Want freedom from prescription psych drugs, but keep going back to the,

Share and ask your moments and experiences in random, unpredictable, sudden moments that happened to you - you'd like to understand. Whether it be during a discussion with someone and not understanding why certain thoughts / behaviours came up in you or another. Not understanding another's facial expression or even your own when looking in the mirror etc. So, this thread is dedicated to the everyday life moments we WONDER about but never ask.
Nicklk1795

Want freedom from prescription psych drugs, but keep going back to the,

Postby Nicklk1795 » 11 Jan 2017, 19:55

So I have a feeling that I need to get off prescription drugs/psychiatric medications. I'm tired of having to be controlled from expressing myself as life, where I have to take drugs, simply because my family ant support me off of them, and oppose me from not taking them. My family goes in great conflict when o get off meds, which is why it's allot harder to change and get out of this same situation.

Can anybody please assist me with this point.

CerisePoolman

Re: Want freedom from prescription psych drugs, but keep going back to the,

Postby CerisePoolman » 11 Jan 2017, 20:33

I do not have personal experience with prescription meds, but I can share my observations. Sometimes, the meds can form a supportive bridge on the road to stability. Each individual must assess for themselves what path creates better stability in all areas of their life.

There is a blog specifically on Schizophrenia and the industry of Psychiatry: https://www.facebook.com/A-Schizophreni ... 634065720/

Nicklk1795

Postby Nicklk1795 » 11 Jan 2017, 21:15

I understand. Yeah I'll continue the meds, but I see from personal experience how the physic attic industry creates a form of control over people who want to break out of the prison cells that their environment created for them. I've realized that I'm a genius along with everyone else, and unfortunately that's suppressed by the family and psychiatric industry, for most people, luckily I've broken free from it to a certain degree, but I still have a ways to go with my journey. Thank you cerise.

tormod

Postby tormod » 11 Jan 2017, 21:17

Hi Nick !

Cool to hear from you again. and very cool topic to ask about.

i just talked to my doctor about the same desire, feeling weak or low for taking medications. i will look into the point to see that (for me) the fact that i get a shot to my buttocks is maybe the whole issue for me. to show my butt to the doctor.

this is a returning point for me also Nick. people out there in general have soooooo many ideas about what it is like to be schizophrene, or on meds at all.

there is so mush bashing and taking dirty about medication and the pharma industry... and that really is a double moral. people who don't take medication talk bad about taking it ?

I have schizophrenia. that means that genetically my brain gets more dopamine than what is cool. i gett to eager, carried away.... spontaneous. my drugs (i still take a anti pshycotic drug) helps me stabilize this.

nick: i say we blog and do SF the hell out and just give our best to break down the taboo of: taking meds. (huge potential lies here) soooooooooooo many people like you & me, live with emotions/guilt of taking meds... all sorts of meds. and though canabioil or garlic or tumeric is "better", the solution we have now is meds. and if we work with our doctor in honesty we can have a good life. i often feel like not taking medications. but i know that is supports me - overall.

lets talk more on this - lets hear what you have to say !

tormod

Nicklk1795

Postby Nicklk1795 » 11 Jan 2017, 21:37

For sure Tormod! I'm totally up for this. I a, waiting to talk to my doctor today or tomorrow. What I've discovered is that everything happens for a reason, and there has to be some power or force moving me and this universe to harmony. I've had too many cool things happen in my life recently, and at just the right time too. Let's look deeper I agree. :)

KimKline

Postby KimKline » 12 Jan 2017, 21:34

Hey Nick,

I have a little experience with prescription psych drugs. I agreed to be placed on meds after a breakdown I had from work, so my experience is limited, but I have tested it out for myself.

I would be curious to learn how you define 'freedom' here in your question, because at my worst point, I saw that I too was seeking 'freedom'. The difference here is that you are seeking 'freedom from meds', and I was seeking 'freedom within meds'.

What I saw in my definition of 'freedom'' there was an element of escape. There was a part of me that was seeking to escape the experience I was having. What I learned was that it is never about escaping the experience, but about understanding it, and becoming self-responsible within it.

The medication acted as a bridge for me that assisted and supported me to realize a greater need for self-responsibility and daily moment-to-moment self application. This is not how I would have originally defined 'freedom' because it is more about commitment and dedication. So I had to re-define freedom because I saw it does not exist in escape. I see that I am free to choose self-responsibility and self-honesty, I am free to choose what's best for me with a consideration of what's best for all, I am free to choose not to go into reactions, judgments and emotional experiences. What this means is that for me, at this point, a form of freedom can be lived within and as in self-responsibility, both on and off of medication.

I think we are all free to make self-responsible choices. It's only when we fall into the default-mode of the mind, where we abdicate our self-responsibility and allow our reactions, and judgments and back-chats to pull the strings for us that allows for an existence of control (=opposite of freedom). But it requires a bit of a process of developing understanding and awareness to realize these choices exist.

So, this process can be walked on or off medication. So long as you develop understanding, make decisions in awareness and use and develop self-honesty so that you know it is YOU that is the director of our ship (self-direction), and that YOU are the author of your script (self-authority).

Keep us updated Nick! and thanks for sharing :D

Nicklk1795

Postby Nicklk1795 » 14 Jan 2017, 05:30

Thank you Kim. I see I enjoy myself on medications, and I have allowed myself to guide myself in what instincts or tails I see try to come up that I move in what I see is best.

I have allot of intense fears that have accumulated when in certain situations or environments, so I've learned by teaching myself how to build up step by step/slowly to express myself freely and be a better version of myself and I've been creating success in my life that may be small, but it's where I'm happy and it feels cool to be self dependent.

I'm the creator of my reality, how cool :)

Return to “Questions and Perspectives about Everyday Life Moments”