global warming

mampady

global warming

Post by mampady »

How do you think we could get more people interesed in global warming? i think people should get into it, because its our fault its happening. i really think that if we all changed our way of life some- we could be able to save the planet we are on.
Matti Freeman

Re: global warming

Post by Matti Freeman »

Firstly, please read the forum guidelines, study the existing threads thoroughly, and introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself thread. In studying the Desteni Forum and Equal Money forum before asking questions, you'll find that most of your questions will be answered already as you study the existing writings here.

"How do you think we could get more people interesed in global warming? i think people should get into it, because its our fault its happening. i really think that if we all changed our way of life some- we could be able to save the planet we are on."

The question of global warming is addressed in the following post on the Equal Money Forum:
http://equalmoney.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... ming#p7820

I suggest reading the Equal Money forum thoroughly to understand how focusing on global warming itself is not the priority point to focus on, as global warming is but one outflow of the vastly dysfunctional and abusive capitalistic money system.

To reach people, educate yourself as much as possible about how the current money system works, and how the Equal Money System will work, so that you can become effective in being able to share a practical solution. With all the mainstream material about global warming, we've already seen that people simply are too consumed within their pursuit of happiness to consider the actual problem at hand, and only adapt their lifestyle to make themselves feel like they are doing something - such as driving an electric car. This is not effective, as the actual system itself is not changing at all. The real solution to global warming can only come through the implementation of a new system based on what is best for all, that does not require the massive amounts of resources and destructive infrastructure that the consumer systems around the world require.

I suggest that it is imperative to watch the BBC documentary 'The Century of The Self', to understand how the human being has allowed itself to be brainwashed as a consumer whose values, feelings, and actions are shaped by corporations and advertising promoting the pursuit of happiness -- where the human currently seeks only happiness motivated by survival and the need for money. If you talk about global warming -- no one will hear you, because people do not understand how the system works and see themselves as incapable of changing the world, and will therefore only seek a new lifestyle within the existing money system that makes them feel that they are making a difference, while in fact they are not.

Therefore, again - educate yourself, and develop self honesty and common sense so that you can support yourself to move effectively with practical action not influenced by conditioned feelings, emotions, and thoughts, to be able to understand the world and share a practical solution that people will be able to hear.
Raúl

Post by Raúl »

One question, how can we know global warming isn't a hoax?
I agree a human should life without any impact in the planet, but I find information for both answers, it is a hoax, it is not a hoax, and I find mainstream media saying it's a real issue
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

Here's a cool hangout done by the Politics of Self team on the subject, so there you'll be able to gather more perspectives and so create your own point of view around it - share back what you gather from it to continue the conversation

Politics Of Self [7] The Controversy of Climate Change

Return to “Equal Money System Videos”