What do I do to embrace the system?

Share and ask your moments and experiences in random, unpredictable, sudden moments that happened to you - you'd like to understand. Whether it be during a discussion with someone and not understanding why certain thoughts / behaviours came up in you or another. Not understanding another's facial expression or even your own when looking in the mirror etc. So, this thread is dedicated to the everyday life moments we WONDER about but never ask.
ZachWang

What do I do to embrace the system?

Postby ZachWang » 28 Oct 2016, 04:07

I am currently working as a English teacher teaching kids aged from 5-9 in a company. The ways that we teach the kids include: viewing pictures and movies, and then us teachers showing them what stories those pictures are telling us and what those animals or cartoon figures in movies are doing or saying. And the movies are all Disney movies including Bambi, Lion King, Snow White, Pinnochio, Fox and Hound, Peter Pan, Chicken Run, etc. And the stories are basically some novels about adventures or children horror novels.

After being working for the company for 6 months, I come to realise that all we are doing is serving the subconscious mind where it stores pictures, sounds, colors, experiences, scenes, including whatever one sees. And those Disney movies and novels are way far from reality. Because you have the animals talking to each other or doing things like human beings(mind) or doing things that are impossible in the physical reality but possible in mind reality through imagination. So, it's basically brainwashing and mind activation where it has nothing to do with learning an actual language because learning a language must put the learner in the real actual context in physical reality but not such a movie or picture way of learning.

But it is my job, I have to make a living. But I start to disagree with the way we are teaching English. It is impossible to do anything about it. Because we have limited amount of time in one class--40 minutes, we can't even cover the amount of content we should teach the kids set by the company, because it is too much information. And all we tell the parents are what we are doing is to match the sound with the scenes. You see, I do something, then I say it. Then if the kids see the doing again, then he knows what to say(knowledge). And that's a nice example where I as a real person doing something for the kids, sitting for instance, which is real. But when it comes to pictures(stories) and movies(figures, feelings, emotions, reactions, fantasy stuff), it is too far away from the reality where nearly impossible stuff including most novels and movies we are teaching.

So, what can I do about it? You know, everything including the way and the content how and what we teach has been exactly set up by the company. We can do nothing about it. I think the reason why so many parents choose this company to teach English is that they agree with the fact that subconsciousness is who they are.

Should I just leave this company and if possible, I start a new company? Or I continue doing this job blindly?

Luc St-Amand

Re: What do I do to embrace the system?

Postby Luc St-Amand » 28 Oct 2016, 17:41

Participating within the system is embracing it. these are all questions that you will have to answer for yourself as there is so much back round information that we are not aware of. Taking what you have said at face value, I think this could be a gift in the making.

viktor

Postby viktor » 29 Oct 2016, 23:01

All jobs in the system are in some way ridiculous and not very effective at all. I work in a court, and in my job, I am taking part in sentencing people to various punishments, even though it will not in anyway make a long-term difference, and when fact of the matter is that a real solution involve looking at WHY people become criminals to begin with. However, I walk the system, I embrace, to earn money so that I can survive, and because the system offers me a great opportunity to walk my process of self-change – because in the system – I get challenged frequently.

However, I also have long-term plans, of starting up my own law firm, and using laws to promote change, and push for a deeper understanding into how criminals are created, and what sustainable solutions there are that can be applied. Thus, I have made peace with where I am at in the system at the moment, I am in the system, however not off the system, and I am making plans for the future, so that I can contribute to some real and substantial change, and not just keeping the status quo.

My suggestion to you would thus be, embrace the system, use it as an opportunity to understand how things work, and see if there are ways in which you are able to contribute, even though you are in a limited system. Then, expand your horizons, and see whether you are able to work towards something in the future, where you have more influence and can bring through a more substantial change.

ZachWang

Postby ZachWang » 25 Mar 2017, 17:19

Yes, Viktor. I wrote this post half a year ago, and now I am still working in the same company, almost up to a year. During these recent months after wrting this post, I have been investigating and exploring our company and the whole industry where I have found that it is not about our company only, but all the children across the world have been indulged into the entertainment within and of horror novels, fairy tales and animation movies to entertain children's minds, which would not help or assist the children to express themselves in physical reality in any way whatsoever, but being lost within their fantasies of pictures with highs and lows of energetic levels.

And I have also found that the most important element in a class is real interaction with the children to let the children expand/live themselves through what I present towards them, or I could resonate with them with regards to what they have accepted and allowed themselves to be. And most of the children especially those that have been opposed to schools meaning going to school have been brainwashed by the media. And all of them have experienced competition and survival in a school class. And those that have not gone to school have less competition and survival tendency or inclination, which is quite obvious. Because I am teaching 5 classes. Three of them have quite young children like 5 or 6 years old, who do not have any sense of competition or survival but being observing the strange outside world, waiting to be influenced by other children or teachers or their parents. And I am quite sure that all the parents who send their children to our company do not know how to parent their children at all, or have little practice in terms of how assisting and supproting the children to grow and express as an actual real human being who will take respondsibility for themselves and the world. And also, some of the parents do not have much time to spend with their children where the children will just "grow up" by themselves with the influence from others, media, etc, which will lead them nowhere.

And I decide to do something about it, like changing the content we have been teaching because it is like a product, we never talk about quality of the product(the content we are teaching) to the parents(customers) in terms of how the content influences the children, we only talk about how it can make parents feel where we will tell them that their chilren will learn English well where we tell the parents that words only make sense under various contexts. But the contexts we use in the class are contexts of movies, fairy tales and horror novels, which will never make any real contexts. So, I would say that our company is such a deceiver, and all parents are blind in such a way, which reveals that the whole society is ignorant and sick because all parents do not know how to educate their children so that they let the corporations take responsibility for them because they don't know how to take responsibility for their kids or even for themselves.

to be continued...

viktor

Postby viktor » 01 Apr 2017, 20:56

Cool update,

And it is awesome that you have taken initiative to change the education products for the benefit of the kids. I find this point SO fascinating, because it shows that regardless of where we are in the system, we can make a difference, we can change things for the better, as it is all about WHO WE ARE within it. Do we push ourselves to ACT on the opportunities that open up, or do we remain docile and okay with the way things are. The change must begin somewhere, and if one person in the corporation starts to act in the interest of the kids, then that will ripple and spread, because what is a corporation but a group of people acting together with a similar purpose/context? And if you can make a difference for one child, then that will ripple as well, and not only make a difference for that individual kid, but for the people that are in the life of that kid.

The Secret: To be in the system but not of the system = we DECIDE what who we are going to be and what we will accept and allow and what we will not accept and allow – and what we will create with our lives.

Return to “Questions and Perspectives about Everyday Life Moments”