Time and Responsibilities

Carrie

Time and Responsibilities

Post by Carrie »

On average, how much time is required to effectively participate in the DIP course?
Are there suggestions for how to participate in the DIP course while managing a family, a home, and work?
Anna

Re: Time and Responsibilities

Post by Anna »

I have also been working out how to "juggle" myself and my world - What I have found to be effective, is to structure this point to fit into my daily activities and vice versa, to structure my daily activities so that I am also able to prioritize the DIP. For me it works to get up earlier before "the rest of the house" (no kids here but partner and cats) wakes up and to sit with myself and write myself out and do DIP lessons. I do 30-60 hour min. pr. day - longer if required. I suggest to do as much as possible - without compromising one's other responsibilities. What I also do is to apply self-forgiveness out loud as I bike between home and train station (30 min. back and forth) and I apply self-forgiveness usually in the mornings when I walk with the cats as well (60 min.) Then also through out my day, when if a point "pops up". So with this I "make it work" and don't have to split my world into "process" and "not process".
barbara

Post by barbara »

Hey Carrie!

For me, the time I spend on DIP varies greatly. For one, it depends on the lesson content. With muscle communication, for example, I practiced off and on for some days, almost weeks in time slots of about 10 minutes each about 3x a day or more initially until I felt I could trust myself in it/as it and had stopped mind participation/manipulation within it. That was something that didn't require structure as one is able to do it anywhere and almost anytime.

The lessons on mind constructs and those where you work on fears, for example, amounted to 30-40 pages of writing (for me), with the exception of a very long mind construct that had way over 100 pages(!), but are manageable w/r/t the time-frame. I had phases where I worked on the assignments for a whole evening at a time, because I was so focused, like in a flow and so kept at it and besides I didn't want to have to open all of it up again the next evening time after time. At times I met with quite some resistances that required pushing through, but cost me more time than I had considered when starting with the point.

Then again, I had evenings 'off' when the chat was scheduled for aligning and cross-referencing and I was already prepared and ready, which was cool, so I could let it all sink in a bit more and apply the first realizations.

So, I guess if you spread the DIP work out evenly over the lesson's time-frame of a month, it amounted to about 1-2 hours a day for me - for the assignment as such, again really depending on the lesson content. Then reading the material provided with and as the lesson took me about 2-3 hours per lesson/month.

However, the material opens up such a wide-range of application, meaning that you see all the areas in your life where to apply the tools presented - that you will be motivated to go further, taking up more aspects and points within Self.

With the structure that is provided within the lessons, the tools and all the support that is provided by your buddy within DIP you will actually be a lot more efficient in taking on the patterns and constructs of yourself as mind and so it definitely worth the 'endeavour' !

I hope this helps!
Anna

Post by Anna »

Cool Support Barbara. Thanks.
Carrie

Post by Carrie »

Awesome Anna and Barbara. Thank you for your response.
Anna wrote:For me it works to get up earlier before "the rest of the house" (no kids here but partner and cats) wakes up and to sit with myself and write myself out and do DIP lessons.
This is something that I can do. I hadn't considered getting up -before- everyone else.
Anna wrote:I do 30-60 hour min. pr. day - longer if required. I suggest to do as much as possible - without compromising one's other responsibilities.
Okay.
Anna wrote:What I also do is to apply self-forgiveness out loud as I bike between home and train station (30 min. back and forth) and I apply self-forgiveness usually in the mornings when I walk with the cats as well (60 min.) Then also through out my day, when if a point "pops up". So with this I "make it work" and don't have to split my world into "process" and "not process".
When I was working at the Bar Harbor Inn this past summer, I had an hour commute to and from work. Great that you made this point... I haven't been saying my self-forgiveness out loud for two weeks or more. Thank you.
barbara wrote:For me, the time I spend on DIP varies greatly. For one, it depends on the lesson content. With muscle communication, for example, I practiced off and on for some days, almost weeks in time slots of about 10 minutes each about 3x a day or more initially until I felt I could trust myself in it/as it and had stopped mind participation/manipulation within it. That was something that didn't require structure as one is able to do it anywhere and almost anytime.

The lessons on mind constructs and those where you work on fears, for example, amounted to 30-40 pages of writing (for me), with the exception of a very long mind construct that had way over 100 pages(!), but are manageable w/r/t the time-frame. I had phases where I worked on the assignments for a whole evening at a time, because I was so focused, like in a flow and so kept at it and besides I didn't want to have to open all of it up again the next evening time after time. At times I met with quite some resistances that required pushing through, but cost me more time than I had considered when starting with the point.

Then again, I had evenings 'off' when the chat was scheduled for aligning and cross-referencing and I was already prepared and ready, which was cool, so I could let it all sink in a bit more and apply the first realizations.
Okay. Cool Barbara. This gives me a much better look at the DIP course process as well. Lessons, assignments, scheduled chats. It also looks like that the process is ... faster? More effective? When working in the structured course. 10 minutes a day, 3 times per day and having trust with your self - wow.

Great assistance.
Maya

Post by Maya »

cool support here,
Thanks

Return to “Desteni I Process Questions and Discussions”