Studies

Share and ask your moments and experiences in random, unpredictable, sudden moments that happened to you - you'd like to understand. Whether it be during a discussion with someone and not understanding why certain thoughts / behaviours came up in you or another. Not understanding another's facial expression or even your own when looking in the mirror etc. So, this thread is dedicated to the everyday life moments we WONDER about but never ask.
viktor

Re: Studies

Post by viktor »

Hi Danielle,

I look at the following way: My studies takes the highest priority over everything else in my world – why? Because they are directly related to my future survival in this world, which means directly in relation to my future ability to make money. Thus, when I plan my day, I make sure that I make time for my studies, then when I am done with those, I look at my time and what it is that I want to do and then I plan accordingly.

I've realized that no passion or excitement is required to study and that even though it feels unlikely when one first start, most subjects has their charm – for example: I study law – now this is a very formal and dry subject and initially I found it extremely boring – yet when I invested myself into the material what I've found is that there are certain aspects of law that are actually very enjoyable and compatible with me as a being. For example, when you study law there is a certain problem solving dimension involved, and you have to be creative and open-minded in that process, and this is something that I've enjoyed a lot.

So, you can see for yourself in relation the subject your studying whether you might've possibly judged it and not invested yourself in it, and thus not really discovered and learned about what the subject in-fact entails and what of it you do enjoy and have an aptitude towards. Really, most of the times when we resist things, it's actually because there is something in there to learn and discover, yet when we immediately follow our resistances, we don't allow ourselves to make that discovery. Thus, what I suggest is that you look at your studies with fresh new eyes, and create your own relationship towards it; your own learning and studying agreement – and in that develop and find ways to make studying productive and supportive for yourself = a COOL experience.
Antoaneta

Post by Antoaneta »

Hi Danielle,
I like Sylvia's perspective on how you would view the material once you study it like any other subject. I don't know if you have recently began participation with Desteni, but my experience was similar to yours in regards to Desteni within my first 6 moths to 1 year with Desteni (especially in the very beginning). I was on the site every moment I can in my day and the only thing that intrigued me was to get answers. I think that is a phase as you get familiar with the material. Then once I realized that many of the questions were already answered within the material I began researching it on my own and watched other's videos for perspectives within the group and how the group was moving forward.

As I became more independent within using the Desteni tools my focus became to actually work on applying them to my studies and daily life. Thus even though it appears to be two separate dimensions (Desteni and your Studies)- they are actually ONE because it becomes about who you are within your studies of self application.

I do however totally relate to your experience of being flushed with questions and interested in answers. I do think it is a phase that the mind goes through as one gets more familiar with how to walk process.

Enjoy!
Anna

Post by Anna »

Awesome User! Very cool practical tips here.
andresftenjo

Post by andresftenjo »

great support ! thank you User, and thanks everyone
sandymac

Post by sandymac »

Hi Danielle
Cool support here, just to add; The Desteni material can be interpreted by the mind as very 'exciting'. It is new to you and fascinating, that is cool and I agree, it's awesome!
Something to consider, Sunette told me once, 'wherever there is excitement, there is self-interest'
I was quite taken aback when she told me that because of the context I asked her about the excitement, but when I looked at that statement in self-honesty, I realized she was right!
There was something I desired/wanted just for me.
Obviously, at this moment in time, the Desteni material won't get you your degree and the career that you require to move forward in your life in a practical way. So learn, enjoy, participate but first
do your studies!
Terrone28

Post by Terrone28 »

I agree with viktor, he said it very well.
viktor wrote: I've realized that no passion or excitement is required to study and that even though it feels unlikely when one first start, most subjects has their charm – for example: I study law – now this is a very formal and dry subject and initially I found it extremely boring – yet when I invested myself into the material what I've found is that there are certain aspects of law that are actually very enjoyable and compatible with me as a being. For example, when you study law there is a certain problem solving dimension involved, and you have to be creative and open-minded in that process, and this is something that I've enjoyed a lot.

So, you can see for yourself in relation the subject your studying whether you might've possibly judged it and not invested yourself in it, and thus not really discovered and learned about what the subject in-fact entails and what of it you do enjoy and have an aptitude towards. Really, most of the times when we resist things, it's actually because there is something in there to learn and discover, yet when we immediately follow our resistances, we don't allow ourselves to make that discovery. Thus, what I suggest is that you look at your studies with fresh new eyes, and create your own relationship towards it; your own learning and studying agreement – and in that develop and find ways to make studying productive and supportive for yourself = a COOL experience.
Terrone28

Post by Terrone28 »

Maybe you're thinking about many things beside your study that's why you couldn't concentrate or stay focused on it. Clear your mind and stay focused, eat peanuts. :D

Return to “Questions and Perspectives about Everyday Life Moments”