Potentially being in a depressed state and covering that up as "being supportive"

Share and ask your moments and experiences in random, unpredictable, sudden moments that happened to you - you'd like to understand. Whether it be during a discussion with someone and not understanding why certain thoughts / behaviours came up in you or another. Not understanding another's facial expression or even your own when looking in the mirror etc. So, this thread is dedicated to the everyday life moments we WONDER about but never ask.
Nicklk1795

Potentially being in a depressed state and covering that up as "being supportive"

Postby Nicklk1795 » 23 Mar 2017, 09:43

So theres a point where I was with a destonian on a trip I had. He opened up allot of points in where I see where my gifts with mental health/hell are, in where I see the potential to support others through whatever darkness may be able to surface if I were able to show it to them. So my words here show the intent as of where im coming from that I may not clearly see to all angles as whether this is supportive or deception. Ive already opened up points of where it is deception, yet i see how it be a gift to support others from where I have been through mental health/hell, and where Im not satisfied with what i see in my environment and see the potential in others and want to help. But again bernard said that can be a very touchy point, so just wanted to get this clear so theres no potential consequences of getting fucked with other people in where I create a resonance within my words in what i say to them where they feel fucked in similar points to where im fucked in where Im subconciously or unconciously trying to create slaves for my own happiness.

Marlen

Re: Potentially being in a depressed state and covering that up as "being supportive"

Postby Marlen » 23 Mar 2017, 18:05

Hi Nick
i see how it be a gift to support others from where I have been through mental health/hell, and where Im not satisfied with what i see in my environment and see the potential in others and want to help. But again bernard said that can be a very touchy point, so just wanted to get this clear so theres no potential consequences of getting fucked with other people in where I create a resonance within my words in what i say to them where they feel fucked in similar points to where im fucked in where Im subconciously or unconciously trying to create slaves for my own happiness.
Here I'm not entirely seeing what your happiness would be here - however a suggestion is to redefine support wherein it is not about wanting to 'save' or 'help' others to do the same as you have, but simply share your own process, what you've been working on and understanding about yourself and the practical ways in which you've done this.

In terms of the 'resonance' created with words, this is all entirely about who you are in sharing yourself and what your intent is. I don't see the entire context of what this means on how you would share to another, but for example if one focuses too much on only talking about 'the problem' and forget about the solution, sure the whole exchange becomes only a rehashing of the problem without focusing on the relevance of self-change and the practicality of seeing where was self missed in all of those outflows and consequences as 'the problem'

So, sharing how we stand up from a particular problem in our lives in practicality is a way to support another, watching out at the same time for the desire to 'change them' or 'save them' or anything like that.

If you can expand on the happiness point that would also be great so as to see what you exactly mean with that.

Garbrielle

Re: Potentially being in a depressed state and covering that up as "being supportive"

Postby Garbrielle » 24 Mar 2017, 05:45

Yes, i agree with Marlen. Also to add is that with the point of deception, this is a layered process i have found within my own process i have walked, so what we have is ourselves, the tools of support, writing, speaking forgiveness, self change, and then supporting others with what has been walked by self and has supported self to change. This is a point i have found where instead of fearing that i will be deceptive, I rather look and see within my day to day living where i am being deceptive and/or self dishonesty, when i find a point, I open it up in self forgiveness either in writing or in speaking, support myself with the correction, and start living the correction in my world as soon as possible. Once i have walked through a point, then i start sharing myself in regards to supporting another as i know i have actually walked it and lived solutions. Through it all there are miss-takes, but even these are learning experiences, so practicing being self honest I have found is a key foundation even in the midst of self deception happening, walking the tools, correcting self, and then self change as the solution. This is the beauty of this process, we are walking the mind patterns and the solutions simultaneously in multiple ways until it is done and we are all here, breathing and living in what is best for all life in practical ways that make sense.

Return to “Questions and Perspectives about Everyday Life Moments”