How can I create a relationship/partnership with another?

Share and ask your moments and experiences in random, unpredictable, sudden moments that happened to you - you'd like to understand. Whether it be during a discussion with someone and not understanding why certain thoughts / behaviours came up in you or another. Not understanding another's facial expression or even your own when looking in the mirror etc. So, this thread is dedicated to the everyday life moments we WONDER about but never ask.
ZachWang

How can I create a relationship/partnership with another?

Postby ZachWang » 19 Feb 2017, 18:22

I have never been in a relationship/partnership before. And I always think that I am not ready for a relationship because I have not yet rebirthed myself here as life so I believe that if I go into a relationship with another person, then there will be no good for any of us. So, I kind of resist relationship or love. And I never talk about these things with people. And they talk about relationship, love or even sex, I will simply shut down and refuse to talk with them.

And I also think that even though I am not constantly living here physically, I am still walking the process, maybe I will be some assistance and support to another, and she will be some assistance or support to me. Then both of us will benefit from this supportive relationship to reach each one of us' utmost potential.

So, I am here to ask: how did you create your first solid and stable relationship/partnership with another? so that I will be grateful that I can learn something from your example and apply/try out in my life, thank you=_= Because I don't know how to approach someone to try whether we can have a relationship or not, and I know that I can't just go there and say:'hi, do you wanna have a relationship with me?' So, how can I assist and support myself to reach out for another to try to physically test the compatibility but not being manipulated by reactions or manipulating self and others based pictures and energy?

YoganBarrientos

Re: How can I create a relationship/partnership with another?

Postby YoganBarrientos » 20 Feb 2017, 00:46

Hi Wang,
when you wrote this : "And they talk about relationship, love or even sex, I will simply shut down and refuse to talk with them. "
I have a solution for you.
What I did was to write out for myself the kind of person that I would want as a partner. So what you can do for you is to have a paper or document on computer and write out what you would actually really want. When you have this written out, then you can see for yourself. Because sometimes your mind will want to enter a relationship because of energy. But if you have it written down what you really want, which you can call your standards for relationship, then you have proof for yourself. If you start wanting a relationship with someone, but you remind yourself of your document, and you can see if you are compromising on what you really want. Because this happens a lot that people compromise because they want energy.

It's a process to write it out. You will learn things about yourself and your mind most likely. But once you have it set and written down you will feel better, because then you don't have to shut down. "And they talk about relationship, love or even sex, I will simply shut down and refuse to talk with them. " You can instead talk about what you really want. Make sense?

ZachWang

Postby ZachWang » 20 Feb 2017, 12:51

Yes, thanks, Yogan. I really don't know what I really want. I was quite depressed to a certain extent because I haven't tried out much, I don't even know what I want or prefer. Today, I am going to write these points out.

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 22 Feb 2017, 03:18

I definitely recommend checking out the various videos in the 'Relationships' Hangouts Series because a lot of us have shared our perspectives, our step-by-step processes in various aspects of what relationships are about. At the same time you might want to look at the 'assessing compatibility' one for example, there you can gather and learn various considerations from many of us around this topic too

Enjoy writing for yourself where you're at in relation to 'relationships' and so defining more who you are and what you'd like to create in a relationship, this will assist a lot in then going out there taking the practical steps to create a relationship

And, there's also the Relationships to Agreements self-support course that is part of the DIP courses, which you can walk regardless of being in a relationship or without one, because in the end it all starts with our self-relationship.

ZachWang

Postby ZachWang » 23 Feb 2017, 17:42

Thanks, Marlen. I will check those videos out.

YoganBarrientos

Postby YoganBarrientos » 24 Feb 2017, 06:22

Hi Wang.
The depression program.

The depression program is like purgatory in the Christian Religion. Neither Hell nor Heaven. It's a place of waiting, endlessly. Nothing changes or evolves.

It has an addictive quality to it.

The solution is to find a place of Strength, or Standing. Like YESSS!!!!! Im going to do THIS!!!! This is what I want to do!!! I decide who I am!!! I create my life!!!! I choose!!! I do it!!! I decide what I feel!!!! I decide my experience!!!!!

Try repeating the above words out loud. Scream it!!! Yell it!!!!! Find the place within you where you feel a fire come alive, where the words completely resonate as yourself.
I found there is always a decision you need to make, or a direction you need to take to unleash this within myself. It's like the missing piece of the puzzle in my life.

Return to “Questions and Perspectives about Everyday Life Moments”