Borderline personality disorder?

Ask questions related to Desteni Articles, Videos and Recordings. Share the information you have heard / read in your thread and then accordingly ask specific questions pertaining to it. This will allow others who may have similar questions now or in the future to understand the context shared in related material better.
Marlen

Re: Borderline personality disorder?

Post by Marlen »

Cool Jessie, would be nice if you also share some here on the forum, because many more could benefit from seeing how doctors identify this point, how you experience it yourself and so expand our resources here on the forum on how to assist oneself with these tools, along with your professional support too

Glad you're writing again
JessicaA

Post by JessicaA »

Hello Marlen, yes I can do that :D
DrewSantillo

Post by DrewSantillo »

Hi jessica
I have all the symptoms of bpd but I think trauma in early childhood is the root cause. This article explains exactly how I feel and why let me know if u can relate
http://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/resensi ... ma-0223154
JessicaArias

Post by JessicaArias »

Hello Drew
Yes, I can relate to some of the symptoms, I can relate also that certain experiences in my childhood triggered this - mostly not having the abbility to have good tools to develop behaviours to face my reality - so I can say I was always were feeling everything as a sort of "trauma" cause I was/am very sensitive.

Another things is that I can read all the information related to BDP on line and feel familiar to the symptoms but that won´t help me; I observed it makes me like participate in feeling bad about myself and feed the emotions/feelings more and more. But if you are using this as a tool to investigate more about this personality disorder and change points on yourself is cool.
Luc St-Amand

Post by Luc St-Amand »

Kim awesome support there.

Drew I won't get into a complex response because it is simple: You are processing with desteni.. the rest is history.

Keep up the good work and do your best in the dip lite course, there is no failure when it comes to self exploration.
KimKline

Post by KimKline »

Jessica, you bring up a really important point here:
Another things is that I can read all the information related to BDP on line and feel familiar to the symptoms but that won´t help me; I observed it makes me like participate in feeling bad about myself and feed the emotions/feelings more and more. But if you are using this as a tool to investigate more about this personality disorder and change points on yourself is cool.
I have recently been analyzed and assessed by psychologists and they have determined I have OCD, ADD and anxiety disorder. I had never considered ADD before, and now that it's an "official diagnosis" by the "experts" I see myself feeling a desire to use it as an excuse, to excuse myself from having to apply myself as much because it's too hard, or much harder for me because I have these disorders, when in fact, nothing in my reality has changed, I have just now been labelled.

So, I think it's important to understand and name and conditions and disorders, and to investigate them and get to know what research is out there, but not from the starting point of feeling bad about it, feeling self-pity or using it to justify inaction. It's a shitty deal but everybody's life experience and processes are difficult in different ways. Rather research and investigate existing information and solutions in order to see what is practical for you, what can support you and bring you to a point of healing and tending to yourself. The starting point is important, so I stay on track by reminding myself that I am looking to support myself to find solutions that work for me.

I definitely did go through a period of intrigue because I had been alone within the experience for so long that it was fascinating to see that others were experiencing it too. I would read articles and watch youtube videos all the time, and found it supportive to not feel so alone, and also to see that others could relate. But after a certain point I realized that there are not many offering real and practically applicable solutions or steps. So it's cool to also put oneself out there, when and as ready, to share the experience and any steps taken to manage it, because so much of the material online can be used for self-sabotage and to make matters worse.
YoganBarrientos

Post by YoganBarrientos »

Hey Drew, how's it going today? I would like to hear how you are doing.

So I have some great info for you that you can use in case you are not finding the right therapist, or psychiatrist. So some background info on me: I studied psychology at Reed College for my Bachelors, this is Portland Oregon. So I am going to share with you things that I learned from that, particularly from my clinical psychology class.

So first off, every single clinical psychologist and psychiatrist are required by law to use this book 'the DSM' when diagnosing a mental disorder (at least for united states, I can't speak for Europe or elsewhere). So basically, if you really wanted to, it is possible to see what the DSM says about the Borderline personality disorder, and you can try to find out if they have written down recommended treatment strategies. Ideally, you find a doctor you can trust, that has years of experience treating people with Borderline personality disorder, and are competent in their work. But that's not always the case, so I want to at least give you this option. If you need help acquiring the book or finding info I could spend some time on that. It might be faster for me because of my experience in school.

Also, if your ability to read, research or study what psychology treatments exist, it is possible to study this in textbooks for yourself. It would requiring researching what textbooks university students in psychiatry programs are studying and find the correct books. Psychology itself is an interesting area to learn about. From having studied both psychology as well as the desteni material, I found many crossovers, which means the information on both sides are not in conflict. According to me, the very base physical learning systems such as conditioning actually explain how thoughts, emotions and feelings are created in a very basic/simplistic way.

Anyway, so I end the message here. If you have any questions or would like any assistance just email/message me, thanks.

Return to “Questions relating to Specific Desteni Articles / Videos / Recordings”