The Design of Alcohol

Rozelle de Lange

The Design of Alcohol

Post by Rozelle de Lange »

John Grunzweig

Re: The Design of Alcohol

Post by John Grunzweig »

i didn't watch the video yet but it has been my experience that the design of alcohol on the human brain is something like pouring a glass of water into your computer. you should not do it even if everyone els says its fun

i should add i don't know if it is true but they say a glass of red wine with dinner can be good for you.
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

i should add i don't know if it is true but they say a glass of red wine with dinner can be good for you.
We at Desteni had a discussion on that some months ago and just as this video says - when you do watch it - I would not have even a drop of alcohol justified by what 'science' or 'doctors' say - it's not about it being bad or good, we simply understand and have realized ourselves in our bodies what it does. From such justification, people are actually taking alcohol/wine on a daily basis which could've even been created as a rumor by the wine industry to sell their product as something 'beneficial' - I mean, who knows?

All I know is that I would get drunk on red wine, I'd make a great deal about me enjoying it a lot and in fact, it was the last alcoholic beverage I'd have even while on process, just because of this type of allowances of it not being 'that bad'. Though I saw how it remained as a single 'open door' which I knew could become an excuse to drink again so, I simply shut the door completely to make sure I don't boycott myself using 'outside excuses' as to why I could be using it for the 'benefits' of it.

That's my perspective on this.
Maya

Post by Maya »

As Marlen indicated, it is suggest investigating the point for oneself and seeing in self honesty the influences of it on our human physical body. There is nothing wrong with Alcohol per say and defining it as wrong create separation that is based on polarity. so a suggestion is to always investigate one's starting point when drinking alcohol to get a better understanding of our own programming which from that, we'll be able to direct and change ourselves accordingly.

A cool blog post Niklas made the other day in relation to Alchohol addiction - One Year of No Alcohol
Mike McDonald

Post by Mike McDonald »

thanks for sharing Niklas' blog. very cool read. My experiences with alcohol are similar. Using it for many years as way express myself because i felt my expression was limmitted. I eventually cut it out because i dont need alcohol to express myself because i am the courgae to express myself in self honesty and self trust. for ahwile alcohol was my liquid courage.
John Grunzweig

Post by John Grunzweig »

well, interesting...

i am not really looking for any excuses for drinking. i don't think i need one, i dont drink often although the last 4 or 5 years not including the last year i have bbeen drinking a lot really just to block pain. some times i just want to be numb. other times it's just a way to interact socially with other people. i mean what els are you going to do in a bar, drink milk. then you will stand out, people will think you are some kind of christian freak who is just their to try to save souls or some bumb shit or they just think you are fuckin' weird. i admit i like to get drunk once in a while and just forget how fucked up shit is. but i guess the reason i go to bars is because sometimes i feel lonely. i just want live interaction with people and i just dont know were else to find it. in church? i dont think so! the drunks in the bar are much more alive than the mental Masterbaiters in church but, no smarter i guess.

i have not yet watched the video about this topic. i will but in all honesty i know the truth from experience. drinking just makes people act stupid. nothing to gain from it. so why do i do it? am i addicted? i only drink once every few months and nothing good ever comes of it. sometimes a neon light draws me in like a bug to a bug zapper but is it the alcohol i am addicted to or the social interaction, or just feeling numb and forgetting. i already know what many of you would say about the feeling numb part. and i am trying to forgive my self for that selfishness however walk a mile in my shews, see what i see up close and see if you don't want to be numb too. when you feel helpless, like you can do nothing for those around you. i'm not talking about my personal pain i mean the pain of family and friends too. some times it just kills me and i just want to numb myself and forget. i mean if you cant do anything else you just say "fuck it" many people i know understand this feeling

the truth is we that say fuck it need to "man-up" and face our pain and face our selves and move forward but we try this and nothing seems to happen, nothing seems to change. what are we doing wrong quitting drinking will be easy for me and i think i will but then what? what about the rest? what about the pain? sure i can fix my own but what about the rest? the ones i care about. the ones i have no control over. how do i stop the pain they cause them selves, the pain they cause me?

should i just not care? leave them behind? wish it were so easy :cry:
Maya

Post by Maya »

Jhon,
John Grunzweig wrote:i am not really looking for any excuses for drinking. i don't think i need one,
have a look at your written words which are excuses for why drinking alcohol:
John Grunzweig wrote: the last 4 or 5 years not including the last year i have bbeen drinking a lot really just to block pain
John Grunzweig wrote:some times i just want to be numb
John Grunzweig wrote:other times it's just a way to interact socially with other people. i mean what els are you going to do in a bar, drink milk. then you will stand out, people will think you are some kind of christian freak who is just their to try to save souls or some bumb shit or they just think you are fuckin' weird
John Grunzweig wrote:i just want live interaction with people
John Grunzweig wrote:the drunks in the bar are much more alive than the mental Masterbaiters in church
John Grunzweig wrote: i will but then what? what about the rest? what about the pain? sure i can fix my own but what about the rest? the ones i care about. the ones i have no control over. how do i stop the pain they cause them selves, the pain they cause me?
John Grunzweig wrote:but i guess the reason i go to bars is because sometimes i feel lonely
when you watch the video, the design of alcohol, you'll have better understanding.
however regardless - take a look at all your excuses and justification and see how you've abdicated self responsibility through hiding and suppressing yourself through alchohol. the alcohol won't make you socialized, it is only an idea that we've given as an excuse to drink alcohol. what is the worth of relationship that are based on alcohol, what the worth of the communication with people who are drunk? are you guys assisting and supporting yourself to face your shit and direct it or are you guys supporting each other to remain a slave to your own mind?

what is the fear of being along?
how you use other pain as an excuse to not face you?
how you drinking alcohol is an act of care for people who are in pain?

so - many points to open up here and introspect. i suggest you add more question to yourself through the eyes of equality and what is best for all. see how you can direct yourself to stand as principles instead of being influenced by the society codes and how society will defined you. see what you fear losing and what will happen to you if you lose that which you fear losing.
Garbrielle

Post by Garbrielle »

HI John...I have not had alcohol for a year and a bit more now, I have gone to a bar with friends and people from my past, and I just drank seltzer water and ice. They ask 'what, you don't drink anymore? why not?' in great shock, this amused me somewhat, but also, I realize that this is just programmed behavior. We are so programmed to see people drinking, having alcohol be accepted as the way to relax and enjoy friends as it's on every other commercial and pushed in tv and movies, but really if we have a self honest look, it's just a way for corps. to make money while we go to shit. Many deaths are caused, people go out of control, no common sense is practiced, and its really all just bullshit and not needed. I realized I could be an example to show we don't need to drink to enjoy here, alcohol is not needed to have a good time, and it can be stopped. I suggest use what has been said in this thread from Maya and Marlen, and write out self honestly why you drink. Many points have already been opened up thru your post above so that'll be a cool point to start from. In an equal money system, drinking alcohol will be banned as it is an abuse to life and does nothing to support what is here and what is best for all.
Garid

Post by Garid »

Today I listed to the interview, as I did so there where no movements within me, only confirmation of how I have let myself give into addiction of wanting to experience myself under influence. From this moment on I take self responsibility to stand as who I am and not be less than who I really am by leting mind control me.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not wanting let of the experience of alternate reality while I'm drunk, it's not who I am.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself justify that it is ok to drink because everyone is doing it.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to actually like the feeling of being able to express myself under influence.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself for allowing the justificaon 'it's just a drink' to exist within me.

I will continue work on myself as alcohol be available to me and take note what thought and reactions come up within me.
tormod

Post by tormod »

Alcohol is a bigger threat to humanity than the industrial revolution or no?

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 051503.php
http://www.alcohol.co.za/statistics.htm
http://alcoholrehab.com/alcohol-rehab/a ... australia/
http://healthadvice.hubpages.com/hub/alcoholic
http://wiki.destonians.com/Drugs
http://forum.desteni.org/viewtopic.php?t=1390

And most important:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOOdjxd0MjI

Since alcohol have the same structures as the mind conscious system and since the alcohol and the mind conscious system are alike, alcohol is a huge treat to humans and development since addiction can lead one to dangerous things and to do stuff that one in other cases would not do.

A very limited group of people know about the mind counsoius system and know how the mind conscious system works and how to learn from the system. Now realize that since alcohol are so equal to, the mind conscious system, people would be more than afraid to reveal it and to become free from the addiction and the abuse of alcohol..

Not very many people understand the consequences of alcohol and the dangers it does to society even and to realize that alcohol is the same as the mind conscious system is to be aware of what information there is out there, and to be responsible with oneself and to be aware that alcohol is dangerous and should be avoided.

Alcohol drinking and abuse cost the society and the world 180 billiard dollars a year: The country with the highest rate of alcoholism is France. It is followed by the United States, Switzerland, and Sweden.

Alcohol makes one forgetful and it makes ignore the realness and the issues in life and that one have to take responsibility for one. Alcohol is much like to meditate, you feel relaxed and you feel comfortable and maybe even attractive.

I have been addicted to alcohol for 10 years or so. I have spent thousands of dollars on alcohol and to satisfy the addiction and to become satisfied and drunk.

I realize that with alcohol there are huge dangers. People drink when pregnant. People drink when they are to drive, people drink in front of children, and people drink to fee hot and sexy for relationship. Alcohol is a bigger lie and a bigger threat to society not because it cost society so much money, but because it is ignored from the governments and it is not taken into consideration and values, action in everyday life. Everyday people go to the store, every day they pass the alcohol, and they have to relate to the alcohol and the dangers with drinking.

I realize that alcoholism is a huge treat t humans and the human development and to society/the world.
I put that in a perspective of food, and a perspective of what one eat and also what comes into ones body, and health – human conditions.

I put alcohol, like carrots and coffee, in a position with health/food and nutrition. Alcohol needs to be banned alcohol needs to be prohibited and stopped in the production, and alcohol should not be a part of society, and it should not be a part of how we think and how we, develop this earth together, and how we imagine this life.
Alcohol abuse is hurting children and it is causing them to be abused and neglected and alcohol is causing cancer, hurt, and brain damage, deaths and a huge loss of money to society and the humans.

Alcoholism is only threatening to society because it needs to be taken away. Humans need not to drink alcohol and it should not be sold and it should not be available to humans, either human have an “adult” and responsible relationship, to alcohol or they don’t. Alcohol is hurtful and a damaging drink and must there for be banned. Alcohol and alcoholism must be dealt with one health/medical and human/scientific perspective. Becoming free from alcohol and alcoholism is a rough ride and it takes a lot of strength and effort to do so.

Alcoholism and alcohol must be banned from society and from the stores because the hurts and the losses that it implies to society. Alcohol is not needed in the future.

Alcohol and alcoholism must be treated and it must be dealt with through scientific relations and through a perspective that is best for all.

The perspective that is best for all is to ban alcohol, to stop the production/sales and the distribution and consume of alcohol. Alcoholism and alcoholics are having their way. And it is resolution in death and damage.

The largest part of suffering human from alcoholism is children. First the children are being neglected abused and violated upon. Children are the largest loosing part in the game of alcohol and children are not heard. How are they to speak in court, or to adults? Adults that they have only seen drinking and abusing themselves with alcohol?

So alcohol and alcoholism should be stopped and dealt with the sooner the better. If you are a drinker: stop your abuse today! Alcohol is making you dumber and it is hurting those around you.

Alcoholism is but abuse of own body and to ignore issues and responsibilities with self.

Alcoholism and alcoholics should be death with the sooner the better. Alcohol has no place in a future society and is best banned/restricted to hospitals/medical use.

Thank you!

Return to “The Design of Series”