out, but it feels like sink sand and the more I try, the more I sink - but I know I'll throw myself a support and get out; so there is that constant knowing and doing I am getting out of it, just taking some time
[1:34 PM]
valentin.rozman @tormod when I do now work with computer; when I get up and go to the kitchen or go out
[1:35 PM]
sunettedimensions So, it's also to assess in these states whether it's a NEW / DIFFERENT funk or a same one with a similar thought and behavior pattern as well as general feel to it.
For me so far, the sticky notes work well - also to read it in the mornings / during the days as it's right next to my reminders so I can't miss them :slightly_smiling_face: they almost become a general knowing / constant reminder inside myself and then the changes become more natural in my day - doing them without thinking about it and the general mental and physical lows become harder to stay in for so long
[1:38 PM]
tormod I have to move physical and embarce myself, make a joke, do a dance... hug someone - make a scene in a positive way
[1:39 PM]
kims I remind myself that it’s not really who I am and I had better move myself to snap out of it - I then have to be aware that I don’t swing too much to positivity - which I know I am capable of like I say look on the bright side, by reminding myself of all the good things, which I fine but I have to get the balance correct otherwise I could suppress the initial emotion of being pissed off/low. So I keep breathing and an awareness within this
valentin.rozman Great that you found a way that works best for you @sunettedimensions
kims *is fine
[1:40 PM]
Klavdija Hiti Next point is when someone near to me die I start picking herbs and spices and this helps me a lot. Yes, I told myself to made soap, but I don't yet, but I must. Then I start planting, not really, but prepare, because here where I live is only a little more than 50 cm of snow.
[1:42 PM]
tormod awsom process you are walking @Klavdija Hiticool to see you creating with food and also now soap! impressive
[1:44 PM]
Klavdija Hiti @tormod yes, I have almost all ingredients, only a some more oils I need for soaps.
sunettedimensions Cool @kims yes it's important to if "looking to the bright side" works, also look into what caused the low - otherwise the looking to the bright side can you be staring into the sun to ignore the problem right in front of you
tormod I made some new breads today... going for them in 15 minutes with butter & cheese...
so basically how to gett out of funk !! reach out if needed
[1:45 PM]
kims Exactly Sunette, I am reminded of a song from
monty python ‘always look on the bright side of life’ lol
sunettedimensions Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fresh bread with butter is tasty!
tormod lol yea !!
kims Yummy !!
[1:46 PM]
miranda Thanks @kims it's in my head now....
tormod ya'll could come here is also snow now tonight
only 5 cm there though
sunettedimensions Alrighty all, thank you for being here - I'd say we've reached the conclusion in this chat. Hope all can take some valuable insights and material with you for the week to come and we continue more in chats to come!
Remember to source from some of the creative ideas shared in this chat
[1:47 PM]
Klavdija Hiti I made today one of traditional carnival sweet, more of it in next days.
anna Sorry I got hear way late but will read and give a perspective when I have a moment.
sunettedimensions Thanks to those for participating! Suppprts many!
tormod yummy !!
anna *here
kims Nice @Klavdija Hiti
sunettedimensions All good @anna - glad you could be here for a mo!
miranda Thanks all, bye
carlton Thanks all
bye
[1:48 PM]
kims Thanks everyone/ by for now and thanks all for sharing
sunettedimensions Bye!
tormod embrace self, hug self, get real and practical about situation, do a power dance when needed! dont be afraid to reach out
sunettedimensions Exactly @tormod
tormod good bye everyone ! enjoy !
sunettedimensions Well said
[1:49 PM]
valentin.rozman Thanks all and bye :slightly_smiling_face:
[1:49 PM]
Klavdija Hiti Thanks, bye

Return to “Public Chats”