Eradicating Ecocide Global Initiative

SteveC

Eradicating Ecocide Global Initiative

Post by SteveC »

So i came across this "Eradicating Ecocide" stuff. Seems to be a lot of movement and videos around it. I have heard desteni speak about not neglecting politics/"the system" because its currently how the power works. I clearly see how one must take initiative to start understanding it and directing it and changing it kinda "from within" from a starting point of whats best for all life. I think this lawyer is doing that in a way and I find her TEDx talk interesting. She made me laugh when she said "Earth is in need of a good lawyer". Making Ecocide and international law and crime against peace/humanity places "legal obligation" on corporations and government to put environment and the "inhabitants" first, above seeking profit, and makes them liable for their actions. The video does mention that there are "regulations" and environmental law that exist on corporations but they are not working. So would this international law work?

I'm a bit concerned because i do find myself having quite an emotional reaction to this. And find i may not be seeing this quite clearly.

I'd love to hear some other input on this concept/idea.

TEDx Talk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EuxYzQ65H4

Explination of the "process" to get it to law.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1uTDE5tayQ

Website
http://eradicatingecocide.com/
Last edited by SteveC on 26 Sep 2013, 21:07, edited 1 time in total.
Marlen

Re: Eradicating Ecocide Global Initiative

Post by Marlen »

Hi Steve

The link for the TED talk is incorrect, do you have the actual one?
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

This should work!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EuxYzQ65H4

Corrected the link above too.
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

Ok, it's a cool consideration however we have to look at how things really work.

There are certain premises that are overlooked in relation to how the entire world-system operates wherein the current law system - including international laws - are created to precisely defend private property, as well as the interests of those that write the laws that are even paid to promote particular agendas that are causing such ecological disasters, as well as resource depletion where no law is currently in favor of preservation or declaring it as common resources, but are being more and more used for privatization purposes which is the actual gist of this situation: laws, the monetary system, education and as such the consequences that the deliberate flaws - inequality/disregard toward life - within this system are the systems used to perpetuate the disregard toward environmental care since everything that is of the Earth is first seen as raw matter for profit-purposes before than actual living substance equal and one with ourselves. To understand why we've come thus far and to such point of disregard, we have to first understand the mind that is in fact what we have become as the 'ruling god' of our existence where no consideration toward life exists - which we'll get to later.

So, at this moment and within the current set up of the world system, even if such laws were promulgated the interests of the corporations are still above the law which means that the problem is not that there are no laws considered for the Earth itself, but how ourselves as human beings have created a system that deliberately ignores the application and enforcement of human rights to begin with, and that is what also as a consequence creates the lack of animal rights and eco-rights which can be translated as: there are no laws that in fact support life to begin with.

Therefore we first have to focus on human rights, human education and the establishment of an economic model that for now can get people out of poverty and illiteracy so that each one has more time to be educated on the general consequences that our lack of consideration toward the environment is causing, wherein yes, our lives depend on the environment and this is certainly overlooked when all that is considered is short term profit-making schemes where life is absolutely ignored, sounds familiar?

As we can see the problem is thus not that there are no sufficient laws or International Laws to protect the environment/the Earth itself, it is simply that it was deliberately side-viewed to orient ourselves as human beings to ideals of progress, production, 'advancement' and using the natural resources as the matter to exploit for profit purposes - including human beings and animals. This is also why the protection of the environment has been relegated to be the action of supposed independent organisms like 'Green Peace' 'WWF' etc, without such organizations being in fact part of the laws that protect the ecosystems and environment - why? because it is of no importance to the current power structures of the world since it would mean less exploitation = less profit.

Therefore what must be understood first is how this world, our creation is our image and likeness of how we act as individuals that disregard our lives and physical body in the name of getting an experience, of being in the mind and existing solely to have what is defined as 'positive experiences' without understanding the relationship that exist between the mind and the physical body wherein the mind utilizes physical substance (life) to power itself as the mind to generate energetic experiences (emotions/feelings) that we define as excitement, joy, bliss, fear, desire, etc. If we look at the monetary system it is the same thing: money as energy representing the mind is used to have power/dominion over parts of this physical reality that we use for our own benefit, without taking into consideration that some of those resources are non renewable, that its extraction is causing the entire disruption of ecosystems. A quick example is how the use of wood without reforestation leads to erosion and eventual death of the soil and the loss of entire habitats; the fracking of the Earth to obtain gas where tons of water with chemicals are injected within the Earth to get the gas out, this is the most brutal example since it is a literal raping of the Earth to get the energy, and the consequences are devastating where all the areas affected by this procedure present contamination of their potable water as well as diseases in the population that didn't exist before such exploitation of the territory for gas took place... we could go on and on explaining about consequences that are extensive - but holding a few individuals responsible as one can see is not the solution, but actually first looking at where money/profit is overriding common sense and physical natural laws to take into consideration to ensure the preservation of the ecosystem we live in, this is how not only promulgating new laws will create a change, but it has to go hand in hand/in conjunction with the economic system and education system to prevent this cycle from reoccurring once that solutions are set.

That is how with the Equal Life Foundation the focus is on Human Rights first, because every other disaster we impose onto other living beings which includes the environment, is a direct consequence of the deliberately flawed and abusive world-system based on greed, self interest and disregard of the actual resources and environments that enable us to be alive today.

We can also see that the education of the individual is of utmost importance, because how can one have 'respect for the environment' if one is not yet Living Self-Respect? And that's why it is so important to see how we have 'sold our lives to the devil (as the reverse of life)' which means the destruction of life in the name of the mind, the experiences, the creation of a world system that is absolutely in opposition to the law of our being - the consideration of being one and equal with everything and everyone - and ways in which we should consider the natural world around us as part of a sustainable economic system where life is the key element that is administrated, used and distributed in eco-logical manners.

It is cool to become aware of the instruments we can use, such as laws within the current configuration of the world, however at the moment we focus on the individual human being to first learn to consider one's life, establish one's living principles and for the first time realizing what is of actual importance, the actual matters at hand that are never taught in schools or promoted in our society and media, because when and as you understand the relationship we don't have with ourselves and how it only exists through the mind, one starts seeing the exact parallel that exists between ourselves as human beings walking our mind and at the same time ourselves as human beings walking the world system of money and profit that is at the moment threatening the continuation of life.

In all cases I would not only hold accountable a few individuals but each and every single one of us Is equally responsible for having accepted and allowed the continuation of this system without a question, without any regard for the currently potentially irreversible damage we're imposing upon the planet in the name of power, greed and self interest.

Social responsibility and environmental responsibility is part of what we see is necessary to implement, definitely, however only focusing on 'green movements' for example is quite a diminishing scope of how things in fact operate and are often misleading where the problem actually originates from by Only diverting it to corporations/governments instead of genuinely seeing and realizing it is each one of us that must be held accountable for what we have accepted and allowed as this ecocide, the extermination of life in all its forms and as such all equally stand accountable and establish solutions as new structures of education, economic systems and legal systems that honor, respect life itself which begins with ourselves.

Some vlogs with perspectives that may broaden these points too:

The Law is a Riddle - Living Income Guaranteed

Animal Rights vs. Human Rights: What Comes First?

Earth Day? Please... Common Sense Required

Here's Economist's Journey to Life perspective:
Green Economics: the Newest Fad?

Thanks for sharing and opening up the point, what's your perspective on this?
niklas

Post by niklas »

Just as the ICC in Hague doe not prevent profit driven wars or genocides (obviously, when looking at the news), it will not prevent profit driven ecocide - it will just be another pretty document with no real change. It's not the laws that has to change, it is the CONDITIONS within which we all operate that has to change, and to really stop ecocide we have to radically change the nature of the monetary system. Currently ecocide is profitable and as long as the goal of the production isn't based on actual and physical requirements, but market values – goods must be sold regardless of the consequences for humanity, nature and the planet in order to make profits, and as long as the pursuit of profit is the core of the economic system future ecological disasters await.
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

Thanks so much Marlen for the extensive response.
And Niklas for clearing things up.

It's taken me a little bit to get to the bottom of the emotion I had created around this which was neat to uncover, i'll talk about that later.

As for the responses. These specific section i found pretty cool.
Therefore we first have to focus on human rights, human education and the establishment of an economic model that for now can get people out of poverty and illiteracy so that each one has more time to be educated on the general consequences that our lack of consideration toward the environment is causing, wherein yes, our lives depend on the environment and this is certainly overlooked when all that is considered is short term profit-making schemes where life is absolutely ignored, sounds familiar?
This is really important, and i see it now. A serious change/shit has to take place in how we support one another together around the world, and how we educate each other. Currently there is simply no education on seeing the true interconnectedness of the human, the world, and nature, there is no education on how the economic system function and how we could change it to provide and support everyone equally, and no education on how the mind works and creates a being of separation and self-interest and how one can change that.
Therefore what must be understood first is how this world, our creation is our image and likeness of how we act as individuals that disregard our lives and physical body in the name of getting an experience, of being in the mind and existing solely to have what is defined as 'positive experiences' without understanding the relationship that exist between the mind and the physical body wherein the mind utilizes physical substance (life) to power itself as the mind to generate energetic experiences (emotions/feelings) that we define as excitement, joy, bliss, fear, desire, etc. If we look at the monetary system it is the same thing: money as energy representing the mind is used to have power/dominion over parts of this physical reality that we use for our own benefit, without taking into consideration...
Very cool perspective on comparing the human and mind to the earth and money.
...but holding a few individuals responsible as one can see is not the solution, but actually first looking at where money/profit is overriding common sense and physical natural laws to take into consideration to ensure the preservation of the ecosystem we live in, this is how not only promulgating new laws will create a change, but it has to go hand in hand/in conjunction with the economic system and education system to prevent this cycle from reoccurring once that solutions are set.
it's definitely a lot easier (and fulfilling for the mind) to blame "a few individuals" and get emotional and fired up. I never thought to look at the concept of "where money/profit is overriding common sense and physical laws", this causes me to step back a bit and not look at one person or group or company that is harming the Ecosystem, but actually look at why they would harm or are allowed to harm and where it stems from. And you're right, it's the design of the economic system/money that allows the harm and the design of the system is just a representation of the mind and the humans participating in the system/the mind accept and allow the abuse.
We can also see that the education of the individual is of utmost importance, because how can one have 'respect for the environment' if one is not yet Living Self-Respect?
They definitely don't teach self-respect in school, lol.
It is cool to become aware of the instruments we can use, such as laws within the current configuration of the world, however at the moment we focus on the individual human being to first learn to consider one's life, establish one's living principles and for the first time realizing what is of actual importance, the actual matters at hand that are never taught in schools or promoted in our society and media, because when and as you understand the relationship we don't have with ourselves and how it only exists through the mind, one starts seeing the exact parallel that exists between ourselves as human beings walking our mind and at the same time ourselves as human beings walking the world system of money and profit that is at the moment threatening the continuation of life.
as long as the pursuit of profit is the core of the economic system future ecological disasters await.
YUP!
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

I'd like to share a bit about the Emotion i had created within myself with regards to this video. I felt quite excited about this video because it was done so "professionally" and she used a lot of significant words. I had quite a build up watching this and was quite excited at the possibility of ending this "ecocide" and was entranced by how lovely the lady in the video speaks about this new loving ecocide free world, lol.

I recognized this emotional build up, it was similar to the build up I had when watching the Zeitgeist videos and going to some of those events, and exactly the same build up as going to and experiencing some of the Occupy events. After posting the first post on this topic I knew i had to get to the bottom of this issue, and it was very difficult in that I wanted to "fight" for this video in a sense, and wanted to like argue against any and every point i could find in peoples responses as to why we should support it. I even at a moment found myself getting angry that we aren't doing anything "real" about stuff.

This emotional build up was really blinding me and i had to push myself to read the responses many times to get through my reactions to even begin hear what was actually being shared.

What I realized is that this emotion stems from a hopelessness created as a child that the world is "dead" and no one was real, and i couldn't truly trust anyone, and there was no real safety, even though i had a good family and what not, there was an underlying awareness that things were not really ok with everything and everyone. I began grabbing any sign of hope, anything that might save me and make the world better. I grabbed and clinged to that which provided hope, while deep down remaining completely hopeless, and eventually pretty much just giving up and stepping in line to just worrying and focus on my own happiness by ignoring anything i see as messed up in myself/others/the world (which of course crumbled too) This clearly shows the polarities of Hopeless and Hope.

I see now that, for example, with the Occupy movement events, most people were also possessed by a similar emotional build up and had reaction of screaming and arguing for this perceived possible hope. The Hope of the Occupy movement, the hope that this might bring people together, the hope that people might change, the hope that corruption might stop, hope hope emotion anger love love anger hope hope....

I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed myself to blindly grab things that I perceive as creating hope for the world without fully investigating them. I forgive myself that i have accepted and allowed the creation of this huge emotional build up because I see realize and understand that the solutions to this world will require real understanding, awareness, and common sense and that being possessed/overwhelmed in an emotional state of hope makes it impossible to see clearly. I also see realize and understand that the underlying belief that things are hopeless further perpetuated this desire within me to grab any perceived hope, and then through emotion and anger I have in essence tried to gain back some of the power i had given away within/as myself because of this underlying belief that things are hopeless. I commit myself to, when I feel this emotional build up, stop and breath and look at what is being presented with commonsense because I see realize and understand that that is what's required to be done to truly understand and educate myself. I see realize and understand that we can in no way change anything if we are not seeing in commonsense and are not educated. Emotion, anger, and hope does not change the world... it narrows and blinds your perspective to smaller and smaller issues and creates an inability to think in commonsense and investigate how the small thing you've become so emotionally charged over and obsessed with has been allowed to be created and perpetuated within the current system in the first place. The narrow thing that you selfishly try to grab and try to make your personal issue/agenda and try to assert your power within is just fueling your mind and leads you to arguing within/as yourself into further separation from the world system and humanity as a whole, isolating yourself and rendering you ineffective in creating any permanent change that considers all humans/life, but super effective at busting your ego and creating superficial change that only considers you're personal self interest and ego within the issues/agendas you decided to take personally and become obsessed and blinded within.
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

I agree, very cool realizations, Steve, and also in relation to how one gets taken over by such emotional experience, a sense of 'belonging' and a sense of actually being part of the change that is talked about but as we know and have done our research extensively in some of these groups you mention here, people are not directly interested in looking within self to work through this change, instead everyone is expecting to get the point of change through a feeling without any practical steps to do so.

My perspective on this point is explained broadly in the following blog 355. Activism and Mind Control

Also suggest checking out the following blog Bernard wrote on this activist subject as well as the links to Lauri's posts at the end of it, which is a very cool perspective in relation to a first hand experience and feedback from the occupy movement.Day 351: Desteni, Equal Money, Zeitgeist and Occupy Wall Street

Thanks again for sharing your realizations and self-forgiveness on the points you became directly aware of.
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

Thanks for the links Marlen!
Very supportive.

Return to “News Indicating whether we’re moving TOWARDS or AWAY from Doomsday”