Money or Innocent Children?

Share and ask your moments and experiences in random, unpredictable, sudden moments that happened to you - you'd like to understand. Whether it be during a discussion with someone and not understanding why certain thoughts / behaviours came up in you or another. Not understanding another's facial expression or even your own when looking in the mirror etc. So, this thread is dedicated to the everyday life moments we WONDER about but never ask.
ZachWang

Money or Innocent Children?

Postby ZachWang » 06 Apr 2017, 16:24

I am currently facing a decision-making moment. The context is as follows:
As I have been investigating the world system and mind consciousness system, I start to be aware of more and more deceptions and manipulations within myself and the world. Our company started in 1998. And now it can make profit about 30 million dollar per year. Because there are more than 20 thousand children aged from 4-12 "learning English" here in our company. So, how do we teach English exactly? 1. Our company collected many fairy tales that are popular in English-Speaking countries where 99% of the stories we use can be found on the Internet. Then we put some pictures there. We as teachers are going to vividly and emotionally tell those stories to the children with pictures. And some stories are too scary or too complex for the children to understand. Later on, after stories, we are going to use novels written by R.L.Stine, or by other American writers. And all these novels are horror novels where I as an adult will feel afraid or scared when I read them. And I am quite aware now that telling these fairy tales or novels that are all made up by the writer or way far from reality to the children will influence their minds extensively so that they start to build up their imaginative or fantasized world stored as memories that will form their personalities and behaviours, etc. 2. Our companies use many Disney Movies. So, during the class, we are going to let the children watch movies and then we will tell them what those figures or animals are doing in the film. Our company has nothing original or created by us. And I know the brainwashing influence every single movie can do to the children. So, every single day, there are more than 20000 children in Beijing being brainwashed by our company. And they have to spend 6 years from 5 years old if they want to complete all the courses our company has set. Because the children are more innocent beings, when I think of the fact that so many children are corrupted by our company, I just want to quit this job immediately to find another company that has a more effective and real way of learning English based on real interactions. Because real understanding is more physical through daily life-like context and situations, not based on fairy tales or Disney movies. From this perspective, I decide to change my job.

Secondly, money. Because I have been working in this company for almost 1 year. After a year, I can earn more than 1000 dollars a month; whereas currently, it is about 850 dollars per month. If I change a company, it will be definitely less than 1000 dollars per months in the beginning. And I have to adapt to another company's routine and working environment, etc.

Thirdly, I want to create a new way of learning English in the market so I have to learn as much as possible to see what is going on in the Children English Learning Market to combine them with what I have considered to create a new system of learning English. And from this perspective, I will decide to quit this job.

And I also have a thought that our company is probably illegal because we use so many novels and movies that are created by someone else where they have their copyrights so we have probably committed copyright infringement.

As I think of what I am doing would do harm onto the children, I will have no any motivation/or even resist to present the class based on pictures, stories and movies. Sometimes, I just want to shut down this company.

And I know that, throughout so many years, definitely, those parents of the children are ignorant and blind to continuously accept and allow such a brainwashing company to exist. But for the sake of children, should I accept and allow our company and the parents to continue doing things that are of doing no good onto children's growth as a being as life?

Marlen

Re: Money or Innocent Children?

Postby Marlen » 06 Apr 2017, 18:41

Because the children are more innocent beings, when I think of the fact that so many children are corrupted by our company, I just want to quit this job immediately to find another company that has a more effective and real way of learning English based on real interactions. Because real understanding is more physical through daily life-like context and situations, not based on fairy tales or Disney movies. From this perspective, I decide to change my job.
[...]

And I know that, throughout so many years, definitely, those parents of the children are ignorant and blind to continuously accept and allow such a brainwashing company to exist. But for the sake of children, should I accept and allow our company and the parents to continue doing things that are of doing no good onto children's growth as a being as life?
Here I'll simply share a perspective considering that it is you and only you who can make such a decision and will share more from my personal experience in what you are looking at as 'the problem.'
I started learning english when I was 4 years old in my school and we in fact used also movies, songs and books to read, I was actually one of the ones that would choose to read R.L. Stine books to integrate reading as a habit within me because it wasn't easy for me to create such habit either, but found that through generating the interest with these books, I later on expanded to many more subjects than just 'horror' so there, be careful on how you're projecting your experience towards kids and their relationship to 'horror', when in fact it can be supportive to develop a reading habit or english reading habit as well - remember it's not about blaming or judging things that exist in our reality but learning to use them to create a particular result or outcome.

I would also watch movies in my school and no, they didn't own any copyright and that wasn't the problem either, the point was to acquire the skills in various methods/ways we could and that our teachers could reach out to use. Not sure how the politics are in China, but there's no problem with that in Mexico or at least not in the school I was in. So, here only considering where the judgment exists towards 'legal or illegal' activities as a personal preference rather than an actual consequence in the system.

Ultimately it's about embracing what is here. Children would most likely get to watch all those disney movies anyways and the rest of books or material even if it wasn't through that company you work on, and yes they are not entirely 'supportive' but little things in this world are geared to be supportive in that sense, so you cannot expect to find a perfect company unless as you say, you create it and that's something you can plan on and consider with care.

What I then share from my experience is how even if I used all of those methods to learn English, what I acquired are the skills and later on through this process I could walk through any of the 'brainwashing' from the materials used for that. Here I expand it to music in my personal case where learning lyrics and the rest of it was a source for learning outside school, also tv shows etc. and also got quite some brainwashing for it that at times I'm still walking, but that's me using the skill to do this self-processing as well.

So, it really depends on each person and their context, understanding and possibly the teacher's input to ensure that what is used to learn English can be assessed through common sense and see it for what it is: a way, a bridge to learn a language. But! See where and how I have directed myself with my English skills, to be here and understand everything published in Desteni and write/read/speak the language fluently where the whole 'learning process' with 'brainwashing materials' is not influencing me at all.

Therefore it is definitely still a point of individual responsibility of how far we allow a point of conditioning to affect us through the education system. As a teacher you can only input some common sense. You could contact Thomas La Grua because he's an English teacher in Taiwan and implementing some interesting courses/material for his students there which are more linked to developing these principles that we work on integrating within ourselves as well through Desteni.

Ultimately, I'd suggest you first check your own judgments towards what is 'out there' in the world system, the materials you work with and your position in it so that you can be certain of your decision in relation to quitting that job or not.

Here I've simply shared extra considerations that I've walked in a personal way and how it is ultimately up to each individual to break-through any possible 'conditioning' through education system and use English as a primary skill in my case to do so, considering I walk this process primarily in English even though it's not my mother tongue either.

Thanks for sharing

Return to “Questions and Perspectives about Everyday Life Moments”