question about desteni course

christine

Re: question about desteni course

Postby christine » 12 Jul 2011, 03:17

Hi Jonathan -

I too am paying and doing the course. And yes it is very assisting and structured, because i too was randomly doing process , which in essence was my mind. Which is probably still my mind.

I have just completed my 3rd month which was about laying out a thought construct and applying self forgiveness. The course shows you how to be very specific.

Hope you sign up for sponsorship, it will assist you greatly in your process.

Great that you are Here.

Christine

Patrick

Postby Patrick » 11 Sep 2012, 10:21

Hi,

Looking through all the material I don't think I could really get started all on my own. I'm seriously thinking of enrolling in the DPI course. Is this something you would recommend for beginners or is it better to wait and work with the processes yourself for some time to get familiar with them?

Also, my financial means at the moment would only allow me to do the first year of the course because the following years apparently cost € 200,- a month which is too expensive for me at the moment (I'm currently studying and working part-time). The first year however would be within my financial means...So does it make sense to try the first year even though I know I'll have to pause for some time after that until my situation permits further progress? Why does the price actually double after the first year? Is there any specific reason for this (just curious)?

Also, I was wondering about the buddies, which one to choose. There are one or two whom I can connect with in a certain way from reading their blogs and profiles but I don't know any of them personally. Are all of the ones on the list available or do some of them have a lot (too many) people to walk with already?
Thanks for giving me a bit on insight into these questions.

Patrick

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 11 Sep 2012, 13:14

Hi Patrick

I definitely suggest enrolling to DIP if you want to walk the material with proper structure to understand more about process and getting yourself started with writing/ applying self forgiveness and self honesty, but also to get a direct point of assistance and support throughout it as your buddy.

I suggest to walk the first year within the consideration of your ability to pay for it due to DIP being the main point of support for all at Desteni for both reasons: preparing yourself in an adequate manner and supporting financially for the group to keep its sustainability. Thus you can first focus on walking the first year and when the time comes, a solution can be established for you to not compromise your financial situation.

In terms of buddies – I definitely suggest choosing according to who you can relate with as you have mentioned, you don’t require previous ‘contact’ with them if you haven’t, nor knowing them ‘personally,’ it’s just a decision you make in terms of deciding to support yourself walking with another one that you see can be supportive for you to walk your own process.

If you definitely can't choose, DIP team will assign you someone that will be a cool point of support and assistance for you.

If the person is on the list, then it means they’re available – otherwise, you’d be notified by the DIP team accordingly.
So, by all means: go for it!

Maya

Postby Maya » 11 Sep 2012, 14:03

Yes, I agree with Marlen.

Once you start walking the DIP, you'll get more tools to assist and support you with establishing your effectiveness within your process and you'll see that slowly but surely, your application would be much more specific and direct. you don't require for any former background, the lessons would take you step by step through a process of self realization and practical application.

In terms of the payment plan, as Marlen said - don't worry about the second year now. when we get there, we will find a solution that would suit you without any risk of compromising your financial stability.

And yes, suggest walking with a buddy that you can relate to through what you've seen thus far in one's writings and vlogging. Your buddy and you would have a close relationship with a weekly chats, to assist and support you in your process, with the points you would face in your day to day living application as well as your Lessons.

For more questions with regards to the DIP course, please contact DIP@desteni.org

Patrick

Postby Patrick » 11 Sep 2012, 14:48

Hi,

thanks for your replies. Is it correct that you're able to quit the course anytime if you feel it isn't the right thing and that taking the DIP doesn't involve the need to join in any organisation (in the sense of a formal membership)? Sorry for asking this, but I've had bad experiences already with another self-improvement group some years ago which turned out to be for me a bit too "cult-like" (This does NOT mean that I regard Desteni as being like that).
Also, how much time are you expected to invest every day into course work?

Patrick

Anna

Postby Anna » 11 Sep 2012, 17:30

Is it correct that you're able to quit the course anytime if you feel it isn't the right thing and that taking the DIP doesn't involve the need to join in any organisation (in the sense of a formal membership)?
Yep. That is correct.
That is entirely up to you, your self-honesty and your practical living situation.

Patrick

Postby Patrick » 13 Sep 2012, 17:02

Reading through all the Freedom writings and Self Forgiveness blogging of people here I was just wondering: If I do the course, is it a requirement that I post all this personal stuff publicly (here or in a blog) or can I keep it to myself and just write it in a kind of diary?
I now this question is probably connected to a point I feel uncomfortable with and need to walk but I'd still like a "technical" answer on this. Thank you.

Maya

Postby Maya » 13 Sep 2012, 17:10

Reading through all the Freedom writings and Self Forgiveness blogging of people here I was just wondering: If I do the course, is it a requirement that I post all this personal stuff publicly (here or in a blog) or can I keep it to myself and just write it in a kind of diary?
I now this question is probably connected to a point I feel uncomfortable with and need to walk but I'd still like a "technical" answer on this. Thank you.
No, there is no requirement to publish your writings. it can remain between you and your buddy. furthermore, we suggest to NOT publish any writing that may create consequences in one's direct environment wherein one is not ready yet to face those consequences and direct self accordingly.

Patrick

Postby Patrick » 13 Sep 2012, 20:28

That is entirely up to you, your self-honesty and your practical living situation.
I was thinking about this again. Don't these write-ups really require a lot of time? I have quite a tight schedule with studying and working part time and am out of the house nearly all day.
I realise this question is subjective but perhaps some of the people here that are actually walking the process right now can tell me their experiences, I mean how much time they invest each day into the DIP on average?

Maya

Postby Maya » 13 Sep 2012, 21:24

I was thinking about this again. Don't these write-ups really require a lot of time? I have quite a tight schedule with studying and working part time and am out of the house nearly all day.
I realise this question is subjective but perhaps some of the people here that are actually walking the process right now can tell me their experiences, I mean how much time they invest each day into the DIP on average?
Patrick, you would never find out unless you walk it for yourself.
each one of us have lots of responsibilities and yet, we have made the decision to find the time to assist and support ourselves in every way possible within the space/time limitation within this physical reality. clear?

Return to “Desteni I Process Questions and Discussions”