Need help with health, and weight issues

Share and ask your moments and experiences in random, unpredictable, sudden moments that happened to you - you'd like to understand. Whether it be during a discussion with someone and not understanding why certain thoughts / behaviours came up in you or another. Not understanding another's facial expression or even your own when looking in the mirror etc. So, this thread is dedicated to the everyday life moments we WONDER about but never ask.
Nicklk1795

Need help with health, and weight issues

Post by Nicklk1795 »

So, the seroquel has been causing weight gain.

I ended up going to total nutrition, which they have supplements for appetite control, and also for weight loss, along with having given me a diet plan to follow. Would this be best? I don't get my check until the 6th to spend on this, but what would be some suggestions now, so I can control the side effects from seroquel?
AnthonyF

Re: Need help with health, and weight issues

Post by AnthonyF »

I would say to write out any resistances etc to what this medication is doing to your body. Because if it is in fact something you see that you do require, then for example I'd write out why it's best to yes, stick with the medicine, and to accept the temporary consequences/side effects that it entails for starters so that you are clear that you require this and what it is doing to you, and then from there I think you can more easily/directly make a decision as to lose the excess weight and such. Because not being clear in one's relationship to medicine, or anything, can increase the effects, or here the side effects, so would be for example worsening the situation by attaining more weight than one would get if they were not participating within the mind.

Other than that, I'm personally a fan of the simple things. Like walking, eating healthy - to stay fit/healthy. I have not tried diet plans or supplements for appetite control/weight loss. Something like appetite control sounds like something that again, you could write out, to see if you're eating as the mind as opposed to eating as the physical. Because the physical's nutrional needs are certainly different to the mind's nutrional (or lackthereof) needs!
Nicklk1795

Re: Need help with health, and weight issues

Post by Nicklk1795 »

Thanks again Anthony! I know what to do from this point forward :)

Return to “Questions and Perspectives about Everyday Life Moments”